[May 21, 2024, 11:51:36 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by DoctorV
[May 21, 2024, 11:33:38 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[May 21, 2024, 05:59:48 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[May 21, 2024, 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette Basketball Trend  (Read 14854 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Marquette Basketball Trend
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2020, 10:56:58 PM »
Really couldn't be much worse than what his NBA career actually was (past-tense as he's a G league guy now).  Henry was getting drafted lottery with or without Wojo.

None of which supports your claim. Shockingly.

Kind of interesting  how Steve Novak had a way better career.

Not really. One could shoot the lights out as a freshman in high school. The other still can’t shoot. Not that hard to figure out why one had a better career than the other.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2020, 11:06:26 PM »
None of which supports your claim. Shockingly.
Shockingly, it does.  By indicating that he could do no worse and that he was going with or without Wojo means Wojo didn't exactly "send him to the NBA" which is what my original claim was. 

Regardless, you and I both know you are splitting hairs about a situation that does not capture the spirit of what I was getting at.  Wojo didn't build any NBA players.  If anything the overwhelming majority of his players have stagnated or gotten worse under his tutelage.  You'll disagree, I'm sure.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2020, 11:09:10 PM »
Shockingly, it does.  By indicating that he could do no worse and that he was going with or without Wojo means Wojo didn't exactly "send him to the NBA" which is what my original claim was. 

Regardless, you and I both know you are splitting hairs about a situation that does not capture the spirit of what I was getting at.  Wojo didn't build any NBA players.  If anything the overwhelming majority of his players have stagnated or gotten worse under his tutelage.  You'll disagree, I'm sure.

Yes, if you discount the players Wojo has make it to the NBA then he had 0 players make it to the NBA.

Good argument.

And yes we’ll disagree that most of his players have stagnated or gotten worse under Wojo.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2020, 11:11:54 PM »
Yes, if you discount the players Wojo has make it to the NBA then he had 0 players make it to the NBA.

Good argument.

And yes we’ll disagree that most of his players have stagnated or gotten worse under Wojo.
Player(S)??  Should just be "player".  You have a typo.  Also Ellenson has been in the G league nearly his whole career and has never played more than half of an NBA season.  So... I guess you're right.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2020, 11:16:37 PM »
Player(S)??  Should just be "player".  You have a typo.  Also Ellenson has been in the G league nearly his whole career and has never played more than half of an NBA season.  So... I guess you're right.

You got it wrong and now you’re digging in. Doesn’t change the fact that you got it wrong.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2020, 11:18:58 PM »
You got it wrong and now you’re digging in. Doesn’t change the fact that you got it wrong.
Ok I overlooked Henry Ellenson when listing several mediocre statistics related to Wojo off the top of my head.  But my overall point is relevant and by bringing it here you're intentionally distracting.

Unless you're saying Wojo coaching Henry Ellenson followed by Henry Ellenson's NBA career should be counted as a positive for his overall "success resume"?  Is that what you're saying?  I honestly can't tell.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2020, 11:20:46 PM »
Ok I overlooked Henry Ellenson when listing several mediocre statistics related to Wojo off the top of my head.  But my overall point is relevant and by bringing it here you're intentionally distracting.

Unless you're saying Wojo coaching Henry Ellenson followed by Henry Ellenson's NBA career should be counted as a positive for his overall "success resume"?  Is that what you're saying?  I honestly can't tell.

I’m saying if you’re going to cry about Wojo at least get what you’re crying about right.

Or don’t and keep digging in despite the facts being against you. Up to you I suppose.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2020, 11:23:23 PM »
I’m saying if you’re going to cry about Wojo at least get what you’re crying about right.

Or don’t and keep digging in despite the facts being against you. Up to you I suppose.
Ok - Henry Ellenson is proof that Wojo is a good coach and player development guy.  You win.  You really are gonna die on that Projo hill huh?

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2020, 11:42:49 PM »
Buzz still has 4 former mu players in the league!!! Thats pretty impressive! 

joparks

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2020, 03:14:13 AM »
Just saying, I don't think I would be bragging to everyone about getting Ellenson to the NBA if I was Wojo.  He didn't develop the guy much if at all while he was here and he hasn't done anything in the NBA and he's currently in the G League. 

Honestly, it comes across as desperate if you are chalking that one into the win column.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2020, 06:02:44 AM »

Are you suggesting that a guy like Jimmy Butler wouldn’t have gone t9 the NBA if he’d gone somewhere other than MU?

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2020, 06:29:05 AM »
After this administration 86’d the great thing going with buzz, acting like those kind of coaches grow like raspberries, I’m not sure I’d trust them to make a better hire.

Such incompetence, leaves me thinking maybe another year of wojo isn’t a bad thing.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2020, 06:31:48 AM »
Nobody’s championing Hank. What comes out as desperate is blatantly getting your facts wrong and then shifting the goalposts when called out on it.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2020, 06:32:12 AM »
After this administration 86’d the great thing going with buzz, acting like those kind of coaches grow like raspberries, I’m not sure I’d trust them to make a better hire.

Such incompetence, leaves me thinking maybe another year of wojo isn’t a bad thing.

I hear your overall sentiment, but the bolded isn’t true.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2020, 06:32:53 AM »
Are you suggesting that a guy like Jimmy Butler wouldn’t have gone t9 the NBA if he’d gone somewhere other than MU?

Buzz definitely got the most out of his players, to get them ready for/to the nba.  What they do when in isn’t really on any college coach anyone.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2020, 06:34:27 AM »
I hear your overall sentiment, but the bolded isn’t true.

Lovell?  I know Scholl wasn’t here. ..or was that pilarz/Larry?  UGHHHHH!!!  What a nightmare

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2020, 06:36:33 AM »
Buzz definitely got the most out of his players, to get them ready for/to the nba.  What they do when in isn’t really on any college coach anyone.
He did, that was his best trait as a coach imo.

However, JFB was going to the NBA even if he didn’t play for Buzz so to give him the credit seems silly.

panda

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2020, 06:37:20 AM »

Good argument.

Henry was a first rounder coming out of high school and he was drafted in the first round after MU. Good on Wojo to get him here but Ellenson would have had the same results at any other major school.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2020, 06:39:46 AM »
Lovell?  I know Scholl wasn’t here. ..or was that pilarz/Larry?  UGHHHHH!!!  What a nightmare

Lovell ok’d the Wojo hire but was not yet started.  Scholl came in to replace Cords interim stint after Larry left. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2020, 06:45:47 AM »
Henry was a first rounder coming out of high school and he was drafted in the first round after MU. Good on Wojo to get him here but Ellenson would have had the same results at any other major school.

So what you’re saying is...Wojo hasn’t put 0 players into the NBA.

Agreed.

Buzz still has 4 former mu players in the league!!! Thats pretty impressive! 

Which four are we counting? I’m assuming not Deonte since he sat the bench for one year under Buzz and ended his career at Iowa State.

So we’re giving Buzz both Wes, who he coached for just his final season, and Juan, who Wojo coached for just his final season?

Wes counts for Buzz but Juan, in the exact same situation as Wes, does not count for Wojo and does count for Buzz. Sure, have it both ways Nojos!

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2020, 06:47:39 AM »

I am in favor a finding a new coach, but the BOT does not inspire confidence . . . 

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2020, 07:26:33 AM »

Same with Wes. And Butler. And Crowder.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2020, 07:47:00 AM »
Much of the 'fanbase' is trending downward. Deep into the poopy muck.
#lies #fakenews

This fans bases’ stock is way up for the simple fact that many woke up to the reality that we have a no-talent, stiff bum as our HC
No Finish Line

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2020, 07:50:41 AM »
#lies #fakenews

This fans bases’ stock is way up for the simple fact that many woke up to the reality that we have a no-talent, stiff bum as our HC

He's at least somewhat able, he'd have a great career somewhere with lower expectations. He'd bring in big recruits and be on the right side of the bubble more than not. He's just not able to hit MU expectations. I think the biggest issue that made this whole "projo" vs "nojo" argument so polarizing is a lot of the people who are considered "projo" aren't willing to use the ridiculous hyperbole used frequently by "nojos" seen here.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2020, 07:58:19 AM »
Maybe MU would start trending upward if we had some really good guards especially ones that can handle the ball and maybe shoot a little bit besides Howard.Makes me sick when I watch Dayton and see the guards they have.Pick it up WOJO!

feedback