[Today at 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[Today at 06:51:10 PM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by lawdog77
[Today at 05:44:34 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[Today at 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: you asked for a new coach  (Read 1216 times)

Doctor V

• All American
you asked for a new coach
« on: April 07, 2008, 09:10:50 PM »
for those that wanted crean gone, hes gone. you wanted a new coach and you got one. when you were bitching non-stop about crean this and crean that you didnt expect something like this hire, i realize that, but you wanted him gone and you wanted a new coach- and ya got both

now support the new guy for crying out loud. i dont wanna hear we coulda done better, we shoulda searched harder, this is embarassing, etc etc

you have no control over the new coach, so when u asked for one you have to deal with the new choice, and not make that choice dig himself out of a hole already before stepping into the job

in a year or two you will complain if he fails and claim its because hes not qualified- but in reality if he does fail itll be because he cant live up to what crean did at MU.

hes coming into a great situation and he has an excellent opportunity to succeed- some of the best leaders in life are not 'qualified' to lead

give the 'organization' some credit- they know more than all of us and all of us know that they are willing to spend money. trust in their decision- i dont care what anyone says their last one was good for 9 years

maybe they did make a mistake, maybe they got it completely wrong, BUT thats not Buzz's fault and now that he's been named the guy lets just give him a shot....afte all we did ask for a new coach   ::)

muwarrior87

• All American
Re: you asked for a new coach
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 09:13:27 PM »
agreed, i will choose to make my decision on this hire after the conference season next year.  I'm not feeling great about it now but will support my team until they give me a real reason not to support them.  We'll see who's coming back and that will also effect my feelings on this hiring but for now, welcome aboard Buzz. Show us that the AD made the right decision here!

sean980

• Walk-On
Re: you asked for a new coach
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 09:25:26 PM »
mudimitri,

You must be joking when you state that we should "give the organization some credit" because:

1)  They know more than all of us; and
2)  They are willing to spend money.

They know more than us?  - This is the same organization that decided it would be a good idea to rename Marquette the "GOLD." I mean what the F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are willing to spend money!  I sure hope to he!! that our small Jesuit run institution is not spending a huge chunk of change on a completely unproven head coach that nearly 100% of all recruits in the nation will have never heard of.

I feel completely disgusted with this organization right now, and no one is going to say anything that is going to make me think otherwise.

feedback