[May 06, 2024, 06:06:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Billy Hoyle
[May 06, 2024, 05:33:31 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by BLWarrior91
[May 06, 2024, 05:19:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by burger
[May 06, 2024, 03:05:13 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Even After He's Dead, He BF'd Us  (Read 7907 times)

MarquetteVol

• Team Captain
Re: Even After He's Dead, He BF'd Us
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2008, 08:37:05 PM »
For what it's worth, I support Buzz. It's not like I'm going to start rooting for the Hoosiers.  ;D

Coobeys Oil Depot

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2008, 08:40:50 PM »
Oh no what will Marquette do, Buzz will run this program into the ground.  Forget he's landed O'tule, Erik Williams, Taylor and fulce in 6 months....this guy knows nothing about basketball.  

Its obvious that everyone on this board knows way more the the new AD....I can't believe Marquette could be so stupid.

Are those guys the Fab 5? He didn't land Taylor, by the way.

It's not the hiring that bothers me as much as the idea that the bozos making the decisions are still listening to that COMPLETE DICK Tom Crean! Who gives a crap what he thinks? Now the guy is going after Jamil Wilson and we're taking advice from him?

After having his recruiting prowess shoved down my throat for the last 5 days he better damn well recruit the next unnatural carnal knowledgeing fab 5. Taylor's gone. Otule is raw. Fulce is limited. That's our monster recruiting prowess at work.

PRN -- you and I are together on this. This is not an "aggressive" search like Cotting(S)ham said it would be.

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2008, 08:41:10 PM »
Oh no what will Marquette do, Buzz will run this program into the ground.  Forget he's landed O'tule, Erik Williams, Taylor and fulce in 6 months....this guy knows nothing about basketball. 

Its obvious that everyone on this board knows way more the the new AD....I can't believe Marquette could be so stupid.

We didn't land Iman Shumpert... our #1 choice.
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

groove

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2008, 08:42:27 PM »
Our only hope - He gets charged with drunk driving or being with a hooker.

BuzzSucksSucks

• Team Captain
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2008, 08:43:39 PM »
though buzz may be great, the biggest mistake any business can make is to let the former leader pick his replacement.  hope that did not happen here.

Hear, hear....This is cardinal rule #1.  If this is true, this administration is on the junior varsity in a big way.  Of course if he's consulted, TC is going to back Buzz.  He shouldn't ever have been consulted, nor should he have been given an audience for his input.  If this is true, bush leaguers are running the show, ducking for cover.  Sounds like the Baird School to me.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2008, 08:48:27 PM »
So he gets O'Tule (a two star recruit) and Fulce who can't afford another year out of D1.  He's losing Taylor and Williams.  Comforting.  I have two words for you if they hire Williams...De Paul. 

From the people that brought you 'Gold'.

mwbauer7

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2008, 08:55:14 PM »
Our only hope - He gets charged with drunk driving or being with a hooker.

inappropriate...

shaquilvaine

• Starter
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2008, 09:10:09 PM »
For the record... he did get Taylor.  He was a HUGE reason Taylor verbaled.  In fact, when Taylor decided on Mu he told Buzz not Crean he was coming to MU.  Having said that, that crusty old Hurley will likely prevent Taylor from making his way here. 

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2008, 09:18:39 PM »
I would doubt that Crean would have much influence - he left our University in a lurch, wtihout warning, without a request to talk to another school or them requestin git of us, etc.  Maybe he put a good word in for Buzz because really maybe he likes him.  But I doubt that was the deciding factor.  It would be the ultimate of lunacy.

Marquette_TEE

• Walk-On
  • Breeding MU Fans...
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2008, 09:26:20 PM »
This is as bad as "Gold", but it's also not the aggressive, put your money where your mouth is search I was hoping for.  This damn message board got me all pumped we might still have a shot at Bennett.  Damn!  I hope this guy can start recruiting big timers.

After watching tonight's championship, it is very evident how much more athletic and polished the top tier teams really are.

I think a lot of our MU shock is that we all have blinders on to where MU really stands in the world of college basketball.  Probably, at best, 2nd tier, but maybe even 3rd tier.
Bleed Marquette Blue & Gold!
We Are Marquette!

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2008, 09:30:53 PM »
Its not just the players in tonights game that are more polished

thatman32

• Starter
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2008, 09:43:19 PM »
What a bad hire!! While I never thought the administration was competent but I cannot believe they choose this guy.  Lowery would have been a much better choice.  TC leaving was a great opportunity since he hit his ceiling 2 years ago.  Now we have a coach that comes from the TC tree.  Now TC will look like a genius since this guy is going to crash the program into the mountain.  A clean break and a new basketball philosophy is what is needed.  Also the head of the board is from Baird Advisors(Mary Ellen Stan) and works in the fixed income area.  If you have any money at Baird advisors I recommend you take it out NOW since she obviously has no idea what the hell she is doing.  Also, what the hell is someone from fixed income doing being in charge of the board.  Of course she is going to be risk averse since she works in Fixed Income.

The Dude: Look, nothing is unnatural carnal knowledgeed, here, man.
The Big Lebowski: Nothing is unnatural carnal knowledgeed?
[shouting]
The Big Lebowski: The god damn plane has crashed into the mountain!   

🏀

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2008, 09:45:51 PM »
What a bad hire!! While I never thought the administration was competent but I cannot believe they choose this guy.  Lowery would have been a much better choice.  TC leaving was a great opportunity since he hit his ceiling 2 years ago.  Now we have a coach that comes from the TC tree.  Now TC will look like a genius since this guy is going to crash the program into the mountain.  A clean break and a new basketball philosophy is what is needed.  Also the head of the board is from Baird Advisors(Mary Ellen Stan) and works in the fixed income area.  If you have any money at Baird advisors I recommend you take it out NOW since she obviously has no idea what the hell she is doing.  Also, what the hell is someone from fixed income doing being in charge of the board.  Of course she is going to be risk averse since she works in Fixed Income.

The Dude: Look, nothing is fracked, here, man.
The Big Lebowski: Nothing is fracked?
[shouting]
The Big Lebowski: The god damn plane has crashed into the mountain!   

Calmer than you are dude.