[Today at 10:35:46 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by #UnleashSean
[Today at 09:35:14 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 12:50:43 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[May 06, 2024, 06:06:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Buzz Williams named on radio  (Read 5466 times)

MUEng92

• All American
Re: Buzz Williams named on radio
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2008, 06:54:14 PM »
Does anyone else find it odd that in our Internet age, the only place reporting on a new MU coach is a radio station in Madison?

It has been an hour.  Why hasn't anyone else reported it yet?

It could very well be correct, but it makes me wonder!

SGWarrior

• Starter
  • "I'm a winning guy."
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2008, 06:56:30 PM »
Seems fishy to me too.  I just don't buy it.

larrym

• Starter
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2008, 06:58:43 PM »
The very next show on that radio station had an interview with Tim Brando and someone else.  Brando mentioned the DeCourcey interview from his show this morning.  Just reiterated what DeCourcey had said.  The hosts (one of which owns Marquette's flagship station 540) didn't bring anything up.  Of course they're in San Antonio, so they probably weren't listening to their own top of the hour newsbreak.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2008, 07:25:16 PM »
This hire makes us look mid-major.
Mosarsaur - the point is this is nothing to get "fired up" about. We just went looking for a coach and completely whiffed. If this is true we got a guy with less qualifications than the most recent hires at Depaul, ND, UWGB, Northwestern, or even UWM. Now, ask yourself if a team like Lasalle, for instance, would even INTERVIEW him?

This does not make us look mid-major.

No respectable mid-major would hire an assistant who was hired 9 or so months ago during their annual last second hires of assistant coaches by an ass of a head coach. No respectable mid-major would hire an assistant that is based at least somewhat on the claim that two of the current recruits just might be swayed to still come to campus. No respectable mid-major would end a search after apparently only interviewing 3 guys (as was basically claimed on Friday when it was announced that Buzz was the frontrunner after 3 guys said no).

This makes us look flat out incompetent.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2008, 07:43:29 PM »
Mosarsaur - the point is this is nothing to get "fired up" about. We just went looking for a coach and completely whiffed. If this is true we got a guy with less qualifications than the most recent hires at Depaul, ND, UWGB, Northwestern, or even UWM. Now, ask yourself if a team like Lasalle, for instance, would even INTERVIEW him?

Who knows if Lasalle would interview him. If we couldn't get Bennett, Miller, Grant and whoever else was on our list and Buzz eventually is announced as the HC tomorrow, then we should move forward.

It doesn't take much for me to get excited about MU Basketball...and it has nothing to do with whoever the head coach is. When I was younger I got excited every season whether the coach was Raymonds, Majerus, Dukiet, or O'Neill. When I was a student during the Deane years, I still got excited. The point is, we've got a good solid team with some great senior leadership. Would YOU rather have had TC at the helm next season? My guess would be "no".

We couldn't get the guys we REALLY wanted so we interviewed a few other guys and maybe Buzz turned into the best remaining option. He was not my first choice either, but let's see if we can make some lemonade out of this situation.