collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Marquette Crime Reports  (Read 52951 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Marquette Crime Reports
« Reply #825 on: December 30, 2023, 06:54:38 AM »
If that’s where the bar is set, there are a ton of people on this board that should run for cover.  Be careful of what you ask for.

Not pointing this at you TAMU.

My take, this is a place to exchange commentary, moderated when needed. And that’s all it is. 

Considering you have used and/or implied personal information about me that I have never disclosed on this site, that’s quite the statement. Since others have done similarly, I am assuming that such information is freely shared amongst a group.

Which is really odd behavior IMO.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #826 on: December 30, 2023, 06:59:42 AM »

Considering you have used and/or implied personal information about me that I have never disclosed on this site, that’s quite the statement. Since others have done similarly, I am assuming that such information is freely shared amongst a group.

Which is really odd behavior IMO.

Yep, this is only about you.  A legend in your own mind.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #827 on: December 30, 2023, 07:03:33 AM »
Chili

I would actually have Sultan on the top of my list of scoopers I have zero interest in knowing anything about. Seriously, zero interest in knowing one thing about his real life. I have seen enough of his work on scoop and zero additional info is needed.

• All American
« Reply #828 on: December 30, 2023, 07:06:59 AM »
Yep, this is only about you.  A legend in your own mind.

I never said it was about me. You (and others) are getting up in arms about something you have done in the past.

Chili

I would actually have Sultan on the top of my list of scoopers I have zero interest in knowing anything about. Seriously, zero interest in knowing one thing about his real life. I have seen enough of his work on scoop and zero additional info is needed.

Good.

But again, really odd discussion point.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Goose

• All American
« Reply #829 on: December 30, 2023, 07:12:04 AM »
Sultan,

You had just posted people posting about your real life and sharing info within a group. You brought this back to you and things said about you. I was simply making one thing very clear, there is zero about you that interests me to learn more about you beyond what I know via scoop. Have no fears about me digging into your life and “sharing” info on you.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #830 on: December 30, 2023, 07:16:31 AM »
Because he has been doxxed by members of this board.   In a discussion about doxxing by members of this board.   Odd discussion point to continue to ignore that elephant in the room.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 07:20:04 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

• All American
« Reply #831 on: December 30, 2023, 07:30:11 AM »
Because he has been doxxed by members of this board.   In a discussion about doxxing by members of this board.   Odd discussion point to continue to ignore that elephant in the room.

Right. It's a strange failure in logic.

The point is that some of the people getting outraged over people's comments to rocket were the same ones who both failed to say anything similar when keefe actually directly contacted Scoopers' workplaces. And they also continue to participate in doxxing by directly stating personal information about Scoopers without their permission.  I was simply using myself as the example.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #832 on: December 30, 2023, 07:35:39 AM »
Serious question to everyone on scoop, have you ever found or shared personal info about scoopers to friends or fellow scoopers? If so, is that crossing the line?

I fully understand doxxing is at a much different level, but invading privacy is invading privacy. Is what happened to wades really doxxing or just crazy bad behavior.

I can say with 100% honesty that I have never looked up one scooper on the internet. That said, I have definitely looked/snooped on people on the internet. While I think that behavior is a waste of time, I do not think it is new behavior. The internet just made it easier. Hell, I remember looking for an old girlfriend’s telephone number in the phonebook when she moved back to town and this was 40 years ago.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #833 on: December 30, 2023, 07:37:17 AM »
You have to admit, there’s a difference in someone calling you by your first name…and veiled claims and threats about one’s professionalism. Wades and Rocket both have legit complaints….whether or not you like their on-line personas. 

• All American
« Reply #834 on: December 30, 2023, 07:41:10 AM »
You have to admit, there’s a difference in someone calling you by your first name…and veiled claims and threats about one’s professionalism. Wades and Rocket both have legit complaints….whether or not you like their on-line personas. 

Hey whatever helps you sleep at night...

Goose

• All American
« Reply #835 on: December 30, 2023, 07:42:03 AM »
Fluff

I agree with your doxxing comments, only a fxxkin moron would not agree doxxing is horrible. I am not outraged in the Rocket situation, I just think bias and 🏀 crossed a line, not the doxxing line but mutual respect line.

I would hope that there is no need to debate doxxing being a horrible thing. My only involvement in this thread was because I thought two posters made over the line personal attacks.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #836 on: December 30, 2023, 07:43:40 AM »
Hey whatever helps you sleep at night...

To quote you, “huh”?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #837 on: December 30, 2023, 07:48:57 AM »
He got the pretty one. Interesting.

Who are you to judge beauty?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

• All American
« Reply #838 on: December 30, 2023, 07:49:31 AM »
nm
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 07:52:12 AM by The Sultan of Semantics »

• All American
« Reply #839 on: December 30, 2023, 07:50:59 AM »
To quote you, “huh”?

If you can find a time I have stated personal information about someone that hasn't already been disclosed by that person, go right ahead.

Otherwise you are just being a hypocrite.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #840 on: December 30, 2023, 07:51:17 AM »
I have zero interest in finding out more about scoopers than they wish to be shared.   And I don't believe in bullying.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #841 on: December 30, 2023, 07:51:51 AM »
could not have said it better chili-

i may not have been "doxed"  as the definition so goes, but what basketball for brains did was coming oh so close.  if one wants to set the bar as tamu has stated, then why don't we all just use our real names, addresses and open it all up-fair game?  there is a reason we do not of course. 

if there was a pattern to ones behavior is one thing.  is everything written here on the "up & up"  glass houses?  it's another thing to use this board to try to personally damage someone-that is the true character that comes out

So, keefe’s true character was revealed.  Glad you agree

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #842 on: December 30, 2023, 07:52:33 AM »

If you can find a time I have stated personal information about someone that hasn't already been disclosed by that person, go right ahead.

Otherwise you are just being a hypocrite.

No, you are being pedantic…again.

• All American
« Reply #843 on: December 30, 2023, 07:55:53 AM »
No, you are being pedantic…again.

Whatever excuse you can use in your mind to justify your behavior....

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #844 on: December 30, 2023, 07:58:24 AM »
Whatever excuse you can use in your mind to justify your behavior....

At least you are consistent.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #845 on: December 30, 2023, 10:02:44 AM »
could not have said it better chili-

i may not have been "doxed"  as the definition so goes, but what basketball for brains did was coming oh so close.  if one wants to set the bar as tamu has stated, then why don't we all just use our real names, addresses and open it all up-fair game?  there is a reason we do not of course. 

if there was a pattern to ones behavior is one thing.  is everything written here on the "up & up"  glass houses?  it's another thing to use this board to try to personally damage someone-that is the true character that comes out

Rocket,  please explain how anyone on this site has damaged you on the real world.

No one has. Youre not reacting because you've been damaged,  you're reacting because you know you could be.  You know you've written stuff on here that if shared with people who "truly know" you would cause them to recoil.

I have used my real name on this site. The reason i feel comfortable doing that is because if you go through my posts you could probably find some hair brained basketball takes but everything I would either stand behind or admit I was wrong. I would reflect on why you can't say the same.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 10:21:01 AM by TAMU, Knower of Ball »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #846 on: December 30, 2023, 10:09:26 AM »
Detroit Population fell from 1,670,000 in 1960 to 646,000 today. So hopefully the number of murders have dropped….🤓
Your very strong business brain doesn't understand rates and percentages vs. absolute numbers?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #847 on: December 30, 2023, 10:12:10 AM »
I agree, Chili.

As for TAMU post, my dentist does have a completely different internet persona on the internet and I recommend that dentist to family and friends. There is not scoop persona that would keep from reaching out to anyone on scoop.

Obviously I like some posters more than others, but I have had great PM interactions with some posters I do not like their persona, but I find them interesting or intelligent on certain topics.

If you would make any personal decisions over someone’s online persona good for you, but you better reverse dox everyone in your life and find if they have an online persona that offends you.

And see,  i think most of us don't have a persona on scoop. Most of us are the same offline as online.  I can understand the fun in being someone else online, but when someone uses an anonymous profile to say hateful and bigoted things, spread misinformation, or to identify their patients by name and comment on whether our not they're banging their boyfriend, I question what kind of person in real life would find that fun.

As for your suggestion to reverse dox everyone i know,  no i don't need to do that.  I operate with the information i have.  My baseline is to think the best of people.  But i trust when people tell me otherwise about themselves.
TAMU

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #848 on: December 30, 2023, 10:19:52 AM »
If that’s where the bar is set, there are a ton of people on this board that should run for cover.  Be careful of what you ask for.

Not pointing this at you TAMU.

My take, this is a place to exchange commentary, moderated when needed. And that’s all it is.

Why should we run for cover? How is reposting things on this site already shared on this site damaging in any way?

Our are you talking about the standard that we shouldn't say things online that we wouldn't want people in our lives to know about? My question is,  why wouldn't you hold yourself to that standard? Most of us do that already.

I agree,  this is a place to exchange commentary.  Part of that commentary can be calling out the commentary of others.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 10:27:54 AM by TAMU, Knower of Ball »
TAMU

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #849 on: December 30, 2023, 10:20:31 AM »
Rocket,  please explain how anyone on this site has damaged you on the real world.

No one has. Youre not reacting because you've been damaged,  you're reacting because you know you could be.  You know you've written stuff on here that if shared with people who "truly know" you would cause them to recoil.

I have used my real name on this site. The reason i feel comfortable doing that is because if you go through my posts you could probably find some hair brained basketball takes but everything else I would either stand behind or admit I was wrong. I would reflect on why you can't say the same.

If you can’t see Rocket and his class are  always the victim, I’m not sure what I can tell you.  It’s very sad when you live in a world where your class suffers daily like rocket’s does.  It’s mostly because of ice cream from what I gather

feedback