collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Marquette Crime Reports  (Read 52917 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: Marquette Crime Reports
« Reply #800 on: December 29, 2023, 03:11:52 PM »
If a message board makes you angry enough to doxx someone, that’s a you problem.

Bingo!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #801 on: December 29, 2023, 03:13:49 PM »
Doxxing is bullying.   I have a visceral dislike of bullying.   I will never condone it.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #802 on: December 29, 2023, 03:45:29 PM »
PLM

What does the quote you dug up from me have to do with anything? First, it is one quote of many that day, I believe and I have stated countless times that what happened to wades was flat out wrong.

I believe the day it happened I was being told to get to the bottom of things and I had no idea how that was my responsibility. I spoke to Keefe that day and he told me it was not him and I took him for his word. One of the mods had stated several times that they are convinced it was him and I never disputed the mods.

For the record, I have reached out to wades several times since that happened and had conversations on that topic. If he sent the email he should be banned and I would not disagree with any way wades handled it.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2023, 03:50:58 PM by Goose »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #803 on: December 29, 2023, 04:20:38 PM »

Nope. I am beyond pissed that it happened and haven't received any sort of apology for it.  The fact that you get all up in arms about bias' reply to rocket, using information that rocket himself has disclosed, yet were kinda like "well what can you do?" when it happened to wades and me shows you are at best inconsistent on the matter.

So my "Huh" response was actually the polite one of the two I was considering.

They're not the apologizing type.  Not even in private.

Ask me how I know.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #804 on: December 29, 2023, 04:31:43 PM »
Hey Hards

Seriously? I believe I have reached out to you several times, maybe not to apologize but clear the air. I think there are a ton of posts from
a lot of people that justify an apology.

I will say Pakuni one time stated he might have crossed the line with me and it was appreciated. IMO, outing someone and serious personal attacks are off limits.

To start the new year off right, I apologize if I ever made a crazy personal attack on anyone on scoop.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #805 on: December 29, 2023, 04:36:18 PM »
Hey Hards

Seriously? I believe I have reached out to you several times, maybe not to apologize but clear the air. I think there are a ton of posts from

I will say Pakuni one time stated he might have crossed the line with me and it was appreciated. IMO, outing someone and serious personal attacks are off limits.

To start the new year off right, I apologize if I ever made a crazy personal attack on anyone on scoop.

You weren't a doxxer, my friend.  We disagree on many things, but you're not who I am referring to here.  I wish you the best.

Also, to clarify, I don't need or expect an apology anymore.  The time for such things is long since past, and I've forgiven those involved without saying as much aloud.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #806 on: December 29, 2023, 04:42:31 PM »
Hey Hards

Doxxing is bad regardless of friend of stranger. And should be abruptly called out on who is doing it. Glad you seem to have reflected and grown on the matter.

Wish you all the best in the new year and hope for more kindness and empathy from everyone here. Too much hatred of our fellow man these days.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #807 on: December 29, 2023, 06:07:33 PM »
Didn't know ignoring a user blocks everything, that's honestly a bummer.

You've mentioned East Troy 10 times on MUScoop. Four of those times you've identified yourself as physically being in East Troy or having an office in East Troy.

regardless basketball for brains-you know what you are doing and why and it sure ain't for anything good...because you guys don't like my politics, you do what the "mostly peaceful' types do and try to hurt people in other ways, i.e. their businesses.  instead of trying to burn mine down physically, you are trying to hurt it via doxing.  your post was way out of line.  there was absolutely no redeeming quality to it, but it sure made you feel good

if you were to be successful in hurting my business, understand you are hurting employees and patients.  if i brought up east troy, it was because it was pertinent to or it was in context with the discussion, i don't really remember.   i know it wasn't to put my business in harms way.  you however are doing just that and it's beyond WRONG.  it is abhorrent and people like you should not be allowed to post here if that is your goal to hurt fellow posters financially

one last thing-the people who really know me, work for me, have done business with me, been patients of mine for over 35 years, some crossing the generation from my father to me including my kindergarten teacher, piano teacher, high school teachers, coaches, grandchildren of classmates and friends, etc.etc.  they all know who i am. 

so stand proud basketball brains and dox away...   

don't...don't don't don't don't

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #808 on: December 29, 2023, 06:15:24 PM »
After Rise in Murders During the Pandemic, a Sharp Decline in 2023

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/12/29/us/crime-data-fbi-homicides.html?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20231229&instance_id=111233&nl=the-morning&regi_id=108420427&segment_id=153783&te=1&user_id=d36dcf821462fdd16ec3636710a855fa

Detroit is on track to record the fewest murders since the 1960s. In Philadelphia, where there were more murders in 2021 than in any year on record, the number of homicides this year has fallen more than 20 percent from last year. And in Los Angeles, the number of shooting victims this year is down more than 200 from two years ago.

The decrease in gun violence in 2023 has been a welcome trend for communities around the country, though even as the number of homicides and the number of shootings have fallen nationwide, they remain higher than on the eve of the pandemic.

Detroit Population fell from 1,670,000 in 1960 to 646,000 today. So hopefully the number of murders have dropped….🤓
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #809 on: December 29, 2023, 06:22:31 PM »
I for one have a deeply held belief that I shouldn't be held to account for anything I say ever, let alone on a college basketball forum

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #810 on: December 29, 2023, 06:32:17 PM »
regardless basketball for brains-you know what you are doing and why and it sure ain't for anything good...because you guys don't like my politics, you do what the "mostly peaceful' types do and try to hurt people in other ways, i.e. their businesses.  instead of trying to burn mine down physically, you are trying to hurt it via doxing.  your post was way out of line.  there was absolutely no redeeming quality to it, but it sure made you feel good

if you were to be successful in hurting my business, understand you are hurting employees and patients.  if i brought up east troy, it was because it was pertinent to or it was in context with the discussion, i don't really remember.   i know it wasn't to put my business in harms way.  you however are doing just that and it's beyond WRONG.  it is abhorrent and people like you should not be allowed to post here if that is your goal to hurt fellow posters financially

one last thing-the people who really know me, work for me, have done business with me, been patients of mine for over 35 years, some crossing the generation from my father to me including my kindergarten teacher, piano teacher, high school teachers, coaches, grandchildren of classmates and friends, etc.etc.  they all know who i am. 

Glad you agree Keefe should never post here again
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #811 on: December 29, 2023, 06:33:18 PM »
Detroit Population fell from 1,670,000 in 1960 to 646,000 today. So hopefully the number of murders have dropped….🤓

I often had dinner with Joe Louis in Detroit.  Occasionally, George Romney would discuss politics with us

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #812 on: December 29, 2023, 06:55:34 PM »
Saying one is lucky no one has retaliated for the idiotic things you say isn’t the same as doxxing.

Doxxing is bad. Pointing out you haven’t suffered consequences for hateful speech isn’t that.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #813 on: December 29, 2023, 06:57:37 PM »
I often had dinner with Joe Louis in Detroit.  Occasionally, George Romney would discuss politics with us

How 'bout da tyme ya took Aretha Franklin ta prom, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #814 on: December 29, 2023, 06:57:48 PM »

Huh.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #815 on: December 29, 2023, 06:59:33 PM »

How 'bout da tyme ya took Aretha Franklin ta prom, hey?

Herm and I doubled. He took Diana Ross

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #816 on: December 29, 2023, 07:58:01 PM »

He took a meeting with Barry Gordy first to make sure it was OK.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #817 on: December 29, 2023, 08:12:50 PM »
He took a meeting with Barry Gordy first to make sure it was OK.

Actually, he chaperoned

🏀

• All American
« Reply #818 on: December 29, 2023, 08:40:50 PM »

You don’t know what doxxing means.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #819 on: December 29, 2023, 10:41:15 PM »

He got the pretty one. Interesting.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #820 on: December 30, 2023, 12:14:07 AM »

Rocket, you have never, to my knowledge, been doxxed on this site. Doxxing involves either posting personal information on this site that you have never shared on this site, or it is sharing what you've posted on this site with those who know you in the real world. You have repeatedly shared that you are located in the East Troy area. That makes it fair game for people to mention on this site. I've shared on this site that I work for Texas A&M on this site and even the general area of the university I work in. If another poster brings up who my employer is, and that's happened more than a few times, they aren't doxxing me. They're just reposting what I've already shared.

You have not been doxxed Rocket and I genuinely hope you never are.

You seem very certain of this, so I will take you at your word. But I would encourage you to reflect on why you think this is true. Is it because the people who really know you, work for you, have done business with you, been patients of yours for over 35 years, know about the side of you that comes out on this site? Would they laugh and smile and give you atta boys for all of the things that you've posted over the years? I'll admit, I'm skeptical. If I learned that one of my daughter's medical providers made a post on a college basketball forum about how my daughter is schtooping her boyfriend, that medical provider would be getting an enraged phone call and would lose my business and the business of anyone I knew. Maybe your patients are more forgiving.

Or do you think this is true because you don't consider the persona you have on this site to be who you truly are? Which begs the age old question, are we are truest selves when everyone is watching or when no one is watching? Personally, I think we're both.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #821 on: December 30, 2023, 04:41:58 AM »
If that’s where the bar is set, there are a ton of people on this board that should run for cover.  Be careful of what you ask for.

Not pointing this at you TAMU.

My take, this is a place to exchange commentary, moderated when needed. And that’s all it is. 

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #822 on: December 30, 2023, 05:51:59 AM »
If that’s where the bar is set, there are a ton of people on this board that should run for cover.  Be careful of what you ask for.

Not pointing this at you TAMU.

My take, this is a place to exchange commentary, moderated when needed. And that’s all it is.

could not have said it better chili-

i may not have been "doxed"  as the definition so goes, but what basketball for brains did was coming oh so close.  if one wants to set the bar as tamu has stated, then why don't we all just use our real names, addresses and open it all up-fair game?  there is a reason we do not of course. 

if there was a pattern to ones behavior is one thing.  is everything written here on the "up & up"  glass houses?  it's another thing to use this board to try to personally damage someone-that is the true character that comes out
don't...don't don't don't don't

Goose

• All American
« Reply #823 on: December 30, 2023, 06:20:59 AM »
I agree, Chili.

As for TAMU post, my dentist does have a completely different internet persona on the internet and I recommend that dentist to family and friends. There is not scoop persona that would keep from reaching out to anyone on scoop.

Obviously I like some posters more than others, but I have had great PM interactions with some posters I do not like their persona, but I find them interesting or intelligent on certain topics.

If you would make any personal decisions over someone’s online persona good for you, but you better reverse dox everyone in your life and find if they have an online persona that offends you.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 06:34:32 AM by Goose »

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #824 on: December 30, 2023, 06:48:43 AM »
could not have said it better chili-

i may not have been "doxed"  as the definition so goes, but what basketball for brains did was coming oh so close.  if one wants to set the bar as tamu has stated, then why don't we all just use our real names, addresses and open it all up-fair game?  there is a reason we do not of course. 

if there was a pattern to ones behavior is one thing.  is everything written here on the "up & up"  glass houses?  it's another thing to use this board to try to personally damage someone-that is the true character that comes out

Huh.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

feedback