[Today at 10:35:46 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by #UnleashSean
[Today at 09:35:14 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 12:50:43 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[May 06, 2024, 06:06:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Marquette Crime Reports  (Read 52895 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: Marquette Crime Reports
« Reply #200 on: March 29, 2022, 11:57:11 AM »
Why don't you just quit your job and join mission trips to the outer reaches of U.S. poverty and donate your skills and services to accomplish that end, hey?
My individual contributions to healthcare of the impoverished would not make much of a difference in rectifying serious inequality in our country. That requires large-scale programs.

You either consistently post ignorant things or are incredibly disingenuous in your posts. There's no other explanation
« Last Edit: March 29, 2022, 01:20:40 PM by jesmu84 »

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #201 on: March 29, 2022, 12:36:44 PM »
Who knew the simple act of posting data would stir up such anguish.

I generally agree with your posts (not always, by any means), but you have been doing yeoman’s work in this thread as well as a couple others lately.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #202 on: March 29, 2022, 01:47:06 PM »

You either consistently post ignorant things or are incredibly disingenuous in your posts. There's no other explanation

Somethin' 'bout meetin' a black kettle, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #203 on: March 29, 2022, 02:56:58 PM »
  solution=separate the bad people from the good people
don't...don't don't don't don't

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #204 on: March 29, 2022, 03:04:23 PM »

Isn't that why many dentists have moved to Mequon?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #205 on: March 29, 2022, 03:09:57 PM »

Someone's watched "Escape from New York" a few too many times.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #206 on: March 29, 2022, 03:11:26 PM »
I generally agree with your posts (not always, by any means), but you have been doing yeoman’s work in this thread as well as a couple others lately.
Get with the times:

https://slate.com/human-interest/2016/04/mistress-and-yeoman-gender-neutral-language-in-ap-style-and-the-military.html

🏀

• All American
« Reply #207 on: March 29, 2022, 03:49:47 PM »

Get this man a meeting with the senate, house and Biden immediately.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #208 on: March 29, 2022, 05:20:04 PM »
roqqet's "brain" in action
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #209 on: March 29, 2022, 06:13:02 PM »
roqqet's "brain" in action

show me where i'm wrong TinyS

Jockey

• All American

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #211 on: March 29, 2022, 07:39:31 PM »
show me where i'm wrong TinyS

What do you think makes bad people to be bad people?

Also,  are you concerned that we've already  incarcerated as many people as china and Russia combined?  I'll admit it concerns me a little
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #212 on: March 29, 2022, 07:41:50 PM »

Also,  are you concerned that we've already  incarcerated as many people as china and Russia combined?  I'll admit it concerns me a little

Just the right bad people need to be seperated, not necessarily all bad people. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #213 on: March 29, 2022, 07:47:37 PM »
Just the right bad people need to be seperated, not necessarily all bad people.

*wink, wink*

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #214 on: March 29, 2022, 08:09:26 PM »

Someone asked me for a solution?  Separate the bad people from the good people- do you think we should scale back our incarcerations because, according to your numbers, we have more incarcerated than Russia and China?  Seriously? 

What are the numbers compared to kidney and liver transplants? Capital punishment?  Let’s include those who mysteriously go “missing”. How about Russia’s “food poisonings”. Bad skin rashes, loss of hearing.  Might as well ask about the human rights(wrongs) starting with the Uyghurs- how many million imprisoned?

I’m going to venture to say the reasons Russia and China don’t have as many in prison is because they don’t make it to prison cuz it’s hard to live without kidneys and other vital organs

What makes bad people bad?  That’s a whole separate topic and you digress but I ain’t stepping into that one

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #215 on: March 29, 2022, 08:14:02 PM »
Someone asked me for a solution?  Separate the bad people from the good people- do you think we should scale back our incarcerations because, according to your numbers, we have more incarcerated than Russia and China?  Seriously? 

What are the numbers compared to kidney and liver transplants? Capital punishment?  Let’s include those who mysteriously go “missing”. How about Russia’s “food poisonings”. Bad skin rashes, loss of hearing.  Might as well ask about the human rights(wrongs) starting with the Uyghurs- how many million imprisoned?

I’m going to venture to say the reasons Russia and China don’t have as many in prison is because they don’t make it to prison cuz it’s hard to live without kidneys and other vital organs

What makes bad people bad?  That’s a whole separate topic and you digress but I ain’t stepping into that one
Does this make any sense to anybody? 

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #216 on: March 29, 2022, 08:15:58 PM »

Apparently he believes that we incarcerate less people than Russia and China. Which might be true. I just would hope that we would aim a little higher than that.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #217 on: March 29, 2022, 08:23:02 PM »

4 out of 10.  Sad!
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #218 on: March 29, 2022, 08:41:45 PM »
Again, that's roqqet's "brain" functioning at full capacity.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #219 on: March 29, 2022, 08:54:14 PM »

So your take is that China has harvested the organs of at least 400,000 prisoners leading to their deaths? Even if true,  like fluff said,  I would hope the land of the free could aspire to better than "tied with China for most incarcerated people" (especially given the population disparity).

My take is that we've already tried incarcerating as many people as we can and it hasn't worked. Rather than wait for a crime to occur,  I think we should try understanding why crime occurs and try to address it before the crime occurs.

Which of course leads us back to the question,  what do you think drives bad people to be bad people?  If we don't understand that,  we'll never make any progress
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #220 on: March 29, 2022, 10:13:25 PM »

My take is that we've already tried incarcerating as many people as we can and it hasn't worked. Rather than wait for a crime to occur,  I think we should try understanding why crime occurs and try to address it before the crime occurs.

Minority Report, nice!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #221 on: March 29, 2022, 10:18:37 PM »

Ah. Thanks for clarifying things.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

🏀

• All American
« Reply #222 on: March 29, 2022, 11:11:52 PM »
Minority Report, nice!

Build the wall.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #223 on: April 06, 2022, 02:40:07 PM »
Safety Update: Suspect in custody from credit card skimming incident

Marquette University Police Department officers have taken into custody a suspect in the reported credit card skimming incident at a retail location near campus, which was shared with the Marquette community via the below update on March 25. Charges are pending.

Marquette University is grateful for the responsiveness and professionalism displayed by our MUPD officers.

Shared March 25, 2022: Credit card skimmer recovered near campus

The Marquette University Police Department has recovered a credit card skimming device from the 7-Eleven convenience store located at 17th St. and West Wells St. The device is believed to have been in place for approximately six weeks. If you have made a purchase at the store in the last six weeks and swiped your credit or debit card, MUPD encourages you to monitor your account closely and change your PIN.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #224 on: April 06, 2022, 03:02:31 PM »
This sort of thing would never happen if Marquette moved to Mequon!