[Today at 10:35:46 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by #UnleashSean
[Today at 09:35:14 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 12:50:43 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[May 06, 2024, 06:06:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Marquette Crime Reports  (Read 52896 times)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: Marquette Crime Reports
« Reply #150 on: March 28, 2022, 01:06:51 PM »
If you are supportive of trans people, why do you insist on referring to Lia Thomas as he? I'm assuming someone as supportive as yourself would recognize that misgendering someone is considered an insult to a trans person.

Clarity.  Her Wikipedia page uses she/her while discussing his time on the men's team.  That's confusing for some.  Similar to the ESPN article about the non-binary WNBA player that used all 3 pronouns interchangeably. It made no sense.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #151 on: March 28, 2022, 01:07:37 PM »
Goal ----->>> posts.

Besides what I shared, you don't know a damn thing about my thoughts on a lot of things.  For you, and the rest of the mopes, it's just conservative dumb der hur hur.

I'm surprised someone so open minded as you claim yourself to be isn't more tolerant and makes so many assumptions.

Lol.

When you lie about the situation and mock the gender of the person, it's hard to not make assumptions about you.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #152 on: March 28, 2022, 01:08:42 PM »
I would have bet a lot of money that there would be crickets in regard to the letter sent out by Lovell and shared by 4ever.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #153 on: March 28, 2022, 01:14:32 PM »
Lol.

When you lie about the situation and mock the gender of the person, it's hard to not make assumptions about you.

We all know that you are an asshöle, so no one had to make assumptions about you.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #154 on: March 28, 2022, 01:18:57 PM »
We all know that you are an asshöle, so no one had to make assumptions about you.

At least I'll admit it instead of being this all inclusive person while intentionally using the wrong gender while referring to a transgender female.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #155 on: March 28, 2022, 01:22:59 PM »
I would have bet a lot of money that there would be crickets in regard to the letter sent out by Lovell and shared by 4ever.

I think it's because too stunned by the news that crime occurs in an inner city.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #156 on: March 28, 2022, 01:24:54 PM »

Nah, I just made up the letter and lifted a few catch phases from the Fox News website, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #157 on: March 28, 2022, 01:27:36 PM »

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=63262.msg1438009#msg1438009
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #158 on: March 28, 2022, 01:43:25 PM »
https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=63262.msg1438009#msg1438009

You'd need an army of file clerks to keep up with your 105k posts.  I apologize on behalf of Goose for missing this one.

• All American
« Reply #159 on: March 28, 2022, 01:48:22 PM »
You'd need an army of file clerks to keep up with your 105k posts.  I apologize on behalf of Goose for missing this one.

Wasn't really hard to simply scroll up a page, but sure....
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Goose

• All American
« Reply #160 on: March 28, 2022, 01:50:28 PM »
Ziggy

I saw his post but was not sure if was meant for this thread, transfer portal, Star Wars, Covid economy or running thread. He has a lot of balls in the air and wanted to make sure not to address incorrectly.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #161 on: March 28, 2022, 01:51:02 PM »
Clarity.  Her Wikipedia page uses she/her while discussing his time on the men's team.  That's confusing for some.  Similar to the ESPN article about the non-binary WNBA player that used all 3 pronouns interchangeably. It made no sense.

Okay let me help. The proper way to provide that clarity is to just use she/her. She is currently a she. Even is she was previously a he, you just use the current pronouns, even when discussing past performance. Even if your intent is clarity, the impact you are having is insult.

You are also assuming that she wasn't a she before. Her sex was male, she may have been presenting as male but she may have considered herself female at the time.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #162 on: March 28, 2022, 01:55:47 PM »
Goal ----->>> posts.

Besides what I shared, you don't know a damn thing about my thoughts on a lot of things.  For you, and the rest of the mopes, it's just conservative dumb der hur hur.

I'm surprised someone so open minded as you claim yourself to be isn't more tolerant and makes so many assumptions.

I've shifted nothing, I'm just looking for clarification.  I'm genuinely interested in the answers to the questions.

For the record, I don't think all conservatives are 'dumb hur hur'.  I do like to understand their thought process, and unfortunately a lot of the time, there isn't one.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #163 on: March 28, 2022, 01:55:58 PM »
Okay let me help. The proper way to provide that clarity is to just use she/her. She is currently a she. Even is she was previously a he, you just use the current pronouns, even when discussing past performance. Even if your intent is clarity, the impact you are having is insult.

You are also assuming that she wasn't a she before. Her sex was male, she may have been presenting as male but she may have considered herself female at the time.

You use Latinx too, amirite?

• All American
« Reply #164 on: March 28, 2022, 01:57:36 PM »
Ziggy

I saw his post but was not sure if was meant for this thread, transfer portal, Star Wars, Covid economy or running thread. He has a lot of balls in the air and wanted to make sure not to address incorrectly.

Don't be a dishonest troll.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #165 on: March 28, 2022, 02:25:45 PM »
fluff

I can assure you that I saw your post. I pretty much dismissed it because I thought it was the typical blow off response on this topic.

• All American
« Reply #166 on: March 28, 2022, 02:31:36 PM »
fluff

I can assure you that I saw your post. I pretty much dismissed it because I thought it was the typical blow off response on this topic.

Oh.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #167 on: March 28, 2022, 02:49:53 PM »
fluff

My cricket's comment was more in seeing responses directly related to the letter. I think we all have an idea what caused the letter to be written and agree that in 1983 Fr. Raynor probably would not have been sending out a letter on campus crime. I thought, but did not expect, there could be discussion on the actual letter and the situation on campus, not that Doc is posting updates or my challenging rocky on why singled out Doc. I do believe the letter is worthy of an intelligent conversation.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #168 on: March 28, 2022, 03:17:13 PM »

So Mr. "I'm So Inclusive" himself has an opportunity to learn, better himself, and be more aware and respectful, but instead just mocks the person who's willing to help you become more educated on the subject?

But yeah, I'm just an pretty boy.

You're a phucking joke.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #169 on: March 28, 2022, 03:43:44 PM »

I think that was his intent?

• All American
« Reply #170 on: March 28, 2022, 03:47:36 PM »
fluff

My cricket's comment was more in seeing responses directly related to the letter. I think we all have an idea what caused the letter to be written and agree that in 1983 Fr. Raynor probably would not have been sending out a letter on campus crime. I thought, but did not expect, there could be discussion on the actual letter and the situation on campus, not that Doc is posting updates or my challenging rocky on why singled out Doc. I do believe the letter is worthy of an intelligent conversation.

Yeah.  They sent it out because there are recent increases in crime on and near campus.  I don't think anyone has disputed that.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #171 on: March 28, 2022, 04:52:11 PM »
I think it's interesting that the situation with Lia has become one about competitive balance. Interesting.

How do we determine when a competitor is too fast or too strong or too tall and that attribute becomes unfair for the competition?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #172 on: March 28, 2022, 06:49:02 PM »

I do,  unless someone stells me they prefer something else. As I've explained to you before latinx isn't about being inclusive to latino/a/x people. It's about being inclusive to LGBTQ people within those communities
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #173 on: March 28, 2022, 08:03:31 PM »
I think it's interesting that the situation with Lia has become one about competitive balance. Interesting.

How do we determine when a competitor is too fast or too strong or too tall and that attribute becomes unfair for the competition?

Nm
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 08:06:30 PM by ZiggysFryBoy »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #174 on: March 28, 2022, 10:25:39 PM »

Yeah.  They sent it out because there are recent increases in crime on and near campus.  I don't think anyone has disputed that.

Seriously? There have been an awful lot of posts mocking 4ever for even suggesting such a thing. Lot’s of stories about how rough and hardscrabble the campus was in (fill in the year), too. And dismissive ones (It’s an urban campus, urban areas always have crime problems). Nobody here (other than the President of the university and 4ever) has seemed concern at all.