Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2024 Coaching Carousel  (Read 135946 times)

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
Re: 2024 Coaching Carousel
« Reply #1750 on: April 14, 2024, 03:10:32 PM »
Posters who know when to just let something go or don't do the following are most valued here. Hope Dr. B sticks around.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1751 on: April 14, 2024, 06:25:09 PM »
Goose, I agree.

It's one of the reasons, that if I knew I was in town/near some of the scoopers, I would love to grab a beer with them.

Even the ones I often disagree with. I'd love to grab a beer with Rocket (even though we often disagree, because I'd like to hear his life story; I recognize that Rocket the person is likely very different than Rocket the poster), I know you and I have disagreed on things, but similarly, know I could learn a lot from your different experiences. I regret not getting a chance to grab a beer/dinner with Keefe once (my schedule was busier than expected), and I'm pretty sure he offered to connect me with some possibly useful contacts...even though we typically disagreed.

I realize a message board has its ecosystem, where some will get roasted at times (I still like to lean into my takes on Lebron), but sometimes it gets out of hand, and I'm sure that is what Dr. B is referencing. In particular, the attacks in this thread on jutaw22, were over the top. There are ways to disagree with someone with data/facts, if you disagree, without getting personal.

That said, after careful consideration, due to the fact that as you say we are all hear because of a shared love for MU, I will bring my lack of posting acumen back to MUScoop for another year.

Hey!  Thanks forget!  I know I’d truly enjoy an ice cold beverage with you as well.  With your science background that I believe you have, I think we’d rock and roll forgetting(no pun) about our political leanings. science is a great non contact sport

Cheers! 👍
don't...don't don't don't don't

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1752 on: April 14, 2024, 06:47:18 PM »
😂😂😂 Who replied to who?

Whom, you moron. Who replied to whom.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1753 on: April 14, 2024, 06:48:56 PM »
Meeting Dr. Blackheart was awesome.  I hope he returns when he is ready.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1754 on: April 14, 2024, 07:09:11 PM »
Goose, I agree.

It's one of the reasons, that if I knew I was in town/near some of the scoopers, I would love to grab a beer with them.

Even the ones I often disagree with. I'd love to grab a beer with Rocket (even though we often disagree, because I'd like to hear his life story; I recognize that Rocket the person is likely very different than Rocket the poster), I know you and I have disagreed on things, but similarly, know I could learn a lot from your different experiences. I regret not getting a chance to grab a beer/dinner with Keefe once (my schedule was busier than expected), and I'm pretty sure he offered to connect me with some possibly useful contacts...even though we typically disagreed.

I realize a message board has its ecosystem, where some will get roasted at times (I still like to lean into my takes on Lebron), but sometimes it gets out of hand, and I'm sure that is what Dr. B is referencing. In particular, the attacks in this thread on jutaw22, were over the top. There are ways to disagree with someone with data/facts, if you disagree, without getting personal.

That said, after careful consideration, due to the fact that as you say we are all hear because of a shared love for MU, I will bring my lack of posting acumen back to MUScoop for another year.

Forgetful

I agree with you on some things and disagree on others but I always look forward to reading your opinions. You’ve even changed my perspective at times. I can honestly say that about all but a handful of posters.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1755 on: April 14, 2024, 07:50:42 PM »
Lenny and I used to go at it all the time on scoop and  he is pretty much the same persuasion as I am.  Met a couple of times, golfed and now I’d name my next kid after him…except there aint gonna be anymore little rockets so I’ll have to settle for my next gold fish or macaw being named Lenny 🤷🏼‍♂️

Goose

• All American
« Reply #1756 on: April 14, 2024, 07:56:14 PM »
Rocket

I know we have talked about it, but still surprised that you and Lenny used to bump heads.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #1757 on: April 14, 2024, 08:24:26 PM »
Rocket

I know we have talked about it, but still surprised that you and Lenny used to bump heads.

hot

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1758 on: April 14, 2024, 08:50:04 PM »
Rocket

Goose

I don’t have litmus tests for friends. Neither do you, Rocket or most other folks here. Once you get to know someone differences of opinion take a (way) back seat to friendship.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #1759 on: April 14, 2024, 11:41:05 PM »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1760 on: April 15, 2024, 06:14:29 AM »
Will BYU only look at coaching candidates that are LDS?  Bold, but limiting.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1761 on: April 15, 2024, 08:26:14 AM »
Will BYU only look at coaching candidates that are LDS?  Bold, but limiting.

Pretty sure that's par for the course these days with them. Just looking back, it's been decades since they haven't hired an LDS coach for either their football or basketball programs.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1762 on: April 15, 2024, 08:40:55 AM »
Pretty sure that's par for the course these days with them. Just looking back, it's been decades since they haven't hired an LDS coach for either their football or basketball programs.

Its also part of the reason they don't cycle through coaches as well, IMO.  This will be only their 4th BB coach in 25 years and Sitake is their 4th FB coach...since 1972.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #1763 on: April 15, 2024, 08:52:16 AM »
Meeting Dr. Blackheart was awesome.  I hope he returns when he is ready.

Dr. Blackheart is one of the most knowledgeable and caring Marquette basketball fans I know. His love for our university and our program is unsurpassed.

Besides that, Doc  and his wife are two of the nicest and caring people I know. Really great people and a joy to be around.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1764 on: April 15, 2024, 08:54:48 AM »
Its also part of the reason they don't cycle through coaches as well, IMO.  This will be only their 4th BB coach in 25 years and Sitake is their 4th FB coach...since 1972.

And LaVell Edwards was not LDS was he was hired I believe. I think he converted pretty late in his career.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Goose

• All American
« Reply #1765 on: April 15, 2024, 10:13:51 AM »
Lenny

Some of my oldest and best friends have vastly different views on life, activities and hobbies. Even with the different viewpoints we have remained friends for 50+ years. I will add, that aside from several that have taken the cure, they all do enjoy a cocktail. Life would be boring if  my friends did not have different beliefs or views on life.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 12:39:42 PM by Goose »

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1766 on: April 15, 2024, 11:41:50 AM »
Lenny

Some of my oldest and best friends have vastly different views on life, activities and hobbies. Even with the different viewpoints we have remained friends for 50+ years. I will add, that aside from several that have taken the cure, they all do enjoy a cocktail. Life would be boring if I my friends did not have beliefs or views on life.

Same here.  That’s why I laugh when someone calls a political party they aren’t a part of, the greatest threat to America
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #1767 on: April 15, 2024, 07:00:50 PM »
Lenny

Some of my oldest and best friends have vastly different views on life, activities and hobbies. Even with the different viewpoints we have remained friends for 50+ years. I will add, that aside from several that have taken the cure, they all do enjoy a cocktail. Life would be boring if  my friends did not have different beliefs or views on life.
“We walk the same path, but got on different shoes…
Live in the same building, but we got different views…”
Lil’ Weezy

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1768 on: April 15, 2024, 07:07:37 PM »
Same here.  That’s why I laugh when someone calls a political party they aren’t a part of, the greatest threat to America

Seriously, I'm down with John Fetterman. Maybe all democrats should have a stroke and undergo therapy, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #1769 on: April 15, 2024, 07:12:23 PM »

Seriously, I'm down with John Fetterman. Maybe all democrats should have a stroke and undergo therapy, hey?
Imaging sitting in front of a computer or iPhone composing this and thinking it was humorous and/or creative then deciding to hit send…

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1770 on: April 15, 2024, 07:27:52 PM »

Done deal

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1771 on: April 15, 2024, 07:46:17 PM »

poor guy forgot what club he's in, but actually kinda refreshing to see an independent thinker

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1772 on: April 15, 2024, 07:57:36 PM »
  poor guy forgot what club he's in, but actually kinda refreshing to see an independent thinker

You think he cheats as much as Scott Drew?

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #1773 on: April 15, 2024, 08:50:14 PM »

Any inside info on potential committee assignments for Senator Fetterman next Congress?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1774 on: April 15, 2024, 08:51:39 PM »
Fashion committee.