[Today at 08:12:51 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Restaurants in Arlington, VA?  (Read 3989 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Restaurants in Arlington, VA?
« on: April 20, 2021, 07:30:03 PM »
I just found out I have to make a quick trip to DC and will be staying near DCA.  Food options near the airport?  Ty.

NextChampionship

• Walk-On
Re: Restaurants in Arlington, VA?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 09:51:00 PM »
Assuming you're staying in Crystal City, I'd recommend Jaleo. It has excellent Spanish tapas and is owned by Jose Andres, a well-known chef in the area.

For a casual option, I'd recommend Kabob Palace. They might have the best food in the DC area, and there's always an interesting mix of cab drivers, office workers, and families there. I haven't been there since the pandemic began, but it's historically been very crowded inside. It might be takeout only right now.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 10:16:58 PM »
Assuming you're staying in Crystal City, I'd recommend Jaleo. It has excellent Spanish tapas and is owned by Jose Andres, a well-known chef in the area.

For a casual option, I'd recommend Kabob Palace. They might have the best food in the DC area, and there's always an interesting mix of cab drivers, office workers, and families there. I haven't been there since the pandemic began, but it's historically been very crowded inside. It might be takeout only right now.

Excellent!  Thank you very much.  I'm a 7 min walk from Jaleo.  There seems to be nice variety of choices in Crystal City.

WarriorHal

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2021, 12:46:35 AM »
There are a bunch of restaurants on 23rd St. @ Richmond Highway -- the area is called Crystal City’s Restaurant Row. Nice variety including the Crystal City Sport's Pub.  https://www.ccsportspub.com/

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2021, 01:21:55 AM »
There is a gay bar in Crystal City that has a great happy hour.

Cheap drinks and appetizers. And while you are enjoying them, you can check out the pink grand piano and the large display of MIB Barbies.
Have some patience, FFS.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2021, 04:34:20 AM »
If it's been asked on here before I refer you to this thread

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=56125.0
Maigh Eo for Sam

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2021, 05:55:32 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions!

reinko

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2021, 07:59:04 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions!

If you are up for a cab/Uber ride, hit up Old Town in Alexandria, lots of great bars and restaurants only about a 10 min ride.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2021, 11:07:24 AM »
If you are up for a cab/Uber ride, hit up Old Town in Alexandria, lots of great bars and restaurants only about a 10 min ride.

Everything is on King Street.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2021, 11:24:58 AM »
Everything is on King Street.

Thanks for that important, yet forgotten detail 😃

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2021, 11:47:46 AM »
Arby's.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2021, 11:57:01 AM »
Awesome!  Ty Reinko and MU fan in Connecticut. 

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2021, 01:58:02 PM »
Muggs,
Since we like to talk about Real Chili, King Street in Alexandria has Hard Times which is a chili restaurant.  My family always makes a stop.
They offer 4 different types and you can sample before ordering.  You can't miss the horse out in front.

King Street starts at the George Washington Masonic Memorial which offers great views of greater DC without even entering the tower.

NextChampionship

• Walk-On
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2021, 04:04:00 PM »
I second Hard Times Cafe for the Cincinnati chili.  Other good options in Old Town Alexandria are Vermillion (fairly upscale) and Virtue Feed and Grain (really good American food in a cool building).

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2021, 04:19:33 PM »
I second Hard Times Cafe for the Cincinnati chili.  Other good options in Old Town Alexandria are Vermillion (fairly upscale) and Virtue Feed and Grain (really good American food in a cool building).

I've eaten at Vermillion.  The Obamas eat there.
Brabo, was good also.  I've eaten at a bunch down by the Torpedo Factory.  There a good cupcake place on King Street. 

We visit DC once or twice a year (2020 excepted) for the last 20+ years and normally stay in Old Town Alexandria, the last two times excepted, where we stayed in Foggy Bottom.   (Kid was touring GWU and there was some other reason the next time.)

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2021, 06:43:44 PM »
Muggs,
Since we like to talk about Real Chili, King Street in Alexandria has Hard Times which is a chili restaurant.  My family always makes a stop.
They offer 4 different types and you can sample before ordering.  You can't miss the horse out in front.

King Street starts at the George Washington Masonic Memorial which offers great views of greater DC without even entering the tower.

Wow......now I have really tough choices in 48 hrs.  I love Ethiopian Food and they have great ones in DC. Whoever invented Injera is a genius.   I will have to figure this out....or stay an extra day!  Tremendous variety near DCA which I didn't realize.  Ty all.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 06:47:26 PM by MuggsyB »

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2021, 06:51:42 PM »
Damn....that Jaleo menu is badass.  Paella is vastly underrated.  :)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2021, 06:53:40 PM »
Muggs,

Ummmm....Ben's

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2021, 07:01:56 PM »
Ummmm....Ben's

I've been to Ben's.  Their half-smoke chili dog is always good.  DC has great eats.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2021, 05:40:33 PM »
If you go to Old Town I highly recommend Taverna Cretekou. Order the exohiko which is sublime.

Death on call

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2021, 05:59:38 PM »
With scant exceptions, Old Town food is pretty mediocre. But it's a cool place to hang and have a drink. Better to duck over to the Eden Center and eat the best Vietnamese outside of Hanoi.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2021, 06:21:23 PM »
With scant exceptions, Old Town food is pretty mediocre. But it's a cool place to hang and have a drink. Better to duck over to the Eden Center and eat the best Vietnamese outside of Hanoi.

I live close to many great Vietnamese, Thai, and Lao Restaurants.  But that said a good Duck Pho can honestly be downed every day.  :)

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2021, 09:43:47 AM »
The best Chinese food in the District is Tony Cheng's on H Street. Order the Crispy Beef with Carrot Strips. It's not on the menu but if you ask they will make it.

Death on call

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2021, 05:18:06 PM »
The best Chinese food in the District is Tony Cheng's on H Street. Order the Crispy Beef with Carrot Strips. It's not on the menu but if you ask they will make it.

Tyvm keefe.  There are some old and underrated Chinese joints in the DC area.  This is extremely difficult....unless I skip the meeting and eat 8 meals in 48 hrs.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2021, 10:56:38 AM »
Tyvm keefe.  There are some old and underrated Chinese joints in the DC area.  This is extremely difficult....unless I skip the meeting and eat 8 meals in 48 hrs.

I am headed to DC for meetings this week. One of our dinners will be at the Old Ebbitt. I give it 5 Stars.

Death on call

feedback