Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Sandy Cohen Commits  (Read 33628 times)

Freeport Warrior

• All American
Re: Sandy Cohen Commits
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2013, 10:11:34 AM »
I don't mean this in the wrong way, but you're lying! RAS 17's lost to DC Assault in the Fab 48 semi's. Had some pretty favorable draws in their bracket, but they had some great games this week. When Lachance and Ellingson are hitting shots they are very tough.
My bad. They were playing them in the final four of tourney, not the 'ship. I must have just saw the top of bracket in my browser and thought that was the final -- the game was to get in the championship. Lost 51-48. DC Assault then won the finals against Deron Williams.

In another tourney in Vegas this weekend -- Adidas 64 -- Looney's Milwaukee Rebels made it to the finals but lost the New Heights NYC 82-75.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2013, 10:49:36 AM »
So....how about that Cohen commitment. Pretty cool huh?*

*Most likely unsuccessful attempt to get thread back on topic
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2013, 10:55:52 AM »
Welcome to Marquette, Sandy! I admire your enthusiasm for our fine school.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

GOO

• All American
« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2013, 10:59:51 AM »
I love this commitment.  A big guard, who may be able to play the 1, 2 or 3.  We've gone from undersized guards to much bigger guards and now some players that are athletic and can shoot it.  Size, athletes, shooting, passing... it looks good.   The inside out game and drive and kick will be back in fashion soon.  Defenders won't be able to sag on our guards (maybe starting this year).

We now have a 2014 and a 2015 top 100 commitment from Wisconsin recruits who are not from Milwaukee.   Buzz has changed things in this State, both in reality and in perception.  I think the Cohen commitment makes that official (at least in my mind).  I get the feeling that Buzz has made some inroads with WI AAU and high-school coaches.

The future is bright.  This is another great step.

And, I like Keefe.  Sometimes he goes to far and the mods should take appropriate action like it appears that they have.  I'd love to have a beer with Keefe, Chico's, whomever from this board. Especially on the left coast.

augoman

• All American
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2013, 11:13:51 AM »
Agree with Goo on all counts..., the diversity of the board's posts is one of it's strengths..., but SO excited by the commitments.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2013, 11:37:57 AM »
Buzz has changed things in this State, both in reality and in perception.  I think the Cohen
The future is bright.  This is another great step.

This is what I am seeing amongst High school students in general.   Marquette is now considered the "Cool" school amongst a lot of the black students and this sense is trickling down amongst white students in suburban areas.   Marquette has "swag" as the student say, conversely "Wisconsin" does not especially in basketball. 
Buzz has changed the perception of basketball, and along with social media and twitter the players from AAU teams in the city are able to connect with AAU players in rural areas.   
Can you even imagine two players from Suburban areas (Seymour, and Sun Prairie) ever saying that Marquette was their dream school?   Probably not.   

Goose

• All American
« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2013, 11:55:11 AM »
Kenosha Warrior

Agreed MU is becoming a cool school for hoops. City players definitely look at MU differently now than even five years ago.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2013, 12:06:30 PM »
This is what I am seeing amongst High school students in general.   Marquette is now considered the "Cool" school amongst a lot of the black students and this sense is trickling down amongst white students in suburban areas.   Marquette has "swag" as the student say, conversely "Wisconsin" does not especially in basketball.  
Buzz has changed the perception of basketball, and along with social media and twitter the players from AAU teams in the city are able to connect with AAU players in rural areas.  
Can you even imagine two players from Suburban areas (Seymour, and Sun Prairie) ever saying that Marquette was their dream school?   Probably not.    

I apologize in advance, if this seems to be a nitpick, but I doubt that people from Seymour and Sun Prairie see themselves as suburbanites.  The fact that MU is getting players from outstate Wisconsin is even more impressive then getting players from the Milwaukee suburbs, especially given how locked down Wisconsin had everywhere in the state except southeast Wisconsin just a short time ago.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2013, 12:08:52 PM »
I apologize in advance, if this seems to be a nitpick, but I doubt that people from Seymour and Sun Prairie see themselves as suburbanites.  The fact that MU is getting players from outstate Wisconsin is even more impressive then getting players from the Milwaukee suburbs, especially given how locked down Wisconsin had everywhere in the state except southeast Wisconsin just a short time ago.

Bo has cooled on Wisconsin players.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2013, 12:08:57 PM »
Sun Prairie is suburban.  Seymour is probably more of a Green bay Exurb

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2013, 12:57:18 PM »
So....how about that Cohen commitment. Pretty cool huh?*

*Most likely unsuccessful attempt to get thread back on topic

Yes.  Very cool.  Another great class shaping up, for sure.  

« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 01:02:26 PM by lab_warrior »

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2013, 01:09:36 PM »
Been in Scoop jail several times myself. 

How's the chow in the scoop bighouse.  I  hear they serve a wicked pepper steak on Thursdays.   ;)

Congrats to Sandy Cohen on becoming a Warrior.  Looking forward to him as a part of our NC team in a few years.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2013, 03:16:05 PM »
Just had a mental picture of 6'5 Cohen at the point, 6'5 JJJ at the 2, 6'4 bull Deonte at the 3, 6'8 STjr, and 6'7 Harris up front.   Talk about switchables.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #88 on: July 29, 2013, 04:27:50 PM »
Just had a mental picture of 6'5 Cohen at the point, 6'5 JJJ at the 2, 6'4 bull Deonte at the 3, 6'8 STjr, and 6'7 Harris up front.   Talk about switchables.   

That's a pretty sexy lineup. No one would know who was at what position!
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2013, 06:20:58 PM »
Wonderful news!  Glad to read about the verbal commit!
Relax. Respect the Process.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2013, 10:25:36 PM »
Sorry Sandy, I'm way late on this, but it's official, you're on the MUScoop scholarship table!

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?page=8

(and a welcome back to the table for Juan Anderson)

feedback