[Today at 01:06:18 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by Hards Alumni
[Today at 09:57:34 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by warriorchick
[May 18, 2024, 07:14:15 PM]

Home and Home with Maryland by WhiteTrash
[May 18, 2024, 01:04:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Cracked Sidewalks] If a team devours another cupcake on Saturday  (Read 1578 times)

CrackedSidewalksSays

If a team devours another cupcake on Saturday

Written by: noreply@blogger.com (Tim Blair (aka NY Warrior))

and the CS bloggers are busy conjuring up holiday cheer with their families --- well, you don't get much coverage of said victory.

Briefly -- MU stomped the IPFW Mastadons 69-50 on Saturday powered by Lazar Hayward's insane double-double of 19 points and 18 boards.  Once again, the Fantastic Four each scored in double figures.  Once again the rest of the roster was largely ineffective, contributing just 16 points (and 12 rebounds) in a combined 95 minutes of action.

With the win MU moves to 8-1 on the season.  Next up is a high-profile out of conference tilt against the eighth-ranked Tennessee Volunteers tomorrow night at a 'neutral' site in Nashville.  Tipoff for tomorrow's game is set for 8:30pm CT.  More on that later.

Finally, congratulations to super-duper CrackedSidewalks contributor Kevin Buckley for being named the Season Ticket Holder of the Game this past Saturday.  Months ago Kevin submitted a dissertation on the science of ticket package assembly to the athletic department, enabling him to beat back a talented field of several thousand Marquette fans to claim this esteemed honor.  Below is a shot of Kevin and his youngest son accepting this major award at the Bradley Center.

http://www.crackedsidewalks.com/2008/12/if-team-devours-another-cupcake-on.html

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
Re: [Cracked Sidewalks] If a team devours another cupcake on Saturday
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 11:05:12 AM »
looking back at the whole Wisconsin game ticket controversy and the viotrol that was cast at the ticket department.  by all accounts and purposes the game was a sell out and there was very little red in the gym far less than normal by most accounts.  Is a mea culp in order?  im not saying im just saying

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 11:48:59 AM »
Sort of.  I exchanged a number of emails with MU about that topic after I posted the "bad idea/5-pack" entry. 

I then posted another commentary that pointed the blame more at season ticket holders, instead of MU, since it was their contention that it's the STHs giving/selling their tickets to UW fans moreso than the UW fans buying 5-packs.

HOWEVER.  I still do not agree that the UW game should be part of a 5-pack.  There are plenty of other good games to package.  No need to give the rodent fans ANY way to buy a ticket to that game.

I think the big reason there were fewer rodents in the stands was because STHs only got 4 tickets, not 10 like 2 years ago.   There certainly were several thousand UW fans in the stands, though, primarily in the upper end-zone, I'm sure a chunk of those were 5-pack seats.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 03:06:57 PM »
i hear you but on a pure marketing and sales dollar end if you can get  5 tickets sold whereby in the past you would have only sold one it's a great idea. 

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 08:26:32 PM »
Not to get back into this argument again, but as a young alum in a crap economy, I am very greatful for 5 packs that include the Madison game

feedback