'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Cracked Sidewalks] Friday Update - getting ready for IPFW  (Read 3472 times)

CrackedSidewalksSays

[Cracked Sidewalks] Friday Update - getting ready for IPFW
« on: December 12, 2008, 11:45:04 AM »
Friday Update - getting ready for IPFW

Written by: noreply@blogger.com (Rob Lowe (aka Henry Sugar))

Hey there... it's been a slow week both here on Cracked Sidewalks and at MUScoop.com.  There's just not a lot going on with the long break between the UW@Madison game and the game tomorrow.  Hope that the students are doing well with their finals and will be ready to let off a little steam.

Good news, though, because the team kicks off with two games in the next four days.  Tomorrow, the team wraps up a three-game homestand with a game against IPFW.  Last year, Marquette won 80-56.  Here is the official announcement from Marquette, complete with game notes, and two podcasts (Buzz and Burke).  Rosiak also chips in with his own blog entry about the game.  Check out the link to see what IPFW actually stands for, as well as some info about IPFW.

In Buzz' podcast and the Rosiak blog, Coach Williams mentions that IPFW just won on the road 63-46 at Valpo, which probably sounds impressive to Marquette fans considering how we needed Dominic James to score the last 18 points of the game for us to barely escape on our last trip.  However, Valpo just isn't that good (#281 Pomeroy), so I am less impressed.  They're playing worse than CMU, UNI, and UWM.  It's not as though IPFW is that good either, although they are the best (#217) of all the cupcakes so far.  We'll have more on the matchups in our IPFW preview tomorrow.

Rosiak also mentions that if you're hoping Joe Fulce and Chris Otule will be back by the Tennessee game, don't count on it.  Buzz doesn't expect either player back until the Presbyterian game (12/28), and even then he expects them to be bad.

Speaking of the Tennessee game, Marquette travels down to the "neutral site of Nashville" next Tuesday as part of the SEC-Big East Invitational.  There will be four games as part of this year's event, with two games on Tuesday in Nashville and two games next Thursday in Cincinnati.  All games will be on either ESPN or ESPN2.  It goes without saying that this is going to be a huge test for Marquette, but I'm sure that the coaching staff won't let the team look past IPFW.

Finally, pay attention to the Season Ticket Holder of the Game for tomorrow's IPFW matchup.  Cracked Sidewalks' own Kevin Buckley will be on the court to receive the honor.  Congrats, Kevin... I guess buying tickets for your friends/family by the gross added up.

http://www.crackedsidewalks.com/2008/12/friday-update-getting-ready-for-ipfw.html
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 02:07:59 PM by spiral97 »

dsfire

• All American
Re: [Cracked Sidewalks] Friday Update - getting ready for IPFW
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 12:40:29 PM »
Are there any plans to expand the Big East/SEC Invitational?  I wasn't even aware that such a thing existed nor that our game vs. Tennessee was part of it until a couple of weeks ago, and I'm not sure that four games really says all that much about the strength of either conference.  Sure seems like a fully flushed conference-vs.-conference battle would be a big draw, though I don't really know how the $$ works out.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 02:31:03 PM »
Yeah, baby.  Out of my way, I'm the Season Ticket Holder of the Game!  Mo Acker is going to hit a 3 for me.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 02:46:45 PM »
Yeah, baby.  Out of my way, I'm the Season Ticket Holder of the Game!  Mo Acker is going to hit a 3 for me.

Get him to do a dunk and then I'll be impressed. ;)

Congrats topper!  Wear your CS shirt on the way out and your MUScoop shirt on the way back  :D
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

Pardner

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 05:07:07 PM »

Three questions:
1)  What was the process that led to your selection?
2)  Will your intro be "Streets"?
3)  Should Frozen A be expecting a "hot" pass?

;)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 06:18:46 PM »
1. I asked the guy who called me (Brian?) if he knew my association to CS/Scoop .. he said he occasionally read CS, but didn't know who I was, and that he picks the STH-OTGs at random, but tries to pick from different sections and get some people from all decades. 

2. Our intro song will be Sunday Bloody Sunday

3. I get one STH-OTG wish, and that means Frozena is starting. 

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 02:42:01 AM »

It is random. You could be a first year season ticket holder or a 54 year season ticket holder.

Pardner

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 06:51:49 AM »
It is random. You could be a first year season ticket holder or a 54 year season ticket holder.

Thanks...but I will try this again as I was being 'fondly sarcastic':  Instead of a  ;) I will use a color:

Go Topper!

Pardner

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 07:09:07 PM »
Nice job, cute family.  The kids were all smiles.  Your baby was soaking up all the face time on the big screen.  All nicely attired in their MU finest. 

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2008, 07:25:59 PM »
Nice job, cute family.  The kids were all smiles.  Your baby was soaking up all the face time on the big screen.  All nicely attired in their MU finest. 

Don't forget that Cracked Sidewalks Basketball t-shirt he was wearing.  Great PR move!

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2008, 07:43:44 PM »
Thanks.  I wasn't sure how the kids would behave, I think the 2 year old was pretty shell shocked, but did some waving nonetheless.   

As for the CrackedSidewalks t-shirt product placement .. well, I learned my lesson: don't bring a cute 6 month old out, or he'll steal the show.

And thanks TT in the Eagle costume for entertaining us on the sidelines.

Hah .. nice picture with STH OTG - Sponsored by Miller Lite - with a 6 month old.  Dang, those breweries are always marketing to underage drinkers.

feedback