[Today at 10:45:35 AM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by zcg2013
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Skatastrophy
[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[May 07, 2024, 06:51:10 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Krystal Ellis: Stud of the Game  (Read 3164 times)

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
Krystal Ellis: Stud of the Game
« on: December 10, 2008, 07:38:15 PM »
She scored 32 points vs. Kansas and brought them to victory, maybe > Jerel??

Ok ok, don't set the hounds on me, Jerel is by far my favorite warrior/eagle.  Overall a GREAT weekend for MU basketball!

Gold star to the 1st person who can find out when was the last game a Male MU bballer scored ≥32 points, and who that player was.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
Re: Krystal Ellis: Stud of the Game
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 07:48:10 PM »
She scored 32 points vs. Kansas and brought them to victory, maybe > Jerel??

Gold star to the 1st person who can find out when was the last game a Male MU bballer scored ≥32 points, and who that player was.

Wade, 1/14/03, MU v Tulane, Wade with 35 points.
Ludum habemus.

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 07:49:55 PM »
idk Sir Lawrence, ... are you sure?    ;)  I can think of a more recent one . . .

Mods, Delete me please. 8/26/2020

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 07:52:35 PM »
novak 40 uconn

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 07:53:59 PM »
Yup, Novak.  I am happy to acknowledge that the 1/3/06 Novak beats the Big East game should be the correct answer.

And it was 41.
Ludum habemus.

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 07:58:35 PM »
Is that your final answer?? good, I concur

41 points by novak in the sweetest landslide victory I have seen on Al McGuire court

Oh... not to cause more controversy BUT.... I think Ellis is going to pwn the tres amigos on the all-time points scored list . . .
barring injury and illness, of course.

She's 5th. and has scored >1700 so far, and only needs 110 more  ;D

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 08:03:21 PM »
94-79 and we were ten point dogs!
Ludum habemus.

gjreda

• Team Captain
  • I miss Real Chili.
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 08:56:13 PM »
Yup, Novak.  I am happy to acknowledge that the 1/3/06 Novak beats the Big East game should be the correct answer.

And it was 41.

I remember (jokingly) telling my friends before the game that if Novak scored 40 we'd win.  I didn't really believe it was going to happen.

Awesome game.  Right up there with "The Shot" against ND.

Muhoops85

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 09:08:59 PM »
Novak's 41 was awesome.

Jerel took over the game on Saturday.

The first 10 minutes of the 1st half, the MU women did not play very well.  Krystal took over the game and even the KU fans saw it, too.  She made several amazing drives to the basket and hit some nba range 3's. Like Jerel, she makes it look effortless.
Class of 1985 & Proud Parents of MU Class of 2007 Graduate

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 10:55:41 PM »

Oh... not to cause more controversy BUT.... I think Ellis is going to pwn the tres amigos on the all-time points scored list . . .
barring injury and illness, of course.

She's 5th. and has scored >1700 so far, and only needs 110 more  ;D

At the Chicago Coaches Luncheon, Coach Mitchell said that Ellis was on a trajectory to finish as the all-time leading scorer at Marquette.  Men and Women.
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 08:44:22 AM »
Krystal fortunately is pro-talent.

Unfortunately, the WNBA might have to fold if this economy hits them hard.
SS Marquette

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2008, 06:20:13 PM »
Ellis is on track to become Marquette's first WNBA player.  Her performance against Kansas tied her own Al McGuire Center scoring record and helped Marquette overcome a horrid day at the line for the team (11 of 26).  An interesting stat from the Kansas game was that Ellis scored 16-straight points between the 1:34 mark in the first half and 17:31 mark the second half to help MU overcome a deficit and gain the lead for good.  She also had a huge game at Northwestern last Tuesday scoring the last 9 points of the game over the last 3:04 of the game to lead MU to a 55-54 win.

It's a big game tomorrow as MU travels to Madison to take on UW who is off to a surprisingly good 9-1 start and that includes a win over then #6 Baylor and handing UWGB their first loss of the season on Wednesday.  Hopefully they can make it a MU sweep over UW this season.

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2008, 05:02:59 PM »
Ellis is on track to become Marquette's first WNBA player.  Her performance against Kansas tied her own Al McGuire Center scoring record and helped Marquette overcome a horrid day at the line for the team (11 of 26).  An interesting stat from the Kansas game was that Ellis scored 16-straight points between the 1:34 mark in the first half and 17:31 mark the second half to help MU overcome a deficit and gain the lead for good.  She also had a huge game at Northwestern last Tuesday scoring the last 9 points of the game over the last 3:04 of the game to lead MU to a 55-54 win.

It's a big game tomorrow as MU travels to Madison to take on UW who is off to a surprisingly good 9-1 start and that includes a win over then #6 Baylor and handing UWGB their first loss of the season on Wednesday.  Hopefully they can make it a MU sweep over UW this season.

Whatever happened to Christina Quaye, I wonder? Wasn't she trying out the Chicago Sky after she graduated?

Also.... we did sweep UW last year . . . and MU women have won 4/5 games against them for the past 5 years . . . it's too bad they lost today :(

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2008, 06:41:55 PM »

Whatever happened to Christina Quaye, I wonder? Wasn't she trying out the Chicago Sky after she graduated?

Also.... we did sweep UW last year . . . and MU women have won 4/5 games against them for the past 5 years . . . it's too bad they lost today :(

Quaye did try out with the Sky and played an exhibition at the Al.  But she was cut before the season started.  I believe she's playing overseas now.  Quaye is the next one that Ellis is set to pass on the all-time leading scorer list.

Today's game was ugly and that doesn't even begin to describe it - it was not a fun one to watch at all.  Hopefully they can bounce back with a win over Oregon on Wednesday.