[May 20, 2024, 11:10:42 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MU82
[May 20, 2024, 10:14:11 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 20, 2024, 03:33:38 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by rocket surgeon
[May 20, 2024, 05:49:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Dear Jeronne...  (Read 10382 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Dear Jeronne...
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2009, 01:53:03 PM »
winsome elegance
refined, cultured, urbane...but
she would not speak french

Certainly not with a mouthful.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2009, 01:56:43 PM »
so much better than a "that's what she said" joke...

his false promises
were not borne out once alone
her anger made clear

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2009, 02:09:31 PM »
I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemies a wild ride with Tim Maymon in the driver's seat.

Not even to Tom Crean?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 06:33:11 PM by jaybilaswho? »
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2009, 02:12:18 PM »
Much like many loyal MUscoopers', I have logged plenty of time on the boards the past few days (too much in my wife's eyes), yet haven't posted on this subject.  With that being said, let me speak my mind.

I personally don't understand why some posters are being polite in their parting comments to Terrell Owens...I mean, Mr. Jeronne Maymon.  This disillusioned, ego driven, overrated, lethargic, uninspired, player...

Maymon was neither lethargic nor was he uninspired.  He was playing well.

MrRivals150

• Scholarship Player
  • MARQ bball, the real bball team of the state
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2009, 02:36:35 PM »
south wayne--you happy that you busted out the Obama censorship on that Tim Maymon link?

just trying to add some substinance to the pile, not meaningless opinions from all over
Clay for Heisman 2010, Buzz for Recruiter of the year

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2009, 02:38:51 PM »
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2009, 02:42:50 PM »
just trying to add some substinance to the pile, not meaningless opinions from all over

Ah Mister Rivals
Your post lacked any substance
Ergo you have failed.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2009, 02:50:50 PM »

What a joke... Your post had no relevance to the situation. Without question, it was the most meaningless thing anybody has posted yet about the whole Maymon saga.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2009, 03:04:40 PM »
south wayne--you happy that you busted out the Obama censorship on that Tim Maymon link?

Thanks for the link. It makes me feel better that my dad only got busted with weed.

MARQKC

• Starter
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2009, 03:05:45 PM »
What a joke... Your post had no relevance to the situation. Without question, it was the most meaningless thing anybody has posted yet about the whole Maymon saga.

In addition, "substinance" is not a word. (Maybe at Notre Dame it is, though.)

« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 03:08:16 PM by MARQKC »

akmarq

• Starter
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2009, 06:06:15 PM »
I think that is a self serving, hind sight is 20/20 type comment...par for the coaurse for Chico.

Would anyone else pay decent money to see Mr. Hayward and Chicos beat each other up with Sockem Boppers?  I'm sure one of the frats could sponsor it...sell beer...we could donate all the proceeds to MU Scoop!

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2009, 06:17:14 PM »
chico and hayward
chrysanthemums on the sea
gambatte masu

akmarq

• Starter
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2009, 06:23:38 PM »
Sorry Warthog...that one was over my head.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2009, 06:36:33 PM »
reference to kamikaze pilots...I speak Japanese

Wade for President

• All American
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2009, 09:44:47 PM »

Maymon was neither lethargic nor was he uninspired.  He was playing well.

He "might" have been improving, but if you think Maymon was playing well, you're crazy.  Never saw him consistently put forth effort in games, and was disappointing to say the least.  He hit that mid-range, free-throw line jumper against UWM, and some were annoiting him as the next Larry Bird. 

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2009, 09:46:34 PM »
He "might" have been improving, but if you think Maymon was playing well, you're crazy.  Never saw him consistently put forth effort in games, and was disappointing to say the least.  He hit that mid-range, free-throw line jumper against UWM, and some were annoiting him as the next Larry Bird. 

perhaps the issue
he was out of position
or so says his dad

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2009, 02:25:29 AM »
Maybe the real reason was Butler's Miley song obsession.
SS Marquette

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2009, 07:54:01 AM »

You are only focusing on one end of the floor.  Against UW, Maymon completely shut down Nankivil and when they rotated him over to play Leuer, he slowed him down tremendously.  And both of these players are inside / outside players so he had to hustle to get it done.  Offensively he played like a guy who has trouble adjusting to the speed of the game, but that is going to come.

Everyone on this board is saying that the Maymons really didn't give it a chance.  That is completely true.  However, the overreaction in the opposite direction is showing that we apparently didn't want to give him a chance either.  IMO if he would have stuck around, he would have become a good 15/10 type of player.

PE8983

• Team Captain
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2009, 09:46:06 AM »
"overreaction and we didn't want to give him a chance"?
What is that all about?  BS.  He was a given a chance, and if everyone didn't think he had a lot of potential and didn't want him here, we wouldn't still be discussing it 3 days after the fact.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2009, 09:55:16 AM »
"overreaction and we didn't want to give him a chance"?
What is that all about?  BS.  He was a given a chance, and if everyone didn't think he had a lot of potential and didn't want him here, we wouldn't still be discussing it 3 days after the fact.

He quits ten games into his freshman season and he is rightfully roasted.  He was not willing to give it more of a chance.

His play isn't up to our expectations ten games into his freshman season, and he is labeled "overrated" and "lazy."  Some on this board were not willing to let his game develop.  Either that or they are acting like jilted lovers who after the fact claim they never really liked the guy.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2009, 10:03:13 AM »

He quits ten games into his freshman season and he is rightfully roasted.  He was not willing to give it more of a chance.

His play isn't up to our expectations ten games into his freshman season, and he is labeled "overrated" and "lazy."  Some on this board were not willing to let his game develop.  Either that or they are acting like jilted lovers who after the fact claim they never really liked the guy.

completely agree.

Lets refer to this as the "Tom Crean Effect"

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2009, 10:10:06 AM »
Some on this board were not willing to let his game develop.  Either that or they are acting like jilted lovers who after the fact claim they never really liked the guy.

Some in the Maymon family were not willing to let his game develop. Either that or they are acting like the kid who takes his football and goes home when he doesn't get to play quarterback.

Seriously, when has anyone here said they were unwilling to let his game develop?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2009, 10:23:59 AM »
Some in the Maymon family were not willing to let his game develop. Either that or they are acting like the kid who takes his football and goes home when he doesn't get to play quarterback.

Seriously, when has anyone here said they were unwilling to let his game develop?

From simply scrolling from the same thread  "If you think Maymon was playing well, you're crazy.  Never saw him consistently put forth effort in games, and was disappointing to say the least. "

From another thread "That's when we thought he (Maymon) was working hard in practice.  But it turns out he's lazy and isn't willing to work fon (sic) his game."

I could find others if you would like...

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2009, 10:25:58 AM »
owned.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2009, 10:33:45 AM »

From simply scrolling from the same thread  "If you think Maymon was playing well, you're crazy.  Never saw him consistently put forth effort in games, and was disappointing to say the least. "

From another thread "That's when we thought he (Maymon) was working hard in practice.  But it turns out he's lazy and isn't willing to work fon (sic) his game."

I could find others if you would like...

Sure.
But this time, find posts where people actually say they're unwilling to let his game develop, as opposed to criticisms of where he was is today.
In fact, one of the posts you cite above also states "he might have been improving". That doesn't sound like someone unwilling to see his game develop, but rather someone who doesn't think much of his game right now.