[Today at 01:20:38 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[Today at 12:27:48 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by Nutty
[Today at 11:20:42 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:37:28 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Season Ticket email...  (Read 5122 times)

muguru

• All American
Season Ticket email...
« on: June 13, 2020, 05:42:02 PM »
I'm sure everyone got their season ticket emails yesterday..but I need someone to explain something to me that understand this better than I do..I think Hilltopper has done a great job of explaining this before, but I don't feel like resurrecting those threads...so here's my question(s) for anyone that wants to chime in..

My priority point rank was HIGHER in 19-20 with 3253 total accounts

Than it is now...as of June 11th(by 227 spots) with FEWER overall accounts..3,077

So my point rank dropped by more spots than there were by the number of fewer accounts. If there are fewer accounts, shouldn't it have gone up at least a bit just by attrition alone?? Or at worst, should it not have dropped an equivalent amount of spots as lost accounts??

I suppose the easy answer is that i was affected by others making donations already?? And that brings me to my next question..is there really a ton of value in making a donation?? I mean I have made donations of varying amounts steadily for the last number of years, and I have been surprised at how little effect it has really had..sure, I have moved up some(not as much as I thought I would), but it hasn't really changed the availability of seats at least in the locations I desire. I have always wondered if there is a certain point total where you're kind of stuck in "no man's land" to where anything over a certain dollar amount really has no tangible effect. But at the same time you are vulnerable to moving down pretty easily and substantially if you don't donate. I guess that is all to say I am about in the middle for overall point rank.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Johnny B

• All American
Re: Season Ticket email...
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 05:58:32 PM »
put the laptop/phone away and go fishing  ;) :)

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2020, 06:06:00 PM »
put the laptop/phone away and go fishing  ;) :)

I don't fish

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2020, 06:20:00 PM »
go watch dora the explorer then

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2020, 06:34:18 PM »
go watch dora the explorer then
I don’t expect that is a show guru would like for some reason

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2020, 07:03:51 PM »
I went up 49 spots. So can’t help you.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2020, 07:05:18 PM »
I went up 49 spots. So can’t help you.

I went up 200. Scoop post quality must be factored into these rankings.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2020, 07:25:20 PM »
i like it cuz its cool

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2020, 08:06:28 PM »
Haha...I would have to agree with this.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2020, 08:43:38 AM »
I didn't even open it.  We aren't buying tickets this year.
Have some patience, FFS.

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2020, 08:50:50 AM »
My priority point rank was HIGHER in 19-20 with 3253 total accounts

Than it is now...as of June 11th(by 227 spots) with FEWER overall accounts..3,077

So my point rank dropped by more spots than there were by the number of fewer accounts. If there are fewer accounts, shouldn't it have gone up at least a bit just by attrition alone?? Or at worst, should it not have dropped an equivalent amount of spots as lost accounts??

Could possibly depend on your seat location.  The better lower bowl seats require a larger B&G donation, so if you're in a seat that doesn't require one (or requires a smaller donation) you might be getting passed up on the priority list.

And that brings me to my next question..is there really a ton of value in making a donation??

Well, you dropped 227 spots on the list, so I guess that there is some value in making a donation.  Depends how important a particular seat location is to you.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2020, 08:59:33 AM »

Covid?  Apathy? 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

muguru

• All American
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2020, 09:33:16 AM »
Could possibly depend on your seat location.  The better lower bowl seats require a larger B&G donation, so if you're in a seat that doesn't require one (or requires a smaller donation) you might be getting passed up on the priority list.

Well, you dropped 227 spots on the list, so I guess that there is some value in making a donation.  Depends how important a particular seat location is to you.

This is what I'm pondering right now...I'm thinking that there MIGHT be a ton of people not renewing this year for various reasons, so I can either let it play out and see if I'm right...or..make a donation and see where that lands me. I don't sit downstairs, and don't really want to...but knowing my luck I won't make a donation and there will be tons of new accounts and donations this year and I will fall even further, that would be typical for me. :)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2020, 10:20:33 AM »
Points are far less relevant with the move to Fiserv -- not to mention COVID.

At the BC, if you wanted to sit downstairs, you needed to pony up for full season tickets.   The Fiserv .. you can have zero points and buy tickets downstairs in the center sections.  5-packs can be purchased downstairs.  Fiserv seats are pretty good everywhere.

TL;DR: Unless you have a burning desire -- and cash -- to be in the center sections, up front and personal .. points are not important. 

muguru

• All American
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2020, 10:42:40 AM »

At the BC, if you wanted to sit downstairs, you needed to pony up for full season tickets.   The Fiserv .. you can have zero points and buy tickets downstairs in the center sections.  5-packs can be purchased downstairs.  Fiserv seats are pretty good everywhere.

TL;DR: Unless you have a burning desire -- and cash -- to be in the center sections, up front and personal .. points are not important.

Yeah but it's not about sitting downstairs for me...that's the problem I'm facing, many people have moved upstairs through the years and they are taking up all the really quality center court uppers. It's kind of annoying TBH. And it seems like every time I donate, no matter how many spots I move up, I never am able to get those seats(at least not the one's I really want). So it's like I'm spinning my wheels. Because ppl that have way more than enough points to be downstairs(in really good spots) are taking the really good uppers instead. Hard to gain any traction via donations that way as it always seems like you will be "blocked" so to speak.

MU62

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2020, 11:08:51 AM »
I believe a lot of us older season ticket holders with good but expensive seats in the lower sections are going to edge back to cheaper less expensive seats because of covid 19. They like me don't want to physically go to the games and also because if the games are cancelled we may get back the price of the ticket but not the substantial mandatory donation we have made.  That is what I plan to do. I hope to be able to physically attend the games in the 2021-2022 season and somewhat maintain where I have been sitting in the past.  .   

As to the question on points from the prior year, my standing went from about 480 to 430.  Also the promise I can keep my current expensive seats from last year. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2020, 11:53:29 AM »

Must bee a Ma and Pa protest, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2020, 05:16:25 PM »

Covid?  Apathy?

Part apathy and part location. We won't be anywhere close during the vast majority of of the season. If the team was in a place where we could be confident of selling all the seats we couldn't use, that might be another story.
Have some patience, FFS.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2020, 05:47:07 PM »
Eye kall furst dibs on yo super free, 6th and Brown street parkin' spot, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2020, 12:42:59 PM »

5 pack with good not great lower bowl seats the last 2 years - 22 - 24 rows up, baseline.  Share 4 tickets with my sister, so if one of us can't go, the other invites friends.  Then, buy lower bowl for a couple of more individual games in the center section.  Has worked great and have not burned any seats.  I have zero points and make a small donation to the Blue Gold fund every couple of years, usually connected with an event that I am attending (like an away game or a coaches lunch).

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2020, 12:54:18 PM »

The foul stench of mediocrity offends even the most rabid.

When a Ma and Pa Kettle pinch their nostrils on so putrid an offering then the Marquette Meisters should sit up and take notice.

Big Mike, repeat after me, "What the f#ck am I getting for so large an investment in Men's Basketball? Just what in the f#ck am I really getting?"

Death on call

muguru

• All American
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2020, 04:24:11 PM »
5 pack with good not great lower bowl seats the last 2 years - 22 - 24 rows up, baseline.  Share 4 tickets with my sister, so if one of us can't go, the other invites friends.  Then, buy lower bowl for a couple of more individual games in the center section.  Has worked great and have not burned any seats.  I have zero points and make a small donation to the Blue Gold fund every couple of years, usually connected with an event that I am attending (like an away game or a coaches lunch).

This is something I am seriously pondering...after all these years of having season tickets, it's become more work going to games than it is fun. My only issue with this is giving up my points, in the event I want to go to an NCAA game or BET some year, I'd lose my priority thru MU to do that.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2020, 07:02:02 PM »
I believe a lot of us older season ticket holders with good but expensive seats in the lower sections are going to edge back to cheaper less expensive seats because of covid 19. They like me don't want to physically go to the games and also because if the games are cancelled we may get back the price of the ticket but not the substantial mandatory donation we have made.  That is what I plan to do. I hope to be able to physically attend the games in the 2021-2022 season and somewhat maintain where I have been sitting in the past.  .   

As to the question on points from the prior year, my standing went from about 480 to 430.  Also the promise I can keep my current expensive seats from last year.
I was planning on not renewing even before Covid hit. Covid is just making it easier to quit. I am generally in the 92nd percentile. For me it just did not seem to be worth driving from Sheboygan, when I can watch it on TV for free. I will no longer have tp worry about snow or parking and will be saving $4,000 a year. The drive was also preventing me from watching the game on TV before or after MU game.