'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by MUDPT
[May 04, 2024, 10:05:13 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by wadesworld
[May 04, 2024, 09:36:37 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[May 04, 2024, 08:28:28 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Nukem2
[May 04, 2024, 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[May 04, 2024, 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 5/28 finally official - Sam to UVA, Joey to MSU  (Read 107394 times)

cheese ball chaser

• All American
Re: Sam to UVA, Joey to MSU
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 11:15:12 PM »
Woah.. I did NOT see that coming. Best of luck to them both.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 11:29:54 PM »
Bear in mind these are sources within Wisconsin. Until I see an announcement that originates with the Hausers, I wouldn't consider it official.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 11:36:17 PM »
This post at Buckyville by ACinMSP is one of the best ever and will be forever saved.

OMG...and some of them believe it.  LOL.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/buckyville/sam-joey-hauser-transferring-from-marquette-t98828-s3700.html
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2019, 11:39:08 PM »
Bear in mind these are sources within Wisconsin. Until I see an announcement that originates with the Hausers, I wouldn't consider it official.

Fair enough.  However, this makes far more sense than either or both going to UW.
It shows both Hausers have enough sense to play for a HOF, National Champion coach, and they care about winning.

Hitching your wagon to Greg Gard and Floppy McNutpuncher never made any sense to me, when there were far better options on the table.

Best of luck to Sam at UVA.  As for Joey, I hope he beats UW a couple time each year, other than that I don't really care.  His bad attitude went a long ways toward MU's collapse down the stretch and cost us a Big East title.  For that I won't look back on his time here as fondly as Sam's.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 12:02:58 AM by 94Warrior »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2019, 11:46:25 PM »

I mean... its published news from a reputable source.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2019, 11:47:31 PM »
This post at Buckyville by ACinMSP is one of the best ever and will be forever saved.

OMG...and some of them believe it.  LOL.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/buckyville/sam-joey-hauser-transferring-from-marquette-t98828-s3700.html

To save you a click, a poster is suggesting that wealthy MU donors paid the hauser family to choose “anybody but Wisconsin.” These wealthy donors felt it better to use their money for this cause (vs spending the money on MU) because the ramifications of the hausers going to Bucky would have basically destroyed our programs reputation for years to come.

Also, I saw on there or 247 that the hold up on “admissions” allowed the hausers time to reconsider their verbal commitment.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2019, 11:52:44 PM »
The Dentists Did It.

:o
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2019, 12:20:49 AM »

To save you a click, a poster is suggesting that wealthy MU donors paid the hauser family to choose “anybody but Wisconsin.” These wealthy donors felt it better to use their money for this cause (vs spending the money on MU) because the ramifications of the hausers going to Bucky would have basically destroyed our programs reputation for years to come.

That's some Hall of Fame level rationalization right there.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2019, 01:31:15 AM »
Have to be honest, this softens the blow. A step up for both of them. Still puzzling about why Sam left if they were going to split up anyway, I think it gives more credence to the narrative that he was as important in the decision as Joey and that’s more damning for Wojo. For him to forgo pro ball by a year and walk away from what could have been a truly special season which would have cemented his place in the pantheon of MU all-timers means he must really have lost all faith in Wojo and his system. I can’t think of any critique that would carry more weight than that.

But best of luck to him. I hope Wojo can rise to the challenge.
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2019, 02:43:39 AM »
Have to be honest, this softens the blow. A step up for both of them. Still puzzling about why Sam left if they were going to split up anyway, I think it gives more credence to the narrative that he was as important in the decision as Joey and that’s more damning for Wojo. For him to forgo pro ball by a year and walk away from what could have been a truly special season which would have cemented his place in the pantheon of MU all-timers means he must really have lost all faith in Wojo and his system. I can’t think of any critique that would carry more weight than that.

They both left because they were both unhappy. The idea that Sam was fine and would return was always fanciful nonsense.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2019, 03:05:10 AM »
They both left because they were both unhappy. The idea that Sam was fine and would return was always fanciful nonsense.

I think this is most likely. I think it seems to make sense when you consider that the first report was that Sam was unhappy then a week later it was Joey who dragged Sam along. Maybe it was both.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Fullodds

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2019, 03:34:37 AM »
So we have boosters to pay players to not go to WI?  Wowser. 

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2019, 05:58:38 AM »

B.S. you mean a step down for both of them leaving Marquette for public schools.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2019, 06:07:01 AM »
I am thinking about playing for UW. Can someone spread the word to these high rollers?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2019, 06:17:30 AM »

There have been some fanciful stories, some terrible commentary and a lot of misinformation since they announced they were transferring but thinking Marquette boosters paid the family not to go to Wisconsin-Madison is next level insane
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2019, 06:45:28 AM »
Fair enough.  However, this makes far more sense than either or both going to UW.
It shows both Hausers have enough sense to play for a HOF, National Champion coach, and they care about winning.

Hitching your wagon to Greg Gard and Floppy McNutpuncher never made any sense to me, when there were far better options on the table.

Best of luck to Sam at UVA.  As for Joey, I hope he beats UW a couple time each year, other than that I don't really care.  His bad attitude went a long ways toward MU's collapse down the stretch and cost us a Big East title.  For that I won't look back on his time here as fondly as Sam's.
Guess they both landed well
Both on elite squads competing for national championships. Meanwhile, MU continues to wallow in limited  if any dance appearances, getting beat by a mid major in the dance. The Hausers saw the action up close and personal, and chose to move on. Meanwhile, many scoopers with their blinders on continue to offer excuses, and criticize them as treasonous turncoats. Sad saga in MU history. Now the page can be turned to the next exciting season under the wonderful wojo. Hopefully he can bring in some guys to replace the loss, although that is one big wish. Now let the soothsayers begin their bashing and excuse making
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2019, 06:46:16 AM »

Scoop has definitely not cornered the market on aholes!

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2019, 06:47:41 AM »

As for Joey, I hope he beats UW a couple time each year, other than that I don't really care.  His bad attitude went a long ways toward MU's collapse down the stretch and cost us a Big East title.  For that I won't look back on his time here as fondly as Sam's.
+1

connie

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2019, 06:57:05 AM »
There have been some fanciful stories, some terrible commentary and a lot of misinformation since they announced they were transferring but thinking Marquette boosters paid the family not to go to Wisconsin-Madison is next level insane
but the perfect continuation  of the saga
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2019, 06:59:27 AM »
Guess they both landed well
Both on elite squads competing for national championships. Meanwhile, MU continues to wallow in limited  if any dance appearances, getting beat by a mid major in the dance. The Hausers saw the action up close and personal, and chose to move on. Meanwhile, many scoopers with their blinders on continue to offer excuses, and criticize them as treasonous turncoats. Sad saga in MU history. Now the page can be turned to the next exciting season under the wonderful wojo. Hopefully he can bring in some guys to replace the loss, although that is one big wish. Now let the soothsayers begin their bashing and excuse making

What would you like scoopers to do?  Have a grape soda

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2019, 07:13:22 AM »
B.S. you mean a step down for both of them leaving Marquette for public schools.
Yes...MSU and UVA are pathetic public institutions...that have contributed little to society. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2019, 07:31:30 AM »
Yes...MSU and UVA are pathetic public institutions...that have contributed little to society.

Well, MSU hasn’t

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2019, 07:44:32 AM »
The rich MSP Marquette alum is obviously Jay Bee.  WTH was he thinking?  This shines a terrible light on Marquette as a whole, but more specifically makes Marquette a laughingstock in college basketball fandom.

Seriously, socializing with a Badger fan?  What were you thinking?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 08:00:10 AM by MUEng92 »

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2019, 07:49:35 AM »
Can't understand Sam changing schools. It doesn't make sense. He is giving up so much. Will have to sit out a year. Play for a far away school for one year. Was Sam that unhappy to make such a dumb and or desperate move?