[May 21, 2024, 11:51:36 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by DoctorV
[May 21, 2024, 11:33:38 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[May 21, 2024, 05:59:48 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[May 21, 2024, 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Halloween hoops  (Read 7520 times)

tower912

• All American
Halloween hoops
« on: October 31, 2021, 12:18:42 PM »
Mark Miller singling out OMP and Kam on twitter.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: Halloween hoops
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2021, 12:31:45 PM »

Bam and Bam.  That bodes well for us.  This team is super young but deep and with a myriad of skill-sets.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2021, 12:33:28 PM »

Kam keeps coming up in a good way.  I like it. 

bananahammock

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2021, 12:34:48 PM »
Team with Lewis, OMP, Mitchell, Jones, Oso and Elliot won by ~20.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 12:38:23 PM by bananahammock »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2021, 12:38:29 PM »
So, the team of Morsell, EE, Kolek, Joplin, Itejere, and Kur lost by 20.   Consistent with what has been seeping out.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 01:28:21 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

bananahammock

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2021, 12:45:35 PM »
So, the team of Morsell, EE, Kolek, Joplin, Itajere, and Kur lost by 20.   Consistent with what has been seeping out.
Itajere didn’t play at all.
Morsell playing bully ball got their team back in it, briefly.
Lewis shot a lot of 3s. Just guessing ~3-10. Hopefully they isolate Lewis and OMP at times from the wide post. I remember Lewis trying but was blocked by Kur from the weak side. OMP had a nice bank shot out of this set. Prosper shot the 3 well. Elliot and Itejere were  the non starters.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 12:48:46 PM by bananahammock »

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2021, 01:01:32 PM »
Based off of this scrimmage, I would say the starters will be:

Kolek
Morsell
Lewis
OMax
Kuath

First off the bench: Kam Jones (He is so smooth and crafty & is going to be a 20 min per game player). Honestly wouldn't be shocked to see him start by EOY so that we can bring OMax off of the bench for size.

Note: Greg looked off. Didn't start on either of the teams and just seemed off. Not sure what is going on there.

Note #2. I really likes how Oso chased down Joplin twice on fast breaks and stuffed him

Note #3: Expect ALOT of alley-oops by Kuath this year. He's going to be a lot for teams to deal with

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2021, 01:15:40 PM »
Team with Lewis, OMP, Mitchell, Jones, Oso and Elliot won by ~20.

Not a good sign if Wojo’s players won
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2021, 01:16:00 PM »
Based off of this scrimmage, I would say the starters will be:

Kolek
Morsell
Lewis
OMax
Kuath

First off the bench: Kam Jones (He is so smooth and crafty & is going to be a 20 min per game player). Honestly wouldn't be shocked to see him start by EOY so that we can bring OMax off of the bench for size.

Note: Greg looked off. Didn't start on either of the teams and just seemed off. Not sure what is going on there.

Note #2. I really likes how Oso chased down Joplin twice on fast breaks and stuffed him

Note #3: Expect ALOT of alley-oops by Kuath this year. He's going to be a lot for teams to deal with

This was my guess for the starters as well but I'm wondering if we can play that frontcourt together.  Do we have enough ball-handling and can they all switch on smalls.  My gut feeling is we will play three guards and maybe start Jones.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2021, 01:20:05 PM »
Not a good sign if Wojo’s players won

If Wojo was coaching them I’d agree.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2021, 01:21:35 PM »
Coach Smart referenced that 11 were ready.   Rumor that Itejere may be a red-shirt candidate.  Coach Smart says EE is erratic, that Morsell needs to get in game condition.

Thanks to all posting their observations.

For all who were there, are you more optimistic or pessimistic after watching? 
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 01:27:55 PM by tower912 »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2021, 01:29:49 PM »
It was closer than the score would indicate. It was like 48-44 with 8ish minutes left. White started hitting every one of their threes and Blue couldn't buy a bucket.

Itejere played for a hot 30 seconds. Seems like an obvious redshirt candidate. Greg came off the bench for White but I think that he is still playing hurt.

Individual defense is really really good. Players can stay in front of their men and pick pockets very well. Team defense has a long way to go. We're not playing havoc but it is extremely aggressive and features a lot of pressure, double teams, and traps. When we get turnovers it is a thing of beauty. But both squads gave up a lot of open threes (White made theirs, Blue didn't). Team needs to get better at their rotations and then it will be a top 50 defensive unit.

We are aggressive on offense as well. Pushing the tempo every time down the court. Multiple guys can get to hoop on their own which is nice but they had trouble finishing. I noticed that a lot of guys went straight at defenders for dunks and layups that had no chance of going down but had a good chance of drawing a foul. There will be some nasty posters made this season. O-Max, Lewis, and Jones were hitting their threes today. Mitchell, Kolek, and Joplin also had threes but weren't hitting as consistently. Ellis and Greg missed all of their attempts IIRC. There were a lot of skip passes, I think our height allows us to do that.

Kur is quickly becoming my favorite player. Dunks on everyone and such a versatile defender.

I doubt that stat sheet would have showed it, but I think Mitchell was the hidden gem of the scrimmage. Made a lot of really good defensive plays had some very nice finds off of drives. Kam looked as good as the rumors have said. Both along with Morsell and Kolek were the ones bring the ball up the floor.

Oso showed some life on offense but is still a work in progress on that end. His defense was very good. Chased down Joplin and stuffed him on two consecutive possessions.

If I had to guess the starting 5 and bench order based on just this scrimmage I would say:

Mitchell
Jones
Morsell
Lewis
Kuath

O-Max
Kolek
Oso
Joplin
Ellis
Elliott
Itejere

Also, for those who were there, TAMU, Mrs. TAMU, and Lil' TAMU were the Ghostbusters in the costume contest  8-)
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2021, 01:33:47 PM »
It was closer than the score would indicate. It was like 48-44 with 8ish minutes left. White started hitting every one of their threes and Blue couldn't buy a bucket.

Itejere played for a hot 30 seconds. Seems like an obvious redshirt candidate. Greg came off the bench for White but I think that he is still playing hurt.

Individual defense is really really good. Players can stay in front of their men and pick pockets very well. Team defense has a long way to go. We're not playing havoc but it is extremely aggressive and features a lot of pressure, double teams, and traps. When we get turnovers it is a thing of beauty. But both squads gave up a lot of open threes (White made theirs, Blue didn't). Team needs to get better at their rotations and then it will be a top 50 defensive unit.

We are aggressive on offense as well. Pushing the tempo every time down the court. Multiple guys can get to hoop on their own which is nice but they had trouble finishing. I noticed that a lot of guys went straight at defenders for dunks and layups that had no chance of going down but had a good chance of drawing a foul. There will be some nasty posters made this season. O-Max, Lewis, and Jones were hitting their threes today. Mitchell, Kolek, and Joplin also had threes but weren't hitting as consistently. Ellis and Greg missed all of their attempts IIRC. There were a lot of skip passes, I think our height allows us to do that.

Kur is quickly becoming my favorite player. Dunks on everyone and such a versatile defender.

I doubt that stat sheet would have showed it, but I think Mitchell was the hidden gem of the scrimmage. Made a lot of really good defensive plays had some very nice finds off of drives. Kam looked as good as the rumors have said. Both along with Morsell and Kolek were the ones bring the ball up the floor.

Oso showed some life on offense but is still a work in progress on that end. His defense was very good. Chased down Joplin and stuffed him on two consecutive possessions.

If I had to guess the starting 5 and bench order based on just this scrimmage I would say:

Mitchell
Jones
Morsell
Lewis
Kuath

O-Max
Kolek
Oso
Joplin
Ellis
Elliott
Itejere

Also, for those who were there, TAMU, Mrs. TAMU, and Lil' TAMU were the Ghostbusters in the costume contest  8-)

Thanks for the detailed breakdown! 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2021, 01:34:12 PM »
One other thing. I felt like the refs were letting them play. I worry that Big East refs won't be that lenient.
TAMU

panda

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2021, 01:42:52 PM »

Mitchell
Jones
Morsell
Lewis
Kuath

O-Max
Kolek
Oso
Joplin
Ellis
Elliott
Itejere

Agree on Mitchell. Probably the least flashy guy on the floor, but has a very calming presence on the ball. Jones and Mitchell are ready to play right now.

This team is much better than the pre season predictions.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2021, 01:48:33 PM »
Agree on Mitchell. Probably the least flashy guy on the floor, but has a very calming presence on the ball. Jones and Mitchell are ready to play right now.

Just piggy backing on Rico.  Wojos recruits ready?  Can’t be.

panda

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2021, 01:57:12 PM »
Just piggy backing on Rico.  Wojos recruits ready?  Can’t be.

Finding talent never was a problem for Wojo.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2021, 02:04:04 PM »
Finding talent never was a problem for Wojo.

Agree Panda.  But some posters have been saying the cupboard would have been bare even if everyone stayed plus the recruits. 

Coaching was the problem. 

panda

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2021, 02:08:05 PM »
Agree Panda.  But some posters have been saying the cupboard would have been bare even if everyone stayed plus the recruits. 

Coaching was the problem.

Talent would be present again, but would surely fall short. Just like every Wojo team each season.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2021, 02:09:03 PM »
Talent would be present again, but would surely fall short. Just like every Wojo team each season.

Correct.  We are on the same page.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2021, 02:30:39 PM »
I really think Kam will be an immediate impact guy. He's that freshman that just looks ready for this level.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2021, 02:55:52 PM »
One other thing. I felt like the refs were letting them play. I worry that Big East refs won't be that lenient.

Agreed.  They beat the sh1t out of each other.

The corner three for the stretch 4 is going to be a focus to open up the lane.  Lewis, Joplin and OMP...OMP has a nice stroke...and couldn't miss today.

I thought Oso did some really good things defensively.  There is a ton of play above the rim...really athletic guys. 

I like what Kur was trying to do...he's aggressive...didn't think he finished all that well...but it's one scrimmage.  He plays like a man.

The overall takeaway for me...they are fast, long, and physical.  Scoring will be a challenge, but I love what I saw.  Damn they played hard.  Nothing came easy. 

Shaka and players all class acts with the kids.  Joplin and Kur came down our isle to thank us for coming and give candy to our kids.  Not necessary...but made my kids day.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2021, 03:52:15 PM »

Mitchell
Jones
Morsell
Lewis
Kuath

O-Max
Kolek
Oso
Joplin
Ellis
Elliott
Itejere

Wow...GE is our 11th guy?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2021, 03:54:05 PM »
He may be.   I keep reading that he is still battling injuries.   

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2021, 04:31:41 PM »
Wow...GE is our 11th guy?

Just based on this scrimmage.  I doubt that's actually the case.  He's definitely still injured
TAMU

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2021, 04:43:17 PM »
Coach Smart referenced that 11 were ready.   Rumor that Itejere may be a red-shirt candidate.  Coach Smart says EE is erratic, that Morsell needs to get in game condition.

Thanks to all posting their observations.

For all who were there, are you more optimistic or pessimistic after watching?

I’m more optimistic honestly. We can throw a lot of different guys out there for different situations. We can go big with Kuath, OMax, Lewis or go 4 guards. Really liked what I saw out of Kam Jones. He’s going to score a lot of buckets at MU.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2021, 04:44:55 PM »
Can Jones attack downhill off the bounce?  We need someone om the perimeter that can make things happen.

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2021, 04:53:22 PM »
I went to the scrimmage more to give me a head start on recognizing the players than to try to do any serious evaluating.

But, the theee guys who stood out for me were Lewis, Prosper, and Jones (who struck me as a very confident and capable scorer).

There are going to be some interesting battles for playing time. I assume that Morsell will be a starter if and when he can get into game shape, but Mitchell looked pretty capable running the point on the other team.

Kuath will be a nice rim protector.

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2021, 04:55:09 PM »
Can Jones attack downhill off the bounce?  We need someone om the perimeter that can make things happen.

Absolutely. And he’s a crafty passer. Thinking about a fast break in transition with the ball in hand and Kolek going to the wing while Kuath is running the court….

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2021, 05:04:52 PM »
Best costumes?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2021, 05:09:57 PM »
Absolutely. And he’s a crafty passer. Thinking about a fast break in transition with the ball in hand and Kolek going to the wing while Kuath is running the court….

That's excellent news because he also has size.  I expect a learning curve for the Frosh but if he's an immediate impact guy I really think the needle will be moved more quickly than anticipated.  I'm eager to see Kuath in game action.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2021, 05:52:48 PM »

Mitchell
Jones
Morsell
Lewis
Kuath

O-Max
Kolek
Oso
Joplin
Ellis
Elliott
Itejere

Thank You for this excellent analysis . Glad you participated in the festivities as well.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2021, 05:57:47 PM »
Any video footage of the scrimmage besides short clips?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2021, 07:44:36 PM »

Wow, no sh!t? We were the Al McGuire/Buzz Lightyear/Baby Yoda family. I stood next to you and had no idea.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Farls

• Walk-On
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2021, 07:52:02 PM »

[/quote

You guys had the best costume.  Lil’ TAMU as the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man was priceless.
“Roland was a warrior” -Warren Zevon

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2021, 08:09:27 PM »
I went to the scrimmage more to give me a head start on recognizing the players than to try to do any serious evaluating.

But, the theee guys who stood out for me were Lewis, Prosper, and Jones (who struck me as a very confident and capable scorer).

There are going to be some interesting battles for playing time. I assume that Morsell will be a starter if and when he can get into game shape, but Mitchell looked pretty capable running the point on the other team.

Kuath will be a nice rim protector.
Shaka plans on using a lot of players. Playing time may be more determined by how much a player fouls.
Freshmen always seem to get called for a lot of fouls.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 10:49:50 AM by bilsu »

Viper

• All American
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2021, 09:07:05 PM »
12/04 @ RED. Just win, baby!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2021, 12:16:57 AM »
Re Elliott's injuries that have been mentioned multiple times ...

Are these new injuries, or the same ones he's been trying to recover from for years?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2021, 06:08:00 AM »
Do we have the personnel to play a little havoc/press?  I always worry about playing 10 guys major mins  because it can disrupt rhythm.  But maybe I'm overthinking this....I dunno.  What most excites me is that while it will take some time, I do believe we will establish ourselves defensively.  Once we do it will lead to a tremendous resurgence for MU hoops.  We need to be patient but it will happen.  The years of complete ineptitude are over.

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2021, 06:12:01 AM »

One of the questions I had after watching the scrimmage is if the team has anyone who is quick enough to break down another teams guard and get into the lane and it's hard to tell when you are going against your own teammates. 

- I thought Stevie Mitchell did a good job and he keeps the dribble low and finds his way into the lane and isn't afraid to take some body to do it. 

- Tyler Kolek isn't going to blow by anyone and will use his passing ability to work in the offense.  May be better at Marquette playing off the ball with his shooting ability.  He attempted a three pointer from the corner yesterday where it looked like he shot the ball by starting his shooting motion before he got the ball like he was attempting a buzzer beating shot.  Rimmed out the shot and the attempt was pretty amazing to me. 

- Kam Jones is a guy who can really handle the ball with a guy right on him and is shifty enough with his dribble and change of direction to make things happen.  Could see him playing the point a lot right away.

- Darryl Morsell hadn't played the point in his 4 years at Maryland, but did a decent job handling the ball.  Muscles his way into the lane.  I see him playing off the ball most of the time if he isn't getting MU into the offense and of course, his defense is on another level.

- Emarion Ellis is a guy people aren't talking much about or when they are, they are saying he isn't going to play much.  Ellis led the blue team with 6 assists and is a natural passer either in the halfcourt or on the break.  He made some passes yesterday that showed me that he has above average vision and his passing ability seems natural.  He's the youngest player on the team just turning 18 late summer, so watch for his progress during the non-conference season.  Can handle the ball and get into the lane.  Uses his length and ball handling ability to slither into the lane.

Not sure how this team will do record wise, but am excited to watch it evolve.   
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2021, 09:27:40 AM »

Not that it means much at this point I find it interesting that 3 of the 5 players TAMU believes will start are WOJO recruits. I guess will find out soon what kind of team we have.

panda

• All American
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2021, 09:32:21 AM »
Not that it means much at this point I find it interesting that 3 of the 5 players TAMU believes will start are WOJO recruits. I guess will find out soon what kind of team we have.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, identifying talent and recruiting was never Wojo’s issue.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2021, 09:35:56 AM »
After all this analysis on the players, do you think this team will have a winning record in the Big East?

panda

• All American
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2021, 09:38:24 AM »
After all this analysis on the players, do you think this team will have a winning record in the Big East?

Yes - there is enough talent and experience on the team to accomplish that.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2021, 09:44:32 AM »
I am more optimistic than I was.   I now have an idea about likely rotations.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2021, 09:46:53 AM »

No

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2021, 10:01:27 AM »

Still doubtful. I know this is a simplistic approach but list who you think the top 5 teams will be. If its Nova, UCONN, and - in no particular order - St. John's, Xavier and Seton Hall, how many wins for Marquette in these 10 games? I think there may be only two and they would probably come from the "gang of three". Even if you counter balance this with sweeps over DePaul and Georgetown, this scenario still has us at 6-8 before factoring the remaining games. Okay, now for a CYA. No one here knows. I think we are all guessing on a greater scale than ever before. 

Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

panda

• All American
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2021, 10:13:45 AM »
Still doubtful. I know this is a simplistic approach but list who you think the top 5 teams will be. If its Nova, UCONN, and - in no particular order - St. John's, Xavier and Seton Hall, how many wins for Marquette in these 10 games? I think there may be only two and they would probably come from the "gang of three". Even if you counter balance this with sweeps over DePaul and Georgetown, this scenario still has us at 6-8 before factoring the remaining games. Okay, now for a CYA. No one here knows. I think we are all guessing on a greater scale than ever before.

All of those teams are beatable.

Xavier is the cream of the crop this season IMO.

Nova may struggle this year (relative to their usual dominance).

UConn really struggled to score without Bouknight last year. They’re retiring the same team sans Bouknight. We’ll see.

SJU is going to be a fun team and I think they’ll be really tough. Champaigne is the best player in the conference IMO and Posh is so unique. Transfers should play a big role. Two quality A10 guys. Can they make the step up? If so, they’ll challenge Xavier at the top.

SHU is a top 3 team as well. Deep and super big inside. Kadary Richmond was vastly under utilized at Cuse last year. Along with returning talent, he can take this team to another level.

Sorry long winded answer, but I feel we can steal games from Nova and UConn for sure. SJU and SHU will be very tough and I don’t see us beating Xavier.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2021, 10:23:09 AM »

UConn really struggled to score without Bouknight last year. They’re retiring the same team sans Bouknight. We’ll see.

SJU is going to be a fun team and I think they’ll be really tough. Champaigne is the best player in the conference IMO and Posh is so unique. Transfers should play a big role. Two quality A10 guys. Can they make the step up? If so, they’ll challenge Xavier at the top.

SHU is a top 3 team as well. Deep and super big inside. Kadary Richmond was vastly under utilized at Cuse last year. Along with returning talent, he can take this team to another level.

Sorry long winded answer, but I feel we can steal games from Nova and UConn for sure. SJU and SHU will be very tough and I don’t see us beating Xavier.

Thanks for a great reply. Not saying I'm in agreement but this is what I was looking for- optimists laying out a scenario for a winning record in the BE.

I should have added that my guess on the remaining six games (from my post) is 3-3, bringing us to 9-11, and that's as optimistic as I am willing to be.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 10:29:50 AM by Scoop Snoop »
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

panda

• All American
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2021, 10:34:59 AM »
Thanks for a great reply. Not saying I'm in agreement but this is what I was looking for- optimists laying out a scenario for a winning record in the BE.

I should have added that my guess on the remaining six games (from my post) is 3-3, bringing us to 9-11, and that's as optimistic as I am willing to be.

No problem, I just don’t see world beaters at the top of the conference this year. A few really good teams, but not a pre season lock top 10 type.

zcg2013

• Team Captain
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2021, 10:54:01 AM »

FWIW, Rothstein tweeted out that Freemantle is out indefinitely with a foot injury. There's a chance he's not playing our first game vs Xavier, which IMO betters our chances.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2021, 10:59:05 AM »
'Tis the time of the season for sunshine pumping.

However, MU is projected to lose every game in December. And a few in November. All the P6 games. Those teams will be sleeping on MU. Steal half of those and MU will be sitting pretty. Lose them, Scoop will be missing our transfers and ex-coach.

panda

• All American
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2021, 11:01:13 AM »

However, MU is projected to lose every game in December. And a few in November. All the P6 games. Those teams will be sleeping on MU. Steal half of those and MU will be sitting pretty. Lose them, Scoop will be missing our transfers and ex-coach.

Who would ever pine for Wojo?

panda

• All American
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2021, 11:03:46 AM »
FWIW, Rothstein tweeted out that Freemantle is out indefinitely with a foot injury. There's a chance he's not playing our first game vs Xavier, which IMO betters our chances.

I missed that thanks. That’s too bad for them. Nunge will be able to step in right away. He spelled Garza last year and played very well in a spot role. We’ll see if that translates to similar production with more minutes played.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2021, 11:06:53 AM »

It’s entirely likely we have our first thread started blaring Shaka by this time next month

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2021, 11:07:50 AM »
Who would ever pine for Wojo?

I liked how simple Wojo's offense was.

"Get Howard the ball, let him do whatever"
 and
"Get Ellenson the ball, let him do whatever"
and
"Get Carlino the ball, let him do whatever"

Really easy for me to analyze. "Man, X's shots just aren't falling today. What are you gonna do?"

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2021, 11:21:47 AM »

Wow, no sh!t? We were the Al McGuire/Buzz Lightyear/Baby Yoda family. I stood next to you and had no idea.

The MBB FB page has a picture of the two of you (and your kids).
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2021, 12:03:17 PM »

Why do you think Nova will struggle?

panda

• All American
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2021, 12:45:57 PM »

Gillespie is coming off major knee surgery and JRE left for the NBA. Jermaine Samuels and Justin Moore are both very good players but beyond those two, there are a ton of question marks. Depth could become an issue for them.

I still think they’re a top 4 team in the conference. Just not the clear cut top dog.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2021, 01:21:35 PM »

I’m never ready to count out Nova but I think the clear reason for why someone may count them out is JRE.

It was pretty night and day when he was in the game vs on the bench last year.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2021, 08:21:07 PM »

No kidding? That's too funny. You and the microbrews were all looking sharp!
TAMU

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2021, 08:24:54 PM »
You guys had the best costume.  Lil’ TAMU as the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man was priceless.

Appreciate it! I carry no grudges against the winner though. You really can't cheer against the little girl in the homemade Iggy costume at Haunted Hoops.
TAMU

tower912

• All American
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2021, 01:18:34 PM »