[Today at 06:35:06 AM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by DoctorV
[May 21, 2024, 11:33:38 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[May 21, 2024, 05:59:48 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[May 21, 2024, 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Mr. Dodds Excellent Interview with Coach Smart  (Read 6810 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Mr. Dodds Excellent Interview with Coach Smart
« on: October 03, 2021, 10:23:22 AM »
Mr. Dodds asks some solid questions. Among other things, I like Shaka's consistent emphasis on conditioning.

https://247sports.com/college/marquette/Article/Shaka-Smart-QA-after-Madness-172257122/
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

panda

• All American
Re: Mr. Dodds Excellent Interview with Coach Smart
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2021, 11:43:36 AM »
Come for the Jewish slur in the first paragraph, stay for the softball questions !

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2021, 12:38:30 PM »
Typo, I am sure.   But well played nonetheless.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

panda

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2021, 01:15:26 PM »
Typo, I am sure.   But well played nonetheless.

He does promote a lot of neo conservative rhetoric on his board so it doesn’t surprise me.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2021, 01:31:45 PM »
He does promote a lot of neo conservative rhetoric on his board so it doesn’t surprise me.

If the shoe fits.....

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2021, 06:59:43 PM »
Love how Dodds just took the press conference answers and put his own name on them like he got an exclusive.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2021, 07:00:51 PM »
Love how Dodds just took the press conference answers and put his own name on them like he got an exclusive.

LOL, seriously?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2021, 07:09:34 PM »
LOL, seriously?

Yes, Ben Steele's article features some of the exact same quotes.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2021, 07:13:37 PM »

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2021, 09:06:03 PM »
Yep….not the first time he’s pulled this act either.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2021, 09:44:52 PM »
Always good to have multiple platforms of  MU Coverage
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2021, 09:48:15 PM »
To be fair, several were his questions as he uses the DOS lead in for those.  But, get what you are saying.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2021, 09:45:08 AM »
Do people actually a) read this man's garbage and b) pay for it?

NolongerWarriors

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2021, 12:14:16 PM »
Not a huge fan of Dodds (though he is a very nice guy in person) but why go to his board to harass him over a typo?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2021, 12:27:21 PM »
OK, so I actually went to Dodds' site for the first time in months. 

brew simply posts this:  "Just stopped in to share two thoughts...first, I doubt Shaka used the anti-semetic slur attributed to him. Second, how does 247's platform not flag that word? Definitely need to edit this before keeping it active."

This was literally Dodds' response.  I mean holy sh*t!

"It was typo....I was very tired after a tough week at work....and going to the Al on Friday night.. were you offended or did you want to be offended? Or is it just convenient to take a pot shot? At 10pm Sunday night....the first time I had notice of the typo....I corrected it...I hope all is now well in the world.

By the way...I have typed transcripts here for 20+ yrs....I did not realize that people had problems with it... I attended a Shaka presser after the Madness drills were done....who was there asking questions?

I stood next to Ben Steele, a camera man from Ch 58....and a student from MU TV or the Trib....there were about 10 questions directed to Shaka....I listened intently at first....so as to not interfere with Ben the Journal reporter....his job puts food on the table for his family.. I try not to interrupt his questions or flow....since he probably has an idea for his story or stories this week...I learned that courtesy working for newspapers at Brewers games 1979-86....and at Packer games working with Bob McGinn for 25 yrs...and Drew Olson....Gary Van Sickle.....Cliff Chrystl....BTW....we are lucky to have Ben covering the team...

The press conference was about to end...when I extended it by asking 2 questions for Shaka...which I indicated by using "DOS"......so I transcribed the quotes...they were not all put in the Journal...I dont think there was another source that had the full transcript....so I published it...

I dont think I deserved the Congressional Medal of Honor for the work....but I dont think I asked for one either...

I have done this here for 20+ yrs...a transcript of Shaka is the best way to read him in an unfiltered way....without me filtering or commenting about it.... it is also quicker and I did not have a lot of time this weekend...I was tired on Fri night...hence the typo...and on Sat...my 89 yr old mom and here 89 yr old bestie from New England...going to their HS reunion events...with their 'walkers'...so our family was busy on Sat.... and on Sunday...I worked the Packer game with a local broadcaster....

If this site is a problem for some ...that is too bad... I guess I am an acquired taste.... I was happy to receive some appreciative feedback from people at Madness ...this site is a labor of love for me...but it is a hobby...I have been a quasi member of the media for 40+ yrs....covering over 1500 GB, Brewers, Bucks, MU games....I have had tremendous access to events, coaches, players, administrators, front office people.....and I try to pass this perspective on whenever I can. Most appreciate the anecdotes....but I also sense....some do not.....usually if they are not able to Google the stories to check the authenticity...that mindset is always a classic for me...

If some anonymous poster or posters does/do not like what I do....I can live with that...in fact, they should not come to the site if the info is perceived to be worthless....but this transcript....???? it is an opportunity to hear from Shaka...and some may not have 8 min to listen to the audio interview ...so I typed Shaka's comments..

When I get to know more about Shaka and his philosophies...and the MU players....I will have more in depth analysis...and take more time to put this season into historical perspective...for me that is what makes this site unique...historical perspective and trying to learn from the coaches and players themselves...

But if a typo...made you think that Shaka and /or I had some type of prejudice? Are you for real...or is this agenda driven? I have been doing this for 22 yrs....and if you dont know me by now....or my reputation.....that a typo with a bad reference was truly not my intention....perhaps that is on you?"
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Boone

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2021, 12:45:57 PM »
If Dodds wasn’t a stupid, mean spirited prick he’d have no personality at all

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2021, 01:23:45 PM »
If Dodds wasn’t stupid, mean spirited prick in a blender he’d have no personality at all

Fixed it for you
Maigh Eo for Sam

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2021, 01:23:50 PM »
I only went over there to suggest he fix an obvious typo, admittedly a little tongue in cheek, and got that response. Which I still haven't read, but holy crap. Just crazy stuff.

panda

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2021, 01:41:06 PM »

brew simply posts this:  "Just stopped in to share two thoughts...first, I doubt Shaka used the anti-semetic slur attributed to him. Second, how does 247's platform not flag that word? Definitely need to edit this before keeping it active."

"It was typo....I was very tired after a tough week at work....and going to the Al on Friday night.. were you offended or did you want to be offended? Or is it just convenient to take a pot shot? At 10pm Sunday night....the first time I had notice of the typo....I corrected it...I hope all is now well in the world.

By the way...I have typed transcripts here for 20+ yrs....I did not realize that people had problems with it... I attended a Shaka presser after the Madness drills were done....who was there asking questions?

I stood next to Ben Steele, a camera man from Ch 58....and a student from MU TV or the Trib....there were about 10 questions directed to Shaka....I listened intently at first....so as to not interfere with Ben the Journal reporter....his job puts food on the table for his family.. I try not to interrupt his questions or flow....since he probably has an idea for his story or stories this week...I learned that courtesy working for newspapers at Brewers games 1979-86....and at Packer games working with Bob McGinn for 25 yrs...and Drew Olson....Gary Van Sickle.....Cliff Chrystl....BTW....we are lucky to have Ben covering the team...

The press conference was about to end...when I extended it by asking 2 questions for Shaka...which I indicated by using "DOS"......so I transcribed the quotes...they were not all put in the Journal...I dont think there was another source that had the full transcript....so I published it...

I dont think I deserved the Congressional Medal of Honor for the work....but I dont think I asked for one either...

I have done this here for 20+ yrs...a transcript of Shaka is the best way to read him in an unfiltered way....without me filtering or commenting about it.... it is also quicker and I did not have a lot of time this weekend...I was tired on Fri night...hence the typo...and on Sat...my 89 yr old mom and here 89 yr old bestie from New England...going to their HS reunion events...with their 'walkers'...so our family was busy on Sat.... and on Sunday...I worked the Packer game with a local broadcaster....

If this site is a problem for some ...that is too bad... I guess I am an acquired taste.... I was happy to receive some appreciative feedback from people at Madness ...this site is a labor of love for me...but it is a hobby...I have been a quasi member of the media for 40+ yrs....covering over 1500 GB, Brewers, Bucks, MU games....I have had tremendous access to events, coaches, players, administrators, front office people.....and I try to pass this perspective on whenever I can. Most appreciate the anecdotes....but I also sense....some do not.....usually if they are not able to Google the stories to check the authenticity...that mindset is always a classic for me...

If some anonymous poster or posters does/do not like what I do....I can live with that...in fact, they should not come to the site if the info is perceived to be worthless....but this transcript....???? it is an opportunity to hear from Shaka...and some may not have 8 min to listen to the audio interview ...so I typed Shaka's comments..

When I get to know more about Shaka and his philosophies...and the MU players....I will have more in depth analysis...and take more time to put this season into historical perspective...for me that is what makes this site unique...historical perspective and trying to learn from the coaches and players themselves...

But if a typo...made you think that Shaka and /or I had some type of prejudice? Are you for real...or is this agenda driven? I have been doing this for 22 yrs....and if you dont know me by now....or my reputation.....that a typo with a bad reference was truly not my intention....perhaps that is on you?"

“Ben’s job puts food on the table for his family.”

Hang on Lemme steal some of his quotes, attribute myself and put it on my free site instead of people paying for a JS subscription.

He really is something !

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2021, 01:42:14 PM »
Methinks Dodds doth protest too much.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2021, 01:48:16 PM »
Dodds sucks
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2021, 08:50:42 PM »
I only went over there to suggest he fix an obvious typo, admittedly a little tongue in cheek, and got that response. Which I still haven't read, but holy crap. Just crazy stuff.

Dodds is a clown.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2021, 09:37:16 PM »

I missed this.  Wow....just wow. 

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2021, 11:15:10 PM »

I got TIRED just reading it ! ! !  8-)

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2021, 05:04:25 AM »
Finally read that. Dodds is basically the guy who always googles himself or searches his name on Twitter. Most of his article is responding to things that were said here. He's looking for a reason to write that long diatribe so he can play the victim.

If you're going to put your stuff out publicly, you need to have thick enough skin to let some criticisms roll off. He clearly never learned that, because his skin is thinner than charred parchment paper.

But I guess if nothing else, this is pretty strong evidence that I live in a free top floor four bedroom condo in his head.

feedback