[Today at 06:46:15 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[May 05, 2024, 10:02:26 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: SENIORS  (Read 4355 times)

Clam Crowder

• All American
SENIORS
« on: November 21, 2017, 02:44:30 PM »
We have 1-They had alot. That's what happens. That being said we hung in there til the under 4 TO. A little bit of hero ball from Rowsey today and someone else has to take some shots-Especially Sam with 5 today.

Love the idea of Froling coming in, Love the idea of Morrow and Joey with this team next year. Got my blue and gold glasses on today

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
Re: SENIORS
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 02:46:29 PM »
We have 1-They had alot. That's what happens. That being said we hung in there til the under 4 TO. A little bit of hero ball from Rowsey today and someone else has to take some shots-Especially Sam with 5 today.

Love the idea of Froling coming in, Love the idea of Morrow and Joey with this team next year. Got my blue and gold glasses on today

Rebounding and defending the post/basket will be much improved next year.  Still going to be a fun team to watch this season.

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 03:00:36 PM »

The offense will have to change next year, to guard oriented.  Morrow will be more of a post up player, Joey offensively can put the ball on the floor.  The one main difference is they will have depth.  They really do not have much right now, frosh become sophomores, plus everybody back but Rowsey.  Bailey might come into play
more than people think.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 03:08:53 PM »
Another wee bee bedder next year thread. Same song different band, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 03:13:49 PM »

Was there anyone last year who said we'd be better this year? I think everyone said similar team, maybe a step back before being better in 2018

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 03:45:29 PM »

No, your the bed wetter.  They do not have the bodies this year to compete with the likes of WSU and Purdue.  Still fun team to watch.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 05:15:40 PM »
The offense will have to change next year, to guard oriented.  Morrow will be more of a post up player, Joey offensively can put the ball on the floor.  The one main difference is they will have depth.  They really do not have much right now, frosh become sophomores, plus everybody back but Rowsey.  Bailey might come into play
more than people think.

Wait, you think the offense is not guard oriented right now? The offense that just had 75% of its scoring come from the 2 smallest guys on the court? The offense whose big men have scored a total of 14 points (guessing) so far this season? What the heck are you talking about?

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 06:16:04 PM »
I don’t think DC knows the difference between to, too and two.

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 08:33:42 AM »
I still think we could be good this year but our weakness is quite clear down low against teams like Purdue and Wichita State. It will be clear again against Happ, Spellman, etc....Wojo has addressed weaknesses well with recruiting classes if you don't agree with that IDK what planet you are on.

I love Markus and Rowsey but other guys need shots. We get on Haanif for getting blocked 2 times a game but the guy took what 6 shots all game yesterday? Need a 3rd option, maybe a 4th to show itself otherwise good luck to Markus and Andrew getting open looks with how teams will scout us.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2017, 08:48:31 AM »
I still think we could be good this year but our weakness is quite clear down low against teams like Purdue and Wichita State. It will be clear again against Happ, Spellman, etc....Wojo has addressed weaknesses well with recruiting classes if you don't agree with that IDK what planet you are on.

I love Markus and Rowsey but other guys need shots. We get on Haanif for getting blocked 2 times a game but the guy took what 6 shots all game yesterday? Need a 3rd option, maybe a 4th to show itself otherwise good luck to Markus and Andrew getting open looks with how teams will scout us.

3rd option is Sam Hauser.  He just can't get three quick fouls.  Ruins a lot of what we do on offense, plus he is arguably our best all around player.

Otherwise, I totally agree with you.  We will get abused down low, but that should slowly correct over the season and into next year.  This year we will be a lot like last year.  We can beat a lot of teams if we are hot from 3, but if we aren't it gets ugly fast.

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2017, 08:52:06 AM »
I don’t think DC knows the difference between to, too and two.

Two I think I know, the others, bad education at Shorewood.

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2017, 08:54:12 AM »
The offense will have to change next year, to guard oriented. 

I feel the exact opposite is true.  Next year we will be lopsided toward front court players.  We'll have 2 experienced upper classman centers, a red shirt and Morrow a guy who is mostly a low post player.  They'll be such a log jam in the front court with Joey and Bailey coming in to add to Cain that I think they may try Sam at the 2 in order to put their best players on the court the highest % of the time.  The weakness next year will be guard, particularly point guard.  Next year's team really needs a Grad Transfer PG.  If anything the staff has over corrected by getting too many front court players.  College is still a guards game.

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2017, 08:54:37 AM »
3rd option is Sam Hauser.  He just can't get three quick fouls.  Ruins a lot of what we do on offense, plus he is arguably our best all around player.

Otherwise, I totally agree with you.  We will get abused down low, but that should slowly correct over the season and into next year.  This year we will be a lot like last year.  We can beat a lot of teams if we are hot from 3, but if we aren't it gets ugly fast.

The 2 guards need to think the next pass.  They think right now every shot is a good shot and that is not the case.  Rowsey on the fastbreak is thinking one thing,
I need to score.  Pass it.  As the year goes, he does not change that attitude, he will have some upset teammates.

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2017, 08:58:22 AM »
I feel the exact opposite is true.  Next year we will be lopsided toward front court players.  We'll have 2 experienced upper classman centers, a red shirt and Morrow a guy who is mostly a low post player.  They'll be such a log jam in the front court with Joey and Bailey coming in to add to Cain that I think they may try Sam at the 2 in order to put their best players on the court the highest % of the time.  The weakness next year will be guard, particularly point guard.  Next year's team really needs a Grad Transfer PG.  If anything the staff has over corrected by getting too many front court players.  College is still a guards game.

Not guard oreinted.  Mistake, the real ballers new what I was saying.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2017, 09:00:05 AM »
The 2 guards need to think the next pass.  They think right now every shot is a good shot and that is not the case.  Rowsey on the fastbreak is thinking one thing,
I need to score.  Pass it.  As the year goes, he does not change that attitude, he will have some upset teammates.

100% agree.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2017, 09:05:55 AM »
I agree on Sam. As Brew has said, our priority next year should be a grad transfer PG (and next years team will have a lot to offer that guy),  and a frosh PG. Frosh can learn a year and step in as a Soph—again with a lot to offer.

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2017, 09:11:32 AM »
Two I think I know, the others, bad education at Shorewood.

Chuckled at both sides of this dialog.  +2!
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2017, 09:18:45 AM »
Not guard oreinted.  Mistake, the real ballers new what I was saying.
. Don’t you mean reel ballers?

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2017, 09:27:46 AM »
Speaking of Seniors...Duane had 22 & 6 last night.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2017, 09:29:39 AM »
so they won't be better next year?

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2017, 09:36:22 AM »
. Don’t you mean reel ballers?

Guess I have to (correct) go to the dictionary to figure this all out!

TheyWereCones

• Starter
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2017, 01:09:24 AM »
I agree on Sam. As Brew has said, our priority next year should be a grad transfer PG (and next years team will have a lot to offer that guy),  and a frosh PG. Frosh can learn a year and step in as a Soph—again with a lot to offer.

What two players are leaving to make that happen?  I get that players transfer all the time, but as I look up & down the current roster, I don’t see any obvious transfer candidates (and don’t really want any...I like our current guys), whereas in other years it was much easier to pick out some likely possibilities.
Those could have been guests at her wedding.

GE911

• Walk-On
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2017, 08:10:29 AM »
more than people think.

But who are our shooters other than Howard? Right now the Rowsey, Howard combo helps spread the floor. Next year they will just focus on Rowsey.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2017, 08:28:59 AM »

You understand that all 13 scholarships are taken for '18-'19, yes?  Now if one slot opens up I agree that adding a PG is a good idea.  Otherwise next year is Markus and Elliott with maybe a little Haani.

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2017, 08:32:53 AM »
But who are our shooters other than Howard? Right now the Rowsey, Howard combo helps spread the floor. Next year they will just focus on Rowsey.

Next year it will only be Howard, Rowsey is a senior.  Hauser, Joey, Bailey wll be the main shooters, possibly Froling.   They will have to run a different offense next
year.  More down low, more physical, better D.  Cain and Elliott will have to improve there outside game.   Really need a grad point but not sure who would be leaving.
History shows that somebody will leave,  but with only 9 players this year, they will all get time, the following year with 13 might be different.  Definitely a dilemma,
Elliott will have to grow to become a point guard or Cheatham.  Not a great situation.

feedback