'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Is the defense worse than last year?  (Read 6432 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: Is the defense worse than last year?
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2017, 04:28:46 PM »
That said, I think Sam and Matt have also been very good. TAMU might be able to give a better breakdown on a defensive ppp basis, but those three have been the ones that stood out most at times.

Not a ton of possessions for guys yet, but on a ppp basis per Synergy... only a few guys grade out better than average...

Greg - 0.52, 88% percentile
Haani - 0.73, 64%
Matt 0.76, 60%
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2017, 04:30:58 PM »
Or some of us understand there’s more that goes into a basketball game than looking at the score column of a box score.

Not sure anybody is confusing Elliott for a current star. But maybe?

The last time I checked, you don't win games by getting more blocks or assists than the other team. Points are sort of important in basketball.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2017, 04:38:08 PM »
Or some of us understand there’s more that goes into a basketball game than looking at the score column of a box score.

Yep, maybe we need a SOTS  (Stud of the Stats)
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2017, 04:50:51 PM »
The last time I checked, you don't win games by getting more blocks or assists than the other team. Points are sort of important in basketball.

And the last time I checked it's not a shooting contest.  It takes more than simply shooting the ball to score the ball.

Glad we figured out that your opinion is the high scorer for each game should be named the SOTG.  Complete lack of understanding of what goes into a basketball game, but at least we know where you're coming from.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2017, 05:09:04 PM »
And the last time I checked it's not a shooting contest.  It takes more than simply shooting the ball to score the ball.

Glad we figured out that your opinion is the high scorer for each game should be named the SOTG.  Complete lack of understanding of what goes into a basketball game, but at least we know where you're coming from.

At the end of the day, my whole stance is that we are more likely to lose the game without Rowseys 30 points, 5 assists and 3 rebounds than we are without Anims 12 points and 1 assist. And let's not forget that Rowsey had to draw a ton of fouls to shoot 16 FTs. That's significant too. But sure, discount all that because he had a few TOs late in the first half.

I think our views of basketball and what makes a quality outing are significantly different. You want a Rudy kind of guy, and I'm fine with acknowledging that the best player on the floor is the best player on the floor. 30 and 5 is a huge game, and you're not impressed because of a few bad minutes. Think about that.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2017, 05:52:00 PM »
At the end of the day, my whole stance is that we are more likely to lose the game without Rowseys 30 points, 5 assists and 3 rebounds than we are without Anims 12 points and 1 assist. And let's not forget that Rowsey had to draw a ton of fouls to shoot 16 FTs. That's significant too. But sure, discount all that because he had a few TOs late in the first half.

I think our views of basketball and what makes a quality outing are significantly different. You want a Rudy kind of guy, and I'm fine with acknowledging that the best player on the floor is the best player on the floor. 30 and 5 is a huge game, and you're not impressed because of a few bad minutes. Think about that.

Let's just say it like it is.  Sacar played great.  Huge contributor to our win.  So did Rowsey.