collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 318270 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #2400 on: November 20, 2020, 07:30:24 AM »
  thank you uncle!  national "leaders" and "leaders" of our health organizations and the associated "experts" included.  untreated medical issues due to either being postponed or from people scared out of their minds to go near a hospital or out of the house for that matter.  children missing out on the social aspect of gathering in person.  parents last minute scrambling to find day care or skipping work altogether.  child abuse, spousal abuse, drug abuse, relapse and overdoses.  lost time at schools leading to falling behind in educational growth, athletic participation and future opportunity at higher levels

sully-unless you were trolling, i would have expected that you being aligned with our "higher" educational
process, would be familiar or attuned to some, if not all of these critical issues.  i probably left some out

the teachers that do not feel safe should not be forced to go to work. likewise, they should also not be paid.  that money should go to the parents to offset their costs in assuming most of the role of teaching and child care arrangements.  school portions of our property taxes should be adjusted.  all building of school associated buildings should be halted immediately. tax vouchers should be immediately made available to attend the schools of their choices that parents would otherwise have to pay out of pocket for

You're right, rocket. No leadership.

If your emperor (and his COVID-denying enablers in Wisconsin and elsewhere) had put 1/50th the effort into taking on the coronavirus as he currently is in trying to subvert democracy, America would be the envy of the world.

Ironically, if he had done that, he wouldn't have to try desperate, ridiculous attempts to overturn the will of the American people because he would have been re-elected easily.

Instead, he sent Jared out on April 29 to declare victory over COVID-19 before declaring, "It affects virtually nobody." I guess that means your emperor is nobody, because it ended up affecting him significantly.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #2401 on: November 23, 2020, 02:50:25 PM »
4 days of declining cases in a row!!  Is it the quiet before the storm after thanksgiving?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2402 on: November 23, 2020, 02:54:31 PM »
4 days of declining cases in a row!!  Is it the quiet before the storm after thanksgiving?

Yes.  After a quiet weekend, the grocery stores are jam packed today with cranky, clueless old people
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2403 on: November 23, 2020, 02:55:35 PM »

Maybe people are paying attention to what's going on.  That would be my hope.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2404 on: November 23, 2020, 03:19:32 PM »
Anyone understand Wisconsin's Covid death reporting process well enough to explain the 'weekend dip' in reported deaths on Sundays and Mondays?

Last Sunday and Monday there were 12 deaths each day...followed by 92, 52, 83, 78 and 51. This Sunday and today there were 0 and 6.

I get why reported cases are lower - the less extensive testing on the weekends. But since most of the deaths likely occur in hospitals that operate and report 24/7, it seems peculiar that reported deaths would be dramatically lower on the weekends too....

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #2405 on: November 23, 2020, 04:03:49 PM »
Anyone understand Wisconsin's Covid death reporting process well enough to explain the 'weekend dip' in reported deaths on Sundays and Mondays?

Last Sunday and Monday there were 12 deaths each day...followed by 92, 52, 83, 78 and 51. This Sunday and today there were 0 and 6.

I get why reported cases are lower - the less extensive testing on the weekends. But since most of the deaths likely occur in hospitals that operate and report 24/7, it seems peculiar that reported deaths would be dramatically lower on the weekends too....

I can't speak directly for WI, but I know in other states similar situations arose based on variations in coroner reporting on weekends. Where some counties do not have coroner reports submitted on the weekend. In those cases, the official "death" was being reported on the date the coroner report was submitted, not the date of the actual death, leading to decreases on weekends and inflated counts on Tuesday and Wednesday as they worked through a backlog.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2406 on: November 23, 2020, 04:09:19 PM »
I can't speak directly for WI, but I know in other states similar situations arose based on variations in coroner reporting on weekends. Where some counties do not have coroner reports submitted on the weekend. In those cases, the official "death" was being reported on the date the coroner report was submitted, not the date of the actual death, leading to decreases on weekends and inflated counts on Tuesday and Wednesday as they worked through a backlog.

Thanks. That makes sense.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #2407 on: November 23, 2020, 09:13:56 PM »
Yeah, it isn't just Wisconsin, look at the daily death charts here and you will see there is a consistent two day dip every week nationwide. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2408 on: November 24, 2020, 01:49:40 PM »

Today's count seems to validate that theory.

Reported Deaths in WI:

Sunday: 0
Monday: 6
Today: 104  :(

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2409 on: November 29, 2020, 09:19:45 PM »
According to the WI DHS website, only 9,511 tests were conducted yesterday, with 3,831 positives.

Have they basically given up on finding most of the positives?

North Dakota - with less than 1/6th the population of WI - reported more tests yesterday. Here in MN, almost 100,000 tests were reported  yesterday...ten times the number conducted in WI.

Someone is dropping the ball, and cases are going to slip through the cracks....

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2410 on: November 29, 2020, 09:37:39 PM »
According to the WI DHS website, only 9,511 tests were conducted yesterday, with 3,831 positives.

Have they basically given up on finding most of the positives?

North Dakota - with less than 1/6th the population of WI - reported more tests yesterday. Here in MN, almost 100,000 tests were reported  yesterday...ten times the number conducted in WI.

Someone is dropping the ball, and cases are going to slip through the cracks....

Holiday weekend.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2411 on: November 29, 2020, 09:46:41 PM »
Holiday weekend.

I sure hope the weekend gap apples only to reporting, and not the actual testing.  The virus doesn’t take weekends off.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2412 on: November 29, 2020, 09:53:01 PM »

I sure hope the weekend gap apples only to reporting, and not the actual testing.  The virus doesn’t take weekends off.

I’m sure symptomatic testing still was taking place.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2413 on: December 02, 2020, 06:16:04 PM »
42-year-old first responder dies of COVID-19.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/national/article247548510.html?ac_cid=DM335870&ac_bid=-1263979306

A 15-year veteran of a Wisconsin fire department died of COVID-19 after she was exposed in the line of duty, her sister says.

Capt. Kelly Raether, 42, joined the Ixonia Fire Department in 2005 as an EMT before ascending the ranks to captain of emergency medical services, the department said.

Ixonia Fire Chief Dave Schilling said he and Raether were tending to a patient in an ambulance in November who tested positive for the virus, WLWT reported. Schilling said he and his other partner were fine, but Raether “ended up testing positive.”

A few days later, she was hospitalized, he told the outlet. Her condition continued to worsen.

“(I) talked to her on the phone quite a bit, a lot of text messaging back and forth,” Schilling said, according to WLWT. “She was absolutely convinced that she was going to go into the hospital, get straightened out, and come back out again and go about her normal life again.”

On Nov. 27, the department announced Raether had died from complications due to COVID-19.

“As a department, we mourn Kelly’s loss deeply, and extend our thoughts and prayers to the Raether family in their time of need,” the department said, adding, “Rest in peace sister, we’ll take it from here.”

Schilling called Raether a “dedicated individual” who was deeply involved at the fire department, the Journal Sentinel reported.

She was a registered nurse with a passion for teaching, serving as a lecturer in nursing at Carroll University.

She was also working toward her doctorate to become an emergency room nurse practitioner, Kari Raether told the Journal Sentinel.

“She wanted to help more people in an ER setting,” Kari Raether said. “She just started that this semester.”

Raether previously earned her master’s of science in nursing, with a specialization in education from Walden University.

“I got into teaching to share my passion for nursing and education with others,” she wrote on her Carroll University faculty page. “ I love learning from the students as much as I hope they love learning from me.”

Dr. Teri Kaul, chair of nursing at Carroll University, said Raether had just gotten started.

“Her career as a nurse educator and leader in nursing had just begun,” Kaul said, the Journal Sentinel reported. “Nursing is a calling to serve others, which Kelly always did with honor and grace.”

Schilling said Raether’s passing is considered a line-of-duty death, WLWT reported.

“(Her) locker will remain empty. I’m not gonna replace (her),” he said. “No one is going to be going into that locker.”

Ixonia is roughly 35 miles west of Milwaukee.

Wisconsin has logged more than 391,000 cases of COVID-19 since the onset of the pandemic and more than 3,400 deaths, according to data from the state health department.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #2414 on: December 02, 2020, 06:31:44 PM »
I shouldn't be shocked by this but yet I kind of am - I have so many issues with the Assembly Republicans proposed Covid-19 Legislation:

https://www.wpr.org/assembly-gops-covid-19-plan-would-send-teachers-back-school-state-workers-back-offices

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2415 on: December 02, 2020, 06:50:16 PM »
I shouldn't be shocked by this but yet I kind of am - I have so many issues with the Assembly Republicans proposed Covid-19 Legislation:

https://www.wpr.org/assembly-gops-covid-19-plan-would-send-teachers-back-school-state-workers-back-offices

Yup. For those wondering why Evers won't deal with the legislature, this article says it all.

Bravo to Evers for not caving.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #2416 on: December 02, 2020, 07:04:58 PM »
Yup. For those wondering why Evers won't deal with the legislature, this article says it all.

Bravo to Evers for not caving.

I focused on the school part first which would surely mean no more virtual option for our District as there's no way 2/3 of our school board would vote to continue virtual :(.  And my kids aren't virtual right now but I think that option should be offered and I think they need to be able to switch some schools to virtual when case numbers get high. 

But then I started reading everything else in there too and getting more and more upset...

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #2417 on: December 03, 2020, 01:00:22 PM »
Testing this week in WI has yet to surpass 10K.  Positivity rate still in high 30's.  Feels like the state is about to explode.   
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #2418 on: December 03, 2020, 01:09:37 PM »
Testing this week in WI has yet to surpass 10K.  Positivity rate still in high 30's.  Feels like the state is about to explode.   

The total tests have been around 19k per day, with a 7 day average of about 13% positive. The state reports the people tested, which do not account for individuals getting tested multiple times.

https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/data.htm

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2419 on: December 03, 2020, 01:14:55 PM »

Yep - I have mentioned Wisconsin's deficient testing here before, and it just boggles my mind. Neighboring states are testing FAR more. MN (similar population) is averaging about 50K tests per day; IL (about double WI population) about 100K per day; even ND (about 1/5th WI population) is just over 10K tests per day. Per capita, all three of those states are reporting about 5 TIMES as many tests daily.

And even if you take out people tested more than once, they are still below 20K tests per day...way too few.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #2420 on: December 03, 2020, 01:15:56 PM »
The total tests have been around 19k per day, with a 7 day average of about 13% positive. The state reports the people tested, which do not account for individuals getting tested multiple times.

Thanks for the clarification.  I was going off of tests by person.  Even with the data you cite, there has been a pretty sizable downturn in testing.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #2421 on: December 03, 2020, 02:06:12 PM »
Yep - I have mentioned Wisconsin's deficient testing here before, and it just boggles my mind. Neighboring states are testing FAR more. MN (similar population) is averaging about 50K tests per day; IL (about double WI population) about 100K per day; even ND (about 1/5th WI population) is just over 10K tests per day. Per capita, all three of those states are reporting about 5 TIMES as many tests daily.

And even if you take out people tested more than once, they are still below 20K tests per day...way too few.

What’s the reason behind that you think?

There’s obviously plenty of tests to be had if you want one.  Any chance we’re on the back end of our surge and there just isn’t that many symptomatic people looking to get a test or is there something else you think is going on?

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #2422 on: December 03, 2020, 02:12:37 PM »

Overall testing is of course important in identifying where the hot spots are in hopes of stomping those out as soon as possible.  But I think we all agree hospitalizations are the most important metric.  Knock on wood those numbers have been trending in the right direction for a bit.

https://www.wha.org/Covid-19Update

Hopefully the worst is behind us in America’s Dairyland.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2423 on: December 03, 2020, 02:25:53 PM »
Overall testing is of course important in identifying where the hot spots are in hopes of stomping those out as soon as possible.  But I think we all agree hospitalizations are the most important metric.  Knock on wood those numbers have been trending in the right direction for a bit.

https://www.wha.org/Covid-19Update

Hopefully the worst is behind us in America’s Dairyland.

Yooooo puff puff give.  I want some of what you're smoking, bro

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #2424 on: December 03, 2020, 03:10:11 PM »
Yooooo puff puff give.  I want some of what you're smoking, bro

It’s puff puff pass....bro

I’m just posting Wisconsin Hospital Association numbers and trends.  How does that warrant such a weird response?