collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 318299 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #2375 on: November 19, 2020, 11:09:23 AM »
The biggest difference is that I don't expect, nor do I want, government to make decisions for me. Every governmental mandate has political overtones to it. I'm fully capable of making my own decisions, hey?

So I agree with you, ideally a government isn't making the decisions for you. You made the responsible choice so it's easy to say you don't need a mandate. But if one of your patients came in maskless coughing like crazy and said they don't believe in this coronavirus hoax and made a big deal about their rights in your office, would you turn them away for not complying with your office rules? If so are you not essentially the same as the government enforcement except in a microcosm? You're protecting yourself and your employees from a threat, on a larger scale the government is trying to do the same (only replace employees with citizens)
Maigh Eo for Sam

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2376 on: November 19, 2020, 11:49:31 AM »

Glad you axed. Yes, I have spent countless hours and dollars with the purpose of keeping my patients and staff safe. Staff and patients have temps taken. COVID question for is filled out and sign. Merv 17 air filtration units have been installed in the office. Social distancing is observed, proper wearing of masks are mandatory which includes covering both the nose and mouth. One time disposables are utilized along with face shields for those with direct patient contact. I wear an N95 mask and face shield all day. Iodine mouth rinses, which has been shown to kill viruses are required of patients prior to all intraoral procedures.
I feel perfectly safe in my office and patients have remarked that they do also, hey?

same her doc, except iodine...yuck!  people hate us enough but very effective nonetheless.  we use a peroxide based rinse.  also heard sometime back that listerine is very good so i stocked up on that before the shelves got bare. 

note that the "hypers" missed this part of your statement-then it opens
      "Don't misunderstand, I am not advocating that illness and death are to be taken lightly or are insignificant."

the collateral damage from this china virus is the other part of the equation our "leaders" do not want to deal with...right now anyway.  the death and destruction will be greater than we can account for post covid
don't...don't don't don't don't

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2377 on: November 19, 2020, 11:49:52 AM »
My patients have all received, via blast emails, what they can expect from me and my office. Likewise, the emails also include  what I, in turn, expect from them.
In the example you gave, my reply would be, "I require a properly worn mask at all times while in my office, except when you are directly receiving care. This is for the safety of all of us. And, if you choose not to properly wear a mask, I will require you to leave."
I am not a branch of government. I am a private business and my responsibility and duty is to create and maintain a comfortable and safe environment for all patients, staff, and myself, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2378 on: November 19, 2020, 11:58:38 AM »
the collateral damage from this china virus is the other part of the equation our "leaders" do not want to deal with...right now anyway.  the death and destruction will be greater than we can account for post covid

Like what?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2379 on: November 19, 2020, 12:07:36 PM »

Like what?

I assume “leaders” in quotes is a shot at the “leaders” in charge of Wisconsin?  If so, I agree with Rocket.  The state legislature has ignored the long-term economic and mental health represcussions but what can you do?  It’s personal responsibility
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #2380 on: November 19, 2020, 12:14:05 PM »
The biggest difference is that I don't expect, nor do I want, government to make decisions for me. Every governmental mandate has political overtones to it. I'm fully capable of making my own decisions, hey?

Do you apply this to:

Drunken Driving
Marijuana
Abortions
Having Car Insurance
Wearing Clothes in public

etc, etc. or just when it politically expedient for you?

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #2381 on: November 19, 2020, 12:15:01 PM »
Do you apply this to:

Drunken Driving
Marijuana
Abortions
Having Car Insurance
Wearing Clothes in public

etc, etc. or just when it politically expedient for you?

Handicap spots seem to be a big item for 4ever

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2382 on: November 19, 2020, 12:15:25 PM »
same her doc, except iodine...yuck!  people hate us enough but very effective nonetheless.  we use a peroxide based rinse.  also heard sometime back that listerine is very good so i stocked up on that before the shelves got bare. 

note that the "hypers" missed this part of your statement-then it opens
      "Don't misunderstand, I am not advocating that illness and death are to be taken lightly or are insignificant."

"china virus"  LOL 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2383 on: November 19, 2020, 12:22:04 PM »

Congratulations and thank you for agreeing with what other have been saying all along.     
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #2384 on: November 19, 2020, 12:22:26 PM »
  also heard sometime back that listerine is very good so i stocked up on that before the shelves got bare. 

must have heard it from the greatone, do you tape your ankles too lol

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2385 on: November 19, 2020, 12:24:53 PM »
must have heard it from the greatone, do you tape your ankles too lol

Great reference that only people who have been here a loonnnnnnngggggg time, or on Dodd's board for a long time, will get.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #2386 on: November 19, 2020, 12:33:49 PM »

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #2387 on: November 19, 2020, 12:34:37 PM »

Great reference that only people who have been here a loonnnnnnngggggg time, or on Dodd's board for a long time, will get.

I can't believe we've now been doing "this" (Ahoya / Dodds / Scoop) for 20+ years.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2388 on: November 19, 2020, 12:35:21 PM »

Yeah, we've been internet losers for a long, long time.  Lol.

Hand squeezers too...

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #2389 on: November 19, 2020, 12:41:08 PM »
My patients have all received, via blast emails, what they can expect from me and my office. Likewise, the emails also include  what I, in turn, expect from them.
In the example you gave, my reply would be, "I require a properly worn mask at all times while in my office, except when you are directly receiving care. This is for the safety of all of us. And, if you choose not to properly wear a mask, I will require you to leave."
I am not a branch of government. I am a private business and my responsibility and duty is to create and maintain a comfortable and safe environment for all patients, staff, and myself, hey?

I get, agree with, and respect your objective "to create and maintain a comfortable and safe environment for all patients, staff and myself". I think that in times of crisis, the government has to have the same view of all its citizens. The USA is their business, the citizens are their patients, staff and selves and the mandate is their email saying what's expected in other to defeat the virus. Unfortunately, some businesses fundamentally are not going to be places that work with those guidelines (indoor bars, concerts, etc) faster and stricter everyone abides by the rules the faster they can work
Maigh Eo for Sam

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2390 on: November 19, 2020, 02:04:53 PM »
Sometimes the government needs to tell people what to do for the good of society.  Since society has shown that it cannot act responsibly during a pandemic, rules should be put in place.

Bingo! The actions of noncompliant people are directly affecting the lives of compliant people, so it is completely appropriate for government to step in.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #2391 on: November 19, 2020, 02:22:28 PM »
Small government has turned into "I want to do what I want, whenever I want without facing the consequences for my actions. Even if it is others who will be facing those consequences." I'm all for being left alone but if I am hucking eggs for fun into the side of someone's house, they probably have a right to get mad at me.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #2392 on: November 19, 2020, 02:24:37 PM »
For years I have heard people say they want government to be run like a business. So if a business can require masks, then the government should be able to as well, as the welfare of the people is its business. And as stated, it has already been shown that many people left on their own will not act responsibly.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2393 on: November 19, 2020, 02:45:11 PM »
Going forward, going to need to be more specific about what kind of business and what kind of businessman.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #2394 on: November 19, 2020, 04:09:20 PM »
No kidding.
I have never actually subscribed to that theory. Government and business are two separate things

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2395 on: November 19, 2020, 04:18:57 PM »
No kidding.
I have never actually subscribed to that theory. Government and business are two separate things

Yep.

The goal of a business is to make money, plain and simple. Businesses that look out for the welfare of their employees do it mainly because they recognize employee well-being as beneficial to the company.

The goal of a (non-totalitarian) government is to serve the needs of its citizens. Period. Sometimes that means giving the citizens the freedom to do as they choose...but sometimes the needs of the citizens require restrictions to protect them from each other, in the name of the greater good.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 04:20:51 PM by GooooMarquette »

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2396 on: November 20, 2020, 06:43:09 AM »
I assume “leaders” in quotes is a shot at the “leaders” in charge of Wisconsin?  If so, I agree with Rocket.  The state legislature has ignored the long-term economic and mental health represcussions but what can you do?  It’s personal responsibility

thank you uncle!  national "leaders" and "leaders" of our health organizations and the associated "experts" included.  untreated medical issues due to either being postponed or from people scared out of their minds to go near a hospital or out of the house for that matter.  children missing out on the social aspect of gathering in person.  parents last minute scrambling to find day care or skipping work altogether.  child abuse, spousal abuse, drug abuse, relapse and overdoses.  lost time at schools leading to falling behind in educational growth, athletic participation and future opportunity at higher levels

sully-unless you were trolling, i would have expected that you being aligned with our "higher" educational
process, would be familiar or attuned to some, if not all of these critical issues.  i probably left some out

the teachers that do not feel safe should not be forced to go to work. likewise, they should also not be paid.  that money should go to the parents to offset their costs in assuming most of the role of teaching and child care arrangements.  school portions of our property taxes should be adjusted.  all building of school associated buildings should be halted immediately. tax vouchers should be immediately made available to attend the schools of their choices that parents would otherwise have to pay out of pocket for
don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2397 on: November 20, 2020, 06:47:18 AM »
  thank you uncle!  national "leaders" and "leaders" of our health organizations and the associated "experts" included.  untreated medical issues due to either being postponed or from people scared out of their minds to go near a hospital or out of the house for that matter.  children missing out on the social aspect of gathering in person.  parents last minute scrambling to find day care or skipping work altogether.  child abuse, spousal abuse, drug abuse, relapse and overdoses.  lost time at schools leading to falling behind in educational growth, athletic participation and future opportunity at higher levels

sully-unless you were trolling, i would have expected that you being aligned with our "higher" educational
process, would be familiar or attuned to some, if not all of these critical issues.  i probably left some out

the teachers that do not feel safe should not be forced to go to work. likewise, they should also not be paid.  that money should go to the parents to offset their costs in assuming most of the role of teaching and child care arrangements.  school portions of our property taxes should be adjusted.  all building of school associated buildings should be halted immediately. tax vouchers should be immediately made available to attend the schools of their choices that parents would otherwise have to pay out of pocket for

Yup, the failure of the Wisconsin legislature to tackle these problems is appalling

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2398 on: November 20, 2020, 06:52:15 AM »
Congrats, Cheezland!

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2399 on: November 20, 2020, 06:57:43 AM »
Congrats, Cheezland!

With deer hunting and Turkey day right around the corner, I’m confident we can pass the Dakotas.  We’re Big Ten country, baby