collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 318170 times)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #2300 on: November 08, 2020, 06:58:21 PM »
I'm definitely in gallows-humor mode for COVID.

I mean, like today's 4,280 cases.  We had 7,000+ yesterday for crying out loud.   

Slackers.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2301 on: November 09, 2020, 06:29:14 AM »
The Revolution starts at Evergreen.

This checks out. One of their rangers was wearing a piece during a charity outing two years ago.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #2302 on: November 10, 2020, 06:43:25 PM »
I'd been hearing rumors that Evers was going to order all schools in the State to go virtual.  Well that was very off base.  His order only advises people to do things and I can't see it changing anyone's behavior unfortunately.

Here's the order:

https://content.govdelivery.com/attachments/WIGOV/2020/11/10/file_attachments/1598467/EO094-COVIDRecommendations.pdf

Now I go back to being really stressed about our School Board meeting tomorrow and what they're going to do about the secondary school schedule going forward.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2303 on: November 11, 2020, 09:07:18 AM »
I'd been hearing rumors that Evers was going to order all schools in the State to go virtual.  Well that was very off base.  His order only advises people to do things and I can't see it changing anyone's behavior unfortunately.

Here's the order:

https://content.govdelivery.com/attachments/WIGOV/2020/11/10/file_attachments/1598467/EO094-COVIDRecommendations.pdf

Now I go back to being really stressed about our School Board meeting tomorrow and what they're going to do about the secondary school schedule going forward.

Your district isnt offering a virtual only option, if schools open back up?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2304 on: November 11, 2020, 07:22:18 PM »

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #2305 on: November 11, 2020, 07:57:03 PM »
https://twitter.com/AnaCabrera/status/1326636912803803139?s=19

I'm sorry, but things need to be shut down when hospitals are full (WI), and/or when you are telling nurses with COVID that they have to show up for work (ND) because there is a shortage of medical care.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2306 on: November 11, 2020, 09:01:13 PM »
I'm sorry, but things need to be shut down when hospitals are full (WI), and/or when you are telling nurses with COVID that they have to show up for work (ND) because there is a shortage of medical care.

I agree. And unfortunately the whole upper Midwest is closing in on North Dakota and Wisconsin’s numbers.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #2307 on: November 11, 2020, 10:37:11 PM »
Your district isnt offering a virtual only option, if schools open back up?

They opened up 5 days a week face to face for Elementary schools (or virtual or eachieve academy) but only offered hybrid (2 days a week half the students in school) for secondary students or eachieve academy for secondary students.  I did not want eachieve for my middle school child.  Hybrid was working great but then the administration decided to go 4 days a week face to face for secondary students with only live streaming for a virtual option.  The numbers have soared since they made this bad decisison to change the schedule.  My middle school child's school just went virtual for two weeks today due to high Covid numbers.

Thankfully the board voted tonight to go back to their old hybrid cohort schedule tonight - that was working much better and the Covd numbers were so much better then.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2308 on: November 12, 2020, 08:52:44 AM »

I just read that in some parts of Wisconsin nursing homes have such a shortage of nurses and nursing assistants that they might have to bring in residents' family members to be trained to do some of the work.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #2309 on: November 12, 2020, 08:58:10 AM »
Not a Covid shortage, but my neighbor’s mom lives in assisted living/ nursing home on the far north side of Chicago. It changed hands from a religious owner to secular. They have gotten rid of the full-time housekeepers, so families can do various  chores themselves or hire someone. They were already doing her laundry.
How that’s going to work during Covid is beyond me.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2310 on: November 12, 2020, 11:24:07 AM »
I just read that in some parts of Wisconsin nursing homes have such a shortage of nurses and nursing assistants that they might have to bring in residents' family members to be trained to do some of the work.

Thankless job, low pay, low budgets, dealing with difficult people and generally gross situations (to me at least).

Wonder why there is a shortage.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2311 on: November 12, 2020, 11:34:39 AM »
Thankless job, low pay, low budgets, dealing with difficult people and generally gross situations (to me at least).

My 94-year-old father-in-law is in an assisted living facility here in Charlotte. Through mid-October, they had not had a single case of COVID-19 -- not patients, not staff, nobody. A patient did get infected late last month but it was discovered quickly and she was isolated. Everybody else was promptly tested and all came back negative.

It's a pretty impressive record, and my wife is quite pleased overall with the level of care her dad has gotten these last 4 years.

But yes, I totally agree it's pretty thankless work at low pay, and am not surprised it's difficult to fill a staff.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #2312 on: November 12, 2020, 11:38:48 AM »
Yet there is always pushback towards raising pay. I, too, believe they are doing thankless jobs for little money, often with no benefits.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2313 on: November 12, 2020, 11:40:08 AM »

"Essential" workers though.

But no extra pay for working through a pandemic.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2315 on: November 12, 2020, 02:37:28 PM »
"Essential" workers though.

But no extra pay for working through a pandemic.

Sort of like the lip service we pay our veterans.  We call them heroes but won't compensate them as such.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #2316 on: November 12, 2020, 03:08:51 PM »
Sort of like the lip service we pay our veterans.  We call them heroes but won't compensate them as such.

Eh we do plenty in theory but there's so much red tape barely any are able to navigate it between ptsd and the majority having only an HS degree.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2317 on: November 12, 2020, 04:26:40 PM »
Eh we do plenty in theory but there's so much red tape barely any are able to navigate it between ptsd and the majority having only an HS degree.

So then the real question is why is this okay?  Homelessness, drug addiction, suicides, mental health problems.  We break these men and women and when they come back they have to fight for help.  And we say that we do this in the name of Freedom?  But I guess that is a conversation for another place and time. 

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #2318 on: November 12, 2020, 05:46:51 PM »
Yet there is always pushback towards raising pay. I, too, believe they are doing thankless jobs for little money, often with no benefits.

Kind of reminds me of how our School District was having trouble hiring aides and health room workers at the beginning of the school year.  Let's see you pay next to nothing and want them to risk your health (a lot of them have to work the Covid isolation room too) - wonder why you can't find people to take those jobs???

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #2319 on: November 12, 2020, 06:23:56 PM »

But yes, I totally agree it's pretty thankless work at low pay, and am not surprised it's difficult to fill a staff.

My daily life consists of my ceo whining and asking why my homes are half staffed. All while saying our employees should be thankful for 10/hr.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2320 on: November 13, 2020, 07:04:41 AM »
My daily life consists of my ceo whining and asking why my homes are half staffed. All while saying our employees should be thankful for 10/hr.

Yup, also a big problem in the Madison area.  And then agencies are forced to hire anyone that shows up. 

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #2321 on: November 13, 2020, 02:32:43 PM »
WI rolls a 7,777 today.

One short of a Yahtzee.

8k tomorrow I guess.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #2324 on: November 14, 2020, 06:23:31 PM »
That is awful. Guy lets them hold a gathering and they turn on him.
Did he really expect them to abide by his request?