collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 318243 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #2000 on: October 04, 2020, 08:23:06 PM »
With that 33% difference in 7-day death it will only take about 6 years to catch Minnesota in overall deaths.

Looking forward to daily updates for the next 1900+ days

You ignore the fact that the disparity in deaths is growing rapidly (17% yesterday and 33% today). Also, Wisconsin’s 7-day average for new cases is approaching 150% more than Minnesota‘s, and that disparity has been growing quickly. Since cases -> hospitalizations-> deaths, the increasing disparity in current deaths is likely to continue for a while.

If you feel safer in Wisconsin though, that makes me happy, as it sounds like you are there for the duration.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #2001 on: October 04, 2020, 08:53:00 PM »
Not for some people.
Sen. Ron Johnson Took COVID Test En Route To Wisconsin Fundraising Dinner. It Was Positive.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ron-johnson-covid-positive-fundraising-dinner-wisconsin_n_5f78ec9bc5b649e564b3a101?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=main_fb&utm_campaign=hp_fb_pages&ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063&fbclid=IwAR12k5oxxm95NsqRHMVNIV6G87VkgKu9Ln5PeMeNQxJXImaV8SJe9WfGo7o

From the article:
“I’m not sick,” Johnson insisted to the newspaper. “I have no symptoms. I certainly didn’t anticipate testing positive, so there was no reason to quarantine.” COVID “can be transmitted by individuals who are infected but do not have symptoms,” the CDC has repeatedly noted.

Wow - that's a ridiculous thing to say.  The reason you quarantine is because you were exposed to Covid and you want to prevent possibly spreading it to other people.  He should not have gone to that event Friday night.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2002 on: October 04, 2020, 09:13:21 PM »
From the article:
“I’m not sick,” Johnson insisted to the newspaper. “I have no symptoms. I certainly didn’t anticipate testing positive, so there was no reason to quarantine.” COVID “can be transmitted by individuals who are infected but do not have symptoms,” the CDC has repeatedly noted.

Wow - that's a ridiculous thing to say.  The reason you quarantine is because you were exposed to Covid and you want to prevent possibly spreading it to other people.  He should not have gone to that event Friday night.

Criminal negligence.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #2003 on: October 06, 2020, 04:40:02 PM »
Good move by Evers to bring down indoor gatherings to 25% should have done this sooner but hopefully this helps curb the spike like similar orders did in other states

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2004 on: October 06, 2020, 07:28:01 PM »
Good move by Evers to bring down indoor gatherings to 25% should have done this sooner but hopefully this helps curb the spike like similar orders did in other states

My social media feed is blowing up with “eff Evers!”

Which is exactly why we are where we are as a state and country.  Because it’s the guy’s fault who’s trying to control the spread, not the people who recklessly ignore the deadly worldwide pandemic going on.  Ignorance is bliss, baby.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2005 on: October 06, 2020, 08:00:34 PM »

Which is exactly why we are where we are as a state and country.  Because it’s the guy’s fault who’s trying to control the spread, not the people who recklessly ignore the deadly worldwide pandemic going on.  Ignorance is bliss, baby.

Unfortunately, in this case, the ‘ignorance’ is laced with vitriol.

The numbers in WI have been skyrocketing. It boggles my mind that so many people still don’t see what is staring them in the face.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #2006 on: October 06, 2020, 09:43:13 PM »

The numbers in WI have been skyrocketing. It boggles my mind that so many people still don’t see what is staring them in the face.

Yes indeed and it also baffles me and bothers me how people can be so flippant about the people who have died of Covid :(.

And it scares me that my 8th grader is supposed to move from a hybrid schedule to everyone in the school on 10/19 with the numbers so bad in Wisconsin right now. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2007 on: October 07, 2020, 05:25:29 AM »

Sounds like something driven by Russian troll bots.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2008 on: October 07, 2020, 06:14:36 AM »

Humans have an inherent lack of understanding of their own mortality.  We also have problems (as a species) planning for the future.  So couple those together, and then add in a major disinformation campaign... and we have what we have.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2009 on: October 07, 2020, 07:59:04 AM »
Saw an interesting interview with a local Republican legislator regarding Evers' order.  He expressed a lot of concern about local businesses (which is obviously a legit concern), and implored people to wear masks, practice social distancing and to be safe.

I'm wondering if their internal polling is starting to show that simply coming out against whatever Evers tries to do is starting to become a losing strategy.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #2010 on: October 07, 2020, 08:38:57 AM »
I admit I look at this from the Milwaukee lens, but I hope they find a way to reconcile the city's 60 page protocol for restaurants with this order. A lot of places have put a lot of time and effort into getting up to those standards.

Milwaukee hasn't been perfect, but it's not the driver of this outbreak. Hopefully someone wakes Barrett up to place a call to the Gov on this.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #2011 on: October 07, 2020, 08:51:36 AM »
I admit I look at this from the Milwaukee lens, but I hope they find a way to reconcile the city's 60 page protocol for restaurants with this order. A lot of places have put a lot of time and effort into getting up to those standards.

Milwaukee hasn't been perfect, but it's not the driver of this outbreak. Hopefully someone wakes Barrett up to place a call to the Gov on this.

Co-sign.  Milwaukee has figured out the right blend and should be allowed to keep doing what is apparently working.  Evers' Secretary of the Department of Administration is Joel Brennan of Milwaukee who has a very good relationship with Barrett, hopefully that pays off. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2012 on: October 07, 2020, 08:55:08 AM »
And that is what is so infuriating about this.  If the legislative and executive leaders could have gotten together on this months ago, we would not only have more consistent protocols in place, but we wouldn't have this outbreak as well.

Too many times I have seen places with signs that say something like "if you are not wearing a mask, we assume you have a medical condition that prevents it."

This is exactly what "no plan" does.  Every single one of these f*ckers should be voted out out office.  But they won't be.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #2013 on: October 07, 2020, 10:00:08 AM »
Too many times I have seen places with signs that say something like "if you are not wearing a mask, we assume you have a medical condition that prevents it."

I tend to be on the "do what you're gonna do, but gimme some space" side of the mask issue. I wear one, but I typically don't get worked up if I come across someone without one. I just give them distance and go about my business.

But yesterday, I stopped to pick some beer up at a store on the south side. They have signs up basically saying "Hey, the city requires it, please wear one so we don't get fined." Some guy barges in, almost runs into me, ranting about how this is all "Democratic bullsh*t" and how "he's never gonna wear a goddamn mask."

I just don't know how you legislate against this kind of mentality, honestly.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #2014 on: October 07, 2020, 10:14:44 AM »
Just an aside about Milwaukee .. Trinity (near the Bradley Center) did file a "safety plan" that was approved.  Yet this was posted three days ago. 

It has since been deleted because duh.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #2015 on: October 07, 2020, 10:20:08 AM »
Just an aside about Milwaukee .. Trinity (near the Bradley Center) did file a "safety plan" that was approved.  Yet this was posted three days ago. 

Wow... no different than it was back in college. Ridiculous.
Maigh Eo for Sam

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #2016 on: October 07, 2020, 10:30:18 AM »

and we wonder why it is spreading in WI!!  Been saying it for months bars and clubs are the worst places to be right now.  everyone talking loud in confined space and then they jsut take the virus right back to their roommate or family.
I feel for the owners of bars and clubs but it is just not right to let a place get that crowded during these times

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #2017 on: October 07, 2020, 10:36:14 AM »
Trinity might be falling into a weird problem though. Realistically the outside and other two pubs may have been ghost towns so even if they let in 25% capacity but that 25% all pack in the middle pub it's gonna look like this. No different than how a house party is going to look very different if every floor and room is open vs the same number of people packed into a basement.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #2018 on: October 07, 2020, 10:39:03 AM »
But they were the obviously crowing about it. The city should take action.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #2019 on: October 07, 2020, 01:31:49 PM »
I tend to be on the "do what you're gonna do, but gimme some space" side of the mask issue. I wear one, but I typically don't get worked up if I come across someone without one. I just give them distance and go about my business.

But yesterday, I stopped to pick some beer up at a store on the south side. They have signs up basically saying "Hey, the city requires it, please wear one so we don't get fined." Some guy barges in, almost runs into me, ranting about how this is all "Democratic bullsh*t" and how "he's never gonna wear a goddamn mask."

I just don't know how you legislate against this kind of mentality, honestly.

I know someone who "has a Dr. friend that told him masks do nothing more for COVID than underwear does for your farts". Yeah but Joe, even your farts never killed anyone.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2020 on: October 07, 2020, 01:39:22 PM »
I know someone who "has a Dr. friend that told him masks do nothing more for COVID than underwear does for your farts". Yeah but Joe, even your farts never killed anyone.

This all makes me feel like I need to give any doctor a quick science quiz before I accept them as a medical provider.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #2021 on: October 07, 2020, 01:41:28 PM »
This all makes me feel like I need to give any doctor a quick science quiz before I accept them as a medical provider.

I use this one, I've heard its great!

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #2022 on: October 07, 2020, 02:11:06 PM »

It’s interesting. Sometimes doctors are the ones i see touching their masks and using home made ones. But I suppose, even in the healthcare industry, people view and act differently.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2023 on: October 07, 2020, 02:38:13 PM »
It’s interesting. Sometimes doctors are the ones i see touching their masks and using home made ones. But I suppose, even in the healthcare industry, people view and act differently.

As with any profession, there are smarter docs and not-as-smart ones. Granted, the average doc is still well above the curve in terms of general intelligence, but they're not all geniuses. And in terms of common sense and discipline in day-to-day activities, they're basically like everyone else.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2024 on: October 07, 2020, 02:56:18 PM »
And don't even get me started on dentists.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback