collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 318227 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #1975 on: October 03, 2020, 07:35:45 PM »
They won’t be if we don’t stop setting new records for new cases.

Its like you’re being willingly stupid.

Yeah. I keep letting myself get baited by him, and need to stop.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1976 on: October 03, 2020, 07:57:11 PM »
Yeah. I keep letting myself get baited by him, and need to stop.

Because I don’t let inaccurate comments go unchallenged means I’m baiting you?

When MU82 and you said NC and MN have done Such a good job handling the pandemic I was interested to see how well it was actually going so looked up the numbers.  Was surprised to see that for how well your two states have done mine has actually done better up til this point when it comes to keeping people alive, that’s all.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1977 on: October 03, 2020, 08:05:43 PM »
Because I don’t let inaccurate comments go unchallenged means I’m baiting you?

When MU82 and you said NC and MN have done Such a good job handling the pandemic I was interested to see how well it was actually going so looked up the numbers.  Was surprised to see that for how well your two states have done mine has actually done better up til this point when it comes to keeping people alive, that’s all.

I did not make inaccurate comments. You first said that Minnesota and Wisconsin’s seven day moving averages were ‘the same.’ I proved that you were wrong and explained why Minnesota’s early numbers were worse. Then you pivoted back and looked at overall numbers, which I had already explained.

As I said, if you are happy being in Wisconsin with the way things are going, good for you. I am happy not to be there right now.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1978 on: October 03, 2020, 08:28:34 PM »
I did not make inaccurate comments. You first said that Minnesota and Wisconsin’s seven day moving averages were ‘the same.’ I proved that you were wrong and explained why Minnesota’s early numbers were worse. Then you pivoted back and looked at overall numbers, which I had already explained.

As I said, if you are happy being in Wisconsin with the way things are going, good for you. I am happy not to be there right now.

Yes you really made me look like a fool by breaking down the 7 day avg and showing the .2 difference.  Sorry I rounded to the nearest whole number.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1979 on: October 03, 2020, 09:02:39 PM »
Yes you really made me look like a fool by breaking down the 7 day avg and showing the .2 difference.  Sorry I rounded to the nearest whole number.

I did not intend to make you look like a fool. I simply wanted to correct an error.

Peace.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1980 on: October 03, 2020, 10:59:46 PM »
NC has been trending in the right direction for some time now. Wisconsin has been trending in the wrong way.

Look at any list of states headed in the wrong direction, and Wisconsin is high on it.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-us-cases.html

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/03/health/us-coronavirus-saturday/index.html

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/index.html#cases_casesinlast7days

Or you can argue just to argue.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1981 on: October 03, 2020, 11:53:32 PM »
NC has been trending in the right direction for some time now. Wisconsin has been trending in the wrong way.

Look at any list of states headed in the wrong direction, and Wisconsin is high on it.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-us-cases.html

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/03/health/us-coronavirus-saturday/index.html

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/index.html#cases_casesinlast7days

Or you can argue just to argue.

Bad faith arguments, goal post shifting... ya know, just a typical day here at scoop

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1982 on: October 04, 2020, 07:36:55 AM »
Bad faith arguments, goal post shifting... ya know, just a typical day here at scoop

Bad faith arguments and goal post shifting?  By simply pointing to the data?

I wasn’t even trying to have an argument but rather to agree with Goo that MN and WI are doing fairly well. 

NC can’t even be in the same sentence as MN or WI so not sure what MU82 was talking about.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1983 on: October 04, 2020, 07:41:55 AM »
Wisconsin isn't doing fairly well.  It's a disaster.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1984 on: October 04, 2020, 07:48:23 AM »
Wisconsin isn't doing fairly well.  It's a disaster.

It’s got the potential of becoming a disaster depending on demographics of these historically high daily case counts.

The data suggests that for the first 8 months of this pandemic there are few places you would rather be.  Hopefully we close this out better then Woj closes out a typical BE
Conference season.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1985 on: October 04, 2020, 07:50:03 AM »
Close out?  We as a nation are half way through at best.    Unless the latest wake up call is actually heeded.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1986 on: October 04, 2020, 07:54:02 AM »
Close out?  We as a nation are half way through at best.    Unless the latest wake up call is actually heeded.

In regards to Wisconsin hospitalization peak is expected in next 7-10 days.  Hopefully after that we see a steady decline in numbers.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1987 on: October 04, 2020, 08:36:28 AM »
In regards to Wisconsin hospitalization peak is expected in next 7-10 days.  Hopefully after that we see a steady decline in numbers.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1988 on: October 04, 2020, 10:31:58 AM »

You need to include the next line of Andy's dialogue, which is "Is it deliberate?"

Yes, yes it is.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #1989 on: October 04, 2020, 10:59:22 AM »
A peak would imply a change in behavior is coming.  I think there'll be a long, upwards plateau in Wisconsin instead.

I think the attitude, especially in rural areas .. is they are tired of it all.  And not enough people are dying to actually make people change their practices.   Most people live, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

(I also wonder about the impact of (fewer) in-person funerals.  I've attended two virtual funerals and .. it's 80% less sad.  Just another sad story on TV, let's see what's on next, eh.)

Gonna be a long long journey.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #1990 on: October 04, 2020, 11:26:05 AM »
From a friend in northern Wisconsin:

up at our cabin in far N Wisconsin, this whole summer most locals were not wearing masks, now this morning at the market/in town, it's magic, every single person in town is wearing a mask, about time !

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1991 on: October 04, 2020, 11:48:50 AM »
I see more mask wearing.

But I also see way too much risky behavior.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #1992 on: October 04, 2020, 12:02:27 PM »
From a friend in northern Wisconsin:

up at our cabin in far N Wisconsin, this whole summer most locals were not wearing masks, now this morning at the market/in town, it's magic, every single person in town is wearing a mask, about time !

For many covid was not real until it hit close to home.  Maybe this surge is a wake up call!!

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1993 on: October 04, 2020, 01:51:54 PM »
It is too early to talk about a peak in hospitalizations when the number of new cases is still increasing. Once WI has seen a clear plateau (and hopefully downward trajectory) in new cases, the peak in hospitalizations will likely occur a week or two later.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #1994 on: October 04, 2020, 02:44:19 PM »

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #1995 on: October 04, 2020, 06:03:47 PM »
Not for some people.
Sen. Ron Johnson Took COVID Test En Route To Wisconsin Fundraising Dinner. It Was Positive.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ron-johnson-covid-positive-fundraising-dinner-wisconsin_n_5f78ec9bc5b649e564b3a101?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=main_fb&utm_campaign=hp_fb_pages&ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063&fbclid=IwAR12k5oxxm95NsqRHMVNIV6G87VkgKu9Ln5PeMeNQxJXImaV8SJe9WfGo7o

I know how stupid I had to listen to his comments on the news last night a few times to see if he was really that dumb.  Just respect others if sick is that so hard to ask. 
My wife who is a teacher just made the comment that teachers in her building are healthy at the start of October for first time cause kids are actually staying home when sick

MU82

• All American
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1997 on: October 04, 2020, 07:25:59 PM »
Bad faith arguments and goal post shifting?  By simply pointing to the data?

I wasn’t even trying to have an argument but rather to agree with Goo that MN and WI are doing fairly well. 

NC can’t even be in the same sentence as MN or WI so not sure what MU82 was talking about.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1998 on: October 04, 2020, 08:00:53 PM »
As of today, the 7-day deaths per 100,000 population are 1.6 in WI and 1.2 in MN...a 33% difference. The gap in new cases continues to grow as well.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1999 on: October 04, 2020, 08:07:15 PM »
As of today, the 7-day deaths per 100,000 population are 1.6 in WI and 1.2 in MN...a 33% difference. The gap in new cases continues to grow as well.

With that 33% difference in 7-day death it will only take about 6 years to catch Minnesota in overall deaths.

Looking forward to daily updates for the next 1900+ days

feedback