collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 318260 times)

cheebs09

• All American
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #1775 on: September 17, 2020, 03:15:14 PM »
#3 on here is telling- https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/04/23/upshot/five-ways-to-monitor-coronavirus-outbreak-us.html

LaCrosse, Whitewater, Oshkosh, Stevens Point, Appleton, Platteville, Madison, Green Bay all in the top 20.

I'm completely content placing all the blame on the UW system (and Lawrence).

Yup, and most outside of Wisconsin are in college towns. Penn State, Indiana, Florida.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1776 on: September 17, 2020, 05:34:02 PM »
#3 on here is telling- https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/04/23/upshot/five-ways-to-monitor-coronavirus-outbreak-us.html

LaCrosse, Whitewater, Oshkosh, Stevens Point, Appleton, Platteville, Madison, Green Bay all in the top 20.

I'm completely content placing all the blame on the UW system (and Lawrence).

Uw sucks.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 02:34:08 PM by Hards_Alumni »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1778 on: September 18, 2020, 02:34:14 PM »
Smashed yesterday's record by 500 today!

Great job, Wisconsin!

/s

Worst possible time of year to be spiking upward. WI, ND, SD, IA could be in for a world of hurt in a few weeks.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #1779 on: September 18, 2020, 02:53:30 PM »
Smashed yesterday's record by 500 today!

Great job, Wisconsin!

/s

https://bi.wisconsin.gov/t/DHS/views/Dailycaseswmobile/Newcasesbyday?:embed_code_version=3&:embed=y&:loadOrderID=1&:display_count=n&:display_spinner=no&:showAppBanner=false&:origin=viz_share_link&:showVizHome=n

Substantial spike in the 18-24 age group.

Week of 8/16 - 782 cases for that age group.
Week of 9/6 - 3,475 cases for that age group
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 02:58:16 PM by mufanatic »

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #1780 on: September 18, 2020, 03:02:41 PM »
Hey you guys passed Illinois in new cases per day with only half the population! Grats!

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #1781 on: September 18, 2020, 03:33:13 PM »
We keep getting lots of cases in Illinois but are doing tons of testing, so the positivity rate is staying around 3.6. I suspect a lot of that is due to the U if I testing all students something like twice a week.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1783 on: September 23, 2020, 04:23:35 PM »
Hey you guys passed Illinois in new cases per day with only half the population! Grats!

Wisconsin is also hitting it out of the park in terms of new cases per 100,000 over the past seven days.

1. ND - 321
2. SD - 248
3. WI - 230
4. OK - 196
5. IA - 189

I think the time has come to build a wall around Minnesota.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1784 on: September 23, 2020, 05:24:25 PM »

Wisconsin is also hitting it out of the park in terms of new cases per 100,000 over the past seven days.

1. ND - 321
2. SD - 248
3. WI - 230
4. OK - 196
5. IA - 189

I think the time has come to build a wall around Minnesota.

You could always demand that Wisconsin pay for it.

Usually works.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #1785 on: September 23, 2020, 06:00:18 PM »
I want a wall around Illinois as well.  We are surrounded by states with much higher positivity rates. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1786 on: September 24, 2020, 06:33:05 AM »
I want a wall around Illinois as well.  We are surrounded by states with much higher positivity rates.

Please build that wall.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1787 on: September 24, 2020, 07:27:08 AM »
Outstanding NYT piece about the struggles Milwaukeeans -- especially Blacks and Latinos -- will face voting in this year's election, due both to the pandemic and repression.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/24/us/politics/milwaukee-voters-2020-black-latino.html?campaign_id=56&emc=edit_cn_20200924&instance_id=22477&nl=on-politics-with-lisa-lerer&regi_id=108420427&segment_id=38915&te=1&user_id=d36dcf821462fdd16ec3636710a855fa
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1788 on: September 24, 2020, 08:07:09 AM »
Outstanding NYT piece about the struggles Milwaukeeans -- especially Blacks and Latinos -- will face voting in this year's election, due both to the pandemic and repression.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/24/us/politics/milwaukee-voters-2020-black-latino.html?campaign_id=56&emc=edit_cn_20200924&instance_id=22477&nl=on-politics-with-lisa-lerer&regi_id=108420427&segment_id=38915&te=1&user_id=d36dcf821462fdd16ec3636710a855fa

Cmon...

Stop using the Covid board to backdoor politics.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1789 on: September 24, 2020, 08:07:48 AM »
Please build that wall.

I am sure the surrounding states would be more than happy to contribute.
Have some patience, FFS.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1790 on: September 24, 2020, 08:09:57 AM »

Yes I'd imagine south eastern wisonsin's economy would do great when suddenly they lose all the revenue from Chicagoland individuals going to their summerhomes, taking weekend trips to twin lakes, lake Geneva, etc.
Maigh Eo for Sam

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1791 on: September 24, 2020, 08:55:55 AM »
Yes I'd imagine south eastern wisonsin's economy would do great when suddenly they lose all the revenue from Chicagoland individuals going to their summerhomes, taking weekend trips to twin lakes, lake Geneva, etc.

Eh, I would be good with letting Illinois annex that.  It's basically a far northern suburb, anyway.
Have some patience, FFS.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1792 on: September 24, 2020, 08:57:58 AM »
Eh, I would be good with letting Illinois annex that.  It's basically a far northern suburb, anyway.

Just like Milwaukee  ;)
Maigh Eo for Sam

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #1793 on: September 24, 2020, 09:08:11 AM »

True.....I am in Racine county and we have our annual soccer tournament the first weekend in October.  Wisconsin teams are not allowed to participate unless they are willing to quarantine and cancel all soccer activities for 14 days afterward.  There is 170 Illinois teams registered to play and will drive across borders, hang out for a weekend and drive back.  Are they all going to quarantine for 14 days?  That's right, I forgot, youth sports activities are not allowed in Illinois yet they train and play across borders whenever they can.

Its hilarious that Illinois acts so uppity when they are like everyone else when it comes to I can do what I want, when I want.  Chicago in particular with their Mayor and their travel restrictions list when they flock to Wisconsin on weekends whenever they can.  Are Chicagoans really going to quarantine for 14 days after visting?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1794 on: September 24, 2020, 09:19:21 AM »
That's right, I forgot, youth sports activities are not allowed in Illinois yet they train and play across borders whenever they can.

This is 100% false.
Cheeseheads are cute. You love to bash Illinois, but you need us a lot more than we need you. And what makes you all so mad is you know it.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1795 on: September 24, 2020, 09:27:05 AM »
True.....I am in Racine county and we have our annual soccer tournament the first weekend in October.  Wisconsin teams are not allowed to participate unless they are willing to quarantine and cancel all soccer activities for 14 days afterward.  There is 170 Illinois teams registered to play and will drive across borders, hang out for a weekend and drive back.  Are they all going to quarantine for 14 days?  That's right, I forgot, youth sports activities are not allowed in Illinois yet they train and play across borders whenever they can.

Its hilarious that Illinois acts so uppity when they are like everyone else when it comes to I can do what I want, when I want.  Chicago in particular with their Mayor and their travel restrictions list when they flock to Wisconsin on weekends whenever they can.  Are Chicagoans really going to quarantine for 14 days after visting?

Yeah it's the fault of every person from Illinois when some people have been hell bent on finding loopholes since this whole thing started!
Maigh Eo for Sam

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #1796 on: September 24, 2020, 09:31:21 AM »

This is a great description of the challenges introduced by an inept/non-existant Federal response to this pandemic. Wisconsin is making the region worse, and there is little that surrounding states can do to curtail the issue.

Many businesses are taking the state quarantine list seriously and making people stay home after travel. There's not much more the Governor or Mayors can do besides warning people about the challenges Wisconsin is currently facing.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1797 on: September 24, 2020, 09:34:51 AM »

Yeah, because Iowa is SO damn interesting... and Illinoisans flee their state weekly because Wisconsin is such a dump.   ::)

That leaves Minnesota and da UP der hey... which is basically Wisconsin, and wouldn't financially exist without Wisconsin tourism dollars.

But yes, please tell me about how the surrounding states are better.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1798 on: September 24, 2020, 09:38:29 AM »
This is 100% false.
Cheeseheads are cute. You love to bash Illinois, but you need us a lot more than we need you. And what makes you all so mad is you know it.

And rural Illinois needs Chicago... which they bash constantly.  What's your point?  That a big city radiates financial power?

You don't say.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1799 on: September 24, 2020, 09:44:09 AM »
And rural Illinois needs Chicago... which they bash constantly.  What's your point?  That a big city radiates financial power?

You don't say.

I don't want to speak for him but I think his point was it's more about the relationship. Rural Illinois needs Chicago because it's farmland that's essentially dependent on NE IL. SE WI is extremely dependent on our tourism and tax dollars from summer homes.
Maigh Eo for Sam

feedback