collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 318174 times)

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #1675 on: August 15, 2020, 07:25:53 PM »
Got our results back in 28 hours. 5 negatives to help make the positive rate look better, eh?

Why did you decide to get tested?  School/work re-entry?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1676 on: August 15, 2020, 09:19:05 PM »
Why did you decide to get tested?  School/work re-entry?

Went to a funeral with an indoor luncheon and the kids hung out with some kids from texas at a cabin.  Just wanted to be safe. Quarantined for a week, then tested.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1677 on: August 16, 2020, 08:39:24 AM »
Went to a funeral with an indoor luncheon and the kids hung out with some kids from texas at a cabin.  Just wanted to be safe. Quarantined for a week, then tested.

Makes sense and good testing was easy/quick to come back.  It’s getting similar here now that local lab times have come back down.  My wife did a test before seeing her parents earlier this year and it gave her a lot of comfort/conviction to see them.   

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #1678 on: August 16, 2020, 01:32:57 PM »
Went to a softball tournament near green bay. One person wore a mask. None of the concessions people did.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1679 on: August 16, 2020, 01:36:24 PM »
Went to a softball tournament near green bay. One person wore a mask. None of the concessions people did.

Were you that “one person”?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 03:47:33 PM by Jockey »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1680 on: August 22, 2020, 09:20:23 AM »
https://www.channel3000.com/phmdc-issues-emergency-order-requiring-students-in-grades-3-12-to-start-school-year-virtually/

I forgot to post this absolute scumbag move by Dane County.

Requiring virtual schools to start the year... I don't have a problem with.

I DO have a problem with dropping that information at 6pm on a Friday evening.

Now, most schools in the county were already going to be virtual, but I have a visceral reaction to ''bad" news being dropped on a Friday night.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1681 on: August 22, 2020, 11:53:48 AM »
https://www.channel3000.com/phmdc-issues-emergency-order-requiring-students-in-grades-3-12-to-start-school-year-virtually/

Now, most schools in the county were already going to be virtual, but I have a visceral reaction to ''bad" news being dropped on a Friday night.

Par for the course for the county.  Heads up their asses.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1682 on: August 22, 2020, 12:33:49 PM »
Got my Covid-19 test at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison at about noon on Thursday.  Preregistered online, waited in line about 15 minutes, got swabbed without getting out of my car, and was on my way.

The results were in my email when I woke up this morning. 
Have some patience, FFS.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1683 on: August 22, 2020, 03:31:48 PM »
Know wunder Pa's bin muzzled, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1684 on: August 22, 2020, 05:48:31 PM »

sponsored by miller, budweiser, jack daniels, grey goose, bacardi, or fill in your favorite adult beverage
don't...don't don't don't don't

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1685 on: August 22, 2020, 09:49:18 PM »

I really wouldn't mind Waukesha County doing the same thing but doubt it will happen.  I'm giving it two weeks tops for the public schools in Waukesha that start September 1st to stay open.

On the Friday thing, my kids' former Elementary School would always release teacher assignments at about 4P on a Friday - figured that was so no one was around to deal with the complaints until Monday...

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #1686 on: August 22, 2020, 11:26:15 PM »
Got my Covid-19 test at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison at about noon on Thursday.  Preregistered online, waited in line about 15 minutes, got swabbed without getting out of my car, and was on my way.

The results were in my email when I woke up this morning.

Similar process & timeframe in Milwaukee at UMOS. I think we waited about 30 hours for results.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1687 on: August 24, 2020, 11:17:21 PM »
It’s been over a month of really high daily positive Cases but hospitalizations and deaths have remained relatively low.

Kudos to Wisconsinites for protecting the most vulnerable and for our continued success in keeping the worst of this pandemic muffled for now 🤞

Checking in again a couple weeks later and we continue to make great strides here in Wisco.  Back to back days of zero deaths, looks like the worst of the second wave is behind us nationally. 

Great job everyone!!

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1688 on: August 24, 2020, 11:50:41 PM »
Kudos to Gov. Evers for mandating masks despite opposition from republicans.

The single biggest factor in the decline.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1689 on: August 25, 2020, 06:52:44 AM »
Kudos to Gov. Evers for mandating masks despite opposition from republicans.

The single biggest factor in the decline.

I agree, mask mandate was huge.  Was surprised to see sooooo many positive infections continue on for weeks after the mandate went in place though.

Why must everything be political with you?  I was simply cheering the state on so we can get back to school, work, and play. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1691 on: August 25, 2020, 12:40:37 PM »
Took long enough .. here comes the lawsuit.

https://www.kenoshanews.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/conservative-group-files-lawsuit-against-tony-evers-second-covid-19-emergency-order-mask-mandate/article_69000ca9-725a-5c42-8b68-36886e46c54c.html#tracking-source=home-the-latest

This is quite maddening.  The state senate and legislatures have failed Wisconsin and won’t be held accountable.  All the blame will be put upon the governor who has been stripped of any power by the same people who do nothing.  This isn’t a rant just about masks but a failure to tackle unemployment benefits not being taken care of in a timely fashion and a variety of other economic issues.  It has been a complete abdication of responsibility
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1692 on: August 25, 2020, 12:42:11 PM »
I think the governor could be more aggressive in his tone.  He is playing into his "sleepy" reputation.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1693 on: August 25, 2020, 01:41:32 PM »
I think the governor could be more aggressive in his tone.  He is playing into his "sleepy" reputation.

His biggest liability.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1694 on: August 25, 2020, 01:42:32 PM »
Took long enough .. here comes the lawsuit.

https://www.kenoshanews.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/conservative-group-files-lawsuit-against-tony-evers-second-covid-19-emergency-order-mask-mandate/article_69000ca9-725a-5c42-8b68-36886e46c54c.html#tracking-source=home-the-latest

"Today’s lawsuit is not about mask mandates, it’s about the authority of the governor," WILL president and general counsel Rick Esenberg said on a call with reporters Tuesday. "It’s about how we make laws in this state."

Liars gonna lie.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1695 on: August 25, 2020, 01:43:17 PM »
This is quite maddening.  The state senate and legislatures have failed Wisconsin and won’t be held accountable.  All the blame will be put upon the governor who has been stripped of any power by the same people who do nothing.  This isn’t a rant just about masks but a failure to tackle unemployment benefits not being taken care of in a timely fashion and a variety of other economic issues.  It has been a complete abdication of responsibility

Rs want power.

Rs do not want to govern.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #1696 on: September 01, 2020, 08:02:02 AM »

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #1697 on: September 01, 2020, 09:15:04 AM »
https://www.wisconsincatholic.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/WCC-Press-Release-Regarding-End-to-Dispensations-from-Sunday-Mass-8-31-2020.pdf

The bishops once again show how out of touch with reality they can be.

That’s interesting and disappointing. With a newborn at home, I’ll continue to listen on the radio or do YouTube.

I’m worried we are getting to a mindset of if kids can go back to school, we can do xyz. I’m worrying we might be accelerating the fall/winter spike.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #1698 on: September 01, 2020, 10:00:28 AM »
As an aside .. a close MU '91 friend became a Jesuit and does a Facebook live mass every Sunday.   He puts on a great, one man show from his apartment.

If he keeps doing it, I don't think my wife will ever go back to church in person.

https://www.facebook.com/mcdsj

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1699 on: September 01, 2020, 10:10:08 AM »
https://www.wisconsincatholic.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/WCC-Press-Release-Regarding-End-to-Dispensations-from-Sunday-Mass-8-31-2020.pdf

The bishops once again show how out of touch with reality they can be.

The Bishop of Hartford extended dispensation until Advent starts.

I saw my neighbor who is a very longtime Eucharistic Minister in my church and she said she doesn't want to go back yet and risk it since mass is indoors.  I was somewhat surprised by her answer.

I've been going for Sunday walks with the wife and she steams the Facebook Live mass from our church.

feedback