collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 318270 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #1575 on: July 24, 2020, 01:38:22 PM »
Troubling news.  One of my employees was exposed to a Covid positive customer.  We found out from the Department of Public Health.  They told us to send that employee home for two weeks.  They advised us to not have that person go for a test.

What.  The.  Hell.

That’s the second time I’ve heard this advice to an employer.  Makes little sense to me
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1576 on: July 24, 2020, 02:05:05 PM »
That’s the second time I’ve heard this advice to an employer.  Makes little sense to me

Second hand conversation to me, but PH contact told the person that answered the phone that either there was enough contact and our employee has covid and will display symptoms... or that our employee was exposed and is asymptomatic... or that there wasn't enough contact and our employee is covid negative.  The employee encountered the customer on Wednesday.  So, since that time, the employee has been in the office (masked of course), for short periods of time.  Low chance of office staff being exposed, but still a distinct possibility.  Not to mention all of the other customers our employee has come into contact with.

PH contact just said to send the employee home, and have them stay there for two weeks.  Said to NOT send them for a test because they could expose others in doing so.

Meanwhile, we are paying their wage while she is out (since we aren't jerks), and down an employee. 

We were informed that the test being used won't be able to detect a covid positive case until 5 days after exposure because it is an mRNA test.

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #1577 on: July 24, 2020, 02:25:16 PM »
Second hand conversation to me, but PH contact told the person that answered the phone that either there was enough contact and our employee has covid and will display symptoms... or that our employee was exposed and is asymptomatic... or that there wasn't enough contact and our employee is covid negative.  The employee encountered the customer on Wednesday.  So, since that time, the employee has been in the office (masked of course), for short periods of time.  Low chance of office staff being exposed, but still a distinct possibility.  Not to mention all of the other customers our employee has come into contact with.

PH contact just said to send the employee home, and have them stay there for two weeks.  Said to NOT send them for a test because they could expose others in doing so.

Meanwhile, we are paying their wage while she is out (since we aren't jerks), and down an employee. 

We were informed that the test being used won't be able to detect a covid positive case until 5 days after exposure because it is an mRNA test.

That is really dumb
sounds like what i was told in March when i was in to see a dr for another item.  I asked the nurse if i did have a symptom what they would do.  said send me home for 14 days and only come back in to get tested if i got really sick

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1578 on: July 24, 2020, 02:37:01 PM »
Troubling news.  One of my employees was exposed to a Covid positive customer.  We found out from the Department of Public Health.  They told us to send that employee home for two weeks.  They advised us to not have that person go for a test.

What.  The.  Hell.

Simple answer? In many areas there are not enough tests available. In others, tests are available, but huge backlogs at the labs.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1579 on: July 24, 2020, 02:48:10 PM »
Simple answer? In many areas there are not enough tests available. In others, tests are available, but huge backlogs at the labs.

It's Madison.  There are plenty of tests and backlogs are small.  Two day turnaround is typical.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #1580 on: July 24, 2020, 02:56:23 PM »

PH contact just said to send the employee home, and have them stay there for two weeks. Said to NOT send them for a test because they could expose others in doing so.

That part makes no sense.  This is a free country, send them to Alliant if they want to go.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1581 on: July 24, 2020, 03:12:15 PM »
That part makes no sense.  This is a free country, send them to Alliant if they want to go.

That is what upset me the most.  The contact at the drive through tracing is absolutely MINIMAL.  Suggesting to not test is asinine.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #1582 on: July 24, 2020, 03:32:23 PM »
That is what upset me the most.  The contact at the drive through tracing is absolutely MINIMAL.  Suggesting to not test is asinine.

It'll be interesting when we have another year of data to see how many of those testing places became hot spots. Not that we'd know because we're not doing contact tracing.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1583 on: July 24, 2020, 03:33:39 PM »
It's Madison.  There are plenty of tests and backlogs are small.  Two day turnaround is typical.

Yeah, cuz they tell people not to get tested!  :)

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #1584 on: July 24, 2020, 03:47:58 PM »
Ok I understand the waiting for a few days, but I don’t understand telling the person not to get tested at all.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1585 on: July 24, 2020, 05:04:28 PM »
I'll go ahead and spin the positive. At least they did some contact tracing and let you know before any symptoms are present (if employee did get infected...)

bananahammock

• Starter
« Reply #1586 on: July 24, 2020, 06:06:55 PM »
A few weeks back, a family member came in contact with someone who tested + the following day. Called her Dr and was told to not get a test unless she started feeling ill. Just quarantine for 14 days. Dr said a negative test result would not mean anything because the virus could appear in any of the following days after the test.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1587 on: July 24, 2020, 08:11:36 PM »
To be fair, if you're not contract tracing, you don't have a great need to test asymptomatic patients.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1588 on: July 24, 2020, 08:31:52 PM »

Kenosha is currently 5+ days for results from Froedert or Aurora.

Don’t go to a CVS for testing, that is something of its own spaghetti western like disaster.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1589 on: July 24, 2020, 08:33:30 PM »
Also, when did Jamie move to Wisconsin? Is he staying with WarriorDad’s kid?

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1590 on: July 24, 2020, 10:15:26 PM »
To be fair, if you're not contract tracing, you don't have a great need to test asymptomatic patients.

I trace all my contracts

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1591 on: July 25, 2020, 07:26:26 AM »
Kenosha is currently 5+ days for results from Froedert or Aurora.

Don’t go to a CVS for testing, that is something of its own spaghetti western like disaster.

Yep.  I know someone who has been waiting over 2 weeks for their CVS results.
Have some patience, FFS.

muguru

• All American
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1593 on: July 25, 2020, 07:32:18 AM »
Den der good, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1594 on: July 25, 2020, 08:36:19 AM »
Yep.  I know someone who has been waiting over 2 weeks for their CVS results.

Results are meaningless if they have been waiting 2 weeks.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1595 on: July 25, 2020, 11:01:10 AM »
Results are meaningless if they have been waiting 2 weeks.

My receptionist will be 14 days tomorrow. Still no taste, no smell. No other symptoms.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1596 on: July 27, 2020, 10:52:34 AM »
Menomonee Falls Little League President Kristin Lauer announced the suspension of play on the league's Facebook page July 23. She said the suspension will last until at least July 30. Lauer said players and coaches in multiple divisions tested positive for COVID-19.

So, multiple players and coaches in multiple divisions get Covid and they only shut down for a week? Yet, we still wonder why we can't get this under control.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1597 on: July 27, 2020, 05:05:32 PM »

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1598 on: July 27, 2020, 06:27:39 PM »
Welcome to Chicago's quarantine list, cheeseheads.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/wisconsin-being-added-to-chicagos-travel-order-mayor-says/2312092/

Darn!! We love goin' down there.They even charge us to get in. I'll miss that.  8-) 8-)

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1599 on: July 27, 2020, 06:53:00 PM »
Welcome to Chicago's quarantine list, cheeseheads.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/wisconsin-being-added-to-chicagos-travel-order-mayor-says/2312092/

I think that directive is likely for Chicago residents more than for WI residents