collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 318190 times)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #1150 on: May 19, 2020, 02:21:12 PM »
He should get taken behind the woodshed.

Make that a barn for his morbidly obese ass.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1151 on: May 19, 2020, 02:26:01 PM »

Maybe we can get a 2-for-1
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1152 on: May 19, 2020, 02:34:18 PM »
How so?

Because you absolutely know the criticisms have come due to the lack of a coordinated federal/white House response. However, once they did come up with a detailed plan (on re-opening), not only was it not enforced, but it was seriously undermined by the same administration that put forth the plan.

Stop the dishonesty.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #1153 on: May 19, 2020, 02:35:39 PM »
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #1154 on: May 19, 2020, 02:53:33 PM »
His family staying in Florida when they were already there is ok. And I have three friends now who have traveled back from Florida and Arizona, respectively, since late March. I am not on board with going back and forth to Racine though, I’m not sure why that was necessary.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #1155 on: May 19, 2020, 03:12:34 PM »
I don't care about this Pritzker guy one way or the other, but the article states his family was in FL from mid-March until now.     Seems like they left prior to the SIP order, so the only problem is that they came back?

That doesn't seem like that big a deal.  Hundreds of thousands of people 'went back home' including boatloads of college students/overseas people.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1156 on: May 19, 2020, 03:12:51 PM »
Because you absolutely know the criticisms have come due to the lack of a coordinated federal/white House response. However, once they did come up with a detailed plan (on re-opening), not only was it not enforced, but it was seriously undermined by the same administration that put forth the plan.

Stop the dishonesty.

I agree that task force switched positions on things several times but this was a bit of a moving target.

Between the first 15 Days to Slow the Spread, with new adjusted guidelines then coming out turning into 30 Days to Slow the Spread which then led to a comprehensive plan with phased approach to opening things back up.

Very little a President or the task force can do from there.  States rights take over but the guidelines and daily communication was there, I’d argue it was the daily press conferences that led to a bit of confusion with the over communication.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1157 on: May 19, 2020, 03:39:49 PM »

So can we take Trump there too?  Or are we going to need a bigger barn?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1158 on: May 19, 2020, 03:45:11 PM »
I agree that task force switched positions on things several times but this was a bit of a moving target.

Between the first 15 Days to Slow the Spread, with new adjusted guidelines then coming out turning into 30 Days to Slow the Spread which then led to a comprehensive plan with phased approach to opening things back up.

Very little a President or the task force can do from there.  States rights take over but the guidelines and daily communication was there, I’d argue it was the daily press conferences that led to a bit of confusion with the over communication.

Press conferences + presidential tweets

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1159 on: May 19, 2020, 03:55:38 PM »

Moving target? What folks are talking about is this:

On April 16, Trump held a press conference in which he laid out specific guidelines - including specific benchmarks that needed to be reached - for states to re-open their economies. He sounded calm, confident, knowledgeable, and - dare I say it? - darn near presidential. He said it would be up to governors to call their own shots.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/president-donald-j-trump-announces-guidelines-opening-america/

On April 17 - less than 24 hours later - he sent out a series of tweets supporting protesters in three states that had not met any of the guidelines. He demanded that the governors of those states "Liberate Michigan!" and "Liberate Minnesota!" and "Liberate Virginia!" He did so even though none of those states had met any of the benchmarks he himself had emphasized just the previous day.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/2020/04/17/coronavirus-trump-calls-liberate-virginia-michigan-minnesota/5152120002/

Not coincidentally, all three states have Dem governors. He did not send out tweets urging that Ohio and Maryland be liberated even though their Republican governors had almost identical stay-at-home orders in place.

That's more than a president having to deal with a moving target. That's a president pulling a 180, undermining his own message, and doing so for brazenly political reasons.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1160 on: May 19, 2020, 06:17:40 PM »
Moving target? What folks are talking about is this:

On April 16, Trump held a press conference in which he laid out specific guidelines - including specific benchmarks that needed to be reached - for states to re-open their economies. He sounded calm, confident, knowledgeable, and - dare I say it? - darn near presidential. He said it would be up to governors to call their own shots.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/president-donald-j-trump-announces-guidelines-opening-america/

On April 17 - less than 24 hours later - he sent out a series of tweets supporting protesters in three states that had not met any of the guidelines. He demanded that the governors of those states "Liberate Michigan!" and "Liberate Minnesota!" and "Liberate Virginia!" He did so even though none of those states had met any of the benchmarks he himself had emphasized just the previous day.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/2020/04/17/coronavirus-trump-calls-liberate-virginia-michigan-minnesota/5152120002/

Not coincidentally, all three states have Dem governors. He did not send out tweets urging that Ohio and Maryland be liberated even though their Republican governors had almost identical stay-at-home orders in place.

That's more than a president having to deal with a moving target. That's a president pulling a 180, undermining his own message, and doing so for brazenly political reasons.

Ok we agree those tweets were dumb and 90% of America doesn’t pay attention to them.  Glad we also agree that he laid out a good, coherent federal plan on how to safelyreopen.

I imagine from there we also agree there is little they could do to ensure they were followed in each and every state.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1161 on: May 19, 2020, 06:28:42 PM »
So can we take Trump there too?  Or are we going to need a bigger barn

Nah, know room in der wit Nancy and all her mental problems takin' up space, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1162 on: May 19, 2020, 06:35:03 PM »
I imagine from there we also agree there is little they could do to ensure they were followed in each and every state.
Could he perhaps have waited more than a day before making it clear he didn't believe in the plan his government laid out and undermining it with "LIBERATE" tweets?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #1163 on: May 19, 2020, 06:41:43 PM »
Ok we agree those tweets were dumb and 90% of America doesn’t pay attention to them.  Glad we also agree that he laid out a good, coherent federal plan on how to safelyreopen.

It seems like 43% of Americans pay positive attention to his tweets. They also get covered positively by Fox News where millions tune in to get their info.
To say 90% ignore his tweets and ranting is either ignorant or an outright lie.
And it’s great to have a game plan. It’s stupid to ignore it and do the opposite.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #1164 on: May 19, 2020, 07:07:11 PM »
nm

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1165 on: May 19, 2020, 07:13:22 PM »
It seems like 43% of Americans pay positive attention to his tweets. They also get covered positively by Fox News where millions tune in to get their info.
To say 90% ignore his tweets and ranting is either ignorant or an outright lie.
And it’s great to have a game plan. It’s stupid to ignore it and do the opposite.

So his approval rating are those that only pay attention to and then also approve of his tweets? 

Which one of those tweets led to a state altering their plans or what federal recommendation changed after those tweets?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1166 on: May 19, 2020, 07:29:08 PM »
I absolutely love when Trump supporters try to take shots at the mental state of anybody else in the world.  There is not a single person in the world that is more mentally unstable than the person we voted to run our country.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1167 on: May 19, 2020, 07:38:20 PM »
So his approval rating are those that only pay attention to and then also approve of his tweets? 

Which one of those tweets led to a state altering their plans or what federal recommendation changed after those tweets?

Lol really?  Are you truly that dense?  States like Georgia started to announce plans to open up soon after the “Liberate” tweets. In fact Georgia was so gung ho about it that Trump had to tell him to slow down.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1168 on: May 19, 2020, 07:49:08 PM »
Could it have been the LIBERATE tweets? Of maybe the "the cure can't be worse than the disease" tweets? Or possibly the tweet yesterday "REOPEN OUR COUNTRY". Maybe one of the hundreds of others with some variation of these?

I find it seriously hard to believe you are unaware of the dozens if not hundreds of his tweets undermining the plan put forth by his own administration.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1169 on: May 19, 2020, 07:55:28 PM »
Could it have been the LIBERATE tweets? Of maybe the "the cure can't be worse than the disease" tweets? Or possibly the tweet yesterday "REOPEN OUR COUNTRY". Maybe one of the hundreds of others with some variation of these?

I find it seriously hard to believe you are unaware of the dozens if not hundreds of his tweets undermining the plan put forth by his own administration.

Unaware?  Im fully aware but as I said I give them very little attention because they never lead to any sort of policy change.  Which is what I'm asking here, did any of these tweets lead to any sort of action?

His tweets and his rhetoric has always been all bark and no bite.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1170 on: May 19, 2020, 07:55:45 PM »

He's not unaware.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1171 on: May 19, 2020, 08:10:22 PM »
Unaware?  Im fully aware but as I said I give them very little attention because they never lead to any sort of policy change.  Which is what I'm asking here, did any of these tweets lead to any sort of action?
Yes, obviously they did. How is this a question? He signaled repeatedly to all his followers, in government and out, that they were to ignore the very guidelines his administration put forth. He had Fox, OAN and 1,500 AM radios stations amplify this message and he encouraged re-open protests around the country.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1172 on: May 19, 2020, 08:23:14 PM »
Yes, obviously they did. How is this a question? He signaled repeatedly to all his followers, in government and out, that they were to ignore the very guidelines his administration put forth. He had Fox, OAN and 1,500 AM radios stations amplify this message and he encouraged re-open protests around the country.

I’m begging for an example and all you’ve come up with is Georgia who blatantly went against what he asked them to do.

But if you say so then I believe you.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1173 on: May 19, 2020, 09:09:46 PM »
Prtizker's family have been traveling to WI and FL.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coronavirus/ct-coronavirus-pritzker-family-whereabouts-20200515-rx5qkabrabg67j3dfkllbowntu-story.html?outputType=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Racine, maybe thsy are visiting jockitch?

Thee, not me, aina.

Interesting, I can verify from personal experience that MK’s ‘farm’ was literally on the north side of state line road in Bristol. That was back in 2017.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1174 on: May 19, 2020, 09:31:10 PM »

I hope you didn't get hurt bending yourself into a pretzel to come up with this "logic."

Amazing how willing some are to be conned by the Charlatan In Chief.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson