collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 318305 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #1050 on: May 16, 2020, 09:02:28 AM »
Some of the same people who get upset if anybody suggests there might be a few Scoopers who want to lose basketball games so MU will dump Wojo think nothing of saying some of us are willing to lose half of our life savings (or more) just so the U.S. can dump Trump.

Sorry, but as much as I dislike President Pandemic, I'd rather the economy recover.

Mike

I agree. The ideas that a) Scoopers want the economy to collapse, b) Scoopers value $ over lives and c) Scoopers want MU to lose basketball games are ALL preposterous.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #1051 on: May 16, 2020, 09:47:04 AM »
Some of the same people who get upset if anybody suggests there might be a few Scoopers who want to lose basketball games so MU will dump Wojo think nothing of saying some of us are willing to lose half of our life savings (or more) just so the U.S. can dump Trump.

Sorry, but as much as I dislike President Pandemic, I'd rather the economy recover.

How do you explain impeachment being discussed some 30 minutes after Trump was declared winner on election night?

Or, when watching the State of the Union address you see Dems sitting on their butts as: best ever employment numbers were stated, best workforce participation rate, increasing wages, stock market thriving, ISIS neutralized, troop reductions overseas, LESS U.S. military intervention abroad, improved trade structures with two countries that killed our manufacturing and middle class?

To your analogy - As much as I don't like Wojo AS A COACH, I've never rooted against MU.  Further, when attending games, I sure as hell got out of my seat and celebrated the times/games where we were playing well.

I fully understand taking offense to Trump's demeanor, narcissism, but when you see fellow Americans seemingly unhappy about us thriving pre-pandemic, that is problematic. Truly this black swan event has been a God send for those you who are triggered, offended, and unhinged with regard to your hate of Trump.  COVID provided a once in a 100-year event for subjective judgments to be made about how Trump failed.

Yet you have solid minds like Biden calling the travel ban racist and xenophobic, Pelosi suggesting San Franciscans go mingle in Chinatown in mid-March, and Cuomo sending Covid patients to nursing homes.  And yet we are to think they would have managed the pandemic better?  Please.

Keep in mind, all of the media told us an election of Trump would crater the stock markets, he'd get us into wars due to being "unhinged" and mentally unstable.  Our journalists told us to be fearful, and half the country bought what their biases sold.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #1052 on: May 16, 2020, 10:01:22 AM »
Do you want this thread locked?  Because this is how you get threads locked.

Stick to Wisconsin issues, please.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1053 on: May 16, 2020, 10:09:52 AM »
How do you explain impeachment being discussed some 30 minutes after Trump was declared winner on election night?

Or, when watching the State of the Union address you see Dems sitting on their butts as: best ever employment numbers were stated, best workforce participation rate, increasing wages, stock market thriving, ISIS neutralized, troop reductions overseas, LESS U.S. military intervention abroad, improved trade structures with two countries that killed our manufacturing and middle class?

To your analogy - As much as I don't like Wojo AS A COACH, I've never rooted against MU.  Further, when attending games, I sure as hell got out of my seat and celebrated the times/games where we were playing well.

I fully understand taking offense to Trump's demeanor, narcissism, but when you see fellow Americans seemingly unhappy about us thriving pre-pandemic, that is problematic. Truly this black swan event has been a God send for those you who are triggered, offended, and unhinged with regard to your hate of Trump.  COVID provided a once in a 100-year event for subjective judgments to be made about how Trump failed.

Yet you have solid minds like Biden calling the travel ban racist and xenophobic, Pelosi suggesting San Franciscans go mingle in Chinatown in mid-March, and Cuomo sending Covid patients to nursing homes.  And yet we are to think they would have managed the pandemic better?  Please.

Keep in mind, all of the media told us an election of Trump would crater the stock markets, he'd get us into wars due to being "unhinged" and mentally unstable.  Our journalists told us to be fearful, and half the country bought what their biases sold.

1. Been proven wrong.
2. SOTU reactions? I must have missed your abhorrence when a conservative Congressional member yelled "You lie!" in the middle of Obama's a few years ago

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1054 on: May 16, 2020, 10:10:12 AM »
great great post elon!  i feel much better already

Still waiting on your answers

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #1055 on: May 16, 2020, 10:19:24 AM »
2. SOTU reactions? I must have missed your abhorrence when a conservative Congressional member yelled "You lie!" in the middle of Obama's a few years ago

I guess you’re not able to grasp the context of what you’re responding to. So allow me to help -  all the issues Democrats claim to care so deeply about, metrics that were all undeniably positive and great for our country and various socioeconomic classes, yet no Dem could bring themselves to even pretend to celebrate those accomplishments.

Actually, I’m sure you do understand very well, so you try to change context of the argument because there’s no other viable defense your side has.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1056 on: May 16, 2020, 10:29:21 AM »
I guess you’re not able to grasp the context of what you’re responding to. So allow me to help -  all the issues Democrats claim to care so deeply about, metrics that were all undeniably positive and great for our country and various socioeconomic classes, yet no Dem could bring themselves to even pretend to celebrate those accomplishments.

Actually, I’m sure you do understand very well, so you try to change context of the argument because there’s no other viable defense your side has.

Steel workers and farmers likely disagree with your assessment. But I will say the economy was doing splendid and happily celebrated that.
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1057 on: May 16, 2020, 10:32:43 AM »
Scoop beer summit at Mo’s Irish Pub in Tosa today?

Jackson’s Blue Ribbon has to be thrilled right now. I would’ve thought it was ridiculous but at least respected it if the press conference they held went something like, “We don’t think we should have to stay closed while people 5 miles west of us can open up so we’re opening up.” But to stand up there and say, “The Supreme Court said we could open!” Uhh, nope!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 10:34:57 AM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #1058 on: May 16, 2020, 10:34:20 AM »
Steel workers and farmers likely disagree with your assessment. But I will say the economy was doing splendid and happily celebrated that.

Ask steel workers and farmers in one, five, ten years...after new trade deals that got done.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1059 on: May 16, 2020, 10:41:14 AM »
Ask steel workers and farmers in one, five, ten years...after new trade deals that got done.

Ok I'll ask in ten years and I envision this'll be my opening line: "I know you lost your farm/house but look the massive conglomerate that you sold your farm to is making more money. I call that a success!"
Maigh Eo for Sam

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1060 on: May 16, 2020, 11:04:03 AM »
1. Been proven wrong.

Whataboutism.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1061 on: May 16, 2020, 11:13:10 AM »
Whataboutism.

Dang right that was my response because the initial was intellectual dishonesty

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1062 on: May 16, 2020, 11:22:45 AM »

Especially the ones at Fox News, the Wall Street Journal, the Chicago Tribune, The Hill, the Washington Times, Breitbart, OAN, the Federalist and the National Review, not to mention Rush Limbaugh and his cohorts in the world of talk radio. They've hated Trump from the start.
And thanks for bringing unrelated politics into the thread.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #1063 on: May 16, 2020, 11:46:47 AM »
Do you want this thread locked?  Because this is how you get threads locked.

Stick to Wisconsin issues, please.
After Topper's post, 9 more posts (not counting Wade's beer summit post, as it relates to Wisconsin). 

Those in Wisconsin, what's a fair percentage of bars that actually opened v. bars that decided they still won't open after the WISCOTUS ruling?
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1064 on: May 16, 2020, 12:11:14 PM »
Oops....was trying to type to fast and mixed misstated what I was thinking...60-70% was available ventilators since we were talking about severe case.  But love the link you sent with the regional breakouts, much more useful now that it’s a county by county decision on if they’re going to reopen

What is funny is after looking at your link, mine was a link on that page.  haha.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1065 on: May 16, 2020, 02:26:59 PM »
Mike

I agree. The ideas that a) Scoopers want the economy to collapse, b) Scoopers value $ over lives and c) Scoopers want MU to lose basketball games are ALL preposterous.

Reasonable response, Lenny.

Trolling to be ignored.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #1066 on: May 16, 2020, 02:43:11 PM »
Whataboutism at its finest.

I've already said I thought DeBlasio has done a poor job; he has never been my cup of tea. Pelosi had very limited power to do anything about the pandemic. Murphy, I don't know enough about.

For a guy who claims to not like President Pandemic, hoopaloop jr., you sure do find lots of interesting ways to defend him.

Have a lovely evening.

You and others have been doing nothing about whataboutism for months.  How am I defending him?  His response has been mostly terrible.  In my opinion the leadership of others has also been terrible.

President Obama left this country with very few N95 masks despite the depletion on his watch.  Fact checked.   Why didn't the previous administration replenish the masks and not leave us in the hole we are in?  I'm not partisan, you are.  Many people, govt's (local, state, federal) have failed us both present and past.  You don't seem to want to acknowledge this

Obama administration did not replenish millions of N95 masks   https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/04/03/fact-check-did-obama-administration-deplete-n-95-mask-stockpile/5114319002/

About "75 percent of N95 respirators and 25 percent of face masks contained in the CDC's Strategic National Stockpile (∼100 million products) were deployed for use in health care settings over the course of the 2009 H1N1 pandemic response," and later with hurricanes in 2010 and 2014.   They were not replaced during the Obama or Trump administrations. 

This is one of a number of examples of failed leadership past and present.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1067 on: May 16, 2020, 03:09:04 PM »
You and others have been doing nothing about whataboutism for months.  How am I defending him?  His response has been mostly terrible.  In my opinion the leadership of others has also been terrible.

President Obama left this country with very few N95 masks despite the depletion on his watch.  Fact checked.   Why didn't the previous administration replenish the masks and not leave us in the hole we are in?  I'm not partisan, you are.  Many people, govt's (local, state, federal) have failed us both present and past.  You don't seem to want to acknowledge this

Obama administration did not replenish millions of N95 masks   https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/04/03/fact-check-did-obama-administration-deplete-n-95-mask-stockpile/5114319002/

About "75 percent of N95 respirators and 25 percent of face masks contained in the CDC's Strategic National Stockpile (∼100 million products) were deployed for use in health care settings over the course of the 2009 H1N1 pandemic response," and later with hurricanes in 2010 and 2014.   They were not replaced during the Obama or Trump administrations. 

What are you talking about?  You've never voted for a single republican in your life.  You are the definition of partisan.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1068 on: May 16, 2020, 03:38:22 PM »

Like TPP?  Oops!

NAFTA 2.0 which really didn't change much of anything at all.  TPP had more things in it that changed Canada & Mexico trade.  NAFTA 2.0 is watered down TPP agreements that .Mexico and Canada already agreed too which is why it took no time to reach an agreement.  Obama already got ta them to agree.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1069 on: May 16, 2020, 04:46:55 PM »

Hoopaloopin'.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1070 on: May 16, 2020, 05:17:08 PM »
What are you talking about?  You've never voted for a single republican in your life.  You are the definition of partisan.

It's really hard to maintain a lie, eventually people forget.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #1071 on: May 17, 2020, 10:02:46 AM »
The thread lives.

🏀

• All American

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #1074 on: May 17, 2020, 07:57:42 PM »
https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2020/05/16/covid-19-cases-spike-but-wisconsin-crowds-kind-done-all/5207558002/

Fake news.

We saw more cases because we have massively ramped up testing. Corona incubation is usually 3 to 4 days. Then first testing an extra day or two at least for people to go out and get tested. Then another day for tests to be reported.

Thursdays effect won't be seen until at least wednesday