collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 318239 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #1025 on: May 15, 2020, 03:28:11 PM »
Some are just willing to completely fook up the economy and everything else to oust the president. Whatever it takes, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1026 on: May 15, 2020, 03:29:48 PM »
Some are just willing to completely fook up the economy and everything else to oust the president. Whatever it takes, aina?
He fooked it up just fine without any help.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1027 on: May 15, 2020, 03:37:20 PM »

Counterpoint: The president was handed a golden opportunity to lead the country through a crisis and come out looking like a hero locked in on a second term.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1028 on: May 15, 2020, 03:40:49 PM »
Yup.    An opportunity for greatness.    Missed.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1029 on: May 15, 2020, 03:45:20 PM »

Nothing to do with the Prez, just trying to save some old folks, aina?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1030 on: May 15, 2020, 04:16:58 PM »

It’s a vast conspiracy by the left wing media and their partners in Asia, Europe, South America and whatever other countries that have had shutdowns.  It’s impressive in its scope.  Kudos to the conspirators in getting some republican governors onboard
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1031 on: May 15, 2020, 05:25:59 PM »
Counterpoint: The president was handed a golden opportunity to lead the country through a crisis and come out looking like a hero locked in on a second term.

Exactly. He had the same oppurtunity that governors had.

The ones who were proactive all have 60%-80% approval ratings. They ALL were honest and empathetic. Very simple. That is all it takes.

Trump lied and refused to acknowledge suffering. He used the virus as an excuse to attack all those that he is paranoid about. He, and only he is responsible for people's opinions on the job he has done.

My pet peeve? People saying libs want to destroy the economy to get him. Utter nonsense. Democrats do not want to lose loved ones to the virus. Democrats do not want to lose their jobs to the virus. Democrats do not want to lose their businesses to the virus. Democrats do not want to lose their life savings to the virus. But his supporters have to blame someone.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1032 on: May 15, 2020, 07:41:00 PM »
If y'all believe its sustainable to live under government rule, y'all are nuckin' futs, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1033 on: May 15, 2020, 07:43:54 PM »
Which has nothing to do with your last statement.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1034 on: May 15, 2020, 07:50:55 PM »
If y'all believe its sustainable to live under government rule, y'all are nuckin' futs, hey?

Define "government rule."

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1035 on: May 15, 2020, 08:04:34 PM »
We have an ideology that wants to tear down government.   That party is in charge when the biggest pandemic in a century lands on us.   The need for competent government leadership at the federal level has never been higher.  But maybe I am wrong.

4ever, I call on you to make the case that the federal policies and leadership has been effective, timely, or even adequate.   Instead of one liners, make the case in favor of the federal response.   Show us how good it has been.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1036 on: May 15, 2020, 08:07:44 PM »
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 09:47:40 PM by mu_hilltopper »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1037 on: May 15, 2020, 08:14:36 PM »

You've lived your entire life under government rule.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #1038 on: May 15, 2020, 09:04:51 PM »
Hey! Ur a goofball eh?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1039 on: May 15, 2020, 09:51:34 PM »
Exactly. He had the same oppurtunity that governors had.

Jockey

I know you’ve been a huge fan of Democrat (and a couple of Republican) governors throughout the past 2 months and most of their approval ratings remain high - but it ain’t over ‘til it’s over. Let’s see what Cuomo’s numbers are  after people chew on his (just recently rescinded) edict to return infected patients to nursing homes while the Converted Javit’s Center and cruise ship went unused. New Jersey, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Massachusetts and others that are among the least successful containing the virus. If their infection numbers don’t get better soon I expect their approval numbers will suffer. On the other hand, Georgia and Florida governors have taken a lot of heat for opening too soon/not being restrictive enough. If those concerns prove prophetic those guys are in trouble. If not?

I guess my point is that we’re in maybe the 4th or 5th innings of (at least) a double header. Approval and disapproval may prove fleeting as conditions on the ground change.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1040 on: May 15, 2020, 10:07:48 PM »
Jockey

I know you’ve been a huge fan of Democrat (and a couple of Republican) governors throughout the past 2 months and most of their approval ratings remain high - but it ain’t over ‘til it’s over. Let’s see what Cuomo’s numbers are  after people chew on his (just recently rescinded) edict to return infected patients to nursing homes while the Converted Javit’s Center and cruise ship went unused. New Jersey, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Massachusetts and others that are among the least successful containing the virus. If their infection numbers don’t get better soon I expect their approval numbers will suffer. On the other hand, Georgia and Florida governors have taken a lot of heat for opening too soon/not being restrictive enough. If those concerns prove prophetic those guys are in trouble. If not?

I guess my point is that we’re in maybe the 4th or 5th innings of (at least) a double header. Approval and disapproval may prove fleeting as conditions on the ground change.

I don’t disagree, Lenny.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #1041 on: May 15, 2020, 10:49:45 PM »
We have an ideology that wants to tear down government.   That party is in charge when the biggest pandemic in a century lands on us.   The need for competent government leadership at the federal level has never been higher.  But maybe I am wrong.

4ever, I call on you to make the case that the federal policies and leadership has been effective, timely, or even adequate.   Instead of one liners, make the case in favor of the federal response.   Show us how good it has been.

This is why I keep saying it would not have mattered who is in charge, especially during an election year.

Nancy Pelosi, two spots from the presidency and an ideology of big, strong government is telling constituents in March to party on in Chinatown.  New York officials with nursing homes or telling people to ride the subways, attend parades, eat at restaurants.  Joe Biden saying how xenophobic it was to shut down travel to and from China.  Our party is so consumed with political correctness how many months before we did the same thing or closed the border?

In my opinion you are ignoring, especially in an election year, how either party would have acted and the examples are right in front of you.

“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1042 on: May 15, 2020, 10:56:20 PM »
Some of the same people who get upset if anybody suggests there might be a few Scoopers who want to lose basketball games so MU will dump Wojo think nothing of saying some of us are willing to lose half of our life savings (or more) just so the U.S. can dump Trump.

Sorry, but as much as I dislike President Pandemic, I'd rather the economy recover.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1043 on: May 15, 2020, 11:15:49 PM »
Some of the same people who get upset if anybody suggests there might be a few Scoopers who want to lose basketball games so MU will dump Wojo think nothing of saying some of us are willing to lose half of our life savings (or more) just so the U.S. can dump Trump.

Sorry, but as much as I dislike President Pandemic, I'd rather the economy recover.

Same, I'm not trading my soul for money.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #1044 on: May 15, 2020, 11:23:23 PM »

Can you explain Pelosi, DeBlasio, Murphy, and other actions in February and March?  Same time frames as the Federal Gov’t and same terrible decisions.  Some of the decisions based on not wanting to appear racist, and others economic.  They are our leaders, too, and we cannot ignore them and pretend all levels and all ideologies made decisions then and still to this day that are puzzling.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1045 on: May 15, 2020, 11:34:44 PM »
Can you explain Pelosi, DeBlasio, Murphy, and other actions in February and March?  Same time frames as the Federal Gov’t and same terrible decisions.  Some of the decisions based on not wanting to appear racist, and others economic.  They are our leaders, too, and we cannot ignore them and pretend all levels and all ideologies made decisions then and still to this day that are puzzling.

Whataboutism at its finest.

I've already said I thought DeBlasio has done a poor job; he has never been my cup of tea. Pelosi had very limited power to do anything about the pandemic. Murphy, I don't know enough about.

For a guy who claims to not like President Pandemic, hoopaloop jr., you sure do find lots of interesting ways to defend him.

Have a lovely evening.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1046 on: May 15, 2020, 11:42:42 PM »
This is why I keep saying it would not have mattered who is in charge, especially during an election year.

Nancy Pelosi, two spots from the presidency and an ideology of big, strong government is telling constituents in March to party on in Chinatown.  New York officials with nursing homes or telling people to ride the subways, attend parades, eat at restaurants.  Joe Biden saying how xenophobic it was to shut down travel to and from China.  Our party is so consumed with political correctness how many months before we did the same thing or closed the border?

In my opinion you are ignoring, especially in an election year, how either party would have acted and the examples are right in front of you.

Weird.

If it was truly your party, you'd know it's been demonstrated many times that Biden did not call the china travel restrictions xenophobic.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1047 on: May 16, 2020, 12:43:42 AM »

The federal government is making terrible decisions today. That isn’t the close to the same timeframe.

But hey. Election year. Political suicide. Both sides. Did I hit all the points?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1048 on: May 16, 2020, 06:50:44 AM »
https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/hosp-data.htm

This was the link I was referring to.  Breaks it down to beds available by region.  Also, your 60-70% number is at odds with their data.

edit:  Just checked into a bit more, and it looks like the link I posted is about a week out of date... so don't use it.   ;D
edit2: wait, nope, it's fine to use.

Oops....was trying to type to fast and mixed misstated what I was thinking...60-70% was available ventilators since we were talking about severe case.  But love the link you sent with the regional breakouts, much more useful now that it’s a county by county decision on if they’re going to reopen

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #1049 on: May 16, 2020, 08:20:43 AM »
Jockey

Bolded is false.