collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 318188 times)

pbiflyer

• All American
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #950 on: May 14, 2020, 03:03:12 PM »
Anecdotal evidence .. we often go up north to a cabin .. the tavern on the lake has a Facebook page which announced the stay-at-home order was overturned and the bar would be open at 7pm.

That is crap, real bars opened at 7AM
The Press Box
We are open tomorrow (Thursday) and ready for you starting 7am!! Then it’s DOUBLE BUBBLE 3:30-5:30. Friday night it’s DUB BUB till 7pm, then at 8 $10 BEER BUFFET starts as well as LADIES NIGHT $15 AYCD

https://www.facebook.com/thepressboxfdl/posts/3160803243953056
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 03:19:54 PM by pbiflyer »

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #951 on: May 14, 2020, 03:09:48 PM »
Kenosha County, closed. Walworth County, open.

Lake Geneva and Lake Delevan?

Mostly Illinois people, anyway.
Have some patience, FFS.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #952 on: May 14, 2020, 03:10:30 PM »
It just says she's a nurse, nothing about covid patients.

And the tavern league really runs the state.

I ain't the doxxing type of person, but her public F'Book profile says she does...

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #953 on: May 14, 2020, 03:19:05 PM »
I ain't the doxxing type of person, but her public F'Book profile says she does...

Pretty sure some folks are the doxxing type and she's starting to feel the pinch. Some of her socials are going dark.

Something about playing games of suspect intelligence and winning prizes of suspect intelligence? I swear there's a nicer saying about that.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #954 on: May 14, 2020, 03:58:35 PM »
Pretty sure some folks are the doxxing type and she's starting to feel the pinch. Some of her socials are going dark.

Something about playing games of suspect intelligence and winning prizes of suspect intelligence? I swear there's a nicer saying about that.

Can you doxx yourself when you willingly give your name and profession to a news reporter?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #955 on: May 14, 2020, 06:18:25 PM »
Not a lot of masks or distancing in those pictures.

Have you ever tried to drink beer through an N95?  All foam bro!  Not good at all.

Keithtisbarf

• Walk-On
« Reply #956 on: May 14, 2020, 06:22:04 PM »
I don’t feel comfortable going about the past normal way of life yet. I’m going to continue to shelter in place regardless of WI opening back up.

Warrior2008

• Starter
« Reply #957 on: May 14, 2020, 07:30:36 PM »
The idea of forcing the whole state into one policy was tantamount to shoving a square peg into a circle hole, it just wasn't reasonable given the relative density differences between parts of the state.  Other states, namely Illinois, divided the state up into multiple regions that in my opinion seem more practical for people to grasp and doesn't hold the state hostage to just one metro area turning into a hot zone.

What I'm more concerned with is what does this do for managing the second wave next winter which will piggyback on our regular flu season?  I have little faith in the legislature and the governor working together, much less around an election year that involves Trump.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #958 on: May 14, 2020, 07:58:01 PM »
The idea of forcing the whole state into one policy was tantamount to shoving a square peg into a circle hole, it just wasn't reasonable given the relative density differences between parts of the state.  Other states, namely Illinois, divided the state up into multiple regions that in my opinion seem more practical for people to grasp and doesn't hold the state hostage to just one metro area turning into a hot zone.

What I'm more concerned with is what does this do for managing the second wave next winter which will piggyback on our regular flu season?  I have little faith in the legislature and the governor working together, much less around an election year that involves Trump.

This is why a nationwide policy of shutting down that some wanted is lacking creativity and thoughtfulness. 
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #959 on: May 14, 2020, 08:15:21 PM »
This is why a nationwide policy of shutting down that some wanted is lacking creativity and thoughtfulness.

need some policies in place for the places that are open. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #960 on: May 14, 2020, 08:16:57 PM »

That’s what happens when the federal government is run by a conman
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #961 on: May 14, 2020, 08:22:09 PM »

I hope you are right and I am wrong, Topper.

But with what Vos and Fitzgerald have already done to take away Evers powers even before his inauguration, I think this is just a continuation of those efforts. This battle is about way more than Covid.

It sure is hell is, International. You can bet your tidy whities it has been since day one, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #962 on: May 14, 2020, 08:35:46 PM »
That’s what happens when the federal government is run by a conman

A nationwide shutdown was not possible because of our system, despite what the conman wanted to initially do he was not constitutionally allowed to.  The list of people supporting such a shut down, on both sides, was long anyway. 

The Federal Gov't includes three branches.  Throw in the state govt's, the city and county govt's, and there are con men and women as far as the eye can see.

— Plato

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #963 on: May 14, 2020, 08:36:30 PM »
Tavern league is a joke. Needs to go away

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #964 on: May 14, 2020, 08:38:05 PM »
A nationwide shutdown was not possible because of our system, despite what the conman wanted to initially do he was not constitutionally allowed to.  The list of people supporting such a shut down, on both sides, was long anyway. 

The Federal Gov't includes three branches.  Throw in the state govt's, the city and county govt's, and there are con men and women as far as the eye can see.

It was magically going to disappear.  Abject failure by the executive branch.  Will go down in history as the greatest failure by a president ever.  But he fights

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #965 on: May 14, 2020, 08:38:47 PM »
Tavern league is a joke. Needs to go away

As someone intimately involved, I agree 100%

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #966 on: May 14, 2020, 08:43:02 PM »
As someone intimately involved, I agree 100%

Just pisses me off. They directly negatively effect drunk driving and feel no shame about it.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #967 on: May 14, 2020, 08:44:15 PM »
It was magically going to disappear.  Abject failure by the executive branch.  Will go down in history as the greatest failure by a president ever.  But he fights

Considering who writes history, you are correct.  Should that be the case?   I haven't been entirely impressed by local and state leadership either.  Cuomo was a saint two weeks ago and Desantis the idiot, how things change and can change back again.  This whole thing has not been a very good look in how gov't helps or solves problems for the people on any level, by any party or any ideology. 
— Plato

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #968 on: May 14, 2020, 08:44:30 PM »

Time, obviously.  I haven't gone full doom and gloom, I'm just sick of how predictable stupid people are.  You know damn well that there aren't enough hospital beds in rural Wisconsin to deal with any sort of Covid outbreak.  So where are they going to go?  Blue counties.  Where the hospitals are. 

So while all of the stupids get to go out and go drinking with their friends, our hospital workers that have been pulling insane hours get to continue dealing with the ensuing mess.  They're paying for these idiot's inability to understand that what they're doing is dangerous.  And its fine, because if you call them heroes enough you can still spit in their faces by opening at this point in time. 

I don't care if people go fishing, golf, or do whatever is reasonably safe.  I'm not advocating for a continued total shut down, but opening up the flood gates like this is a recipe for disaster.  I'm sorry if that is inconvenient to hear, but Christ, you guys sound and act like a bunch of spoiled teenagers.

Hospital workers pulling insane hours?  NYC sure, I can’t think of one hospital I’ve spoken with in the entire state that was been forced to work insane hours.  Quite the opposite actually.  They’ve had furloughs and pay cuts everywhere.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #969 on: May 14, 2020, 08:46:06 PM »
Considering who writes history, you are correct.  Should that be the case?   I haven't been entirely impressed by local and state leadership either.  Cuomo was a saint two weeks ago and Desantis the idiot, how things change and can change back again.  This whole thing has not been a very good look in how gov't helps or solves problems for the people on any level, by any party or any ideology.

I’d love to see “History According to Cheeks.” That’d be an interesting read.

Trump wrote his own history.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #970 on: May 14, 2020, 08:47:41 PM »

Time, obviously.  I haven't gone full doom and gloom, I'm just sick of how predictable stupid people are.  You know damn well that there aren't enough hospital beds in rural Wisconsin to deal with any sort of Covid outbreak.  So where are they going to go?  Blue counties.  Where the hospitals are. 

So while all of the stupids get to go out and go drinking with their friends, our hospital workers that have been pulling insane hours get to continue dealing with the ensuing mess.  They're paying for these idiot's inability to understand that what they're doing is dangerous.  And its fine, because if you call them heroes enough you can still spit in their faces by opening at this point in time. 

I don't care if people go fishing, golf, or do whatever is reasonably safe.  I'm not advocating for a continued total shut down, but opening up the flood gates like this is a recipe for disaster.  I'm sorry if that is inconvenient to hear, but Christ, you guys sound and act like a bunch of spoiled teenagers.

And if a couple weeks of time will make this all of a sudden more tolerable why wouldn’t we stay locked down even longer then the 26th to make it even better?  Is Evers putting the economy in front of human lives by not locking down til there’s a readily available vaccine?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #971 on: May 14, 2020, 08:52:34 PM »
And if a couple weeks of time will make this all of a sudden more tolerable why wouldn’t we stay locked down even longer then the 26th to make it even better?  Is Evers putting the economy in front of human lives by not locking down til there’s a readily available vaccine?

Evers is trying to reach the goals the president set for reopening our country. And now our president is Tweeting about how great this is for Wisconsin when we did not reach the goals he set.

Great leadership!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #972 on: May 14, 2020, 09:04:27 PM »
https://wbbm780.radio.com/articles/suburban-nurse-seen-maskless-in-wisconsin-bar

The nurse’s employer wants to have a conversation with her.....

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #973 on: May 14, 2020, 09:36:10 PM »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #974 on: May 14, 2020, 10:01:12 PM »
Kenosha County back open