collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 318187 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #925 on: May 14, 2020, 12:42:45 PM »
Kenosha County, closed. Walworth County, open.

Look at the map, it will likely be blue closed, red open.  Then they'll start showing up at the hospitals in blue areas.

So they're blue problems no matter what.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #926 on: May 14, 2020, 12:54:49 PM »
Look at the map, it will likely be blue closed, red open.  Then they'll start showing up at the hospitals in blue areas.

So they're blue problems no matter what.

Eeyore's back, i see.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #927 on: May 14, 2020, 12:58:10 PM »
Eeyore's back, i see.

REALITY IS BACK ON THE MENU, BOYS!

Or should I have have said, "Unnecessary"?  Or, are you the only afforded that sort of judgement?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #928 on: May 14, 2020, 01:04:37 PM »
REALITY IS BACK ON THE MENU, BOYS!

Or should I have have said, "Unnecessary"?  Or, are you the only afforded that sort of judgement?

What is different about today, May 14 and May 26?  Nothing. 

You've gone full doom and gloom and it hasn't been 24 hours.  Just stay safe in Dane Co and we'll all be fine.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 01:10:56 PM by ZiggysFryBoy »

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #929 on: May 14, 2020, 01:10:17 PM »
Took a drive today to get out of the house, and noticed there is now a COVID testing station on the former Bradley Center site.

I thought about getting one just to say I had a test in the same spot Novak beat ND from.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #930 on: May 14, 2020, 01:13:02 PM »
What is different about today, May 14 and May 26?  Nothing. 

You've gone full doom and gloom and it hasn't been 24 hours.  Just stay sage in Dane Co and we'll all be fine.

Time, obviously.  I haven't gone full doom and gloom, I'm just sick of how predictable stupid people are.  You know damn well that there aren't enough hospital beds in rural Wisconsin to deal with any sort of Covid outbreak.  So where are they going to go?  Blue counties.  Where the hospitals are. 

So while all of the stupids get to go out and go drinking with their friends, our hospital workers that have been pulling insane hours get to continue dealing with the ensuing mess.  They're paying for these idiot's inability to understand that what they're doing is dangerous.  And its fine, because if you call them heroes enough you can still spit in their faces by opening at this point in time. 

I don't care if people go fishing, golf, or do whatever is reasonably safe.  I'm not advocating for a continued total shut down, but opening up the flood gates like this is a recipe for disaster.  I'm sorry if that is inconvenient to hear, but Christ, you guys sound and act like a bunch of spoiled teenagers.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #931 on: May 14, 2020, 01:33:27 PM »

Time, obviously.  I haven't gone full doom and gloom, I'm just sick of how predictable stupid people are.  You know damn well that there aren't enough hospital beds in rural Wisconsin to deal with any sort of Covid outbreak.  So where are they going to go?  Blue counties.  Where the hospitals are. 

So while all of the stupids get to go out and go drinking with their friends, our hospital workers that have been pulling insane hours get to continue dealing with the ensuing mess.  They're paying for these idiot's inability to understand that what they're doing is dangerous.  And its fine, because if you call them heroes enough you can still spit in their faces by opening at this point in time. 

I don't care if people go fishing, golf, or do whatever is reasonably safe.  I'm not advocating for a continued total shut down, but opening up the flood gates like this is a recipe for disaster.  I'm sorry if that is inconvenient to hear, but Christ, you guys sound and act like a bunch of spoiled teenagers.

I'd also say it would be significantly better if individuals wore appropriate masks and maintained distance. But they won't.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #932 on: May 14, 2020, 01:43:11 PM »
I'd also say it would be significantly better if individuals wore appropriate masks and maintained distance. But they won't.

That's what I mean.  Even drinks outside with people separated is fine.  But indoor bars at full capacity?  Simply a terrible idea.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #933 on: May 14, 2020, 01:50:03 PM »
Slim. slim chance.

0% chance that Vos and Fitzgerald will agree to what Evers wants (wonder if Vos will be wearing his hazmat suit when he talks on the phone to the governor).

2% chance that Evers will agree on a Vos plan.

This is not about Covid. It is about taking power from Evers.

I'm gonna disagree.

Evers' plan -- and most governors' plans -- are based on a theory of minimizing risk to "some level."

I hate to use the word "reasonable" .. but reasonable people can disagree with Evers' what "some level" is -- and it's obvious that as the days go on, we learn more, we tolerate more, we relax rules more.

I guarantee you, Evers has advisors who have debated more granular rules across geographic regions, which is (I think) the main adjustment the GOP side wants.  -- And frankly, I think Evers is wrong to hold on to the one-size-fits-all rules. 

Break the state into X regions and fine tune the regs.  (Yes, I know, easier said than done, but nothing is easy.)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #935 on: May 14, 2020, 01:53:12 PM »

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #936 on: May 14, 2020, 02:01:20 PM »
I thought about getting one just to say I had a test in the same spot Novak beat ND from.

Will never forget that game or that night.  There was a brutal storm in Chicago and my cable went out.  Went to a bar last second with a friend.   Of patrons paying attention to game,  it was 75% Notre Dame fans.

Cannot believe I did not get my ass kicked after Novak hit that shot.  As I recall,  I was over the top.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #937 on: May 14, 2020, 02:02:30 PM »
https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/2020/05/14/tony-evers-gop-lawmakers-meet-after-supreme-court-ruling-on-coronavirus-orders/5189390002/

Man .. the ruling yesterday is such a hand grenade. 

I mean, before people were (mostly) following one guideline from the state.  Today each city and county can announce their own rule -- but apparently even those rules may be "illegal."

So the biggest catastrophe is that .. it's everyone for themselves now.  Even if the legislature and Evers unified .. the toothpaste is out of the tube and a chunk of Wisconsinites are just going to do whatever because nothing is legitimate anymore.

Utter chaos.  We have the governance we richly deserve.    Job well done, everyone.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #938 on: May 14, 2020, 02:03:24 PM »
Some of these wisco bars just absolutley packed hours after the ruling. These people are just jokes

Eldon

• All American

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #940 on: May 14, 2020, 02:32:00 PM »
WI bars PACKED

https://www.yahoo.com/news/open-immediately-wisconsinites-head-bars-115226028.html

"At Lenny's Tap, about a mile and a half away, four employees wearing masks served about 20 patrons who stopped by for a drink. Owner Marty Leonhard said the bar's beer distributor had already delivered two shipments by 8 p.m."

Hmmm...

reinko

• All American
« Reply #941 on: May 14, 2020, 02:33:14 PM »
What could wrong w/ a nurse who treat COVID patients, immediately going out to bar???

https://www.tmj4.com/news/coronavirus/west-allis-bars-rush-to-reopen-after-stay-at-home-order-overturned

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #942 on: May 14, 2020, 02:35:04 PM »

I'm gonna disagree.

Evers' plan -- and most governors' plans -- are based on a theory of minimizing risk to "some level."

I hate to use the word "reasonable" .. but reasonable people can disagree with Evers' what "some level" is -- and it's obvious that as the days go on, we learn more, we tolerate more, we relax rules more.

I guarantee you, Evers has advisors who have debated more granular rules across geographic regions, which is (I think) the main adjustment the GOP side wants.  -- And frankly, I think Evers is wrong to hold on to the one-size-fits-all rules. 

Break the state into X regions and fine tune the regs.  (Yes, I know, easier said than done, but nothing is easy.)

I hope you are right and I am wrong, Topper.

But with what Vos and Fitzgerald have already done to take away Evers powers even before his inauguration, I think this is just a continuation of those efforts. This battle is about way more than Covid.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #943 on: May 14, 2020, 02:36:23 PM »
What could wrong w/ a nurse who treat COVID patients, immediately going out to bar???

https://www.tmj4.com/news/coronavirus/west-allis-bars-rush-to-reopen-after-stay-at-home-order-overturned

It just says she's a nurse, nothing about covid patients.

And the tavern league really runs the state.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #944 on: May 14, 2020, 02:40:34 PM »
WI bars PACKED

https://www.yahoo.com/news/open-immediately-wisconsinites-head-bars-115226028.html

There may be some good news here. I have asked dozens of my Democratic friends if they would consider going out to newly opened bars or restaurants. Exactly zero people said yes. They also said that even in the foreseeable future, they will not associate with people that do.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #945 on: May 14, 2020, 02:49:07 PM »
“I have a toddler at home and I’m a full-time nurse so it’s been very stressful and hard to not be able to go out and be with my friends and family at the bars,” Koutski said.

The oppression!

We have a really unhealthy relationship with alcohol in this state.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #946 on: May 14, 2020, 02:49:39 PM »

There may be some good news here. I have asked dozens of my Democratic friends if they would consider going out to newly opened bars or restaurants. Exactly zero people said yes. They also said that even in the foreseeable future, they will not associate with people that do.

What did your Republican friends say?  Or do you have any?  Lol.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #947 on: May 14, 2020, 02:52:51 PM »
I'm getting confused on our rules, and what are overburdensome restrictions on peoples lives.

Requiring someone to wear a mask to stop the spread of a deadly virus: OVERLY Burdensome and a violation of our rights.

Drinking a beer at the age of 18: Too dangerous to allow for the safety of the nation. Violators will be prosecuted.

Shutting down bars, to stop the spread of a deadly virus during a pandemic: OVERLY Burdensome and a violation of our rights.

Smoking a joint in the privacy of your own home: Too dangerous to allow for the safety of the nation. Violators will be prosecuted, and their ability to get financial aid, a job, etc., ruined.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #948 on: May 14, 2020, 02:53:08 PM »
What did your Republican friends say?  Or do you have any?  Lol.

Did someone check the hipster coffee shops?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #949 on: May 14, 2020, 02:59:18 PM »
Not a lot of masks or distancing in those pictures.

Want to know why the government has to get involved in shut downs/quarantines vs letting individuals decide?

This. This is why.

feedback