collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 318246 times)

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #700 on: April 19, 2020, 05:28:59 PM »
This is misleading. There are no pronounced second wave spikes in any of the major infected countries in Europe. South Korea has had positive retests but they don’t know if that’s virus duration or testing failure.

Japan is concerning, but Hokkaido for example, had a lockdown period shorter than the US already has experienced (much less into May) and their schools opened after basically a month.

Singapore’s issue is with migrant workers who live in a cramped crowded conditions and were never really tested to begin with. I think they are like 2/3 of the cases in total in Singapore.

Second waves merit caution, but it’s not some widespread unavoidable issue, especially not given the US’s measures and strategies thus far

On Friday Italy recorded 3,786 new infections - a 4 day high.
But I like to throw handfuls...

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #701 on: April 19, 2020, 05:30:12 PM »
Where are you seeing the increased testing? It has been about 150k a day for quite a while. To make a statistical difference that would have to increase quite a bit.
I have been using a couple sites for numbers but I am open for better reporting sites for info.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #702 on: April 19, 2020, 06:02:08 PM »
Where are you seeing the increased testing? It has been about 150k a day for quite a while. To make a statistical difference that would have to increase quite a bit.
I have been using a couple sites for numbers but I am open for better reporting sites for info.

I was referring mostly to clearing backlogs of old tests.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #703 on: April 19, 2020, 06:38:55 PM »
I was referring mostly to clearing backlogs of old tests.

OK, thanks!

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #704 on: April 19, 2020, 09:21:39 PM »
Watching an interview .. Wisconsin's unemployment rate is going up 1% every 3 days and is expected to hit 20% on May 1st.   The height is predicted to be 27%.

Jaw dropping.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #705 on: April 19, 2020, 09:27:44 PM »
Watching an interview .. Wisconsin's unemployment rate is going up 1% every 3 days and is expected to hit 20% on May 1st.   The height is predicted to be 27%.

Jaw dropping.

This might be better an in "economy thread," but honestly, how long does it take to unwind something like that?

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #706 on: April 19, 2020, 10:42:44 PM »
This might be better an in "economy thread," but honestly, how long does it take to unwind something like that?

I (optimistically) think that half the people laid off will get back to work by September.   The next quarter of people will take a year.  The final quarter will be recover like the 2008 recession .. 200-400k per month for years.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #707 on: April 20, 2020, 02:50:09 PM »
The Badger Bounce Back Plan was announced today.  Don't know exactly what this means and how long it will take to move through the phases...

https://content.govdelivery.com/attachments/WIGOV/2020/04/20/file_attachments/1431305/Badger%20Bounce%20Back%20PlanFINAL.pdf
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #708 on: April 20, 2020, 02:55:16 PM »
Considerin' weave all takin' a major Warrior Wallop, it'el bee a long whyel, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #709 on: April 20, 2020, 02:56:34 PM »
Considerin' weave all takin' a major Warrior Wallop, it'el bee a long whyel, aina?

You'll be fine, Ricky Stratton.

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #710 on: April 20, 2020, 04:04:56 PM »
The Badger Bounce Back Plan was announced today.  Don't know exactly what this means and how long it will take to move through the phases...

https://content.govdelivery.com/attachments/WIGOV/2020/04/20/file_attachments/1431305/Badger%20Bounce%20Back%20PlanFINAL.pdf

This should have been released with the extended safer at home date.  would have cleared things up a lot better. 

reinko

• All American
« Reply #711 on: April 20, 2020, 04:09:34 PM »

Jaw dropping.

This also (I imagine) includes gig workers like my retired dad who drives Uber, who never qualified for UI before, but now does.  I am not unemployed truther by any means, but it certainly has to be a factor.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #712 on: April 20, 2020, 04:12:34 PM »
This should have been released with the extended safer at home date.  would have cleared things up a lot better. 

I agree.  I think last weeks order may have been rushed to get out ahead of the President.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #713 on: April 20, 2020, 04:17:35 PM »

Badgers don't do anything fast, hey

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #714 on: April 20, 2020, 04:24:05 PM »
Badgers don't do anything fast, hey

Bravo!  Well done.

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #715 on: April 20, 2020, 08:01:22 PM »

I agree.  I think last weeks order may have been rushed to get out ahead of the President.

That was a huge mistake by Evers then.  You come and say you are evaluating the outline put forth by the president and will come up with the next steps for Wisconsin asap.  Shows you are putting thought into it.
Not that difficult. 

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #716 on: April 20, 2020, 08:12:21 PM »
That was a huge mistake by Evers then.  You come and say you are evaluating the outline put forth by the president and will come up with the next steps for Wisconsin asap.  Shows you are putting thought into it.
Not that difficult.

Jazzed about the plan.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #717 on: April 21, 2020, 04:24:51 PM »
Both UW Health and Meriter, 2 of the big 3 hospital/medical groups in Madison announced salary reductions for doctors and execs today, plus hour reductions for staff.  Revenue is plummeting from the lack of procedures and lack of COVID patients (the latter is a good thing.)

https://wkow.com/2020/04/21/unitypoint-health-announces-hours-reductions-limited-furloughs-pay-cuts/

https://wkow.com/2020/04/21/paycuts-for-uw-health-doctors-senior-leaders-reduction-in-hours-announced/

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #718 on: April 21, 2020, 04:44:43 PM »
Both UW Health and Meriter, 2 of the big 3 hospital/medical groups in Madison announced salary reductions for doctors and execs today, plus hour reductions for staff.  Revenue is plummeting from the lack of procedures and lack of COVID patients (the latter is a good thing.)

https://wkow.com/2020/04/21/unitypoint-health-announces-hours-reductions-limited-furloughs-pay-cuts/

https://wkow.com/2020/04/21/paycuts-for-uw-health-doctors-senior-leaders-reduction-in-hours-announced/

Just bad management.

Prepare for Covid, stock up on PPE for Covid, and then run the hospital as you normally would until it is necessary to restrict non-essential surgery. If, and when that happens, you have everything in place to deal with the virus.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #719 on: April 21, 2020, 04:52:24 PM »

I don't think WI restricted elective procedures (and maybe that wasn't your point) - this is because people didn't want to get them, or the hospitals themselves decided to cut them out.
https://www.facs.org/covid-19/legislative-regulatory/executive-orders
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 04:56:34 PM by rocky_warrior »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #720 on: April 21, 2020, 05:04:01 PM »
I don't think WI restricted elective procedures (and maybe that wasn't your point) - this is because people didn't want to get them, or the hospitals themselves decided to cut them out.

I was just sharing the news.  UW hospital is a level 1 trauma center.  Meriter is one of 2 maternity units in madison.  Its just news, presented with no underlying comments.

I think Froedert and some of the Milwaukee area health systems are having issues too, but i could be wrong.  Unleash and bo's masseuse can comment on that.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #721 on: April 21, 2020, 05:51:16 PM »

Wisconsin didn't order the end of elective procedures but they consume PPE, take up beds that were converted to Covid beds and expand contact circles. Are you guys saying that hospitals shouldn't preserve PPE, prepare for the surge(another one?) and limit interactions?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #722 on: April 21, 2020, 06:06:31 PM »
Wisconsin didn't order the end of elective procedures but they consume PPE, take up beds that were converted to Covid beds and expand contact circles. Are you guys saying that hospitals shouldn't preserve PPE, prepare for the surge(another one?) and limit interactions?

I didn't say that.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #723 on: April 21, 2020, 06:10:14 PM »
I didn't say that.

So how is it bad management?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #724 on: April 21, 2020, 06:15:20 PM »

This is a trap question, but I like it.