collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 318230 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #600 on: April 18, 2020, 01:43:03 PM »

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #601 on: April 18, 2020, 01:43:17 PM »
Personally I believe we need to stay shut and follow the federal guidelines for reopening.  But it's incredibly callous to not recognize the damage that these safer at home orders are doing to people's lives.  Especially if you live in areas outside of Madison and Milwaukee where the majority of the state's cases are.  We have no idea what these protestors do for a living, but if you've lost your job or had your small business decimated because of this(like me), you would be upset too.  Now I'm not going out there to protest nor would I want my family to, but I do recognize that every day we stay shut, the economic devastation starts to rival the health costs of the virus itself.  I'm not saying its an easy decision one way or the other, but its not a slam-dunk like a few people out there seem to think.  That goes for both sides of the argument too.

At the very least, in announcing May 26th as his date, I would've liked to hear the Governor provide his reasoning as to that specific date and what the state is going to do in the meantime to meet that target for reopening.  Give people the science behind your reasoning as to why the 26th is say better than the 15th or the 11th.  Tell people how you are going to procure adequate tests in that timeframe.  But he provided none or very little of that.

I don’t disagree with you. But going out and protesting about it is a stupid way to respond and may actually do more harm than good.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #602 on: April 18, 2020, 01:43:26 PM »
Personally I believe we need to stay shut and follow the federal guidelines for reopening.  But it's incredibly callous to not recognize the damage that these safer at home orders are doing to people's lives.  Especially if you live in areas outside of Madison and Milwaukee where the majority of the state's cases are.  We have no idea what these protestors do for a living, but if you've lost your job or had your small business decimated because of this(like me), you would be upset too.  Now I'm not going out there to protest nor would I want my family to, but I do recognize that every day we stay shut, the economic devastation starts to rival the health costs of the virus itself.  I'm not saying its an easy decision one way or the other, but its not a slam-dunk like a few people out there seem to think.  That goes for both sides of the argument too.

At the very least, in announcing May 26th as his date, I would've liked to hear the Governor provide his reasoning as to that specific date and what the state is going to do in the meantime to meet that target for reopening.  Give people the science behind your reasoning as to why the 26th is say better than the 15th or the 11th.  Tell people how you are going to procure adequate tests in that timeframe.  But he provided none or very little of that.

Very fair points.

• All American
« Reply #603 on: April 18, 2020, 01:43:56 PM »
The virus.

I mean...duh.

Rocket has just gone off the deep end the last couple of days.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #604 on: April 18, 2020, 02:06:48 PM »
Isn’t it ironic?

I see people today demanding that their state be opened back up protesting from inside their cars.

I see people today demanding that their state be opened back up wearing masks.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #605 on: April 18, 2020, 02:18:13 PM »
Oh to be able to be soooo wrong about a model or projection is rich. If trump came out with numbers this far off, as an “expert” no less, we know what comes next.  Let’s see, originally the death rate was pegged at over 2.2 million, then 600,000, then 120,000 and now...maybe 60-80.000?

Classic ending with the personal attack though-you’re keeping Saul proud

You are both wrong and right on this.  The same for those attacking you.

The models were wrong, the Univ of Washington, CDC, and others stated so this week.  Why were they wrong?  Data keeps changing.  Testing.  Social distancing worked and brought the numbers down.

There is no question social distancing and stay at home has brought the numbers down.

Where you are right is in areas that have not chosen to go to those extremes the cases are higher, but nowhere on the trajectory the original models had predicted.

As is often the case here, both sides have a point and the answer is somewhere not quite with the extreme opinions of both dug in parties.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

tower912

• All American
« Reply #606 on: April 18, 2020, 02:34:23 PM »
We won't know how many cases there are/were until there is universal testing.   I have little doubt that the number of Americans who currently have antibodies  reaches 8 figures.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #607 on: April 18, 2020, 03:32:50 PM »
There’s a protest of dozen happening in Genoa City at the state line. They’re next to the northbound lanes.

Mostly Trump flags.

They can all be thinned out by the looks of it.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #608 on: April 18, 2020, 03:52:41 PM »
There’s a protest of dozen happening in Genoa City at the state line. They’re next to the northbound lanes.

Mostly Trump flags.

They can all be thinned out by the looks of it.

So you're saying they have a lot of comorbidities.

• All American
« Reply #609 on: April 18, 2020, 04:14:36 PM »
This is from California but still....

Boone

• All American
« Reply #610 on: April 18, 2020, 04:15:48 PM »
careful what you wish for lady...you may get both real soon

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #611 on: April 18, 2020, 04:24:40 PM »
This is from California but still....

Incredible...i just noticed that 31 is part of their logo

reinko

• All American
« Reply #612 on: April 18, 2020, 04:41:22 PM »
Oh man, you should check out the FedEx and Tostitos logos next  8-)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #613 on: April 18, 2020, 05:05:44 PM »
I mean...duh.

Rocket has just gone off the deep end the last couple of days.

When someone can’t realize sarcasm, and I’ve gone off the deep end?  Hot damn I’ll use teal next time!!  Holy fu#*@#**$#  me
don't...don't don't don't don't

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #614 on: April 18, 2020, 05:07:18 PM »
Anybody know where I can pick up some DNR bracelets?  Thinking about driving by these "protests" (hilarious that some of them are protesting to open up the state while wearing a mask...) and tossing them out to these people.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #615 on: April 18, 2020, 05:15:29 PM »
But it's incredibly callous to not recognize the damage that these safer at home orders are doing to people's lives. .

There are people not recognizing this?

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #616 on: April 18, 2020, 05:44:11 PM »
Incredible...i just noticed that 31 is part of their logo

That is stunning it took you that long to realize it. I’ve known it since.....reading your post.  ;D
Off to go look at my bag of tostitos.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #617 on: April 18, 2020, 06:13:23 PM »
That is stunning it took you that long to realize it. I’ve known it since.....reading your post.  ;D
Off to go look at my bag of tostitos.

I just noticed too.
But I've never been to a Baskin Robbins before.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #618 on: April 18, 2020, 06:33:51 PM »
Confederate flags out at the protests in Brookfield today. So proud of my hometown.

Embarrassing.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #619 on: April 18, 2020, 06:54:44 PM »
Confederate flags out at the protests in Brookfield today. So proud of my hometown.

Embarrassing.

Maybe they were from Southern Brookfield?  ;D

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #620 on: April 18, 2020, 07:03:48 PM »

Embarrassing.

Did you actually see one?  No mention from the on scene Journal/Sentinel reporter:

“Many in the protest brought American and Gadsden flags along with homemade signs, with the bulk calling for the reopening of churches, the parks and the state economy. There were signs and T-shirts protesting Gov. Evers directly, along with Donald Trump and Mike Pence 2020 campaign signs, flags and bumper stickers.“

The reason I ask is a friend who drove through on Bluemound sent me video and said “at least no one had a Confederate flag.” 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 07:05:58 PM by Sir Lawrence »
Ludum habemus.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #621 on: April 18, 2020, 07:08:13 PM »
the traitor flag was there
But I like to throw handfuls...

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #622 on: April 18, 2020, 07:14:12 PM »
the traitor flag was there

Dang.  That’s so terribly ugly. 
Ludum habemus.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #623 on: April 18, 2020, 07:24:10 PM »
This is mike Wallace question to Nancy pelosini -either she is losing it like uncle joe, is disingenuous, is completely tone deaf and they call potus a dictator??

Mike Wallace:
People are taking to the streets, pushing back against some of the more stringent restrictions in some states," Wallace said during the interview, which is set to air Sunday on Fox News Channel. "Can you understand why they're doing that?"

Pelosi responded: "No, not, not really because what we have to do is, is, is shelter in place. That is really the answer."

Is is is is is is is
don't...don't don't don't don't

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #624 on: April 18, 2020, 07:30:05 PM »
Didn’t mike Wallace die in 2012