collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 318213 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #525 on: April 16, 2020, 02:15:46 PM »
One other item of note from the Gov today : Golf courses may open .. but need online payment and scheduling tweaks to keep social distance.

It is time to start having legit conversations about ALL low-risk outdoor activities.   Golf isn't the only activity that should be OK.
e

Here, here May 1 is write 'round da korner, aina?

"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #526 on: April 16, 2020, 02:20:58 PM »
Those discussions need to start taking place everywhere.   Construction.  Landscaping.   Nurseries.   Offices with a small number of employees and low foot traffic.    Nobody WANTS this shutdown to go one day love her than it needs to.   But figuring out the proper balance is well nigh impossible.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #527 on: April 16, 2020, 02:28:35 PM »
Good thing is that he can rescind the order if things are looking good by then.  Now, if he tried tacking on two more weeks to 5/11... imagine the outrage.

IMO, better to be on the safe side, and get good news, than to appear reckless and have to extend for two additional weeks.

Not a bad point.  I also think Evers is playing politics here.  Maybe the Legislature makes a fuss, files a lawsuit, and its gets shortened to May 10.  Then if there are problems afterwards, he can point the finger of blame elsewhere.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #528 on: April 16, 2020, 02:29:44 PM »
e

Here, here May 1 is write 'round da korner, aina?

Pretty hard to do outdoor fookin' and maintain a safe social distance ai''na?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #529 on: April 16, 2020, 02:31:12 PM »

Sheep are not known carriers.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #530 on: April 16, 2020, 02:54:45 PM »
Nobody WANTS this shutdown to go one day love her than it needs to.   But figuring out the proper balance is well nigh impossible.

I love auto-correct.   ;D

MU82

• All American
« Reply #531 on: April 16, 2020, 02:55:36 PM »
Those discussions need to start taking place everywhere.   Construction.  Landscaping.   Nurseries.   Offices with a small number of employees and low foot traffic.    Nobody WANTS this shutdown to go one day love her than it needs to.   But figuring out the proper balance is well nigh impossible.

Yup.

One other item of note from the Gov today : Golf courses may open .. but need online payment and scheduling tweaks to keep social distance.

It is time to start having legit conversations about ALL low-risk outdoor activities.   Golf isn't the only activity that should be OK.

Double yup.

Tennis for example. I guess I could understand not allowing play at courts in which folks have to line up outside waiting for a court to clear, but even there you could pretty easily implement social distancing. Otherwise, it's two people with a tennis ball. Make it so those 2 people have to know each other, if you want, but it's a ridiculous activity to ban.

There are ways to gradually open up things, and it is inevitable. We can't keep the country closed forever. All of us could sit down and list businesses that should be allowed to open, even if with some restrictions.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #532 on: April 16, 2020, 03:02:46 PM »
Yup.

Double yup.

Tennis for example. I guess I could understand not allowing play at courts in which folks have to line up outside waiting for a court to clear, but even there you could pretty easily implement social distancing. Otherwise, it's two people with a tennis ball. Make it so those 2 people have to know each other, if you want, but it's a ridiculous activity to ban.

There are ways to gradually open up things, and it is inevitable. We can't keep the country closed forever. All of us could sit down and list businesses that should be allowed to open, even if with some restrictions.

Tennis requires shared use of equipment - golf does not. I think the issue will come to overcrowding. On golf courses it's easy to minimize size at one time since there are tee times. Now if bike trails and such can have people sign up for times to use and control how many people are in an area we're good. But if Karen and Bill can't keep their distances and crowds form, time to lock em down again.
But I like to throw handfuls...

tower912

• All American
« Reply #533 on: April 16, 2020, 03:03:27 PM »
I love auto-correct.   ;D

Oops.   Awesome.   Going to leave it there because it is funnier.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #534 on: April 16, 2020, 03:44:13 PM »
Tennis requires shared use of equipment - golf does not. I think the issue will come to overcrowding. On golf courses it's easy to minimize size at one time since there are tee times. Now if bike trails and such can have people sign up for times to use and control how many people are in an area we're good. But if Karen and Bill can't keep their distances and crowds form, time to lock em down again.

I get where you're coming from, I really do.  But we live in a world full of risks and need to navigate them constantly.

Yes, a shared tennis ball is a risk -- but frankly, it's VERY tiny.    Golfing, yes, people might grab the flag, but again, very small risk. 

The goal shouldn't be to get infections down to zero: that's a fantasy.   

The first 95% is hard enough.  The last 5% is just brutal and people will revolt.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #535 on: April 16, 2020, 03:49:27 PM »
Plus you are often playing with known contacts - at some point, we do need to be able to expand circles of people who are appropriately practicing social distancing. Such as my hair stylist...

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #536 on: April 16, 2020, 04:26:52 PM »
Plus you are often playing with known contacts - at some point, we do need to be able to expand circles of people who are appropriately practicing social distancing. Such as my hair stylist...

40+ years of no buzz cuts might be going out the window soon.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #537 on: April 16, 2020, 04:46:29 PM »

I get where you're coming from, I really do.  But we live in a world full of risks and need to navigate them constantly.

Yes, a shared tennis ball is a risk -- but frankly, it's VERY tiny.    Golfing, yes, people might grab the flag, but again, very small risk. 

The first 95% is hard enough.  The last 5% is just brutal and people will revolt.

Probably the smartest thing said here.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #538 on: April 16, 2020, 05:00:29 PM »
Tennis requires shared use of equipment

This:

Yes, a shared tennis ball is a risk -- but frankly, it's VERY tiny.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #539 on: April 16, 2020, 05:11:23 PM »
Local hospitals in Madison area think whatever the “surge” was or is, is over. Will start doing elective items next week with testing on everyone.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #540 on: April 16, 2020, 05:23:46 PM »
You're more likely to die on your way to playing tennis then you are to die from COVID from the ball. Come off it.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #541 on: April 16, 2020, 05:26:14 PM »
Expound up that May 10th date. Why?
Question number 24 in this thread that he can't answer.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #542 on: April 16, 2020, 05:57:29 PM »
You're more likely to die on your way to playing tennis then you are to die from COVID from the ball. Come off it.

You think it’s coincidence that the virus emoji looks just like a tennis ball

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #543 on: April 16, 2020, 05:58:22 PM »
You think it’s coincidence that the virus emoji looks just like a tennis ball

Bruh you gotta keep dat shyt in the conspiracy thread!

Thats a juicy one.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #544 on: April 16, 2020, 06:35:48 PM »
Somebody told me that hair salons can have one customer in at a time under this new Safer at Home order.  Has anybody seen/heard that?  I found the release on the Safer at Home order and it specifically says hair, nail, etc. salons to be closed, but I'm not sure if this is the new order or not (I think it is, because it mentions curbside pickup for libraries, which I believe is new).
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #545 on: April 16, 2020, 06:46:02 PM »

Knot four us dudes wit long Johnsons, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #546 on: April 16, 2020, 07:26:13 PM »
I love that we're literally at peak infections and people are clamoring to open things back up.  And 1 week after Wisconsin made international news for the idiocy for setting aside shelter-in-place guidelines and holding an election. You're 2-3 weeks from being able to measure the fallout from that vote.

It's like the state is trying to win a Darwin Award.

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
« Reply #547 on: April 16, 2020, 08:07:46 PM »
Going to be an interesting week in Wisconsin.  Our hospital is seeing many patients improve/get extubated.  previously primary care providers were unable to test patients unless they were immunocompromised or critically ill.  I received an email from the state lab today stating that all health care providers should test everyone effective today, including patients with mild disease.   Looks like we can finally test everyone which is what is needed to get everything up and running again. 
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #548 on: April 16, 2020, 08:08:45 PM »
Going to be an interesting week in Wisconsin.  Our hospital is seeing many patients improve/get extubated.  previously primary care providers were unable to test patients unless they were immunocompromised or critically ill.  I received an email from the state lab today stating that all health care providers should test everyone effective today, including patients with mild disease.   Looks like we can finally test everyone which is what is needed to get everything up and running again.

Great news. Hopefully it lasts. Stay healthy, you and everyone.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

bananahammock

• Starter
« Reply #549 on: April 16, 2020, 08:20:14 PM »
From a mke hospital worker...
Good news: haven’t had anything close to a surge of Covid patients.

Bad news: lack of demand = over staffed. Started furloughing workers.

feedback