collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 318266 times)

WarriorDad

• All American
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #500 on: April 15, 2020, 06:25:06 PM »
Tony Evans (sic) responds to protestors in Wisconsin for closing parks.  He is taking the right approach, but how patient will people be in the long run?

https://www.newsweek.com/wisconsin-coronavirus-state-parks-protest-governor-evers-1497945

CNN saying today this could go until 2022.  There will be riots in this country if it goes that long. 
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #501 on: April 15, 2020, 06:45:12 PM »
Ballot harvesting is their concern.

Is there any proof of fraud with this act?

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #502 on: April 15, 2020, 06:45:27 PM »
I mean social distancing to what extent? No way in hell we r doing stay at home order till 2022. Seems like a worst case scenario but really any level of social distancing till 22 is a complete nightmare. Absolute horror show.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #503 on: April 15, 2020, 07:15:38 PM »
Tony Evans (sic) responds to protestors in Wisconsin for closing parks.  He is taking the right approach, but how patient will people be in the long run?

https://www.newsweek.com/wisconsin-coronavirus-state-parks-protest-governor-evers-1497945

CNN saying today this could go until 2022.  There will be riots in this country if it goes that long.

No, CNN is not saying this could go until 2022.
CNN (and many other news outlets) reported on a study that says "intermittent" social distancing would be necessary until 2022 "unless a vaccine or better therapeutics becomes available, or we increase our critical care capacity."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/14/health/social-distancing-research-coronavirus-2022-trnd/index.html

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #504 on: April 15, 2020, 07:17:59 PM »
I mean social distancing to what extent? No way in hell we r doing stay at home order till 2022. Seems like a worst case scenario but really any level of social distancing till 22 is a complete nightmare. Absolute horror show.

Yeah, much worse than going over the top at Verdun!

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #505 on: April 15, 2020, 08:00:37 PM »
Ballot harvesting is their concern.
"Moderate Democrat" spouts right-wing talking point after right-wing talking point.  Weird.

What's a chicos?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #506 on: April 15, 2020, 09:20:54 PM »
Is there any proof of fraud with this act?

Historically?  Yes.  Republican in North Carolina won an election  for the US House of Representatives in 2018 in part to ballot harvesting which later overturned the election result.  Democrats were not happy.  In California is legal, and Republicans were not happy.  Both sides have benefited or been hurt.

https://lawandcrime.com/2020-election/republican-operatives-were-behind-some-of-the-most-egregious-ballot-harvesting-frauds-of-recent-memory/

“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #507 on: April 15, 2020, 09:46:57 PM »
Historically?  Yes.  Republican in North Carolina won an election  for the US House of Representatives in 2018 in part to ballot harvesting which later overturned the election result.  Democrats were not happy.  In California is legal, and Republicans were not happy.  Both sides have benefited or been hurt.

https://lawandcrime.com/2020-election/republican-operatives-were-behind-some-of-the-most-egregious-ballot-harvesting-frauds-of-recent-memory/

Both sides!!!!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #508 on: April 15, 2020, 11:06:51 PM »

It really isn't even close to what CNN said. If you have to make things up to score points, you've lost before the opening tip.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #509 on: April 15, 2020, 11:49:41 PM »

Got it.

So, everyone mails in their own ballot. That prevents ballot harvesting. Boom, problem solved and no one should have an issue with mail-in voting.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #510 on: April 16, 2020, 01:06:10 PM »
Evers' WI stay at home extended to May 26th.  all schools closed. 

(this was Evers' decision, i hope it is ok to say that it came from him.)

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #511 on: April 16, 2020, 01:10:17 PM »
Not surprising. Always thought 6/1 felt like the day. Companies like mine that can work remote will likely be asked to continue past then.

Golfing opened as a way to stop Vos and Co from being ignorant pricks (though golfing should have always been allowed tbh). I will be taking my 3 year old golfing to get him outside, don't @ me.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #512 on: April 16, 2020, 01:13:41 PM »
Golfing opened as a way to stop Vos and Co from being ignorant pricks (though golfing should have always been allowed tbh). I will be taking my 3 year old golfing to get him outside, don't @ me.

@GB Warrior I'm jealous you get to take your kid out golfing.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #513 on: April 16, 2020, 01:27:04 PM »
Evers' WI stay at home extended to May 26th.  all schools closed. 

(this was Evers' decision, i hope it is ok to say that it came from him.)

his legal line is may 10-anything beyond has to be voted on.  hopefully we have enough pols with their testicles intact to do the right thing and tell tony to go take another nap
don't...don't don't don't don't

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #514 on: April 16, 2020, 01:29:22 PM »
his legal line is may 10-anything beyond has to be voted on.  hopefully we have enough pols with their testicles intact to do the right thing and tell tony to go take another nap

Expound up that May 10th date. Why?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #515 on: April 16, 2020, 01:32:36 PM »

That’s the spirit!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #516 on: April 16, 2020, 01:38:18 PM »
As if there are any right answers at the moment.   It is all one giant rancid pile of suck. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #517 on: April 16, 2020, 01:40:55 PM »

What's the address of your practice?  I'll let Tony know to send the sick folks your way.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #518 on: April 16, 2020, 01:49:34 PM »

I'm trying to figure out exactly how we have gotten to the point where making people less safe is a sign of manliness.  But here we are I guess...

Anyway, apparently there are conflicting laws regarding the length of time an order can be in place for.  The governor's order apparently can sunset on May 10, but the order by the department of health services can be extended infefinately.

That being said, this feels a couple of weeks too long to me.  I was thinking May 11.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #519 on: April 16, 2020, 01:55:11 PM »
That being said, this feels a couple of weeks too long to me.  I was thinking May 11.

I was as well, but I'd rather be a couple weeks too long than too short.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #520 on: April 16, 2020, 02:04:23 PM »
One other item of note from the Gov today : Golf courses may open .. but need online payment and scheduling tweaks to keep social distance.

It is time to start having legit conversations about ALL low-risk outdoor activities.   Golf isn't the only activity that should be OK.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #521 on: April 16, 2020, 02:10:03 PM »
What's the address of your practice?  I'll let Tony know to send the sick folks your way.

53590- land of fruits n nuts-i realize you may be tight with a lot of "sick people"  it's the coronavirus that we are concerned about though
don't...don't don't don't don't

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #522 on: April 16, 2020, 02:10:52 PM »
Okay, May 26th, then.  As others have said, it feels two weeks too long, but here we are.  Let’s hope over the next couple weeks the Midwestern governors start actually outlining what solutions for a reopening in June will look like as opposed to just staying mum and then extending it to June 15th in mid-May.  These lockdowns are not sustainable.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #523 on: April 16, 2020, 02:12:25 PM »
  53590- land of fruits n nuts-i realize you may be tight with a lot of "sick people"  it's the coronavirus that we are concerned about though

I award you points for the sick people comment, but zero for not giving out my zip instead of yours.

Don't be a coward... since you're not afraid.  ;D

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #524 on: April 16, 2020, 02:14:01 PM »
I'm trying to figure out exactly how we have gotten to the point where making people less safe is a sign of manliness.  But here we are I guess...

Anyway, apparently there are conflicting laws regarding the length of time an order can be in place for.  The governor's order apparently can sunset on May 10, but the order by the department of health services can be extended infefinately.

Good thing is that he can rescind the order if things are looking good by then.  Now, if he tried tacking on two more weeks to 5/11... imagine the outrage.

IMO, better to be on the safe side, and get good news, than to appear reckless and have to extend for two additional weeks.