collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 318308 times)

#UnleashSean

• All American
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #400 on: April 09, 2020, 09:20:48 AM »
The end may be in sight.

Testing out of India and Canada are showing 100% effectiveness while injecting antibodies from a cured patient into an infected one.

Wisconsin is harvesting antibodies now. Not sure when we will start injecting

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #401 on: April 09, 2020, 09:23:48 AM »
WI is reason #1 why mail in voting in November would be a clusterf

Apparently postal workers were returning ballots without postage not knowing no postage was required.

I'm sure if we do mail in ballots (which we should) all postal workers will be properly trained.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #402 on: April 09, 2020, 09:48:03 AM »
The end may be in sight.

Testing out of India and Canada are showing 100% effectiveness while injecting antibodies from a cured patient into an infected one.

That would be awesome.

Can you share any further details? From previous reading and discussions here, it seems some people's antibodies are more effective than others; is there any testing going on around this in terms of harvesting?

Also, is it scalable? I saw that one person can provide enough antibodies for four treatments.  But how often can a person donate?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #403 on: April 09, 2020, 10:06:27 AM »
That would be awesome.

Can you share any further details? From previous reading and discussions here, it seems some people's antibodies are more effective than others; is there any testing going on around this in terms of harvesting?

Also, is it scalable? I saw that one person can provide enough antibodies for four treatments.  But how often can a person donate?

Now, a Canadian team is testing what happens when critically ill patients receive a recovered patient’s immune cells. Similar testing is already underway in Asia and the United States, where a few very small studies have shown that patients who received doses of antibodies recovered enough to stop relying on ventilators. However, those studies are far from conclusive.

And I wouldn't say the end is near, given this timeline

The study could be completed in three months with data by the end of the year. In the absence of a vaccine, which some doctors have projected could take up to a year to test and create, this therapy could potentially be used to give frontline healthcare workers immunity as they work to save lives.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/can-antibodies-from-recovered-patients-help-people-with-covid-19-1.4887510

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #404 on: April 09, 2020, 10:09:15 AM »
The end may be in sight.

UW is in the process. https://www.channel3000.com/uw-health-to-use-superpower-antibodies-from-covid-19-survivors-as-potential-treatment/

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #405 on: April 09, 2020, 10:13:02 AM »
One final point about the election.  Having an in-person election during a pandemic was a dumb idea because it unnecessarily endangered the health of many people.

That being said, it seems like the only two municipalities that had long delays were Milwaukee and Green Bay.  And I am pretty confident that Green Bay simply screwed this up and could have had a better process in place.  Milwaukee has had a chronic problem for awhile that was amplified by their restrictions.

I don't think this is being reported very fairly nationally - assuming that the entire state was plagued with delays.  (No pun intended.)
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #406 on: April 09, 2020, 10:55:12 AM »
One final point about the election.  Having an in-person election during a pandemic was a dumb idea because it unnecessarily endangered the health of many people.

That being said, it seems like the only two municipalities that had long delays were Milwaukee and Green Bay.  And I am pretty confident that Green Bay simply screwed this up and could have had a better process in place.  Milwaukee has had a chronic problem for awhile that was amplified by their restrictions.

I don't think this is being reported very fairly nationally - assuming that the entire state was plagued with delays.  (No pun intended.)

I mean, unless the delays are not the real problem...

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #407 on: April 09, 2020, 10:56:19 AM »
Now, a Canadian team is testing what happens when critically ill patients receive a recovered patient’s immune cells. Similar testing is already underway in Asia and the United States, where a few very small studies have shown that patients who received doses of antibodies recovered enough to stop relying on ventilators. However, those studies are far from conclusive.

The study could be completed in three months with data by the end of the year. In the absence of a vaccine, which some doctors have projected could take up to a year to test and create, this therapy could potentially be used to give frontline healthcare workers immunity as they work to save lives.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/can-antibodies-from-recovered-patients-help-people-with-covid-19-1.4887510

I think this timeline can and will be accelerated. The problem is having enough plasma.

I think that can be mitigated by scaleable versions in the works, where we make the antibodies recombinantly, and select only those that are most efficatious. That timeline would be longer, but also may be able to be fast-tracked a bit.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #408 on: April 09, 2020, 10:57:24 AM »

Only two municipalities. But it is not like the two municipalities were Chippewa Falls and Wausau. These are 2 of the 3 biggest population centers in Wisconsin, which means hundreds of thousands were endangered.

It is also 2 of the 3 largest minority communities. If you have only 5 voting locations in the entire city of Milwaukee, you are disenfranchising minority voters. There is no way around it.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 10:59:36 AM by Coleman »

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #409 on: April 09, 2020, 10:58:37 AM »

Thanks for the information, Mr. Vos.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #410 on: April 09, 2020, 11:04:23 AM »
Thanks for the information, Mr. Vos.

I guess you missed the point where I said we shouldn’t have had held the election.

But keep making dipsh*t comments.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #411 on: April 09, 2020, 11:18:36 AM »

I guess you missed the point where I said we shouldn’t have had held the election.

But keep making dipsh*t comments.

Dammit Pontiff, I'm agreeing with you more and more.   :)

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #412 on: April 09, 2020, 11:24:46 AM »
I finally received my absentee ballot today with a note that if it was returned to the mailbox by the 12th, the USPS would postmark it the 7th to ensure my vote counted.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #413 on: April 09, 2020, 11:40:44 AM »
I finally received my absentee ballot today with a note that if it was returned to the mailbox by the 12th, the USPS would postmark it the 7th to ensure my vote counted.

I'm glad you got your ballot, but amazed to see the USPS openly commit mail fraud!

FWIW, it is the right thing to do. 

Also, make sure you take it to the post office, since the return envelope has pre-paid postage, the post office has to manually stamp the date.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #414 on: April 09, 2020, 12:28:15 PM »

Agreed, as I said in the other thread is has to be tested and proven before willy nilly pumping it into people.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #415 on: April 09, 2020, 02:35:46 PM »

This is .. shocking.   Can you tell us more about the note?   Did it look official, or .. ?    Makes no sense this is possible.  What city or zip?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 02:41:12 PM by mu_hilltopper »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #416 on: April 09, 2020, 03:10:24 PM »
This is .. shocking.   Can you tell us more about the note?   Did it look official, or .. ?    Makes no sense this is possible.  What city or zip?

Show your name and address.  And your ballot with an MU hat!

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #417 on: April 09, 2020, 04:25:13 PM »
Vote late, and vote often!

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #418 on: April 09, 2020, 04:43:24 PM »

Milwaukee, 53202.

It was on USPS letterhead, but looked like it was scribbled on by whoever delivered the mail. I live in condo complex so I'm assuming anyone in my building who received their ballot late received the same note.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #419 on: April 09, 2020, 04:53:19 PM »
Milwaukee, 53202.

It was on USPS letterhead, but looked like it was scribbled on by whoever delivered the mail. I live in condo complex so I'm assuming anyone in my building who received their ballot late received the same note.

So .. it was typed up then scribbled on?   Seems like a long message to scribble.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #420 on: April 09, 2020, 05:03:52 PM »
So .. it was typed up then scribbled on?   Seems like a long message to scribble.

It was long.

Edit: I think I'm communicating poorly.. The note was not typed. It was a blank printed letterhead. The entirety of the message was handwritten on that letterhead.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 05:13:41 PM by BM1090 »

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #421 on: April 09, 2020, 05:24:40 PM »
It was long.

Edit: I think I'm communicating poorly.. The note was not typed. It was a blank printed letterhead. The entirety of the message was handwritten on that letterhead.

Got it .. so .. likely a xerox'd copy of the scribble, as you'd think there'd be dozens/hundreds that would need that note.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #422 on: April 13, 2020, 01:55:53 PM »
With the numbers announced this afternoon, WI had the smallest day to day increase in new cases since 3/24.

Good to see. Hopefully we'll avoid a major spike in the next week, after last week's election.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #423 on: April 13, 2020, 07:01:30 PM »
Election results are surprising

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #424 on: April 13, 2020, 07:09:44 PM »
Election results are surprising

They certainly are, but thank God

feedback