collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 318268 times)

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #225 on: April 02, 2020, 04:35:49 PM »
Early voting at Zeilder on Broadway in Milwaukee was jammed packed today. Not great.
\

This is why mailing ballots to everyone is the way to go. Either mail it back or drop it off.
But I like to throw handfuls...

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #226 on: April 02, 2020, 08:07:45 PM »
PSA:  TODAY AT 5PM is the deadline to request a mail-in ballot:

https://myvote.wi.gov/en-US/VoteAbsentee

UPDATE: The deadline has been extended to TOMORROW, Friday April 3rd, 5pm.

https://myvote.wi.gov/en-US/VoteAbsentee

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #227 on: April 03, 2020, 03:36:29 PM »
The state released their modeling today... they landed at a 3-7 week infection peak with a variance of 1100 (440-1500) deaths. It was based on the infection counts doubling every 3.4 days.

I looked at the numbers for this past week. The state 989 cases on 3/27, it doubled yesterday (1730). Milwaukee County was at 549 cases on 3/27, and it was just shy today (1023).

Whether this holds up in the coming weeks, I don't know. This whole thing has conditioned me to expect the worst. But, I'll take hope where I can find it, and I'm hoping we'll see some flattening here locally.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 03:38:12 PM by MUfan12 »

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #228 on: April 03, 2020, 03:38:31 PM »
The state released their modeling today... they landed at a 3-7 week infection peak with a variance of 1100 (440-1500) deaths. It was based on the infection counts doubling every 3.4 days.

I looked at the numbers for this past week. The state 989 cases on 3/27, it doubled yesterday (1730). Milwaukee County was at 549 cases on 3/27, and it was just shy today (1023).

Whether this holds up in the coming weeks, I don't know. This whole thing has conditioned me to expect the worst. But, I'll take hope where I can find it, and I'm hoping we'll see some flattening here locally.

It would flatten a lot more if we postponed the damn election.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #229 on: April 03, 2020, 04:24:58 PM »
It would flatten a lot more if we postponed the damn election.

Evers wants an all absentee election. Reps. won't allow it.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #230 on: April 03, 2020, 04:27:00 PM »
Evers wants an all absentee election. Reps. won't allow it.

Does he have the power to postpone it for a month and continue to negotiate?

Hoping for the best but it sure seems like we're going to have hundreds of thousands of people crammed into small spaces on Tuesday.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #231 on: April 03, 2020, 06:35:48 PM »
Does he have the power to postpone it for a month and continue to negotiate?

Hoping for the best but it sure seems like we're going to have hundreds of thousands of people crammed into small spaces on Tuesday.

Evers said he doesn’t have the power to do it and called a special section for tomorrow. Reps. said no. They will not Meet tomorrow.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #232 on: April 03, 2020, 06:51:32 PM »
3 days before the election he wants a special session?  Did Evers finally wake up from his nap? 

When I voted in person 4 weeks ago, the clerk was concerned.  This was pre-stay at home edict.  Why is he just deciding this is an issue now?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #233 on: April 03, 2020, 06:59:14 PM »
3 days before the election he wants a special session?  Did Evers finally wake up from his nap? 

When I voted in person 4 weeks ago, the clerk was concerned.  This was pre-stay at home edict.  Why is he just deciding this is an issue now?

He’s been trying.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #234 on: April 03, 2020, 07:21:47 PM »
Evers is a figurehead. He can’t even answer media question about a vetoed bill. He didn’t know anything about an open records request seeking his emails being denied.

They had weeks to work on this, and now Friday before Election Day, it’s supposed to be reacheduled just like that. 

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #235 on: April 03, 2020, 07:36:55 PM »
I agree that Evers should have been more vocal about this weeks ago.  I allso agree it isn't unreasonable to ask the Senate and Assembly to act on it now.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

muguru

• All American
« Reply #236 on: April 03, 2020, 10:50:12 PM »
Be grateful Evers is in charge.

Republican lawmakers plan to take up legislation to respond to health and unemployment needs of Wisconsin residents during the coronavirus outbreak in a couple of weeks, but Gov. Tony Evers says that could be too long to wait and he may move forward on his own on some measures.

No rush Reps. just cuz people are dyin'.

SMH...you are really something else
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #237 on: April 04, 2020, 10:36:00 AM »
If yall will get off your political high horses for 10 seconds. Hospitals are now setting up emergency tents all over. Even small towns like Burlington have set them up. The 14 hour shifts are at least going down as more medical help is transferred from clinics and other healthcare facilities.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #238 on: April 04, 2020, 04:46:14 PM »
Evers couldn't find his ass, while looking the mirror, with either hand, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #239 on: April 04, 2020, 06:20:39 PM »
Evers couldn't find his ass, while looking the mirror, with either hand, hey?

Or spell it if ya spot him the first and the last letters
don't...don't don't don't don't

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #240 on: April 05, 2020, 12:01:20 AM »
State wide testing may be coming for everyone sooner rather then later. All those who come back negative will be allowed back out, while those who test positive will be forced into quarantine.

I do not know the specifics of how they will test, or how they will enforce, keep the extent of it. But I was testing procedures today.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #241 on: April 05, 2020, 12:21:14 AM »
State wide testing may be coming for everyone sooner rather then later. All those who come back negative will be allowed back out, while those who test positive will be forced into quarantine.

I do not know the specifics of how they will test, or how they will enforce, keep the extent of it. But I was testing procedures today.

We already have it.

Trump said on March 6th that anyone who wants a test can get a test.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #242 on: April 05, 2020, 12:33:05 AM »

Source?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #243 on: April 05, 2020, 01:03:12 AM »
Source?

Uh, he's in the medical field amd was testing protocold today.  Do you even read, or just go right to negative?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #244 on: April 05, 2020, 01:47:14 AM »
Uh, he's in the medical field amd was testing protocold today.  Do you even read, or just go right to negative?

I'm in the medical field.

I didn't say anything negative. I simply asked for where the information behind his statement came from. I think that's a fair question.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #245 on: April 05, 2020, 09:37:09 AM »

Do we have the testing reagents to do that? I'm... skeptical that we have the capacity to do this.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #246 on: April 05, 2020, 11:54:47 AM »

We were told exactly a month ago by someone a lot higher on the food chain that anybody who wanted a test could get one. You believed it. It was a lie. Just a couple days ago you were saying that anyone in the Racine area could get a test if they wanted one. Of course that was a lie. Your track record of believing these lies has been consistent. So of course you believe this.

But, color me skeptical.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #247 on: April 05, 2020, 12:13:54 PM »
Just got off, so right before I go to bed for a couple hours ill try to answer this as much as I can, which truly won't be much. I'm not very high up the chain.

I'm in the medical field.

I didn't say anything negative. I simply asked for where the information behind his statement came from. I think that's a fair question.

We were told to begin doing testing protocols for a state wide testing. From what I have overheard/rumors going around they are going to test anyone who will be in the workforce.

Do we have the testing reagents to do that? I'm... skeptical that we have the capacity to do this.

Honestly, not sure on this. This is not the same test that we have been using so far. I will say that our hospital, and a couple others my friends have been shifted to, we don't currently have any shortages of anything that tons of people are posting about online. We are however prepping for a much larger amount of people coming in. If you have driven by any hospitals you've probably seen the amount of tents being setup outside.

I also am pretty skeptical of how this testing will be implemented. There was a rumor of people going door to door to do the testing, but that seems logistically pretty crazy to me.

We were told exactly a month ago by someone a lot higher on the food chain that anybody who wanted a test could get one. You believed it. It was a lie. Just a couple days ago you were saying that anyone in the Racine area could get a test if they wanted one. Of course that was a lie. Your track record of believing these lies has been consistent. So of course you believe this.

But, color me skeptical.

Again, we don't have a shortage of tests right now to my knowledge. Do we have one for everyone is the state? Doubtful. We also don't need to be testing everyone in the state if we are all going to stay at home. Most of covid is mild, and another rumor going around is a lot more people have it then we think. It's just not presenting.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #248 on: April 05, 2020, 02:22:40 PM »

But, color me skeptical.

So you are calling unleash a liar. Got it.

If you are that dense that you are missing sarcasm when its slapping you in the face,  well, it just shows how much you miss on everything else too.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #249 on: April 05, 2020, 03:02:16 PM »
So you are calling unleash a liar. Got it.

If you are that dense that you are missing sarcasm when its slapping you in the face,  well, it just shows how much you miss on everything else too.

Of course, I did not call Unleash a liar. I said I was skeptical.

Speaking of dense, I was not the one who believed everyone could get a test even though hospitals and doctors said it wasn't true. You believed it with zero evidence. Kinda the definition of "rube".

feedback