[Today at 06:06:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 05:33:31 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by BLWarrior91
[Today at 05:19:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by burger
[Today at 03:05:13 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Putin  (Read 1960 times)

MU82

• All American
Putin
« on: February 29, 2024, 01:18:22 PM »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
Re: Putin
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2024, 01:19:08 PM »
He is the bad guy.  He has always been the bad guy.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2024, 01:44:09 PM »

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2024, 02:15:06 PM »
Talking about using nukes against America's European allies.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/putin-warns-west-risk-nuclear-war-says-moscow-can-strike-western-targets-2024-02-29/

Talk is cheap.

Unless he wants to be blown off the face of the earth and reduced to radioactive dust, he'll do more talking and less doing.

It's that idiot in North Korea about whom I'm more worried. He's just crazy enough to actually do something incredibly stupid.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2024, 02:31:21 PM »
Worry about Putin, too. He's just mad enough to think that America won't care if, say, Sweden or Hungary are nuked - and plenty of Americans won't.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2024, 02:32:28 PM »
Worry about Putin, too. He's just mad enough to think that America won't care if, say, Sweden or Hungary are nuked - and plenty of Americans won't.

Pure fantasy.  He's not an idiot, nor is he insane.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2024, 03:32:37 PM »

Putin isn’t the problem. It’s the pro-Putin MAGAts who really scare me.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2024, 07:08:47 PM »
Pure fantasy.  He's not an idiot, nor is he insane.

I hope you're right.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2024, 07:15:42 PM »
Talk is cheap.

Unless he wants to be blown off the face of the earth and reduced to radioactive dust, he'll do more talking and less doing.

It's that idiot in North Korea about whom I'm more worried. He's just crazy enough to actually do something incredibly stupid.

Are you Norm Macdonald?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcNDFzzY4K0
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2024, 07:20:05 PM »
Putin isn’t the problem. It’s the pro-Putin MAGAts who really scare me.

seriously??  how about something like say, ohhh, 10 million or more illegals including terrorists, chinese nationals, prisoners, etc weekend at bernies is allowing into our country???  you're worried about a political opposition because they believe differently than you, but no problem with illegals taking resources away from our own veterans and citizens 
don't...don't don't don't don't

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2024, 07:32:09 PM »
  seriously??  how about something like say, ohhh, 10 million or more illegals including terrorists, chinese nationals, prisoners, etc weekend at bernies is allowing into our country???  you're worried about a political opposition because they believe differently than you, but no problem with illegals taking resources away from our own veterans and citizens 

I think the former President is a much bigger threat to the security of this country than the situation at the southern border. I mean, he actively undermined a plan to help fix that problem right...not to mention he doesn't care about the peaceful transition of power as outlined in our Constitution. You remember the Constitution right?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Goose

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2024, 07:34:15 PM »
Sultan

Huh?

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2024, 07:36:03 PM »
Sultan

Huh?

You ask that question a lot. Perhaps you should read out loud what people write to help with your comprehension.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 07:38:22 PM by The Sultan of Semantics »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2024, 07:38:04 PM »
Sultan

I learned that from you and really loved it. That and clown emoji’s were two of your best scoop moments.

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2024, 07:39:37 PM »
Sultan

I learned that from you and really loved it. That and clown emoji’s were two of your best scoop moments.

No. My "Huh" doesn't have a question mark.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2024, 07:43:35 PM »
Sultan

But it does come with an unreal level of arrogance. I truly hope you are this big of a jag off in person because I would respect that. Sadly, you probably are a soft serve in real life.

🤡🤡🤡

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2024, 07:45:05 PM »
Talk 'bout da Constitution? Da Buffoon blatantly ignores it each and every day. Takin' an oath...forgetaboutit, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2024, 07:49:14 PM »
Sultan

But it does come with an unreal level of arrogance. I truly hope you are this big of a jag off in person because I would respect that. Sadly, you probably are a soft serve in real life.

🤡🤡🤡

Huh.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2024, 07:51:13 PM »
Guys, here we have a powerful world leader who would like nothing more than to see America eliminated from the face of the earth. He has done everything in his power to undermine our elections, intimidate democracies in Europe and elsewhere, support U.S. politicians who admire dictators like him, etc. He also helps countries that would like to eliminate Israel from the face of the earth, but somehow that doesn't bother some of the folks who claim to love Israel.

And now, he is threatening to nuke our allies.

But sure ... southern border and clown emojis and all that.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2024, 07:52:01 PM »
Sultan

I said I hope you are this big of a jag off in person because I would respect that. Sadly, I am 100% certain you a soft serve in real life.

Read my post out loud, it might help you comprehend what every person on scoop thinks.

🤡🤡🤡

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2024, 07:57:22 PM »
Sultan

I said I hope you are this big of a jag off in person because I would respect that. Sadly, I am 100% certain you a soft serve in real life.

Read my post out loud, it might help you comprehend what every person on scoop thinks.

🤡🤡🤡

See I didn’t ask a question. This is why you are having trouble with basic reading comprehension. Apparently you don’t understand what a question mark means.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2024, 07:57:46 PM »
I think the former President is a much bigger threat to the security of this country than the situation at the southern border. I mean, he actively undermined a plan to help fix that problem right...not to mention he doesn't care about the peaceful transition of power as outlined in our Constitution. You remember the Constitution right?

you know that commercial that shows eggs in a frying pan...

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2024, 07:58:59 PM »
  you know that commercial that shows eggs in a frying pan...

Hey a forty year old cultural reference!

And it was one egg.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2024, 08:01:28 PM »
Sultan

🤡🤡🤡🤡

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2024, 08:03:48 PM »
Hey a forty year old cultural reference!

And it was one egg.

i was giving you the benefit of doubt, your brain was a double yok'er

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2024, 08:11:29 PM »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2024, 08:20:40 PM »
Guys, here we have a powerful world leader who would like nothing more than to see America eliminated from the face of the earth.

Guess what, Mike? There are a whole bunch of world leaders (many of them with nukes or on the verge of acquiring them) who would like nothing more than to see America eliminated from the face of the earth.

But why worry about them when the true existential threats - climate change and Republicans - are on the loose?

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2024, 08:22:32 PM »
Guess what, Mike? There are a whole bunch of world leaders (many of them with nukes or on the verge of acquiring them) who would like nothing more than to see America eliminated from the face of the earth.

But why worry about them when the true existential threats - climate change and Republicans - are on the loose?

😂😂😂

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2024, 08:25:04 PM »

No, there aren't.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2024, 08:28:12 PM »

Guess we can ask them to nuke the rest?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2024, 08:29:35 PM »

Guess we can ask them to nuke the rest?

Which image is the Republicans?

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2024, 08:32:16 PM »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2024, 08:34:14 PM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2024, 10:53:28 PM »

No there aren't. We need to stop pretending that Putin is just another Idi Amin or something.

With his invasion of a European nation, Putin has spent 2 years now demonstrating that he is much more like Hitler. Except Putin's much more subtle about the way he participates in Jew-killing - which for some strange reason bothers some less than Harvard students' protests.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2024, 12:20:52 AM »
I think my joke was funnier than yours.

We all like the smell of our own farts the best (well I guess I shouldn’t speak for others here)

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2024, 05:27:36 AM »
Love when old-school scoop gets together in one thread

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2024, 05:58:03 AM »
No there aren't. We need to stop pretending that Putin is just another Idi Amin or something.

With his invasion of a European nation, Putin has spent 2 years now demonstrating that he is much more like Hitler. Except Putin's much more subtle about the way he participates in Jew-killing - which for some strange reason bothers some less than Harvard students' protests.

Yeah, but is Putin healthy, active, and robust, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2024, 06:12:09 AM »
These pretzels are making me thirsty
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2024, 08:56:57 AM »

Yeah, but is Putin healthy, active, and robust, hey?

You continue to back antisemites and those who support antisemites. It's really surprising, even for you.

And obviously, Putin is much worse than a Jew-killer.

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2024, 09:20:33 AM »
You continue to back antisemites and those who support antisemites. It's really surprising, even for you.

It’s not that surprising

MU82

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2024, 09:53:37 AM »
From the NYT's "The Morning" e-newsletter ...

Large parts of the Republican Party now treat Vladimir Putin as if he were an ideological ally. Putin, by contrast, continues to treat the U.S. as an enemy.

This combination is clearly unusual and sometimes confusing. It does not appear to stem from any compromising information that Putin has about Donald Trump, despite years of such claims from Democrats. Instead, Trump and many other Republicans seem to feel ideological sympathies with Putin’s version of right-wing authoritarian nationalism. They see the world dividing between a liberal left and an illiberal right, with both themselves and Putin — along with Viktor Orban of Hungary and some other world leaders — in the second category.

Whatever the explanation, the situation threatens decades of bipartisan consensus about U.S. national security.

Already, House Republicans have blocked further aid to Ukraine — a democracy and U.S. ally that Putin invaded. Without the aid, military experts say Russia will probably be able to take over more of Ukraine than it now holds.

If Trump wins a second term, he may go further. He has suggested that he might abandon the U.S. commitment to NATO, an alliance that exists to contain Russia and that Putin loathes. He recently invited Russia to “to do whatever the hell they want” to NATO countries that don’t spend enough on their own defense. (Near the end of his first term, he tried to pull American troops out of Germany, but President Biden rescinded the decision.)

Trump has also avoided criticizing Putin for the mysterious death this month of his most prominent domestic critic, Aleksei Navalny, and has repeatedly praised Putin as a strong and smart leader. In a town hall last year, Trump refused to say whether he wanted Ukraine or Russia to win the war.

There are some caveats worth mentioning. Some skepticism about how much money the U.S. should send to Ukraine stems from practical questions about the war’s endgame. It’s also true that some prominent Republicans, especially in the Senate, are horrified by their party’s pro-Russian drift and are lobbying the House to pass Ukraine aid. “If your position is being cheered by Vladimir Putin, it’s time to reconsider your position,” Senator Mitt Romney of Utah said last month.

But the Republican fascination with Putin and Russia is real. The Putin-friendly faction of the party is ascendant, while some of his biggest critics, like Mitch McConnell, who announced this week that he would step down this year as the Republican Senate leader, will soon retire.

The Senate has passed an additional $60 billion in aid to Ukraine, with both Republican and Democratic support. But the House, which Republicans control, has so far refused to pass that bill. House Speaker Mike Johnson, who is close to Trump, has not allowed a vote on the bill even though it would likely pass if he did.

A few Republicans have gone so far as speak about Ukraine and its president, Volodymyr Zelensky, in ways that mimic Russian propaganda. Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene has accused Ukraine of having “a Nazi army,” echoing language Putin used to justify the invasion.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2024, 11:26:49 AM »

Do you really believe the BOTUS gives a chit about Israel, its people and American Jews? Do you really believe a 2 state solution is possible in the Middle East? Its all about the votes as he tries to saddle the barbed wire fence. More accurately, its a 2 state delusion, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2024, 11:36:26 AM »
wat is botus?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2024, 11:41:00 AM »

Do you really believe the BOTUS gives a chit about Israel, its people and American Jews? Do you really believe a 2 state solution is possible in the Middle East? Its all about the votes as he tries to saddle the barbed wire fence. More accurately, its a 2 state delusion, aina?

He’s just a pawn

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2024, 11:46:12 AM »
wat is botus?

Buffoon of the United States, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2024, 11:48:24 AM »
wat is botus?

The evil genius that’s both a buffoon and masterminding endless conspiracies.  It’s remarkable, really. 

If it sounds like it is hard to keep straight, don’t worry.  It’s great fodder for those feeding the Fox News addled viewers

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2024, 11:50:51 AM »
Speakin' of pawns, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2024, 11:52:04 AM »
Speakin' of pawns, hey?

People that read Mark Levin

MU82

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2024, 11:52:14 AM »
Do you really believe the BOTUS gives a chit about Israel, its people and American Jews?

Unlike Dementia Don, Biden actually cares about people other than the one he sees in the mirror.

Anyhoo, stick to the topic. Why would you possibly have any positive feelings for Putin, who would happily kill you if given the opportunity? Why do you continue to back antisemites, as well as those who solicit support from and give support to antisemites?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2024, 12:03:20 PM »

Biden has been as outspoken of a supporter of Israel for the last 50 years as you're likely to find.

There's no reason to show everyone your ass here, doc.

• All American
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2024, 12:04:53 PM »
Biden has been as outspoken of a supporter of Israel for the last 50 years as you're likely to find.

It's never stopped him before.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2024, 02:33:05 PM »

Buffoon of the United States, hey?

"Because everybody I speak to says how horrible it is, nobody explained to me how allowing millions of people from places unknown, from countries unknown, who don't speak languages," Trump said. "We have languages coming into our country. We have nobody that even speaks those languages. They're truly foreign languages. Nobody speaks them."

And then we wonder why 4Ever sounds like a babbling fool.  ;D

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2024, 02:35:34 PM »
Does Putin winning help the Marquette cause?

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2024, 03:54:48 PM »
Does Putin winning help the Marquette cause?

Let SCOTUS decide.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2024, 05:02:50 PM »
The current president is to be referred to as POTUS as the former president. Show a little respect for the office. That’s part of being an American.

As to Putin, he is evil as were most of his predecessors with the possible exception of Gorbachev and maybe yeltsin. As someone of Eastern European heritage who has been behind the iron curtain in my youth, I pretty much broad brush my distaste for all things Russian. The more I learn about how they abused the USSR satellites until it dissolved deepens my distrust. I don’t understand how Americans can have so rapidly forgotten the lessons of history. We need to confront Putin now and stop his expansionist actions while doing so is manageable. Think how many American lives would have been saved had we done so when hitler started his reign of terror.

In conclusion, IBTL.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2024, 05:35:29 PM »

Wrong, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2024, 06:38:48 PM »
The current president is to be referred to as POTUS as the former president. Show a little respect for the office. That’s part of being an American.

As to Putin, he is evil as were most of his predecessors with the possible exception of Gorbachev and maybe yeltsin. As someone of Eastern European heritage who has been behind the iron curtain in my youth, I pretty much broad brush my distaste for all things Russian. The more I learn about how they abused the USSR satellites until it dissolved deepens my distrust. I don’t understand how Americans can have so rapidly forgotten the lessons of history. We need to confront Putin now and stop his expansionist actions while doing so is manageable. Think how many American lives would have been saved had we done so when hitler started his reign of terror.

In conclusion, IBTL.

Eh, part of being American is having the freedom to call the president a buffoon if you choose to do so while listening to the Milwaukee police scanner

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2024, 08:16:28 PM »
All I know is that this country is in great hands.
Whoever is running it.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2024, 09:58:53 PM »
Source and huh, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2024, 08:46:52 AM »
The "Obama is running the White House", "Musk is a pawn", guy?

The only surprising thing is people believing 4Qver is still capable of a rational discussion.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2024, 09:06:58 AM »

In conclusion, IBTL.

My wife spent the first 19 years of her life in Poland behind the iron curtain and has extreme distrust and near hatred of anything Russian.
She said I'm almost worse than her and  my explanation is I was Rambo-ized in the 1980's.  Being born in late 1969 I was the right age to absorb all that anti-Russian sentiment.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2024, 09:13:59 AM »

In conclusion, IBTL.

Americans forgetting the lessons of history?  Well, to be fair, we’re too stupid a people to learn anyway.  An educated people terrifies a lot of Americans who revel in ignorance

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2024, 09:38:15 AM »
Educated and independent.
Too much herd mentality in this country.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2024, 09:38:46 AM »

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2024, 09:40:22 AM »
Educated and independent.
Too much herd mentality in this country.

Yeah, I can definitely be guilty of that.  I think we all are to a certain degree and it takes discipline to ask why when it comes to your “team”.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2024, 11:38:29 AM »
Unlike Dementia Don, Biden actually cares about people other than the one he sees in the mirror.

seriously???  that's why he took a year to visit ohio train derailment and has opened the spigots at the border for free flow of fentanyl, sex trafficking cartels, and unknown #'s of terrorists.  btw, you see the amounts of garbage and dogs these people are leaving behind??  now they're coming up with "free" everything for non citizens while our true citizens and vets continue to suffer ...yeah so caring

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2024, 12:07:57 PM »

seriously???  that's why he took a year to visit ohio train derailment and has opened the spigots at the border for free flow of fentanyl, sex trafficking cartels, and unknown #'s of terrorists.  btw, you see the amounts of garbage and dogs these people are leaving behind??  now they're coming up with "free" everything for non citizens while our true citizens and vets continue to suffer ...yeah so caring
The border, eh?

Why won't republicans pass the border bill?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2024, 04:23:54 PM »
My wife spent the first 19 years of her life in Poland behind the iron curtain and has extreme distrust and near hatred of anything Russian.
She said I'm almost worse than her and  my explanation is I was Rambo-ized in the 1980's.  Being born in late 1969 I was the right age to absorb all that anti-Russian sentiment.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2024, 05:43:30 PM »

You're not worth it.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2024, 08:01:27 PM »

Sung at every birthday right after the Happy Birthday song!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2024, 08:10:37 AM »

Wrong, hey?

Your hero is about to host Hungary autocrat Viktor Orban - yet another raging antisemite and racist - at his palace in Florida. They'll no doubt discuss how much fun it is to be a dictator, how they can continue to kowtow to Putin, and how your hero definitely isn't an antisemite despite the number of antisemites he wines and dines and supports and seeks support from.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2024, 12:55:24 PM »

This is exactly what's so funny to me about the engineered confusion on the right re confronting Putin.  You don't even have to have been paying attention for the last 35 years to get it right!  "Russian dictator ignores territorial integrity to invade Western ally.  US ally is able to halt Russian aggression while not asking for American troops, only military and economic support.  Should US write check? A. Yes B. No" Like, in what universe over the last two generations is any Republican confused about the correct answer to that question?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2024, 01:09:00 PM »
Your hero is about to host Hungary autocrat Viktor Orban - yet another raging antisemite and racist - at his palace in Florida. They'll no doubt discuss how much fun it is to be a dictator, how they can continue to kowtow to Putin, and how your hero definitely isn't an antisemite despite the number of antisemites he wines and dines and supports and seeks support from.

While he's a toad, I don't think Orban is truly an antisemite.  He's been buddy buddy with Netanyahu for decades and spearheaded a lot of Holocaust related memorials and revisionist history about Hungary's treatment of Jews during WW2.  I do think he's a racist nativist, but not so much an antisemite.  Funny enough, I actually think he's very much like Trump, an opportunist who will curry favor.  He's obsessed with hating his fellow countryman Soros and indulges every crazy theory about him and others who also hate him.

Both of them are very much "enemy of my enemy is my bestie", even if said mutual enemy is a scumbag.  Its certainly not an endorsement of ol corrupt Vik, but a distinction I think is worthwhile.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2024, 01:52:05 PM »
While he's a toad, I don't think Orban is truly an antisemite.  He's been buddy buddy with Netanyahu for decades and spearheaded a lot of Holocaust related memorials and revisionist history about Hungary's treatment of Jews during WW2.  I do think he's a racist nativist, but not so much an antisemite.  Funny enough, I actually think he's very much like Trump, an opportunist who will curry favor.  He's obsessed with hating his fellow countryman Soros and indulges every crazy theory about him and others who also hate him.

Both of them are very much "enemy of my enemy is my bestie", even if said mutual enemy is a scumbag.  Its certainly not an endorsement of ol corrupt Vik, but a distinction I think is worthwhile.

Like the former president, Orban has used language similar to Hitler’s. Jewish organizations would disagree that it’s not antisemitic.

I agree with the rest of your post.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2024, 01:54:30 PM »

Basically, “I don’t hate him because he’s Jewish but I will use his Jewish identity to slander him at every opportunity.” Cynical antisemitism, really. But not because he truly hates every Jewish person. Or maybe he does! Who knows. A**hole nonetheless

MU82

• All American
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2024, 01:58:19 PM »
Orban’s just bummed he wasn’t invited to dine with the antisemitic troika of Kanye, Fuentes and Trump. Coulda shared some great replacement theories and talked about how wonderful Putin is, all while enjoying Big Macs and extra crispy KFC.

• All American
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2024, 02:10:08 PM »
4ever really only cares about antisemitism when it hurts Biden. Otherwise he doesn’t show much resolve.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2024, 02:19:58 PM »
4ever really only cares about antisemitism when it hurts Biden. Otherwise he doesn’t show much resolve.

Anti-Semitic college students are way more dangerous than anti-Semitic world leaders.
Nobody denies this.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2024, 03:43:32 PM »

Huh, pure dung, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

feedback