[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[Today at 09:15:16 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Poll

If restaurants open in May (for dine-in), are you going/taking your family?

Yes
30 (42.9%)
No
40 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Author Topic: If restaurants open in May (for dine-in), are you going/taking your family?  (Read 21300 times)

wadesworld

• All American
We were trying to do this, but then noticed some were not themselves practicing safety measures. Place we got lunches decided they didn't need to use masks when interacting with customers. Bye.  Won't be visiting after this is over either.
There are a couple that were irresponsible with distancing until forced to close their dining areas. Bye. Won't be visiting after this is over either.
We are now, as others, focusing on a few to support, ones we know and know they are practicing good safety measures. Oh, and the staff gets really generous tips.

Are the customers wearing masks when picking up food?

I’m fine with restaurants that kept their dining areas open until the government gave guidelines that they can’t keep it open. That shouldn’t really be up to them to decide, restaurants shouldn’t have to have scientists or doctors on staff telling them if they’re keeping their customers healthy. That’s why we need leadership at the top, and if restaurants follow their guidelines then all good.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

pbiflyer

• All American
As people still try and communicate, the people not wearing the masks are likely to give people wearing masks the virus, so a restaurant employee not wearing one endangers more people.

As far as the restaurants before the shutdown, they were supposed to be at 50% capacity. the ones I talked about had people shoulder to shoulder at the bar. Not at all following guidelines. So big nope after that.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Last night marked the 10th different locally owned restaurant we have gotten carry out from in the last 5 weeks.   Spreading it around.
Let's hope not.  8-)
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

BM1090

• All American
At this point, I would probably go because I'm not in an at-risk group. I'd social distance afterwards though unless I can get an antibody test that shows I've already had it.

Warriors4ever

• All American
My neighbors and I will periodically do one takeout order from a local place. With separate meals, one pickup. But we don’t do salads, only hot stuff that gets zapped a little bit first.

Hards Alumni

• All American
My neighbors and I will periodically do one takeout order from a local place. With separate meals, one pickup. But we don’t do salads, only hot stuff that gets zapped a little bit first.

Found your problem.

injuryBug

• Team Captain
I am unsure of the mask if the thought of people is it will keep them safe.  I was just at target getting a few essentials and i would 75% of the people in store had a mask of those 75% at least half i witnessed them adjust the mask in some way.
I understand the theory that it will help prevent the spread cause it will lesson the droplets from those that have the virus.

wadesworld

• All American
As people still try and communicate, the people not wearing the masks are likely to give people wearing masks the virus, so a restaurant employee not wearing one endangers more people.

As far as the restaurants before the shutdown, they were supposed to be at 50% capacity. the ones I talked about had people shoulder to shoulder at the bar. Not at all following guidelines. So big nope after that.

I see. From what I remembered in Wisconsin it basically went from everything is open down to gatherings of no more than 10 people allowed (aka dining room areas of restaurants are closed). I could be misremembering that and there was a point where they put a 50% capacity guideline out there.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

pbiflyer

• All American
I’m in Florida. We had 50% and 10 feet between tables and bar seats. Didn’t last long before they shut it down.

Warriors4ever

• All American
Hards,we’re not eating together. We simply take turns paying for the takeout. Everybody gets their own pizza, for example, and they are left on respective doorsteps by whoever does the pickup. Just away for a bit of solidarity.

Hards Alumni

• All American
Hards,we’re not eating together. We simply take turns paying for the takeout. Everybody gets their own pizza, for example, and they are left on respective doorsteps by whoever does the pickup. Just away for a bit of solidarity.

Fair enough!

tower912

• All American
Michigan restaurants open for eating in in June 8.    I just made my reservation.  Best birthday present ever.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
Michigan restaurants open for eating in in June 8.    I just made my reservation.  Best birthday present ever.

Outstanding. Enjoy. Happy birthday.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
We went to our favorite breakfast place on Sunday. Our first meal out in two months. It was nice.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
I went out to my local bar, outdoor seating only, Friday night. Saw some old friends, good for the soul.

MU82

• All American
Got together with my Thursday craft beer crew last week at one of the local breweries -- first time we were able to get together in more than two months.

Sat on the outside patio, socially distanced. Whenever one of us went inside for a refill, we put on our mask. All of the staff at the brewery wore masks.

It felt about as safe as any of this stuff can be, and we had a good time. Enjoyed two NE IPAs and a delicious sour.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Galway Eagle

• All American
GF and I had appetizer and drinks at a local spot on the patio and it was great to have a tiny minute of normalcy before we got shut down because of looters
Maigh Eo for Sam

BM1090

• All American
GF and I had appetizer and drinks at a local spot on the patio and it was great to have a tiny minute of normalcy before we got shut down because of looters

Had food and drinks on a patio last week with my fiance. It was nice, everyone was distanced. Would not feel comfortable eating indoors at this point.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 12:24:09 PM by BM1090 »

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
We had dinner at Champps on Saturday, place was nearly empty, which was nice.

MU82

• All American
Our son, who graduated from DePaul in March, found out he had received a pretty sweet scholarship that they applied retroactively to the autumn and winter quarters. So because all of his schooling already had been paid for, they just gave us that cash as a refund. It was totally unexpected, so a great surprise that we found out about Friday.

I asked my wife if she wanted to go to eat to celebrate, and she usually loves to go out, but she said she wasn't ready, not even to sit on a patio. So we ordered a pizza and brought it home.

She'll get there, but a lot of people around the entire country are still cautious and concerned. That is reflected in the results of pretty much every poll, whether national or state-level, that has been taken the last month.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jesmu84

• All American
First day back in the YMCA. Limit on numbers of people in certain areas. Cleaning equipment between uses. No rec sports. Social distancing.

No masks required.

We'll see.

tower912

• All American
Was it fun to stay there?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

jesmu84

• All American

*Insert village people gif*

pbiflyer

• All American

Did not realize that jesmu84 was a young man.

tower912

• All American
Did not realize that jesmu84 was a young man.
No need to feel down.

feedback