[Today at 10:45:35 AM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by zcg2013
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Skatastrophy
[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[May 07, 2024, 06:51:10 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Good Win  (Read 5975 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: Good Win
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2021, 12:43:58 PM »
This is the most short sighted way of looking at things.  The idiotic “he’s not getting fired next year so we might as well enjoy some meaningless end of the year wins” crowd can’t see past the end of their noses.   Let’s say this absolute crap show of a team scrapes out a win or two in the BE tourney and gets an NIT bid.  Then next year Wojo leads this team to another middle of the pack Big East season and gets a low seed in the tourney and another first round loss.  This awful administration will be perfectly satisfied to keep him around because the majority of this fanbase seems thrilled with mediocrity.  You idiots will accept anything and just say “nothing we can do about it, let’s enjoy another meaningless win.”   
What do you think of Android phones?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2021, 02:20:43 PM »
I,m an old guy new to this sort of venue.  Seems to me there is a lot of overreaction to Wojo.  Certainly he has achieved mediocrity and while that is upsetting He is not wrecking the program.  Hank hurt the program and Dukiet almost killed it,so relax.  I would argue that everybody thought He,be great but he,s not.  He also isn't terrible.  By my count MU only had two bad losses,DePaul and the second Seton Hall game.  had some other tough losses but not bad ones.  Ithink he is starting to figure things out and that next year tells the tale.   Changing  coaches is always a gamble Wojo has an upside and I'd be inclined to let out some more rope.  Gillin was great at Xavier not so great at UVA.  be careful what you wish for.....

Yeah, I can understand your thoughts, and I can see the other option.  I always remember that one Coach that had 5 years at one school and the following 2 at another where in total the (W/L) record was not very Good.   But he Settled In and will finish with a great career.   Glad I don't  have to make this decision.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2021, 02:55:30 PM »
I,m an old guy new to this sort of venue.  Seems to me there is a lot of overreaction to Wojo.  Certainly he has achieved mediocrity and while that is upsetting He is not wrecking the program.  Hank hurt the program and Dukiet almost killed it,so relax.  I would argue that everybody thought He,be great but he,s not.  He also isn't terrible.  By my count MU only had two bad losses,DePaul and the second Seton Hall game.  had some other tough losses but not bad ones.  Ithink he is starting to figure things out and that next year tells the tale.   Changing  coaches is always a gamble Wojo has an upside and I'd be inclined to let out some more rope.  Gillin was great at Xavier not so great at UVA.  be careful what you wish for.....

Good points.  I see the error of my ways  Wishing for a single NCAA tourney win is too much to ask for.  Old guy logic wins again.

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2021, 03:32:49 PM »
Good points.  I see the error of my ways  Wishing for a single NCAA tourney win is too much to ask for.  Old guy logic wins again.
Fartley quickly picking up where Ners left off as Scoop’s resident largest tool...

Speaking of which, who was the guy that was always complaining about losing his business and having to live in a neighborhood with minorities? Don’t recall having seen him lost anything lately.

Hope is okay. That dude was strung way too tightly.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2021, 03:36:35 PM »
Let’s say this absolute crap show of a team scrapes out a win or two in the BE tourney and gets an NIT bid.  Then next year Wojo leads this team to another middle of the pack Big East season and gets a low seed in the tourney and another first round loss.  This awful administration will be perfectly satisfied to keep him around because the majority of this fanbase seems thrilled with mediocrity.

This is where you get tripped up. The ONLY thing that could lower the temperature on Wojos seat this season is an NCAA bid. Whether he gets blown out against Georgetown, or wins the next three and loses in quadruple OT in the BET finals,  the temperature on his seat will remain the same and the bar for firing him will remain the same next season.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2021, 03:54:07 PM »
Certainly he has achieved mediocrity and while that is upsetting He is not wrecking the program.
You serious? He took us from a consistently top half of the  old Big East (better conference) program to a consistently bottom half of the new Big East (worse conference program.

That is the definition of wrecking the program. Today, we are consistently outclassed by Creighton, Seton Hall, and, more recently, St. John’s - three programs that we can all agree were nowhere near our level (consistently) circa 2003-2013.

The only program we’ve maybe leapfrogged is Georgetown, which is in a dumpster fire tailspin of their own (but even they appear to have a better future than us).

Wojo not wrecking the program? You’re inclined to let out some more slack? You’re nuts.

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2021, 04:08:21 PM »
This is where you get tripped up. The ONLY thing that could lower the temperature on Wojos seat this season is an NCAA bid. Whether he gets blown out against Georgetown, or wins the next three and loses in quadruple OT in the BET finals,  the temperature on his seat will remain the same and the bar for firing him will remain the same next season.

Where you get tripped up is being ok with this garbage just because you believe he’s not getting fired this year.  I have before that is irrelevant to what any of us choose to accept.  Just because the administration is happy to feed you a heaping pile of steaming dog crap doesn’t mean you should open wide and happily gulp it down.  Any enjoyment of some meaningless win is you just gulping up that warm canine feces.  You should be upset that they are so ok with keeping him next year and using Covid as an excuse.  Next year will be another excuse I’m sure. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2021, 04:13:12 PM »
Where you get tripped up is being ok with this garbage just because you believe he’s not getting fired this year.  I have before that is irrelevant to what any of us choose to accept.  Just because the administration is happy to feed you a heaping pile of steaming dog crap doesn’t mean you should open wide and happily gulp it down.  Any enjoyment of some meaningless win is you just gulping up that warm canine feces.  You should be upset that they are so ok with keeping him next year and using Covid as an excuse.  Next year will be another excuse I’m sure.

So you admit it's irrelevant what we as fans choose to accept, that is an important realization on your part
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 04:43:01 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2021, 04:34:01 PM »
Willie and Farley would be best friends.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2021, 05:53:54 PM »
So you admit it's irrelevant what we as fans choose to accept, that is an important realization on your part

I admit what fans like you do is irrelevant because you’ll happily eat the crap they feed you and say “nothing I can do”.   Any fans willing to actually take action (particularly financial action) most certainly are not irrelevant.   You will confuse this with meaning that they can affect immediate change.   Wojo may indeed come back next year.   Fans who don’t want 1 min more of Wojo than needed should boo, tweet, cancel season tickets, stop donating, etc.   

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2021, 06:08:52 PM »
I admit what fans like you do is irrelevant because you’ll happily eat the crap they feed you and say “nothing I can do”.   Any fans willing to actually take action (particularly financial action) most certainly are not irrelevant.   You will confuse this with meaning that they can affect immediate change.   Wojo may indeed come back next year.   Fans who don’t want 1 min more of Wojo than needed should boo, tweet, cancel season tickets, stop donating, etc.

You're right about the last two. Booing and tweeting accomplish absolutely nothing.

f/k/a humanlung

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2021, 06:11:22 PM »
Won 4 of our last 5 games.

Just another strong finish for Wojo!

Butler: 7- 12
NC: 14- 8 (but not a typical NC team)
DePaul: 4 - 13
Xavier: 13 - 13

This isn't exactly a gauntlet...

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2021, 06:25:09 PM »
I’m not sure which thread to put this in, so I’ll just say it here.  In the first few minutes of the game last night, the color guy compared Koby McEwan to Vinnie “The Microwave” Johnson and it was just...one of the worst comparisons I’ve ever heard an announcer make.  And then the PBP guy went along with it.  In a span of about 30 seconds, they lost all credibility with me and outed themselves as not having watched a minute of MU ball all year.

Rowsey or Howard would be good comps for Vinnie Johnson, either one of those guys could single-handedly erase a 10 point deficit in 90 seconds.  But Koby McEwan?  Come on.  At least *try* to have a little pride in the job you’re being paid extremely well to do.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2021, 06:26:08 PM »
Butler: 7- 12
NC: 14- 8 (but not a typical NC team)
DePaul: 4 - 13
Xavier: 13 - 13

This isn't exactly a gauntlet...

Xavier is 13-7.

Definitely not a gauntlet. But we collapsed against a similar/worse schedule last year. 4-1 in the last 5 is a good stretch.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2021, 06:57:04 PM »
I'm genuinely curious as to why are you SO emotionally involved in hating on Wojo and the people who run the program? You freak at every post that isn't virulently anti program. If you are a former player, or a player Wojo passed up, or mega donor, or your livelihood depends on their success, or parent of a recruit, I get it (sort of).

What is it?

f/k/a humanlung

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2021, 08:23:00 PM »
Xavier is 13-7.

Definitely not a gauntlet. But we collapsed against a similar/worse schedule last year. 4-1 in the last 5 is a good stretch.

My bad on Xavier.  Typo for sure.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2021, 08:38:35 PM »

I live in Texas so I can't boo (I mean I can boo the TV but I don't think they'll hear me), I don't have season tickets to cancel, and I've never donated to athletics. So I guess all I can do is tweet. But that doesn't actually do anything so....I guess I'm giving it my all!

In all seriousness. I don't think Wojo is the guy. I want him gone. But if you really think that the admin bases their decisions on who to fire/extend based on tweets and booing, we are just going to have to agree to disagree. The only thing that matters is whether or not they believe Wojo is the guy. The only thing that will change their opinion on that is performance on the court.
TAMU

MU82

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2021, 09:54:22 PM »
Xavier is 13-7.

Stop it! Zero nice words allowed!!!!

It's not enough to believe Wojo should be fired. Oh no, that won't do. One must hate him with all of one's heart and soul, blame Wojo for everything bad that has happened, give him absolutely no credit at all for anything good.

Oh, and those 18-22 year olds who are breaking their butts to entertain us? One must root for them to lose every game. Why? Because Wojo.

Only by doing all that can one prove one is a true Marquette basketball fan!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2021, 10:10:21 PM »
Stop it! Zero nice words allowed!!!!

It's not enough to believe Wojo should be fired. Oh no, that won't do. One must hate him with all of one's heart and soul, blame Wojo for everything bad that has happened, give him absolutely no credit at all for anything good.

Oh, and those 18-22 year olds who are breaking their butts to entertain us? One must root for them to lose every game. Why? Because Wojo.

Only by doing all that can one prove one is a true Marquette basketball fan!
Tempting, 82. Tempting.

feedback