Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: No Inside Info On This One, But...  (Read 8880 times)

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
Re: No Inside Info On This One, But...
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2014, 02:59:16 PM »
I thought that was Brett figuring out his substitution patterns.

No, that's Brett figuring out how many seconds he's been in Blacksburg

Death on call

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2014, 03:03:41 PM »
I gotta say the "Brett" references immediately calls Brett Favre to mind.

Bazz
Brent

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2014, 03:37:09 PM »
I like this logic. Wednesday is D-Day.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2014, 04:26:34 PM »
Just trying to connect the dots here.  The guy who usually feeds me some information has been pretty quiet on the coaching search (unlike on Buzz leaving), so I don't have any inside information on it, but...

I just got a text from a different friend who claims to have heard 2nd hand from Broeker that an agreement was reached with whomever the next coach is going to be yesterday.  With MUAve, Keefe, and Goose all mentioning Wednesday in some way or another, Kearney having been rumored to be announced as the Pres on Wednesday at some point on here, and BigDaddy telling us that Shaka is still option #1 and will be at least into tomorrow, if there was an agreement reached yesterday, is Shaka the only option?  If so, could it really be done and the Wednesday timeline is right?  To add to it, if you look at our Compliance Coordinator's Twitter she responded to Gotlieb's guy stating that we weren't under NCAA Investigation.  Look at the conversation that follows.  Eventually, he asks her who the new coach will be, and she responds, "Ahh (yawns)...look at the time!  Time to go to bed!:) Stay tuned, my friend!"  Sounds like she may have known something or it would've been "Nothing has been determined"...

So, does the athletic department already know who the coach will be?  I hope so, because that means it's most likely either Shaka or Howland.

https://twitter.com/DanielleJosetti

Hope so.  Hope IWB is right.  Just don't understand IF everyone knew the announcement would be Wednesday, why bother putting it out there on Monday or leaking it on Monday? 

My theory, IWB was hired as a diversion by MU Athletics while they are secretly negotiating with Doc Rivers to come back to MU.   ;)

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2014, 04:30:13 PM »
I like this logic. Wednesday is D-Day.

What is so special about wednesday.  I see that day popping up in a lot of these rumors.

mattyv1908

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2014, 09:01:28 PM »
I gotta say the "Brett" references immediately calls Brett Favre to mind.

Bazz
Brent

Agree, and as much as I'm sure many fans were frustrated with how he and the Packers parted ways, he is one of the all time greatest sports figures of the great state of Wisconsion.

Buzz Williams could never throw touch down passes while sending d!ck pics to female sideline reporters.  Let's not forget that.
Shut this board down at the opening tip.  If they win, open it back up.  If they lose, keep it shut it down until the next morning.  - Sultan of Slurpery

JD

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2014, 09:06:27 PM »
Big daddy? The guy who told us about the great davante news a few years ago..

Davante maybe playing today...  Over a month later, still not playing.
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2014, 09:08:36 PM »
Agree, and as much as I'm sure many fans were frustrated with how he and the Packers parted ways, he is one of the all time greatest sports figures of the great state of Wisconsion.

Buzz Williams could never throw touch down passes while sending d!ck pics to female sideline reporters.  Let's not forget that.
Frankly, I don't see why everybody pretends to be so outraged by his cell phone pics. Who cares?

I'm a Bears fan and I love him. I was hoping the Packers would sign him last year!

FishonFriday

• Walk-On
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2014, 09:10:17 PM »
Tony Bennett with Porter on staff.

Rick Adelman and his staff at mn have another few weeks.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2014, 09:12:27 PM »

?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2014, 09:14:29 PM »
I think Marq got caught off guard on Monday...

Hope so.  Hope IWB is right.  Just don't understand IF everyone knew the announcement would be Wednesday, why bother putting it out there on Monday or leaking it on Monday? 

My theory, IWB was hired as a diversion by MU Athletics while they are secretly negotiating with Doc Rivers to come back to MU.   ;)

Atticus

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2014, 09:15:43 PM »
Time to call Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy. Ask them to take an SUV to Shaka's house to tell him and his wife there is no longer a need for him.

Oh wait....bad analogy.

Logi4three

• Team Captain
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2014, 09:18:04 PM »

?

Who is your source?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 09:32:23 PM by MARQCAT »

texaswarrior74

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2014, 09:28:48 PM »
Chris Mack of ACC Sports reporting that Wake and Chris Mack have been talking but he also said....

"I also heard from a couple of different inside sources to Wake that the primary targets without a doubt are: Shaka Smart, Gregg Marshall and Ben Howland. If that is true then it is certainly a step in the right direction and means that the administration is willing to dish out the money to the big guns to be successful."

We better not delay too much longer because if Wake is indeed willing to finally pay what it takes, the ACC has great allure these days, even to lesser programs as we recently found out.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2014, 10:07:09 PM »

So he could say he was the first to report it and get more paying customers for his inside info.

feedback