'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: UWM moving games back to Klotsche Center  (Read 6610 times)

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
Re: UWM moving games back to Klotsche Center
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2012, 10:07:12 AM »
Disagree. This furthers the idea that UW-Milwaukee is a low major. Ticket sales will shrink as fewer people want to trek to the Eastside without near as many dining/drinking options and they will lose any momentum they had towards building a new arena. It would not surprise me to see UW-Milwaukee step back down to D2 or D3 in the next 5 to 10 years.

Name the last school that went from DI to D2 or D3 in the last 10 years?   It is not going to happen.

I think you're totally off your nut.

+1
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

Warrior1

• Starter
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2012, 10:08:50 AM »
UWM's attendance numbers are skewed by the number of opposing fans that attend the games, and the number of attendees for the Butler game. The Horizon league typically has a good amount of travel from opposing teams as the locations are mostly midwestern. Obviously, MU and UW skewed the attendance numbers in those seasons which the games were played at UWM, but the Butler game always had at least well over a half full turnout.

With Butler moving to the A-10 you are looking at UWM's typical game numbers being well below their past averages, and that is without the move to the K-center.

If UWM is using the big sell outs in the K-center to justify a on campus arena, it could be a sad few years. I like UWM as a program, but I believe this to be a huge step backwards.

**Does anyone know if their attendance numbers assume full student turnout? IIRC MU and most other schools count tickets sold, and thus the student section is always counted as full. UWM only averages 100 or so students at a game, but if they count seats the way other schools do, the numbers at the game are abysmal.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2012, 10:09:53 AM »
Name the last school that went from DI to D2 or D3 in the last 10 years?   It is not going to happen.

Off the top of my head, didn't Centenary drop from D1 to D3 just last year?

This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2012, 10:12:39 AM »
Name the last school that went from DI to D2 or D3 in the last 10 years?  

Centenary College of Louisiana....starting this year moved from D1 to D3.

Do I win a prize?

chapman

• All American
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2012, 10:13:19 AM »
Off the top of my head, didn't Centenary drop from D1 to D3 just last year?

UNO as well.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2012, 10:20:01 AM »
Birmingham Southern did it in 2006...so that's 3 in the past 6 years, not really all that uncommon  :-\
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2012, 10:23:08 AM »
I guess the people saying they won't renew for that exact reason (convenience, location, social atmosphere) are just lying.

It's not like these are random people looking for something to do, but rather UW-Milwaukee fans who either work downtown or like to make it a night downtown with the game, along with dinner/drinks, one of the things on their agenda. I don't know/care why those people do what they do, but it's pretty clear from reading their comments, that some people aren't happy with the move and as a result, won't go to as many games. Maybe this is just a small minority, but they seem to be pretty vocal. I guess we'll just have to see how it plays out.

Fair enough.

I don't doubt these people exist. I doubt the volume of this portion of their fanbase. If you actually like UWM hoops, you don't go out of convenience. You go because you like UWM.

UWM shouldn't cater to a uber-convenience crowd. That's a finicky group. Let that small portion of the fanbase find something else to do.

In my opinion...

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2012, 10:34:41 AM »

+1

Name the last poster that made up multiple aliases, then used one to laud the other, and lied about it numerous times.

Welcome back Chicos.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2012, 10:36:44 AM »
Fair enough.

I don't doubt these people exist. I doubt the volume of this portion of their fanbase. If you actually like UWM hoops, you don't go out of convenience. You go because you like UWM.

UWM shouldn't cater to a uber-convenience crowd. That's a finicky group. Let that small portion of the fanbase find something else to do.

In my opinion...

Yeah, we'll have to see what/if any impact it has. Tough to say until the season is played out.

All this discussion will be moot anyway if they announce a new arena anytime in the near future.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2012, 10:39:06 AM »
Yeah, we'll have to see what/if any impact it has. Tough to say until the season is played out.

All this discussion will be moot anyway if they announce a new arena anytime in the near future.
What would you consider the near future? Would they have to do it before the season to build excitement for this season, or after the season?

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2012, 10:46:01 AM »
What would you consider the near future? Would they have to do it before the season to build excitement for this season, or after the season?

I think anytime in the next 2-3 years would be the near future. I realize that building an arena is a pretty complex venture so there's no reason to think it's going to happen overnight (especially when a governmental entity such as UWM is involved). If that happened, then I could see the sense in moving back to the Klotsche Center while the new arena was being built/planned.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2012, 11:04:56 AM »
UWM fanbase is weird.   Not much camaraderie on campus and high commuter school/hipster North Ave scene that don't care about school athletics.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2012, 11:30:54 AM »
UWM fanbase is weird.   Not much camaraderie on campus and high commuter school/hipster North Ave scene that don't care about school athletics.
Remember all the ND fans you knew on campus. It's like that x100 with regards to the Badgers. Even though they didn't get in to UW, they feel that the M can be dropped.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2012, 11:34:07 AM »
UWM gets 0% off of concession. It all goes to the WCD.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2012, 12:38:46 PM »
Centenary College of Louisiana....starting this year moved from D1 to D3.

Do I win a prize?

3 months of free hbo from directtv.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2012, 12:40:50 PM »
3 months of free hbo from directtv.

Just use promo code CHICOLOOP.

JMcSteal

• Starter
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2012, 03:35:22 PM »
Ok let's not say UWM isn't even the best Horizon team in the state because they are. They were in the Horizon league championship 2 years ago and finished in the top half last year. GB is second fiddle to Milwaukee at this point. Even though they are in the Horizon league they aren't terrible and they are definitely better than GB.

However I would definitely not want MU to play at the Klostsche

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2012, 03:41:37 PM »
my boss and 3 of his friends have been season ticket holders for years at UWM, I just asked if they'll continue and he said yes but they are pissed that other than the Gasthaus they won't be able to get their pre-game on and then walk to the game like they did from places like Rudy's, Rock Bottom or Bar Louie

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2012, 04:07:20 PM »
The Horizon does, but bear in mind UW-Milwaukee isn't the best Horizon League team in the state, much less the best team in the Horizon. They are definitely looking up at Cleveland State and Valpo right now, even with Butler gone, and Wardle seems to be making bigger strides than Jeter is.

Whatever UW-M does really doesn't make much difference to me, but I'd definitely hope Marquette never plays at the Klotsche. All the more reason this should be a buy series only. No sense in ever going to play in a <3,500-seat arena.

Yeah, I can't believe we're actually going to go play in the Maui Invite and the aircraft carrier game. No sense in ever going to play in a <3,500-seat arena.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2012, 04:18:57 PM »
Yeah, I can't believe we're actually going to go play in the Maui Invite and the aircraft carrier game. No sense in ever going to play in a <3,500-seat arena.

Lemme know when that game from the Klotsche is on ESPN.

What an asinine comment.

feedback