[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by brewcity77
[May 03, 2024, 08:27:54 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: BULLS-BUCKS  (Read 54653 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: BULLS-BUCKS
« Reply #200 on: May 01, 2015, 08:38:45 AM »
First point, yes. I agree. But they had already lost that basketball game by the time the incident happened.

And what Dunleavy did wasn't "physical basketball" any more than what Giannis did. It was dirty. End of.

I didn't see a foul called on Dunleavy.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #201 on: May 01, 2015, 08:45:21 AM »

Because the ref didn't see it, it wasn't a dirty play? Come on. You're better than this.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #202 on: May 01, 2015, 08:57:46 AM »
Because the ref didn't see it, it wasn't a dirty play? Come on. You're better than this.

The play on Carter-Williams should have been a flagrant 1 - clearly wasn't going for the ball.  There could have been a foul called on the other play but there was absolutely no punch thrown - that's ridiculous and no way does it compare to Giannis' response.   

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #203 on: May 01, 2015, 08:59:32 AM »
Yes I took into account the context. Have some class, you shouldn't be spouting off about a 54 point win against a team you should have beat handily in 4 games.

The Bucks lost their cool, but it was a learning experience for the youngest team in the playoffs. On some level I like the fight in them, Dunleavy is a punk and I'm glad they retaliated.

I should have some class but you're glad they retaliated in that way.  Makes perfect sense.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #204 on: May 01, 2015, 09:02:02 AM »
If I was a bulls fan I would be concerned by how great they looked last night, and how disengaged they looked through out much of the rest of the series.  I bet the LeBrons take care of them pretty easily, sad to say for Jimmy's sake.

I'm concerned by their inconsistency from game to game but their performance last night does anything but concern me.   

It will not be an easy series for the Cavs.  Losing Love is big and they are not nearly as good defensively as Milwaukee is (granted they are much better offensively).  If the Bulls can get one in Cleveland to start the series I think they take it. 

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #205 on: May 01, 2015, 09:05:13 AM »
lol.  people here are funny.  tackling someone in basketball is a "dirty and dangerous" play (i don't disagree) but punching not one, but two different players in the face is "smart, veteran basketball."  that's where i disagree.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #206 on: May 01, 2015, 09:05:55 AM »

And that's how you lose basketball games.  The best way to retaliate is to score more points than the other team.

Young teams need to realize that physical basketball happens - especially in the playoffs.  You play through it.  Giving into it is *exactly* what the Bulls wanted.

the game was over by then.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #207 on: May 01, 2015, 09:06:49 AM »
Understood, I said on some level.  That level being I would have liked to smack that smug looking face myself, so I am glad they did it.

What that kid did was as dirty as anything I've ever seen on a basketball court. A punch or an elbow is bad but it's usually a reflexive, spur of the moment thing. Running full tilt at a guy to level him when he's off the ground in a defenseless posture (shooting a jump shot) is beyond the pale. You're really glad he did it? I don't believe that.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #208 on: May 01, 2015, 09:08:22 AM »

only fouls are dirty?  lol okay sultan.

when dunleavy gets fined is it still not dirty?  if he gets suspended for game 1 is it not dirty?

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #209 on: May 01, 2015, 09:10:02 AM »
The play on Carter-Williams should have been a flagrant 1 - clearly wasn't going for the ball.  There could have been a foul called on the other play but there was absolutely no punch thrown - that's ridiculous and no way does it compare to Giannis' response.   

https://vine.co/v/e7n2JH2VjHm

?  that's not a punch?  LOL!

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #210 on: May 01, 2015, 09:12:24 AM »

No, it's not.  I'm not sure you know what a punch is. 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #211 on: May 01, 2015, 09:19:07 AM »

Yeah, that wasn't a punch. Giannis with a nice dive though.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #212 on: May 01, 2015, 09:25:50 AM »
He pushed him in the face.  That same play happens all the time.  But usually its two bigger guys and one doesn't fall.  It wasn't Dunleavy being an angel, but calling it a punch is absurd.

The play on MCW was lame.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 09:29:58 AM by JWags85 »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #213 on: May 01, 2015, 09:40:21 AM »

You are the one happy that a player committed a flagrant-2 foul to retaliate, and you are the one saying *I* am better than that?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #214 on: May 01, 2015, 09:42:04 AM »
only fouls are dirty?  lol okay sultan.

when dunleavy gets fined is it still not dirty?  if he gets suspended for game 1 is it not dirty?

Not the point.  If it isn't called on the floor than the game goes on.  It is irrelevant if he is fined later.

the game was over by then.

Oh so it becomes open season then?  I don't think so.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #215 on: May 01, 2015, 09:43:18 AM »
What that kid did was as dirty as anything I've ever seen on a basketball court. A punch or an elbow is bad but it's usually a reflexive, spur of the moment thing. Running full tilt at a guy to level him when he's off the ground in a defenseless posture (shooting a jump shot) is beyond the pale. You're really glad he did it? I don't believe that.

Agree completely.  And I am a Bucks fan.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #216 on: May 01, 2015, 09:44:53 AM »
You are the one happy that a player committed a flagrant-2 foul to retaliate, and you are the one saying *I* am better than that?

Find where I said I was happy about it. I said it was dumb, but I didn't have a problem with it.

And yes, typically you back your arguments up better than "I didn't see a foul called."

🏀

• All American
« Reply #217 on: May 01, 2015, 09:53:48 AM »
Can't we just all agree on something?

JFB would absolutely destroy Mayo in a fight.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #218 on: May 01, 2015, 09:54:06 AM »
Find where I said I was happy about it. I said it was dumb, but I didn't have a problem with it.

And yes, typically you back your arguments up better than "I didn't see a foul called."

That's because you didn't understand what I was saying.  If a foul isn't called the game goes on.  You don't play to retaliate.  You play to score.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #219 on: May 01, 2015, 09:54:36 AM »
Can't we just all agree on something?

JFB would absolutely destroy Mayo in a fight.

And to think that OJ isn't the dumbest Mayo.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #220 on: May 01, 2015, 09:55:18 AM »

No, I agree it was a stupid thing for him to do. I did say on some level I am glad he did it. I like his competiveness and fight. It was also nice to see Dunleavy get some pay back, but the way Giannis did it was inappropriate. He is 20, he will learn and move on. Good knows I did stupid things at 20 that I learned from and moved on, hell I did stupid things last night.  Great learning experience for these guys.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #221 on: May 01, 2015, 09:57:19 AM »
As a Bulls fan I'm happy with the outcome, but if I was a Bucks fan I'd be proud of the way they showed up and gave the Bulls all they could handle.  Not to the same extent, but something about it reminded me a little of the Bulls/Celtics series a few years back when the Celts were heavily favored and every game was a battle.  At that point it was the sign of the Bulls as an up and coming team.
A lot is being made of the fouls, but I think at the end of the day the fans make even more of it than the players.   Every single guy was hugging in the lines, and even in Dunleavy's post game interview he said it was just something that happens. Playing a team 6 times in a row brings out some fire. There are have been far more physical series and there will be more of them in the future, and possibly even in these playoffs.
I'm really psyched that there could be a good rivalry brewing here.  
I'm not so psyched about what that will mean for muscoop, but they will make the games more fun to watch.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #222 on: May 01, 2015, 09:59:01 AM »
No, I agree it was a stupid thing for him to do. I did say on some level I am glad he did it. I like his competiveness and fight.

Trucking a jump-shooter has nothing to do with competitiveness or fight.  It is a coward move.

It was also nice to see Dunleavy get some pay back, but the way Giannis did it was inappropriate. He is 20, he will learn and move on. Good knows I did stupid things at 20 that I learned from and moved on, hell I did stupid things last night.  Great learning experience for these guys.

I agree with this completely.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #223 on: May 01, 2015, 10:01:01 AM »
No, I agree it was a stupid thing for him to do. I did say on some level I am glad he did it. I like his competiveness and fight. It was also nice to see Dunleavy get some pay back, but the way Giannis did it was inappropriate. He is 20, he will learn and move on. Good knows I did stupid things at 20 that I learned from and moved on, hell I did stupid things last night.  Great learning experience for these guys.

Yup, I'm sure Dunleavy really felt that payback in a 54 point win...I like Giannis a lot. I like the Bucks a lot even though I'm a Bulls fan. (honestly it's not a rivalry to me) But I don't know how bucks fans can be happy with his action or Zazas flying elbows all series.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #224 on: May 01, 2015, 10:09:05 AM »
Yup, I'm sure Dunleavy really felt that payback in a 54 point win...I like Giannis a lot. I like the Bucks a lot even though I'm a Bulls fan. (honestly it's not a rivalry to me) But I don't know how bucks fans can be happy with his action or Zazas flying elbows all series.

Cheap shots by both teams all series, playoff basketball. Go back and watch some of Gibson's play, he punched Bayless right in the chest in one game and had multiple other cheap shots. (Granted not to the level of the Giannis play) You are only seeing what you want to see.