[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[Today at 09:15:16 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: BULLS-BUCKS  (Read 54655 times)

RJax55

• All American
Re: BULLS-BUCKS
« Reply #250 on: May 07, 2015, 09:13:54 AM »

Thibs was playing Noah in the fourth quarter when they were up 57 against the Bucks.  How can they win EVERY POSSESSION without Rose in the game? 

Yeah, the same Noah who's playing on one leg and is a shell of his former self. Watching him now, its hard to believe that he was a 1st team All-NBA selection last year.

As a Bulls fan, I'm looking forward to seeing Thibs on the Magic bench next year.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #251 on: May 07, 2015, 09:17:42 AM »
Yeah, the same Noah who's playing on one leg and is a shell of his former self. Watching him now, its hard to believe that he was a 1st team All-NBA selection last year.

As a Bulls fan, I'm looking forward to seeing Thibs on the Magic bench next year.

Have to agree.  Thibs doesn't seem to understand the role of rest and max performance in the current NBA.  Very good coach, but a terrible manager of people.

Result last night doesn't bother me too much.  Bulls actually won all 3 quarters after the first, but when you go down 20, that doesn't really matter.  1-1 after 2 in Cleveland is all you can ask for.  That being said, Thibs has run this team into the ground again.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #252 on: May 07, 2015, 09:22:50 AM »

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #253 on: May 07, 2015, 09:26:52 AM »
Have to agree.  Thibs doesn't seem to understand the role of rest and max performance in the current NBA.  Very good coach, but a terrible manager of people.

Result last night doesn't bother me too much.  Bulls actually won all 3 quarters after the first, but when you go down 20, that doesn't really matter.  1-1 after 2 in Cleveland is all you can ask for.  That being said, Thibs has run this team into the ground again.

Say you need to win one game and could chose any coach in the league? Without question, Thibs would be my coach. However, a team is never going to win a championship (perhaps not even make the Finals), with Thibs at the helm.

His greatest strength, viewing the game through each possession, is his fatal NBA flaw. Honestly, the guy should be a college coach. The college game is set-up perfectly for his style.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #254 on: May 07, 2015, 09:41:26 AM »

Note to potential NBA players, stay away from French basketball shoes.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #255 on: May 07, 2015, 11:50:39 AM »
Say you need to win one game and could chose any coach in the league? Without question, Thibs would be my coach. However, a team is never going to win a championship (perhaps not even make the Finals), with Thibs at the helm.

His greatest strength, viewing the game through each possession, is his fatal NBA flaw. Honestly, the guy should be a college coach. The college game is set-up perfectly for his style.

Idk, after seeing what he did with the Cs at the end of the season and some of the plays he drew up, Brad Stevens might be up there.

Hilltop

• Walk-On
« Reply #256 on: May 07, 2015, 12:58:55 PM »

Gregg Popovich?  I agree that college would be perfect for Thibs, except maybe the recruiting part but on-court success would help out with that.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #257 on: May 07, 2015, 01:31:47 PM »
Gregg Popovich?  I agree that college would be perfect for Thibs, except maybe the recruiting part but on-court success would help out with that.

Hard to deny Popovich, but for just one game, still going Thibs.

In terms of philosophy though, Popovich is the anti-Thibs. He is always looking at what's the long-term goal is, and how does he position the Spurs the best to get there. If that means sacrificing wins in the regular season, so be it.

Frankly, I think Thibs in college would be similar to Majerus at Utah. Similarities between the two men are striking. Lives are nothing but hoops, live in a hotel, no wife/kids. I agree, I don't see him being a great recruiter, but his teams would win, and success helps bring in talent. Plus, even in the NBA, he has identified guys that he can coach-up and win with.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #258 on: May 09, 2015, 08:24:18 AM »
I was screaming about the terrible Rose isolation for basically the last 5 min, but a great finish. Bank or no I'll take it .

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #259 on: May 12, 2015, 04:16:43 PM »
Deleted. Thanks to Sultan for the correction.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 08:03:35 PM by jesmu84 »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #260 on: May 12, 2015, 07:53:46 PM »
Joey didn't seem to make too much of a difference tonight. But the Bulls still will lose (currently end of 3rd, down 9).

I can't see them winning a game 7 in Cleveland either.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #261 on: May 12, 2015, 08:01:46 PM »
Well, looks like the Bulls are gonna be down 3-2 after tonight...

Joey Crawford is reffing the Bulls/Cavs game tonight. Lebron has a career 25-3 record in playoffs with him as ref and 41-50 without

https://twitter.com/chisoxbarstool/status/598125284026552320

This is false.

http://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/25nkz3/lebron_record_with_joey_crawford

jesmu84

• All American

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #263 on: May 12, 2015, 08:09:46 PM »
No problem. I saw that floating around on Twitter and didn't think it made much sense. It would have been talked about a lot more if true.

brandx

« Reply #264 on: May 12, 2015, 08:12:03 PM »
I assumed it was true cuz I saw it on the Internet pipes.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #265 on: May 13, 2015, 07:29:01 AM »
Tough series for the Bulls to probably lose here.  A lot of close games.  It seems like you have a big opening here with Love out and Irving hurt, but then you lose Pau and have your all-star Jo playing like a shell of himself.
This team as constructed is not getting over the hump.  As frustrating as that feels, they really haven't even been that close to getting to the finals throughout this stretch.
I love Thibs, but it's time to move on.

JuniorCardigan

• Walk-On
« Reply #266 on: May 13, 2015, 09:21:22 AM »
Tough series for the Bulls to probably lose here.  A lot of close games.  It seems like you have a big opening here with Love out and Irving hurt, but then you lose Pau and have your all-star Jo playing like a shell of himself.
This team as constructed is not getting over the hump.  As frustrating as that feels, they really haven't even been that close to getting to the finals throughout this stretch.
I love Thibs, but it's time to move on.

They need an offensive minded coach. The defense these guys play is always going to be good, but they just can't consistently get it done on the other side of the floor.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #267 on: May 13, 2015, 09:27:49 AM »
I thought it was interesting how much Chris Webber was calling out the Bulls offensively.  He basically said, when they are out in the open court or frantically need baskets, they oftentimes get good looks, but when they slow down and run their basic offense, they oftentimes don't. 

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #268 on: May 13, 2015, 09:50:49 AM »
Going to be a very different team next year.  I think Dunleavy and probably Gibson will be gone if they sign Butler, which I think they will.   They're not going to be championship material, but they should keep competing if Butler and Rose stay healthy.... hopefully they get one more year out of Pau....  Noah's best days are behind him.  This will really test GarPax to see if they can keep this thing moving on the fly.

JuniorCardigan

• Walk-On
« Reply #269 on: May 13, 2015, 10:10:31 AM »
I thought it was interesting how much Chris Webber was calling out the Bulls offensively.  He basically said, when they are out in the open court or frantically need baskets, they oftentimes get good looks, but when they slow down and run their basic offense, they oftentimes don't.  

He is a terrible announcer. He was right about the Bulls' offensive troubles, but the Jets comparison was totally asinine.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 10:15:31 AM by JuniorCardigan »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #270 on: May 13, 2015, 10:13:13 AM »
Joey didn't seem to make too much of a difference tonight. But the Bulls still will lose (currently end of 3rd, down 9).

I can't see them winning a game 7 in Cleveland either.

Maybe not with his patent histrionics, but he was part of the crew that made the HORRIBLE decision to eject Taj, after going to the monitor and clearly seeing Delladova initiate that leg lock and hold for an extended period of times.  Dual technicals would have been fine.  The Bulls missed him severely down the stretch as they clawed back into the game.  What a tool.

As for Noah being past his best years, keep in mind that he's not fully healthy and hasnt been all playoffs.  Additionally, this is not a great series for him, matchup wise, but Thibs is overplaying him anyways.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #271 on: May 13, 2015, 10:17:33 AM »
Next years Bulls team will be different, but some of the answers may be on their bench. Mirotic is getting totally inconsistent minutes (this will change) and I will wager both Paxson and Heard believe the way Thibs is letting McDermott rot on the bench is some kind of asinine statement against rookies. Jimmy hardly played as a rookie. Noah will also be healthier next year.

I honestly believe a big problem on this Bulls team is Rose. He's just not an effective scorer, yet he seems to think he's a "go to" guy. Hopefully, somebody can drum into him that, with his skill set, he'd be much more effective as an occasional scorer who sets up his teammates more often. He can't shoot and makes really bad decisions on important, late game possessions. He is very frustrating to watch.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #272 on: May 13, 2015, 10:31:49 AM »
hysterical that some people here are complaining about the refs in this series.  i believe somebody in this thread was called a meatball fan for saying that unlike in the bucks series where the bulls got every call, the cavs (specifically LeBron) would be getting the calls their way against the bulls.  now bulls fans are crying over it and that poster has been gone since before the bucks/bulls ended their series.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #273 on: May 13, 2015, 10:52:11 AM »
Next years Bulls team will be different, but some of the answers may be on their bench. Mirotic is getting totally inconsistent minutes (this will change) and I will wager both Paxson and Heard believe the way Thibs is letting McDermott rot on the bench is some kind of asinine statement against rookies. Jimmy hardly played as a rookie. Noah will also be healthier next year.

I honestly believe a big problem on this Bulls team is Rose. He's just not an effective scorer, yet he seems to think he's a "go to" guy. Hopefully, somebody can drum into him that, with his skill set, he'd be much more effective as an occasional scorer who sets up his teammates more often. He can't shoot and makes really bad decisions on important, late game possessions. He is very frustrating to watch.

Solid points, I agree. With Thibs gone, Mirotic role will only increase.

This season has been basically a complete waste for McDermott. Gets hurt and then can't break into the rotation. I'm not sold on McDermott becoming an impact player, but a new coach should offer a fresh start.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #274 on: May 13, 2015, 10:53:28 AM »

I'm a big D-Rose fan but the Bulls need him to understand that he is no longer the best player on the team.