[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:22:34 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by mugrad_89
[May 03, 2024, 01:20:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: BULLS-BUCKS  (Read 54641 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: BULLS-BUCKS
« Reply #175 on: April 30, 2015, 10:17:33 PM »
New he would. Everybody disagreed with me

Maybe we can wait more than his rookie year....

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #176 on: April 30, 2015, 10:51:56 PM »

Sir yes sir! Maybe if he didn't have a shot clock he could keep up with coach's strategy
Maigh Eo for Sam

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #177 on: April 30, 2015, 11:09:36 PM »
Sir yes sir! Maybe if he didn't have a shot clock he could keep up with coach's strategy

Has anyone claimed they didn't want a shot clock?

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #178 on: April 30, 2015, 11:55:02 PM »
not that i condone what giannis did, but he certainly wasn't the only one acting like a punk.  not once, but twice.  you punch 2 guys in the face and you get what's coming for you...

https://vine.co/v/e7n2JH2VjHm

https://vine.co/v/e7neQHjgql6

can't take the physicality so just take cheap shots.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #179 on: April 30, 2015, 11:57:38 PM »
not that i condone what giannis did, but he certainly wasn't the only one acting like a punk.  not once, but twice.  you punch 2 guys in the face and you get what's coming for you...

https://vine.co/v/e7n2JH2VjHm

https://vine.co/v/e7neQHjgql6

can't take the physicality so just take cheap shots.

To compare what Giannis did to either of those plays is ridiculous. 

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #180 on: May 01, 2015, 12:04:32 AM »

Lets not go acting like MDJ is some saint now. I love him but he is one of the sneakiest dirty players in the league. Not Bruce Bowen bad but he will sneak up on you.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #181 on: May 01, 2015, 12:06:51 AM »

dear god. chicago fans are insufferable. dunleavy knocked giannis on his ass by punching him in the face. this after he knocked mcw out of the game for a quarter after punching him in the face. hilarious that fibs call mke fans meatball fans and then go and defend dunleybitch and call giannis a thug.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #182 on: May 01, 2015, 12:10:38 AM »
dear god. chicago fans are insufferable. dunleavy knocked giannis on his ass by punching him in the face. this after he knocked mcw out of the game for a quarter after punching him in the face. hilarious that fibs call mke fans meatball fans and then go and defend dunleybitch and call giannis a thug.

Lost all credibility after using the term fibs. Those were two pretty cheap, but smart plays. What OJ and Giannis did were just plain stupid. Along with Zaza earlier in the series.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #183 on: May 01, 2015, 12:21:48 AM »
Lets not go acting like MDJ is some saint now. I love him but he is one of the sneakiest dirty players in the league. Not Bruce Bowen bad but he will sneak up on you.

I didn't say he was a saint nor did I say either of those other plays weren't fouls (the shooting foul could have easily been called a flagrant one).  That being said, neither compares to what Giannis did. 

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #184 on: May 01, 2015, 12:24:05 AM »

Your screen name is hilarious based on your comments.  You need to get your eyes or head examined.  You're calling the foul that precipitated that 50 foot sprint and tackle a punch in the face?  Brilliant. 

I didn't defend Dunleavy or call Giannis a thug.  You're not too sharp, are you?

54 points.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #185 on: May 01, 2015, 06:51:55 AM »
Your screen name is hilarious based on your comments.  You need to get your eyes or head examined.  You're calling the foul that precipitated that 50 foot sprint and tackle a punch in the face?  Brilliant. 

I didn't defend Dunleavy or call Giannis a thug.  You're not too sharp, are you?

54 points.

Right, congratulations you beat a team by 54 that won 15 games last year in GAME 6 of a first round playoff. You should feel proud.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #186 on: May 01, 2015, 07:15:57 AM »

Maybe like 5 years, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #187 on: May 01, 2015, 07:39:21 AM »
Right, congratulations you beat a team by 54 that won 15 games last year in GAME 6 of a first round playoff. You should feel proud.

Maybe take into account the context and the type of comment I was responding to. The Bucks had a great year, they gave the Bulls a tough series and appear to have a bright future.

That being said, they got their assed handed to them in historic fashion and lost their cool in the process.

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #188 on: May 01, 2015, 07:42:46 AM »
If I was a bulls fan I would be concerned by how great they looked last night, and how disengaged they looked through out much of the rest of the series.  I bet the LeBrons take care of them pretty easily, sad to say for Jimmy's sake.

Warriorfish

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #189 on: May 01, 2015, 07:46:12 AM »
Anybody else watch Parker shooting before the game?

He always had a bit of a soft body, but he is VERY out of shape.

And as much of an improvement as the overall season was, this game was as big of an embarrassment.  This is a professional NBA team, not a special olympics squad that you praise for just showing up and trying, and they should get as much criticism as  they got praise for winning game 5.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #190 on: May 01, 2015, 07:46:38 AM »
The Bucks meltdown last night was tough to watch.  But they're young and will learn from it.  Greek's outburst was stupid and uncalled for.

Good luck to Jimmy and the Bulls going forward.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #191 on: May 01, 2015, 07:48:50 AM »
Maybe take into account the context and the type of comment I was responding to. The Bucks had a great year, they gave the Bulls a tough series and appear to have a bright future.

That being said, they got their assed handed to them in historic fashion and lost their cool in the process.

Yes I took into account the context. Have some class, you shouldn't be spouting off about a 54 point win against a team you should have beat handily in 4 games.

The Bucks lost their cool, but it was a learning experience for the youngest team in the playoffs. On some level I like the fight in them, Dunleavy is a punk and I'm glad they retaliated.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #192 on: May 01, 2015, 08:14:27 AM »
Yes I took into account the context. Have some class, you shouldn't be spouting off about a 54 point win against a team you should have beat handily in 4 games.

The Bucks lost their cool, but it was a learning experience for the youngest team in the playoffs. On some level I like the fight in them, Dunleavy is a punk and I'm glad they retaliated.

You do realize that Dunleavy did exactly what he set out to do right?  He got them thinking more about retaliation and such nonsense rather than playing their game.

That was a veteran team toying with a young team.  It is a method as old as the NBA itself.  Dunleavy "won."  Being "glad they retaliated" means that you are happy that the Bucks were mentally not in right place.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #193 on: May 01, 2015, 08:19:45 AM »

You do realize that Dunleavy did exactly what he set out to do right?  He got them thinking more about retaliation and such nonsense rather than playing their game.

That was a veteran team toying with a young team.  It is a method as old as the NBA itself.  Dunleavy "won."  Being "glad they retaliated" means that you are happy that the Bucks were mentally not in right place.

Understood, I said on some level.  That level being I would have liked to smack that smug looking face myself, so I am glad they did it.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #194 on: May 01, 2015, 08:22:32 AM »
That was a veteran team toying with a young team.  It is a method as old as the NBA itself.  Dunleavy "won."  Being "glad they retaliated" means that you are happy that the Bucks were mentally not in right place.

Arguing about a team's mental state when down huge like that is pointless. Chances are they won't be in that situation again.

I don't have a problem with what Giannis did. Was it dumb? Sure. Did it matter? No.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #195 on: May 01, 2015, 08:25:20 AM »
Arguing about a team's mental state when down huge like that is pointless. Chances are they won't be in that situation again.

I don't have a problem with what Giannis did. Was it dumb? Sure. Did it matter? No.

I have a huge problem with it.  It was dirty play that could result in injury.  I don't care what Dunleavy did prior.  You don't act like that on a basketball court.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #196 on: May 01, 2015, 08:29:14 AM »
I agree.  It was an embarrassing and unprofessional play.  And I'm pretty confident Jason tore him a new one after the game.  He's 20 and made a mistake.  Now he just needs to learn from it.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #197 on: May 01, 2015, 08:31:19 AM »
I have a huge problem with it.  It was dirty play that could result in injury.  I don't care what Dunleavy did prior.  You don't act like that on a basketball court.

If someone punches me and my teammate, you can be damn sure I'm putting him on his ass the next chance I get. Giannis' mistake was being so blatant about it.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #198 on: May 01, 2015, 08:33:32 AM »
If someone punches me and my teammate, you can be damn sure I'm putting them on their ass the next chance I get. Giannis' mistake was being so blatant about it.

And that's how you lose basketball games.  The best way to retaliate is to score more points than the other team.

Young teams need to realize that physical basketball happens - especially in the playoffs.  You play through it.  Giving into it is *exactly* what the Bulls wanted.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #199 on: May 01, 2015, 08:36:39 AM »
And that's how you lose basketball games.  The best way to retaliate is to score more points than the other team.

Young teams need to realize that physical basketball happens - especially in the playoffs.  You play through it.  Giving into it is *exactly* what the Bulls wanted.

First point, yes. I agree. But they had already lost that basketball game by the time the incident happened.

And what Dunleavy did wasn't "physical basketball" any more than what Giannis did. It was dirty. End of.