[May 09, 2024, 08:12:51 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[May 09, 2024, 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 09, 2024, 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 09, 2024, 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 317790 times)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #475 on: April 14, 2020, 05:17:57 PM »
Everything that happens in the executive branch is the responsibility of the chief executive, no?  That's what the Brain Trust of this board would have you believe.

I mean...from your article...it appears the guy you want to blame, actually "fixed" the problem once he heard about it.  Not created the problem as you are stating:
But after the guidance was brought to the attention of Evers' office, the board updated its recommendations.

I don't live in Wisconsin, and have no idea if Evers is "good" or "bad".  But in this case head heard about a bad decision and forced a good change - no?

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #476 on: April 14, 2020, 05:23:00 PM »
Exactly, rocky.

C'mon, Zig.  You posted something to cast shade on Evers.   Yeah, he's the head of the Exec, but he fixed it shortly after finding out.   

It's ok, we make mistakes.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #477 on: April 14, 2020, 07:10:17 PM »
I hear family members on group call boardline yelling about how horrible evers is for the "banning the window visits". The iggnorance gives me a headache

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #478 on: April 14, 2020, 08:19:57 PM »
Exactly, rocky.

C'mon, Zig.  You posted something to cast shade on Evers.   Yeah, he's the head of the Exec, but he fixed it shortly after finding out.   

It's ok, we make mistakes.

so, the reaction by the pro-evers crowd should be to have the same tolerance and due diligence for our potus then, eyn'a?

mkay
don't...don't don't don't don't

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #479 on: April 14, 2020, 08:26:38 PM »
so, the reaction by the pro-evers crowd should be to have the same tolerance and due diligence for our potus then, eyn'a?

mkay

His administration made a mistake. It was changed after public backlash. A responsive government that isn’t afraid to admit mistakes and take corrective action quickly.

So you want to compare this to the Trumps administration handling of the pandemic?  They have made multiple errors but have admitted to none of them and still are screwing up the response.

So why should I have the same tolerance when they don’t react the same?

Looking forward to the answer that i undoubtedly will not receive. Per usual.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #480 on: April 14, 2020, 08:27:52 PM »

mkay
Sure.  Tell me anything he has ever fixed less than a day after it occurred?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #481 on: April 14, 2020, 08:30:33 PM »

Well they did admit they didn’t have ‘total authority’ today after many members of their own congress spoke out. 

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #482 on: April 14, 2020, 09:01:08 PM »
Well they did admit they didn’t have ‘total authority’ today after many members of their own congress spoke out.
Yeah, when you've lost Liz Cheney, daughter of one of the strongest proponents of the Unitary Executive theory, you've really f'ed up.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #483 on: April 14, 2020, 10:24:49 PM »

To be fair, he paid off some of his girlfriends pretty fast.

• All American
« Reply #484 on: April 15, 2020, 07:33:20 AM »
His administration made a mistake. It was changed after public backlash. A responsive government that isn’t afraid to admit mistakes and take corrective action quickly.

So you want to compare this to the Trumps administration handling of the pandemic?  They have made multiple errors but have admitted to none of them and still are screwing up the response.

So why should I have the same tolerance when they don’t react the same?

Looking forward to the answer that i undoubtedly will not receive. Per usual.

<crickets>
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #485 on: April 15, 2020, 08:48:12 AM »

mkay

You mistake "Pro-Evers" with "Pro-facts."

I take your point though.  Of the umbrage displayed about Trump's (mis)statements, a portion of it is undue. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #486 on: April 15, 2020, 09:08:52 AM »
I’m no fan of Evers and think he’s way over his head, but going at him for this is the worst thing that NojoEvers can do cause it discredits further arguments against as overly biased and behind blinders

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #487 on: April 15, 2020, 10:57:06 AM »

<crickets>

oops, just noted your post now-"multiple errors" admitting to "none"?  source?  go review how H1N1 was handled by you know who and get back to me. 

1st case documented 4/18/2009

6/11/2001-WHO issues pandemic alert

10/24/2009-obama declares public health emergency-this after more than 1000 people had already DIED

i don't remember near the hysteria and/or hard 24/7 condemnations of obama during this time during our first "scandal free" administration of course.  let all the arse covering begin in 3...2...1...

regardless of whether not admittance was made of any "misunderstanding", corrections have been continually been made along the way.  if you are waiting to see anything good or at least "acceptable" on cnn, msnbc, abc, cbs, nbc, huffpost, bloomberg, et.al. it will never happen.  our country has been carpet bombed with all bad news for a number of reasons-tds and "the experts narrative"
don't...don't don't don't don't

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #488 on: April 15, 2020, 11:04:36 AM »
oops, just noted your post now-"multiple errors" admitting to "none"?  source?  go review how H1N1 was handled by you know who and get back to me. 

10/24/2009-obama declares public health emergency-this after more than 1000 people had already DIED

i don't remember near the hysteria and/or hard 24/7 condemnations of obama during this time during our first "scandal free" administration of course.  let all the arse covering begin in 3...2...1...

regardless of whether not admittance was made of any "misunderstanding", corrections have been continually been made along the way.  if you are waiting to see anything good or at least "acceptable" on cnn, msnbc, abc, cbs, nbc, huffpost, bloomberg, et.al. it will never happen.  our country has been carpet bombed with all bad news for a number of reasons-tds and "the experts narrative"

12,469 people died in the US as a result of H1N1 in a full calendar year.
25,000 people died in the US as a result of COVID-19 in its first six weeks.

Maybe it's time to stop dropping that comparison.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #489 on: April 15, 2020, 11:10:12 AM »

Nm
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 11:27:46 AM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

• All American
« Reply #490 on: April 15, 2020, 11:13:28 AM »

Cool.

None of this answers the question I posed.  But I'm glad you're sticking to your talking points instead of thinking critically.  Life is so much easier that way!!!

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #491 on: April 15, 2020, 12:18:14 PM »
I’m no fan of Evers and think he’s way over his head, but going at him for this is the worst thing that NojoEvers can do cause it discredits further arguments against as overly biased and behind blinders

I have become a fan of Evers. He's kinda the anti-politician. One of the few I've seen that isn't like a moth to flame when cameras are around. On the charisma scale, he's definitely in the negative numbers.

But I have been pleased with the job he ha done both before the pandemic and since. I could quibble with a couple things he's done, but overall, he's been solid. Of course it is a low bar, since we have to compare him to Walker.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #492 on: April 15, 2020, 12:38:23 PM »
I have become a fan of Evers. He's kinda the anti-politician. One of the few I've seen that isn't like a moth to flame when cameras are around. On the charisma scale, he's definitely in the negative numbers.

But I have been pleased with the job he ha done both before the pandemic and since. I could quibble with a couple things he's done, but overall, he's been solid. Of course it is a low bar, since we have to compare him to Walker.

I still can't believe I met Walker several times as a student.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #493 on: April 15, 2020, 03:21:16 PM »
I was two years behind Farley and two years ahead of when Walker was supposed to graduate.   I knew him peripherally and then interviewed him and his opponent for ASMU  president during  that election.  We ran both interviews on WMUR.  I was not favorably impressed but even then he had a group of followers that would do anything for him.   Witness the going through the dorms campaigning and the disposal of every copy of the Marquette Tribune they could find  when it endorsed his opponent.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #494 on: April 15, 2020, 04:49:37 PM »
Spanky Walker and his Gang, circa 1986

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #495 on: April 15, 2020, 04:54:57 PM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #496 on: April 15, 2020, 05:39:36 PM »
They apparently learned nothing from the backlash in Wisconsin:

"Texas voters can’t request a mail-in ballot for upcoming elections if they fear contracting Covid-19 and groups that encourage them to do so could face criminal consequences, the state attorney general’s office said Wednesday.

Texas tightly regulates the use of mail-in ballots, only allowing people 65 or older, with disabilities, and those out of their county during an election to use them. Many states are loosening their requirements for requesting an absentee ballot, but the Wednesday letter from Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, a Republican, makes it clear the state will remain inflexible on its policy.

“Fear of contracting Covid-19 unaccompanied by a qualifying sickness or physical condition does not constitute a disability under the Election Code for purposes of receiving a ballot by mail,” Ryan Vassar, an attorney in the attorney general’s office, wrote to the legislature. “To the extent that third parties advise voters to apply for a mail-in ballot based solely on fear of contracting Covid-19, such activity could subject those third parties to criminal sanctions.”

The letter came on the same day that a judge in Travis County, home of Austin, heard arguments in a lawsuit seeking to allow every Texan to vote by mail. The judge said he was “inclined” to grant the request."

Source: The Guardian

MU82

• All American
« Reply #497 on: April 15, 2020, 05:42:19 PM »
They apparently learned nothing from the backlash in Wisconsin:

"Texas voters can’t request a mail-in ballot for upcoming elections if they fear contracting Covid-19 and groups that encourage them to do so could face criminal consequences, the state attorney general’s office said Wednesday.

Texas tightly regulates the use of mail-in ballots, only allowing people 65 or older, with disabilities, and those out of their county during an election to use them. Many states are loosening their requirements for requesting an absentee ballot, but the Wednesday letter from Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, a Republican, makes it clear the state will remain inflexible on its policy.

“Fear of contracting Covid-19 unaccompanied by a qualifying sickness or physical condition does not constitute a disability under the Election Code for purposes of receiving a ballot by mail,” Ryan Vassar, an attorney in the attorney general’s office, wrote to the legislature. “To the extent that third parties advise voters to apply for a mail-in ballot based solely on fear of contracting Covid-19, such activity could subject those third parties to criminal sanctions.”

The letter came on the same day that a judge in Travis County, home of Austin, heard arguments in a lawsuit seeking to allow every Texan to vote by mail. The judge said he was “inclined” to grant the request."

Source: The Guardian

Must suppress the vote ... must suppress the vote ... must suppress the vote ...
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #498 on: April 15, 2020, 06:10:49 PM »
Ballot harvesting is their concern.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"