[Today at 08:12:51 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 317669 times)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #450 on: April 14, 2020, 09:38:51 AM »
Dems seemed way more organized. My wife and I got texts from their candidates every day leading up to the election. Nothing from the conservative side.

I got texts from both sides, more from Kelly late....soooo many blocked numbers now.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #451 on: April 14, 2020, 09:41:54 AM »
Former MU baller Marcus West won as an alderman up in Racine.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

MU82

• All American
« Reply #452 on: April 14, 2020, 09:44:04 AM »
Hagedorn/Neubauer was decided by a handful of votes. And the abocve trend line doesn't include Walker's surprising loss.

I'm assuming nothing. And I don't really care about Wisconsin politics. Just looking at the national trends, and I believe what I said earlier was correct:

Even states/counties/districts that Trump had carried in 2016, some of which he had won decisively and some of which had been Republican for years or even decades, have become competitive since 2018. Meanwhile, very few traditionally Dem areas have turned right.

I make no predictions. So much will depend on turnout. If turnout is high in the swing states, it bodes well for the Dem candidates. It's math. There simply are more Dems than Republicans, and more Independents than either in a lot of those states. And Independents have leaned away from Trump the last two years. If anything approaching the "Obama coalition" shows up in November, or even the enthusiasm from 2018 turns out, it wouldn't be good for Republicans.

These aren't "political opinions." They are facts.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #453 on: April 14, 2020, 09:52:38 AM »
I got texts from both sides, more from Kelly late....soooo many blocked numbers now.

Just keep texting them back and with questions about the campaign. Get increasingly hostile. They don't send out texts after a while.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #454 on: April 14, 2020, 10:14:06 AM »
Hagedorn/Neubauer was decided by a handful of votes. And the abocve trend line doesn't include Walker's surprising loss.

I'm assuming nothing. And I don't really care about Wisconsin politics. Just looking at the national trends, and I believe what I said earlier was correct:

Even states/counties/districts that Trump had carried in 2016, some of which he had won decisively and some of which had been Republican for years or even decades, have become competitive since 2018. Meanwhile, very few traditionally Dem areas have turned right.

I make no predictions. So much will depend on turnout. If turnout is high in the swing states, it bodes well for the Dem candidates. It's math. There simply are more Dems than Republicans, and more Independents than either in a lot of those states. And Independents have leaned away from Trump the last two years. If anything approaching the "Obama coalition" shows up in November, or even the enthusiasm from 2018 turns out, it wouldn't be good for Republicans.

These aren't "political opinions." They are facts.

So, we agree, a coin flip.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #455 on: April 14, 2020, 10:25:05 AM »
Alternative facts:

Ronna McDaniel

@GOPChairwoman

Congratulations to
@realDonaldTrump
 on his big victory in Wisconsin!

The state was critical in 2016, and we are working hard to keep it in the WIN column in November!

https://twitter.com/GOPChairwoman/status/1249817464776658944
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #456 on: April 14, 2020, 10:33:35 AM »
So, we agree, a coin flip.
Absolutely. 7 months is forever.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #457 on: April 14, 2020, 11:51:21 AM »
Ha, I was in the process of typing out something very similar.  Neubauer lost to Hagedorn, so to call this a trend is a tad misleading.

I think the one trend that was pretty consistent in Wisconsin was that Rs did well in off year elections until 2018. That was the biggest reason we couldn’t get rid of Walker. Dems were lazy voters who didn’t turn out In off years. Trump was the biggest reason Evers beat Walker.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #458 on: April 14, 2020, 12:02:05 PM »
Ha, I was in the process of typing out something very similar.  Neubauer lost to Hagedorn, so to call this a trend is a tad misleading.

Seeing those vote totals bounce up and down 300-600k votes is .. kind of amazing.   Liberal SC candidates have taken 2 of the last 3 SCOWIS elections, so it begs the question: Why only 2 of 3?   

In the past few years .. there is zero chance a SC candidate wins or loses because of their positions on X or Y, or if they are qualified or not. 

Hagedorn was thought of as a lost cause but the closing weeks GOP voters were inspired to defend GOP judges during the Kavanaugh hearings.   Despite being outspent by huge sums, the turnout got him the W.

Fast forward 12 months and now liberal voters are inspired to vote in large numbers.  For the final 3 weeks, the April election is HUGE news and people request mail in ballots in giant numbers. 

TLDR, there's ~500k voters in Wisconsin who maybe vote in April, maybe not, depending on their inspiration.    How that breaks is who wins.  It doesn't matter if the candidate is mediocre or who spends the most.  It's who is burning to vote the other party out.

TLDR2: #Arbys.  This is no way to run a country.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #459 on: April 14, 2020, 12:31:44 PM »
Funny how all the leftist groups are no longer planning on lawsuits, since their candidate won the SC election.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #460 on: April 14, 2020, 01:03:42 PM »
Evers has now banned window visits at nursing homes and assisted living facilities.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #461 on: April 14, 2020, 01:03:46 PM »
Funny how all the leftist groups are no longer planning on lawsuits, since their candidate won the SC election.

I don't see that as odd.   Election lawsuits are entirely about outcomes.   

Both political sides operate under the same rule: Count of odd/missing/rejected/undelivered ballots > the difference between candidate totals = LAWSUIT

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #462 on: April 14, 2020, 01:05:04 PM »
Evers has now banned window visits at nursing homes and assisted living facilities.

You've got that backwards:

https://www.nbc15.com/content/news/Wisconsin-bans-window-visits-at-nursing-homes-569628631.html

Gov. Evers rescinds agency's ban on "window visits" at nursing homes

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #463 on: April 14, 2020, 01:12:28 PM »
You've got that backwards:

https://www.nbc15.com/content/news/Wisconsin-bans-window-visits-at-nursing-homes-569628631.html

Gov. Evers rescinds agency's ban on "window visits" at nursing homes

Good.  Glad someone came to their senses.

My aunt-in-law(?) died this past weekend from breast cancer and her family wasnt allowed to visit.  Whats she going to do, catch the rona before the cancer took her?

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #464 on: April 14, 2020, 01:41:38 PM »
Can we all just agree, every governmental distancing rule gets a pass for the rest of April?

I mean, please.  This situation is maximum crazy and we're just going to have to suck it up for a few more weeks, stupid rules or not.   

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #465 on: April 14, 2020, 01:51:32 PM »
Can we all just agree, every governmental distancing rule gets a pass for the rest of April?

I mean, please.  This situation is maximum crazy and we're just going to have to suck it up for a few more weeks, stupid rules or not.

Eh, if someone told me I couldn't see my dying son/wife etc. Id probably say unnatural carnal knowledge that, and go.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #466 on: April 14, 2020, 02:10:40 PM »
Good.  Glad someone came to their senses.

My aunt-in-law(?) died this past weekend from breast cancer and her family wasnt allowed to visit.  Whats she going to do, catch the rona before the cancer took her?

You got caught in a lie.

"Someone" didn't come to their senses. Evers got rid of a bad rule that an agency had made.

MU82

• All American

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #468 on: April 14, 2020, 02:22:43 PM »
I think the Supreme Court made the right decision.  I'm blaming the legislature.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #469 on: April 14, 2020, 02:37:13 PM »
All 7 Wisconsin Supreme Court justices voted absentee.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/investigations/daniel-bice/2020/04/13/wisconsin-election-supreme-court-justices-all-voted-absentee/5134487002/

Lots of hypocrisy here.

If these justices normally voted absentee, there would be no issue. By changing their habits, the acknowledged that they thought the normal election process was potentially dangerous.

Every other state with the later primary has postponed with zero issues except for Wisconsin and Ohio.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #470 on: April 14, 2020, 02:43:06 PM »
I think the Supreme Court made the right decision.  I'm blaming the legislature.

Agree, sort of.  The legislature should have absolutely joined with the governor. 

The WISC and SCOTUS should have .. scheduled hearings for ~June 1st. 

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #471 on: April 14, 2020, 03:19:13 PM »
You got caught in a lie.

"Someone" didn't come to their senses. Evers got rid of a bad rule that an agency had made.

Not a lie.  It was on the news this morning.   Toppers link was from around 11:30 am.  Right about the time Evers wakes up from.his morning nap.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #472 on: April 14, 2020, 04:04:57 PM »
Not a lie.  It was on the news this morning.   Toppers link was from around 11:30 am.  Right about the time Evers wakes up from.his morning nap.

You wrote .. "Evers has now banned window visits at nursing homes and assisted living facilities."

This is a false statement, and what you posted was factually incorrect.   Either the news you listened to stated it incorrectly, or you misheard it and spread the falsehood.

You can own that, it's OK.  "Oops, sorry, my bad."

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #473 on: April 14, 2020, 04:20:26 PM »
You wrote .. "Evers has now banned window visits at nursing homes and assisted living facilities."

This is a false statement, and what you posted was factually incorrect.   Either the news you listened to stated it incorrectly, or you misheard it and spread the falsehood.

You can own that, it's OK.  "Oops, sorry, my bad."

https://wkow.com/2020/04/14/window-visits-at-nursing-homes/

No, the "Board on Aging", which is under the governor, issued this asinine ruling yesterday and it was repealed at 11:30 10:30 today.  Everything that happens in the executive branch is the responsibility of the chief executive, no?  That's what the Brain Trust of this board would have you believe.

my bad, had the time wrong.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 04:23:12 PM by ZiggysFryBoy »

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #474 on: April 14, 2020, 04:45:40 PM »
https://wkow.com/2020/04/14/window-visits-at-nursing-homes/

No, the "Board on Aging", which is under the governor, issued this asinine ruling yesterday and it was repealed at 11:30 10:30 today.  Everything that happens in the executive branch is the responsibility of the chief executive, no?  That's what the Brain Trust of this board would have you believe.

my bad, had the time wrong.

Grandma died. We buried Grandma.

vs

We buried Grandma. Grandma died.

feedback